Captian America vs The Lizard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
who wins who dies?

Lestov16
Does Cap get his shield?

FrothByte
I'm pretty sure Spiderman is quite a ways above Cap in strength, speed and agility. Considering the Lizard gave him such a hard time I doubt Cap can win this.

KingD19
This isn't comics so Cap's shield doesn't make a lick of difference unfortunately. Lizard gets a quick snack.

Arachnid1
The Lizard would have killed Spidey if he wasn't saved or interrupted by circumstance on 2 separate occasions. He stomps Cap with ease.

wallman77
lizard

TheVaultDweller
Lizard stomps here.

Shabazz916
cap wins... shield for the off with your head

KingD19
Yeah no. Lizard is faster, stronger, more durable, has a healing factor, that tail will get Cap in tons of trouble and the Lizard will eat him.

Impediment
Lizard wins, easy.

Shabazz916
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah no. Lizard is faster, stronger, more durable, has a healing factor, that tail will get Cap in tons of trouble and the Lizard will eat him.

bullets gave him fits... that shield is ripping right thru him easy...

KingD19
He could more than likely catch it or just bat it out of the way once Cap throws it. If Cap actually tries to get up close and use it well we saw what happened to Spidey. Cap probably can't even land a hit. But beyond that, a single hit from Lizard will either cut him to shreds, or have him on his knees.

You're underestimating the guy who beat Spider-Man every time they fought.

marwash22
edit

yeah, what KingD said.

jinXed by JaNx
Does cap get any guns?

If cap gets his shield and Side arm then he should have no problem winning

steverules_2
He might actually still have a problem, an entire SWAT team unloaded on Lizard and he just healed and took them all out

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by steverules_2
He might actually still have a problem, an entire SWAT team unloaded on Lizard and he just healed and took them all out

Yea but that was just some random swat team. Caps bullets do an extra %50 damage.

steverules_2
Ah right okay then

relentless1
lol you cap fanboys crack me up, who CANT he beat in your deluded minds??

Arachnid1
Originally posted by relentless1
lol you cap fanboys crack me up, who CANT he beat in your deluded minds?? This. The hype has been endless since his last movie.

steverules_2
Originally posted by relentless1
lol you cap fanboys crack me up, who CANT he beat in your deluded minds??

I think cap loses so...yeah...

Psychotron
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yea but that was just some random swat team. Caps bullets do an extra %50 damage.

What kind of damage? Divine damage? Patriotic damage?

Anyway, Lizard tears him a new one.

HellRider
This would be a great fight. I'm leaning towards Captain America though. Here's why...

IIRC, The Lizard was a scientist who transformed into some sort of half-human/half-lizard who was pretty darn strong, fast, durable and w/ rapid healing.(e.g. plowing through cars in heavy traffic, tanking a hail of gunfire from a SWAT team, scaling buildings really fast, healing limbs etc) He also had great reflexes that matched Spider-Man. Most of the time The Lizard was doin' the butt kickin'. He also possesses high intellect/senses. (retaining his intelligence in Lizard form, sniffing out Gwen Stacy etc.) Quite a formidable foe. Although he showed almost zero fighting technique other than swiping, grappling and tail attacks. Really what any normal Joe would do if they were turned into a big lizard although not at all to take away from his other attributes.

For a human, Captain America has shown incredible feats of strength (i.g. holding a motorcycle w/ 3 women over his head, punching through the pressurized cockpit of a submarine, punching a punching bag so hard he sent it flying yards away, bending a metal railing with ease etc.) He's also shown great speed/agility (e.g. running at about 26 mph, almost catching up to a Hydra bomber about to take off, leaping very far distances, evading Chitauri energy weapons etc) Another notable attribute is his surprising durability (Surviving a plane crash in the arctic/suspended animation for 70 years, withstanding blows from Loki, walking away from smashing on top of a car, tanking a Chitauri energy blast, skydiving from a Quinjet w/o a parachute/pencil into the Indian Ocean, lifting a metal beam that weighed at least a ton after getting shot multiple times, eating punches from Winter Soldier's bionic arm, etc.) When armed with his indestructible shield, one of his greatest attributes is his fighting prowess/combat awareness.(e.g. winning WWII, reflecting Loki's staff blast, playing handball with a grenade, kicking the crap out of cyborg aliens, taking out a fighter jet with a shield, clearing a Hydra-carrier with a shield etc.) Last but not least, his most important attribute is his heroism. His fighting spirit to overcome odds and lead others to victory. (e.g. his flag stunt, jumping on a grenade, winning WWII, leading the Avengers, going on the run to reveal a global threat, willing to sacrifice himself to save millions of innocents, convincing a brain wasted Winter Soldier that he's his long, lost friend etc.) Although, in the Lizard's favor Cap's leadership does nothing in this fight since its a one-on-one.

Now I know I this reply is verbose but I had to make a clear argument in Captain America's favor. The Lizard has displayed astonishing feats no doubt. But Captain America is not gonna stand around and let a 'lizard man' tear him to shreds. Cap is not only physically capable to standing up to The Lizard but with his fighting abilities he'll eventually outfight and outwit the Lizard. It would be quite fight indeed. If Cap has his shield than the Lizard will die. He'll cut off limbs till there's nothing left. Without it, Cap will still win. Cap just needs to land his punching bag stunt and literally pulverize the Lizard's head.

