Real World Superheroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prof. T.C McAbe
This is a special vs thread. The following heroes are stucked in our World, they are limited to bodies from our world, knowledge of out world and real world physics. If one of them get's shot, he probably dies, if one jumps from the 3rd or 4th floor he most likely will break his leg or neck. However, they have still their personalities, they still have their morals. This thread is about the character of the following heroes. What will they do, what would they accomplish, how would they act and how would they try to make an impact on our world? Would they speak out, would they try to make their suits and act as superheroes in the time of internet and cameras on every corner? Would they give up and just work, earn money and raise a family? What do you think, are they able to make this world a better or worse place or would they become like the rest.

They have all the memories from their world, all the things they went through, but they are aware that things like they know them are not possible in this world, they will get gifts that seem to be possible, though very hard, to get in 36 years in our world. If you think that some are too much or too unrealistic, drop them.

Batman 36 years old
Gifts: Master degree in Chemistry, Bachelor degree in economics, Knowledge of a professional forensic psychologists and pathologists, Body of a well trained MMA athlet, MMA skills equal to the top 10 of our time, (or Bruce Lee, Gene LeBell and Ōyama Masutatsu), very good parkour runner, above average looks and charisma, personal wealth of 25 Million dollars, a Villa near New York, speaks japanese, chinese and english.

Captain America 36 years old
Gifts: Bachelor degree in history, US Navy seal Captain Rank, Body, knowledge and experience, also h2h skills, equal to the top 10 of the seals, personal wealth of 200k dollars, appartment in Brooklyn, speaks english and german, modern ballistic shield in the shape of his original one, slightly above avergae looks and above average charisma.

Superman 36 years old
Gifts: Master degree in journalism, Bachelor degree in philosophy, psychology and theoretical physics, works as a reporter for the NY Times, Body of a well trained heavyweight boxer and equal skills (Muhammad Ali in his prime), above average looks and charisma, appartment in Manhattan, personal wealth of 500k dollars, speaks english, spanish, japanese, chinese and french.

Thor
Gifts: Master degree in Nordic Mythology, Doctor of medicine, works in a hospital in NY, Body of a well trained heavyweight boxer and equal skills (Mike Tyson in his prime), above average looks and charisma, appartment in Manhattan, personal wealth of 500k dollars, has a real world medieval Warhammer, speaks english, norwegian and scandinavian.

One_Angry_Scot
I'll go with Thor first.

he'd obviously be outgoing given how boisterous he is. But not the one to pick on people. He will be welcoming to people no matter what race or creed He obviously be a bit more grounded. Like he will probably go to do crazy things like jumping from a large height and then think s**t I'll break my neck if I do this. He'll be a regular gym goer (if that's phrased correctly). With his medicinal expertise I imagine he will be well kept with hygiene probably hate uncleanliness. With his degree in Nordic Mythology he may be drawn to certain areas of music, bands like Tyr and Wardruna might become a popular one of his. I don't think he would come out exactly as Thor but I think he would definitely perform citizens arrests and stop people being bullied on the streets and stuff. Probably will also help out the homeless given how his honor is a part of his character. Given that he can't go on escapades I think he may settle down and have a family. Given that in Asgardian culture the male is very imposing and headstrong he probably wants to have a boy and raise him like a warrior. Given his memories of past battles he might be involved in Nordic recreational battles. He would save his personal wealth for his family making sure that it's only spent when it's absolutely needed as family comes above all.

I will do more later, quite hard thinking up all of the stories.

Sorry if this is a bit crap, never been that good at story writing in general.

Branlor Swift
I couldn't get past Thor and Superman having the skills of Tyson and Ali...

Mindship
Bruce Wayne would be in best position to do something, given his wealth and that Batman did not have superpowers. He might be most tempted to recreate his former life, but I doubt he'd don a batsuit, given the bodily punishment that lifestyle delivers (and mid-30s is already past physical prime). He might choose to work behind the scenes, getting involved with law enforcement and the criminal justice system.

Steve Rogers is gonna want to go after ISIS. They're gonna remind him of Nazis, and Steve does not like Nazis.

Clark and Thor I see generally assuming 'ordinary lives', though either would always be ready to help a friend, a neighbor, even to jump in and physically protect a stranger. I don't see either of them going vigilante, though Clark would do what he could via his writing, and Dr. Blake would always be able to offer medical help.

I think all of them would want to be involved, in one way or another, with making the world a better place. But I think they would also acknowledge the real-life limitations on 'superheroness' our universe imposes.

riv6672
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I couldnt either.

But props to the Prof. This is pretty cool AND a lot of work on his part.

One_Angry_Scot
Cap I think is a difficult one to write but I will have a go at it.

