Shredder vs Silver Samurai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Shredder from TMNT

Vs

Silver Samurai

KingD19
Shredder. Samurai was bigger, but Logan was physically tussling with him and he's nowhere near the Turtles in anyway physically. Strength, Durability, Speed, Agility, Skill, Range. They've all got him beat and Shredder beat them like stepchildren. Even with his heated Adamantium, Shredder wrecks him. He probably takes his sword and uses it on him.

Time Immemorial
Even if he took his swords though he would have no way to heat them to hurt him. Aside from stealing his weapons how would he put SS down since throwing him off a cliff is not an option here.

KingD19
His armor isn't made of Adamantium. Only the swords are. And he can heat them. All you need is a double handed grip. Logan got the blade to activate just fine.

Also Harada's arrow pierced his helmet if only barely. Shredder's blades would do some damage.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KingD19
His armor isn't made of Adamantium. Only the swords are. And he can heat them. All you need is a double handed grip. Logan got the blade to activate just fine.

Also Harada's arrow pierced his helmet if only barely. Shredder's blades would do some damage.

Fair enough, thought it was a full body of adamentium. Yea shredder wins then if its not.

KingD19
Nope. Just the blades. And even if it was, as I pointed out Shredder can use the swords just as easily as Logan...probably with more ease as he's a martial arts master unlike how Logan is portrayed in the movies. So he'd just take the swords and run him through or something.

BruceSkywalker
Shredder who was the best thing about the new turtles film takes this

Robtard
The SS armor was made of adamantium

Time Immemorial
I can always count on Robsmile

KingD19
Was it actually stated anywhere? If it was cool. My point still stands that Shredder is shown to be stronger, faster, more agile, blah blah blah, and can take the swords and use them for his own.

Robtard
That was one of the film subplots, that Yashida almost bankrupted the company when he started stockpiling adamantium to later use into building his nigh-indestructible life-support suit.

Edit: It was stated, iirc. I also provided link to Marvel Movies wiki.

KingD19
I know he built the swords, but I don't remember the armor being Adamantium. Just that it was for life support. And I saw the link. I was just asking since wiki's can be easily edited.

Like so

Joan River's wiki page after her death.
http://i.imgur.com/Wt7cZvP.jpg

Time Immemorial
Wiki will edit that back and it's not permanent unless you have special access.

KingD19
I'm pretty sure they fixed it already. I was simply making a point. But as I said, I'll take Rob's word that the armor is legit, despite Harada's arrow piercing the helmet to the shaft.

Shredder is still physically superior and can get at least one sword away from him. Then it's over.

Time Immemorial
Yea I guess with the swords being self heating its an easy win.

Estacado
Shredder.
Logan easily opened up SS with his bare hands.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Wait how is Shredder stronger than the SS again?

steverules_2
Yeah Logan was tearing off the SS's armor with relative ease, maybe it was made of adamantium but it had it's weak spots

KingD19
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Wait how is Shredder stronger than the SS again?

Because Logan physically overpowered the SS Armor several times throughout the fight and resisted it's strength. He's nowhere near as strong as the Turtles, who in turn are portrayed to be less powerful than Shredder.

Time Immemorial
Was it ever told how Shredder got so strong? Or left up to imagination.

KingD19
It was just power armor. Sacks told him they were revamping the original Shredder armor and taking it to a whole new level so he could fight the turtles and not get dead.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So again... how are the turtles clearly stronger than Logan... which feats show this

KingD19
Seriously? Did you see the movie?

Raphael tossed around a freight ship cargo container. Those things are at least a ton or more empty.

He also brought down an entire corridor/wall with a shoulder charge.

Donnie while sliding down a mountain slung Raph hard enough with one rotation to flip him into a humvee and destroy the entire side he hit.

Raph also busted through a van like it was paper.

The four of them held up the entirety of the broadcast tower above Sacks tower. Then after falling several hundred feet from the top of the tower to the ground, they landed and caught the remains of the tower above their heads.

He also used his sai(as a child) to rapidly carve a wooden portrait of himself in the span of 3 or so seconds.

And when they were fighting the Foot clan goons, casual hits were sending them flying.

When they got the adrenaline boost from April, Donnie, Mikey, and Leo easily busted out of containment cells specifically designed to hold them.

You can't see this movie and not realize the Turtles outclass Logan in every way except healing and having metal claws.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So again... how are the turtles clearly stronger than Logan... which feats show this

laughing laughing laughing

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nope never saw the movie hence me asking

Robtard
There's so much wrongness in this thread:

-Arrow didn't pierce the adamantium suit, Asian-Legolas fired an arrow into the suits optical slit, which wouldn't be made of adamantium.

-Logan didn't 'easily tear apart the suit'. He cut the head off with the heated sword and then later ripped off the breast plate as one piece which logically was structurally compromised when he cut the head off.

As it stands, Shredder has no way of damaging the suit with the weapons he has and the SS only needs one good hit to kill the Shredder with his heated adamantium blades. Logical winner is the Silver Samurai

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
There's so much wrongness in this thread:

-Arrow didn't pierce the adamantium suit, Asian-Legolas fired an arrow into the suits optical slit, which wouldn't be made of adamantium.

-Logan didn't 'easily tear apart the suit'. He cut the head off with the heated sword and then later ripped off the breast plate as one piece which logically was structurally compromised when he cut the head off.

As it stands, Shredder has no way of damaging the suit with the weapons he has and the SS only needs one good hit to kill the Shredder with his heated adamantium blades. Logical winner is the Silver Samurai

Great points, I think people were just making things up to suit their needs for their debate.

KingD19
It actually seemed to hit a bit south of the slit. You can see when they zoom in.

And while Shredder can't put any lasting damage, he can knock Samurai around with ease considering how Wolverine was tussling with him. Also he's much faster and more skilled. He can dodge around until he takes SS' sword, then kill him with it. That's more logical imo.

Robtard
It was into the optical slit.

Shredder can't do any damage whatsoever to the adamantium and while he can use his smaller size, speed and and skills to knock around the SS, he's still only one hit away from death. Any block he attempts, he loses weapons and possibly an arm. Banking on Shredder taking away a sword, then knowing how activate it before the SS gets some hits in is a poor bet.

KingD19
Shredder is a martial arts master and highly strategic. Logan figured out how to use that sword in like 5 seconds. To say he won't figure it out is kinda meh.

Robtard
Shredder is a martial arts master and highly strategic. Logan figured out how to use that sword in like 5 seconds. To say he won't figure it out is kinda meh.

Logan figuring it out was part of the plot, remembering what he was told back in the 40's and using it against his opponent. Could the Shredder figure it out? Sure. Not a guarantee and it's not a guarantee he'd be able to get a sword away, activate it and use it before he's killed by a single blow.

Time Immemorial

Yes with PIS he figured it out. Without it, I doubt it. And he had previous knowledge on this tactic. And how would Shredder be familiar with adamentium like Logan was?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.