Godzilla vs Sinestro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CadenceV2
Love the picture. So battle.

Godzilla from all comics and movies vs Sinestro of Pre and New 52. No BFR.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/095/a/0/godzilla_sinestro_corp_by_ragelion-d3db6zh.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/1/16263/381545-122645-sinestro-corps-war.JPG

leonidas
lol not godzilla.....

Badabing
Sinestro tamed and absorbed the Parallax entity. Even I say Godzilla has no chance.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by Badabing
Sinestro tamed and absorbed the Parallax entity. Even I say Godzilla has no chance.

Betraying your own kind

Badabing
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Betraying your own kind sad

emo

over

DarkSaint85
*Cue sad Hulk music*

Stoic
Wasn't Godzilla able to tank a full Mjolnir hit without being even slightly fazed by it? That's Tyrant type durability. He was also taking on Mazinger, Grendizer, and another robo that I forgot.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Stoic
Wasn't Godzilla able to tank a full Mjolnir hit without being even slightly fazed by it? That's Tyrant type durability. He was also taking on Mazinger, Grendizer, and another robo that I forgot.

Yes he tanked a thrown Hammer by Thor with a roar and then Matched Thor strength for Strength in a shoving match. He also nearly crushed Herc without trying, just by walking around.

Insane Titan
Didn't Godzilla tank a black hole one time

Bentley
He survived it, we don't know if he tanked it.

Anyways, pretty much every version of Godzilla has been harmed by less powerful beings than Sinestro, so I'd say he should go down eventually.

Sinestro surely would want to recruit Godzilla for his corps, as his ability to cause fear is great. Epic crossover!

Stoic
Originally posted by Bentley

Anyways, pretty much every version of Godzilla has been harmed by less powerful beings than Sinestro, so I'd say he should go down eventually.

Sinestro surely would want to recruit Godzilla for his corps, as his ability to cause fear is great. Epic crossover!

How about Sinestro's ability to be harmed? Why place emphasis solely on Godzilla, when all characters are able to be wounded? Doesn't Godzilla also have a decent healing factor?

CadenceV2
How about Sinestro's ability to be harmed? Why place emphasis solely on Godzilla, when all characters are able to be wounded? Doesn't Godzilla also have a decent healing factor?

Godzilla healing feats are as followed. Can regrow his body as Orga showed thanks to Regenerator 1 cells. (Godzilla 2000)

Heal holes in body in seconds. (Godzilla vs Biolantte)

Heals all damage and wounds with EMP (Terror of MechaGodzilla)

Heals all molecular attacks from Destroyah while having a meltdown. (Godzilla vs Destroyah)

G Cells heal and regrow a new Godzilla in a black hole while bombarded with exploding stars. (Godzilla vs Space Godzilla)

Some of the better healing feats.

Epicurus
Sinestro wins.

Galan007

Sinestro surely would want to recruit Godzilla for his corps, as his ability to cause fear is great. Epic crossover! "Godzilla of Earth. You have the ability to instill great fear. Welcome to the Sinestro Corps."

http://www.spwned.net/pics/godzilla4.gif

riv6672
Based on the Godzilla/Hulk thread and the info provided by CadenceV2 in it, i'd say Godzilla wins this.

Bentley

Sinestro's shield are at least able to tank a planetary explosion, and no regular attack of Godzilla is on that level. Sinestro also has the versatility to dispose of Goji easily, he could just bfr by throwing him into space for example. If this was a blast-by-blast slug fast maybe Goji could take it because of healing and stamina, but barring that this is not much of a matchup to be honest.

riv6672
Well the OP says no BFR so over half your post is invalid right there.
Marvel Godzilla's considered the weakest of the comics versions, and he tanked a hit from Mjolnir, one of the most powerful weapons in comics. This us an amalgam of that Godzilla and the more powerful ones.

Sinestro loses.

leonidas
some of what cadence mentioned is.....loosely interpreted. i've seen similar lists and claims made on many websites. over the course of my bz against digi i checked out each one..... even the thor shot was....a little suspect. he basically just flew into godzilla's nose. lol and the text says godzilla "felt pain like he'd never known...."

sinestro wins this. ring shields have EFFORTLESSLY withstood FAR greater amounts of damage than godzilla can output. and that's just ONE advantage. sinestro has far too many options here, for godzilla to have any realistic chance to win this, and i LOVE godzilla.

Estacado
Sinestro.
Godzilla 2014 could have been a great movie too bad it was ass outside of the fight scenes.sad

CadenceV2
I agree it's kinda vague what I said smile I have scans in the Hulk vs Composite GZ thread of the better feats.

Heisei GZ is somewhat a planet buster in his total power.

Legendary has feats shrugging of 14 megaton Nuke as well the life ending meteor at ground zero with no damage.

Final wars GZ also tanked the force of a city busting meteor too.

Then you have the nuke fire breath which burns as hot as the surface of the sun by radiation heat. Same Radiation breath in the Red Spiral Beam can one shot Space Godzilla who has stated to withstand a blackhole with exploding stars. Yet the Red Spiral Ray one shots Space GZ pretty much.