As he is most likely a war veteran in this world (and the previous) I think he will be very reserved, not like staying in his home kind of reserved but he will have seen so much trauma in his life that he will want only peace for the world. So will perhaps lead quite a solitary life. he would be one like Thor to assist a person in need but I think as Thor was in a warrior culture he would be perhaps get lost in battle. Whereas Cap would try to end it without much hurt. Given his history degree and his war experience he will probably be interested in visiting a lot of the relics from WW1 and 2. Which will probably lead him to speak German as he will often be visiting from time to time.

Probably would hang his shield in his living room as a big ornament. Not wanting to possibly ruin it. With his personal wealth I don't think he would spend it lavishly. He would probably leave it in a bank and probably use it only if his TV broke down and things like that. He would be not frugal but wouldn't go crazy. I think he probably may start a family, but he wouldn't want a hectic lifestyle probably would have just 1 child. He would be a moral and outstanding person. Very anti surveillance (NSA) and other things. Wanting a free America.

Again apologies if this is bad.

Prof. T.C McAbe
^No it is good. We all have a view on the personalities of our heroes and how they are. Maybe we can identify with them and see traits we cherish or try to achieve. I am curious to see what ideas people have that would make it possible to change this World into a better place, things that are possible for real people with the right mindset.
I like you CA example. What would be his stance about the current wars, Gaza, Irak and Afghanistan?

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I'll go with Thor first.

he'd obviously be outgoing given how boisterous he is. But not the one to pick on people. He will be welcoming to people no matter what race or creed He obviously be a bit more grounded. Like he will probably go to do crazy things like jumping from a large height and then think s**t I'll break my neck if I do this. He'll be a regular gym goer (if that's phrased correctly). With his medicinal expertise I imagine he will be well kept with hygiene probably hate uncleanliness. With his degree in Nordic Mythology he may be drawn to certain areas of music, bands like Tyr and Wardruna might become a popular one of his. I don't think he would come out exactly as Thor but I think he would definitely perform citizens arrests and stop people being bullied on the streets and stuff. Probably will also help out the homeless given how his honor is a part of his character. Given that he can't go on escapades I think he may settle down and have a family. Given that in Asgardian culture the male is very imposing and headstrong he probably wants to have a boy and raise him like a warrior. Given his memories of past battles he might be involved in Nordic recreational battles. He would save his personal wealth for his family making sure that it's only spent when it's absolutely needed as family comes above all.

I will do more later, quite hard thinking up all of the stories.

Sorry if this is a bit crap, never been that good at story writing in general.

Thanks thumb up

It isn't crap, I like it. Especially the part of civil courage and how he would help the poor people, maybe he would work in a public hospital for free too. Also, that he wouldn't risk his life as a vigilante, few would do it. ^^

Originally posted by Branlor Swift

It was a gift and as said, if you deem it too much, drop it, make it less, like a good amateur boxer. ^^

Originally posted by riv6672
I couldnt either.

But props to the Prof. This is pretty cool AND a lot of work on his part. Originally posted by Mindship
Bruce Wayne would be in best position to do something, given his wealth and that Batman did not have superpowers. He might be most tempted to recreate his former life, but I doubt he'd don a batsuit, given the bodily punishment that lifestyle delivers (and mid-30s is already past physical prime). He might choose to work behind the scenes, getting involved with law enforcement and the criminal justice system.

Steve Rogers is gonna want to go after ISIS. They're gonna remind him of Nazis, and Steve does not like Nazis.

Clark and Thor I see generally assuming 'ordinary lives', though either would always be ready to help a friend, a neighbor, even to jump in and physically protect a stranger. I don't see either of them going vigilante, though Clark would do what he could via his writing, and Dr. Blake would always be able to offer medical help.

I think all of them would want to be involved, in one way or another, with making the world a better place. But I think they would also acknowledge the real-life limitations on 'superheroness' our universe imposes.
Batman could really have an impact if he can resist his urge to try and fight crime on his own. Fighting organized crime on his own would be imo almost impossible.

I have to find out what ISIS is, oh the islamic state? Didn't know this short term. Do you think he would try to advance in his military career in order to have a better impact on the decisions made? Or become a politician, if yes, democrat or republican?

Hm, Clark and Blake would have a local impact then. I can see this. Helping the people in their neighborhood, maybe even being more aware about their lifestyle, what they consume, where it is from etc.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
^No it is good. We all have a view on the personalities of our heroes and how they are. Maybe we can identify with them and see traits we cherish or try to achieve. I am curious to see what ideas people have that would make it possible to change this World into a better place, things that are possible for real people with the right mindset.
I like you CA example. What would be his stance about the current wars, Gaza, Irak and Afghanistan?

Thanks thumb up

It isn't crap, I like it. Especially the part of civil courage and how he would help the poor people, maybe he would work in a public hospital for free too. Also, that he wouldn't risk his life as a vigilante, few would do it. ^^

It was a gift and as said, if you deem it too much, drop it, make it less, like a good amateur boxer. ^^

Batman could really have an impact if he can resist his urge to try and fight crime on his own. Fighting organized crime on his own would be imo almost impossible.