Captain America wins.

The Lizard dies.

Estacado
Originally posted by HellRider
This would be a great fight. I'm leaning towards Captain America though. Here's why...

IIRC, The Lizard was a scientist who transformed into some sort of half-human/half-lizard who was pretty darn strong, fast, durable and w/ rapid healing.(e.g. plowing through cars in heavy traffic, tanking a hail of gunfire from a SWAT team, scaling buildings really fast, healing limbs etc) He also had great reflexes that matched Spider-Man. Most of the time The Lizard was doin' the butt kickin'. He also possesses high intellect/senses. (retaining his intelligence in Lizard form, sniffing out Gwen Stacy etc.) Quite a formidable foe. Although he showed almost zero fighting technique other than swiping, grappling and tail attacks. Really what any normal Joe would do if they were turned into a big lizard although not at all to take away from his other attributes.

For a human, Captain America has shown incredible feats of strength (i.g. holding a motorcycle w/ 3 women over his head, punching through the pressurized cockpit of a submarine, punching a punching bag so hard he sent it flying yards away, bending a metal railing with ease etc.) He's also shown great speed/agility (e.g. running at about 26 mph, almost catching up to a Hydra bomber about to take off, leaping very far distances, evading Chitauri energy weapons etc) Another notable attribute is his surprising durability (Surviving a plane crash in the arctic/suspended animation for 70 years, withstanding blows from Loki, walking away from smashing on top of a car, tanking a Chitauri energy blast, skydiving from a Quinjet w/o a parachute/pencil into the Indian Ocean, lifting a metal beam that weighed at least a ton after getting shot multiple times, eating punches from Winter Soldier's bionic arm, etc.) When armed with his indestructible shield, one of his greatest attributes is his fighting prowess/combat awareness.(e.g. winning WWII, reflecting Loki's staff blast, playing handball with a grenade, kicking the crap out of cyborg aliens, taking out a fighter jet with a shield, clearing a Hydra-carrier with a shield etc.) Last but not least, his most important attribute is his heroism. His fighting spirit to overcome odds and lead others to victory. (e.g. his flag stunt, jumping on a grenade, winning WWII, leading the Avengers, going on the run to reveal a global threat, willing to sacrifice himself to save millions of innocents, convincing a brain wasted Winter Soldier that he's his long, lost friend etc.) Although, in the Lizard's favor Cap's leadership does nothing in this fight since its a one-on-one.

Now I know I this reply is verbose but I had to make a clear argument in Captain America's favor. The Lizard has displayed astonishing feats no doubt. But Captain America is not gonna stand around and let a 'lizard man' tear him to shreds. Cap is not only physically capable to standing up to The Lizard but with his fighting abilities he'll eventually outfight and outwit the Lizard. It would be quite fight indeed. If Cap has his shield than the Lizard will die. He'll cut off limbs till there's nothing left. Without it, Cap will still win. Cap just needs to land his punching bag stunt and literally pulverize the Lizard's head.

Captain America wins.

The Lizard dies.
thumb up
Lizard rips him into pieces.

Psychotron
Originally posted by HellRider

Captain America wins.

The Lizard dies.

Lizard >Spider-man>>>CA

KingD19
Cap is awesome, but against the guy who rampaged all over Spidey? The same Spidey who dodges bullets, electricity and can stop a bus flat out? Yeah Cap is outmatched plain and simple.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by KingD19
Cap is awesome, but against the guy who rampaged all over Spidey? The same Spidey who dodges bullets, electricity and can stop a bus flat out? Yeah Cap is outmatched plain and simple.

Originally posted by Psychotron
Lizard >Spider-man>>>CA

These.

Cap doesn't even put up a good fight. This is an outright stomp.

carver9
A massacre

theTANTALIZER
Lizard is way too much unless CA fights real dirty like go on survival mode. If I was Cap. The first thing I would try to do and if I can ..is go for the Lizard's eyes anymeans neccesary.

Psychotron
Originally posted by theTANTALIZER
Lizard is way too much unless CA fights real dirty like go on survival mode. If I was Cap. The first thing I would try to do and if I can ..is go for the Lizard's eyes anymeans neccesary.

Getting that close to a monster that is much bigger, stronger, faster and has natural weapons is suicide. Especially since the Lizard's HF would repair his eyes quickly.

theTANTALIZER
Not too sure if the Lizard can regenerate those eyes? I read it somewhere that it can only regenerate its limbs and heal from wounds from the skin.

Psychotron
Not too sure if the Lizard can regenerate those eyes? I read it somewhere that it can only regenerate its limbs and heal from wounds from the skin.

Says who? His healing factor was much better than that of a real lizard.

theTANTALIZER
Cap fressbies his shield decapitate the Lizards head the Cap shoves a grenade in Lizards corpse and blows all his body parts into slab pieces. No regeneration from there.

Psychotron
Cap fressbies his shield decapitate the Lizards head the Cap shoves a grenade in Lizards corpse and blows all his body parts into slab pieces. No regeneration from there.

Yeah, right. There's no way Cap can decapitate someone faster than Spider-man with a shield throw. And where the hell does he get a grenade from?

Face it, Rogers gets slaughtered here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.