What would the world be like without KMC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Would you be lost without your fellow compadres?

Shakyamunison
I would be just fine.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I would be just fine.

What would you do to fill the void of time spent here?

Bentley
Originally posted by Time Immemorial

Loving.

In actuality, the world is sustained everytime a certain poster here decides to share the light of his knowledge with everyone else.

It isn't me by the way, but thanks for your adoration

Time Immemorial
I feel this place offers better discussion on a wide range of topics and issues you cannot find anywhere else.

Shakyamunison

I would do something else. I left for over a year, and I survived just fine. I only returned to communicate with an old friend.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Bentley
Loving.

In actuality, the world is sustained everytime a certain poster here decides to share the light of his knowledge with everyone else.

It isn't me by the way, but thanks for your adoration Mein savior!

Epicurus
Would you be lost without your fellow compadres?
Nope. The world wouldn't be much different from it already is.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Epicurus
Nope. The world wouldn't be much different from it already is.

Oh please you know you would have a hole in your heart.

Epicurus
Oh please you know you would have a hole in your heart.
Originally posted by Epicurus
Nope.

NemeBro
I'd probably just kill myself tbh

dadudemon
KMC is not without merits. We have one of the best Comic Book sub-forums out there.

We have THE best Movie Versus forum out there. Seriously. When google searching for some match-ups, KMC threads are almost always the top links. Compare this to ginormous places such as reddit (they have several vs. subreddits) and you'll see why KMC has quite the unique flavor.

For instance, research any versus details that involve John Preston. You'll see KMC show up in the top results despite the cult following of Equilibrium.

But, ultimately, the world would not be very much different without KMC. The type of knowledge we aggregate, here, is not the type of knowledge that furthers scientific or philosophical thought. It is the type that entertains. I am arbitrarily placing merit on science and pragmatic knowledge, if you're a philosophical nihilist, but I'm not so I do not consider it arbitrary.

But, there are times that people learn quite a bit from others on this board. I have learned quite a bit form others (academia). For instance, the political discussions on this board, when it was very active around 2006-2007, were awesome. I am positive I am a better person for those conversations, even if I did not learn anything. The best part about those conversations is learning different ways people can make the same points. Sometimes, a political position makes much more sense when explained with a particular thought process or syllogism.

Anyway, I think I am going to take a shit, now.

Esau Cairn
Without KMC, Quanchi would still be hiding in the closet.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Without KMC, Quanchi would still be hiding in the closet.

laughing

Clovie
You know? I think it would be seriously different. I've met some people on here. And i actually believe that they have affected my life.

You know who you are winkiss

ps. we are high on google search, coz ages ago Raz had some conections to them.. I don't remember exactly. but it's not a random thing that we are high in search engine... lady I feel old.

riv6672
I'd be super bored on during my internet time.
I love surfing, but there's more of a purpose/continuity to posting.

My regular site went down months ago, and i wound up here in large part because of what dadudemon said; i was researching a potential versus for when the site that was down came back, and realized KMC regularly popped up as having info.
Turned out i'd registered here during a deployment but never posted.

Seemed a good place to hang, and it has been. My old site going down actually caused some folks i already know to post here too...

dadudemon
Originally posted by Clovie
ps. we are high on google search, coz ages ago Raz had some conections to them.. I don't remember exactly. but it's not a random thing that we are high in search engine... lady I feel old.

While that may be true, the google searches I am talking about are unique. It is not a matter of paying (or having connections) to be higher in the results, it is a matter of KMC being the only place on all of the internet with specific word combinations.

AsbestosFlaygon
KMC is like one of the only forums I frequent.

This site has THE best Comic Book 'Respect' Forum, hands down.

Life would be a bit more boring for me without KMC.
Even though I haven't met anyone here and no one really gives a shit if I die tomorrow, I consider most of you friends (yes even that troll Quanchi, since I've spent a lot of time in the Comics VS forum in the past).

I'm not a party person, quite a recluse actually, and you can count my friends with your fingers (even though I work as a DJ, I don't normally socialize with people due to my troubled past).
I know friends of friends, but I only consider them acquiantances/FWBs.
True story.

The Renegade
Originally posted by dadudemon
We have THE best Movie Versus forum out there. Seriously. When google searching for some match-ups, KMC threads are almost always the top links. Compare this to ginormous places such as reddit (they have several vs. subreddits) and you'll see why KMC has quite the unique flavor.

I don't know about "best." Maybe one of the more popular ones. Fact, jack.

riv6672
Thats right, you DONT know! mad

laughing out loud

Bardock42
I met my girlfriend on here, so that is pretty important to me. Besides that I also met a lot of very, very dear friends. And it has been the source of a lot of entertainment for me.

dadudemon

riv6672
I dont know about most...laughing out loud

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
I met my girlfriend on here, so that is pretty important to me. Besides that I also met a lot of very, very dear friends. And it has been the source of a lot of entertainment for me.

Free entertainment is greatsmile

Impediment
Without KMC, I wouldn't have met some very cool and dear people I call friends. I wouldn't have taken the time to learn MS Paint, Photoshop, and Photo Impact Pro to learn how to make signature images and avatars. I also would never have learned about Internet life, in general, from some of the more savvy users on here.

Still, my life wouldn't be too terribly different had I never discovered KMC.

There are some people on KMC I still need to meet up with. Hell, two of them live in my same town.

CadenceV2
I be a bit upset, as I love debating fiction work against fiction work. I was banned from Comicvine for a stupid avatar of Naruto I had made, and now I cannot debate there anymore. This is the second best debate site I seen after several years. So I be kinda lost. The world not so much.

NemeBro
I met my girlfriend on here, so that is pretty important to me. Besides that I also met a lot of very, very dear friends. And it has been the source of a lot of entertainment for me. I love you too.

Oneness
Nope, you're just a cover up, dude!

I'm the final product

SHit!

Sry bribay!

sad

Chris 1986
This probably doesn't apply to me, yet, but I feel that way about being on forums. confused

The Renegade

I can literally agree with all of that, especially the first, which is the most important to me.

Omega Vision
A lot of trolls would have to look elsewhere for the release KMC grants them.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
A lot of trolls would have to look elsewhere for the release KMC grants them.

With Herochat down, not really anywhere for them to hide under bridges.

Omega Vision
Herochat's gone?

Shee-et.

Epicurus
It's been down for a while now. Which is strange considering the guy who runs it is supposed to be a genius at coding or some sh1t.

Dramatic Gecko
A world where I got all my homework done became a world renowned scientist and cured cancer... but instead I had to tell people why gannon can kick voldermort's ass.

Yamcha
Originally posted by NemeBro
I'd probably just kill myself tbh This.

I can see it on the news now

"KMC forums get shutdown, causing mass suicides worldwide. More on this at 11."

Tzeentch
I would probably drive down the street and shoot random women through the open window of my car, cruising at a chill 3mph with raybands on and blasting Phil Collins from the blown speakers of my car's radio system.

Oneness
Nemebro is helly, helly is nemebro.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Herochat's gone?

Shee-et.

Yeah HeroChat was a cool message board.

Safado's actually bought the rights from Issue9mm & is currently trying to raise it from the ashes.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I would probably drive down the street and shoot random women through the open window of my car, cruising at a chill 3mph with raybands on and blasting Phil Collins from the blown speakers of my car's radio system.

What kind of gun would you use?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.