I have to find out what ISIS is, oh the islamic state? Didn't know this short term. Do you think he would try to advance in his military career in order to have a better impact on the decisions made? Or become a politician, if yes, democrat or republican?

Hm, Clark and Blake would have a local impact then. I can see this. Helping the people in their neighborhood, maybe even being more aware about their lifestyle, what they consume, where it is from etc.

I think with Iraq he would be very against it, given with what is known now I think he would feel hurt that this so called "bastion of freedom" of a country used untrue motives to invade a country. He would be very anti Iraq I believe.

The Gaza one is quite difficult. Given that a lot of Americans (I don't mean this to generalise) but are generally spoonfed Israeli propaganda (through the media and things like AIPAC) so a lot would give up their men women and children's lives for some random country in another part of the world that they share no heritage with.

So I guess I would say given that he is what you could call a relic of the old world America he would be inquisitive of Israel's motives but he wouldn't be opposed to what they do. I think he would be equal in dislike for Hamas and Israel for the atrocities both sides have caused.

The war in Afghanistan again would be one I think he might be okay with in a sense but allow me to explain.

Before I start this next part I will first discuss the Soviet invasion as it helps me to explain it better.

America and the USSR were and always had like a huge propaganda show against each other. Almost like whoever could convince their people their country was better than the other would get more points. So I think in his view what with America being the best nation on Earth he will think Afghanistan already needed fixing.

So back to the current or kind of current war in Afghanistan. I think in the beginning he will be all for it. Saving a broken nation and rebuilding it to former glory is a great ambition. I think as the war progressed and he saw that every country from the USA to Norway to Spain were losing soldiers and civilian deaths were increasing he would slowly become disenfranchised with the whole thing. Eventually becoming as hateful to the war as he was for Iraq.

maxivitopowe
I think Thor would become a combat medic

Mindship
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I have to find out what ISIS is, oh the islamic state? Didn't know this short term. Do you think he would try to advance in his military career in order to have a better impact on the decisions made? Or become a politician, if yes, democrat or republican?As long as Rogers can physically fight/lead, he will. At some point I could see promotions (maybe to colonel); his rise through the ranks might even spark his idea for running for office. Hell. 'President Rogers'. Has a ring to it. Would be good for the Independents.

DarkSaint85
I think your face would be.

Km quite drunk.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Mindship
As long as Rogers can physically fight/lead, he will. At some point I could see promotions (maybe to colonel); his rise through the ranks might even spark his idea for running for office. Hell. 'President Rogers'. Has a ring to it. Would be good for the Independents.

Hm, do you think a honest and good person as Steve has a real chance to get so much power. I think it would be impossible to corrupt him and imo you have no real chance to rise as high if you don't sell yourself.

Yamcha
I thought this was gonna be a VS thread involving the people off of that "Stan Lee's Superhumans" show >.>

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Yamcha
I thought this was gonna be a VS thread involving the people off of that "Stan Lee's Superhumans" show >.>

Never watched it, never will stick out tongue .

Iskandar
I could see Clark buying a farm after he gets old and retires from journalism. As for journalism I suspect he will be like a polite Hunter S. Thompson and call out people on their values or rather lack thereof. Probably uncover a lot of nasty secrets people have been hiding, and revealing them to the world. As that's the best way he can help without powers.

Bruce Wayne is definitely going to take a more active stance in fighting crime because of his personality. The mission is his life. He can not, not be Batman. It will be harder with what reality would impose on him. He won't be as fast or as strong as he was before, and he can't hope to survive getting hit by rocket launchers like he would in the comics. He will certainly still be more skilled than normal people can hope to be.

Captain America might go into politics. Now that there's no supervillains he might become some sorta activist in political circles. More rights for the people. I can't see Steve trying to become the president or something. He is too humble to have an ambitious goal like that. He just wants to do right by what he was taught was right. More American than normal Americans will ever be. Whether he manages much or not I don't know. Depending on how things go Steve might join the military if only to try and change it from the inside out. As things are Steve probably would think they have been acting like a bunch of fools.

Thor is going to be the extrovert. Probably go around the world righting wrongs where he can. Might actually become a boxer to earn money and fame. As fighting suits him well. While the fame would appease his ego. It would be really awesome if he became a professional wrestler and I wouldn't put it past him. Wrestlers are boisterous enough that he would fit right in with them. There's the Dr. Blake side of his personality to consider though. I wonder if he would join the Red Cross or something at some point. They go around the world which would fit his adventurous side, and he could help people at the same time.

krisblaze
Thor speaks Norwegian AND Scandinavian? eek!

Clark would already have a doctorate in journalism, if not then he would've been awarded an honourary one for his outstanding work in the field.

Also, there should probably be mentioned that Captain America's supposed to be some strategic genius?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.