Chappelle vs. Key & Peele

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul
Basically a question of who is funnier, no fist fights (Chappelle would clearly win). Who wins.

Back up your opinions with actual reasoning, I don't want to read any bullshit such as "Chappelle/K&P is/are gay as shit." Feel free to put in random quotes from the sketches.

Wei Phoenix
They are both drastically different and the only thing they have in common is that they are Black sketch shows with different types of comedy.

jmoul
Not really, they are pretty similar. The biggest difference is that Chappelle was more willing to be controversial, such as in his Clayton Bigsby sketch.

Wei Phoenix
There are plenty of more differences, perspective of life, topics, though they share some topics.

KingD19
In Key & Peele they had one sketch where a Nazi comes looking for negroes and tries to find out if they're black by using cat toys.

Yamcha
I'd catch The Chappelle Show every so often but it wasn't something that made me constantly bust a gut (Not dissing it, it had some funny sketches and I find some of Dave's stand up pretty funny. My sense of humor is weird lol) where as K&P I loved back when I had cable and was always stoked to tune in, it never ceased to make me laugh.

Different strokes though. As people in general idk I haven't heard anything on K&P, yet I had friends who met Dave at a skatepark and said he was cool as hell.

KingD19
Both shows are hilarious and the best of their kind.

Yamcha
Originally posted by KingD19
Both shows are hilarious and the best of their kind. thumb up

Wei Phoenix
Dave was a pioneer of Black sketch shows. The only one I can think of before him is Richard Pryor. After Dave plenty more Black comedians got their own sketch shows. This isn't to steal any shine from Key and Peele at all. They've been a funny duo since Mad TV. They aren't too comparable like we have been saying but Dave was an indirect influence to them getting the green light by Comedy Central.

KingD19
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Dave was a pioneer of Black sketch shows. The only one I can think of before him is Richard Pryor. After Dave plenty more Black comedians got their own sketch shows. This isn't to steal any shine from Key and Peele at all. They've been a funny duo since Mad TV. They aren't too comparable like we have been saying but Dave was an indirect influence to them getting the green light by Comedy Central.

That's absolutely true. And I'm sure if you ask them they'll both say Dave was a big inspiration and played a role in them becoming so popular because Dave basically opened up that venue of comedy so it wasn't a foreign concept. But he's done it so well, that it shows just how good Key & Peele are that the show was received so well and
is coming back for yet another season(It ****ing better be)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.