So composite GZ has merits.

riv6672
Originally posted by leonidas
some of what cadence mentioned is.....loosely interpreted. i've seen similar lists and claims made on many websites. over the course of my bz against digi i checked out each one..... even the thor shot was....a little suspect. he basically just flew into godzilla's nose. lol and the text says godzilla "felt pain like he'd never known...."

sinestro wins this. ring shields have EFFORTLESSLY withstood FAR greater amounts of damage than godzilla can output. and that's just ONE advantage. sinestro has far too many options here, for godzilla to have any realistic chance to win this, and i LOVE godzilla.
I love Sinestro, but Godzilla ss portrayed in Dark Horse and other comics is a force of nature. BFR is Sinestro's best option and its off the table.
Like i mentioned, his Marvel version is the weakest. And the "pain like he'd never known" line obviously meant Gidzilla'd never been hit in the nose before! wink
That version had never yhrown a punch, euther, he learned during the series.

leonidas
Originally posted by CadenceV2
I agree it's kinda vague what I said smile I have scans in the Hulk vs Composite GZ thread of the better feats.

Heisei GZ is somewhat a planet buster in his total power.

Legendary has feats shrugging of 14 megaton Nuke as well the life ending meteor at ground zero with no damage.

Final wars GZ also tanked the force of a city busting meteor too.

Then you have the nuke fire breath which burns as hot as the surface of the sun by radiation heat. Same Radiation breath in the Red Spiral Beam can one shot Space Godzilla who has stated to withstand a blackhole with exploding stars. Yet the Red Spiral Ray one shots Space GZ pretty much.

So composite GZ has merits.

well, were i debating against godzilla, i'd have a few issues with some of the above as well, but godzilla IS a powerhouse, no doubt about it so i'll just end by saying that some of the interpretations of events can be.....looked at in other ways. smile

when we're talking about sinestro or any of the highest gl's, we're talking about people in the surfer's league. there just isn't any support at all to suggest godzilla could handle someone of that level with that level of versatility. with one quick scan sinestro could learn what make godzilla tick down to the molecular level. way too many options, not to mention speed and shielding. sinestro would take this 10/10 imo with varying degrees of difficulty.

CadenceV2
well, were i debating against godzilla, i'd have a few issues with some of the above as well, but godzilla IS a powerhouse, no doubt about it so i'll just end by saying that some of the interpretations of events can be.....looked at in other ways. smile

when we're talking about sinestro or any of the highest gl's, we're talking about people in the surfer's league. there just isn't any support at all to suggest godzilla could handle someone of that level with that level of versatility. with one quick scan sinestro could learn what make godzilla tick down to the molecular level. way too many options, not to mention speed and shielding. sinestro would take this 10/10 imo with varying degrees of difficulty.

I always wonder why GL job to Kryptonians or anything lower myself. I was also always disgusted with injustice DC universe GL or Sinestro.

riv6672
Same.
If they can scan and break down characters to a molecular level that tactic needs to be used more often. Unless its argued that knowing what makes Godzilla (or Superman) tick isnt going to be all that useful...

tkitna
Godzilla wins

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130912230409/godzilla/images/7/7c/Haters_gonna_hate_Godzilla.gif

LGU
I think Marvel's Godzilla was portrayed as somewhat above the conventional top tier. Or, at the least, way more durable. He apparently wasn't physically stronger than Thor, but he was a Thor + Avengers + Fantastic Four level threat factoring in his size and toughness. Even reduced to sub-T-Rex size (and the corresponding attribute decrease), Godzilla was apparently an equal-ish fight to the Thing, so at full size he was pretty strong. Thor actually had a little crisis of confidence over his ability to win when he saw Godzilla up close and personal and even compared him to the Midgard Serpent at one point.

The IDW Godzilla is a complete monster, almost unstoppable. He literally no-sells high-megaton nuclear missiles blowing up in his face, shrugs off being dropped from orbit etc. He's strong enough to resist the pull of a weaponised black hole, and subsequently survived being rugby tackled into the middle of the black hole. His EP is at least nuclear level, and has one-shot destroyed Washington DC, the backlash of beam wars with other monsters destroyed Manhattan and, in another instance, destroyed mountains and apparently "altered the world forever."

It's pretty hard to visualise a fight between Godzilla and Sinestro for obvious reasons and it's a pretty difficult battle to call as a result. Godzilla's comic portrayal is often (not always) arguably more Kurse or Mangog than Mongul or Ulik or whoever, at least in terms of his toughness to seriously damage. I think the fact that a weaker comic version of Godzilla was portrayed as almost impossible to put down for the combined Avengers and FF suggests that Sinestro would likewise be portrayed as struggling to make a meaningful impact on him. At least in terms of raw firepower and conventional attacks, some of the more plot device-y ring powers might work better.

Honestly, who knows? They are two very different characters from two very different genres, making cross-universe comparisons even more difficult than usual.

Cheers.

CadenceV2
^ nice breakdown. I really need to read IDW GZ.

leonidas
Originally posted by LGU
I think Marvel's Godzilla was portrayed as somewhat above the conventional top tier. Or, at the least, way more durable. He apparently wasn't physically stronger than Thor, but he was a Thor + Avengers + Fantastic Four level threat factoring in his size and toughness. Even reduced to sub-T-Rex size (and the corresponding attribute decrease), Godzilla was apparently an equal-ish fight to the Thing, so at full size he was pretty strong. Thor actually had a little crisis of confidence over his ability to win when he saw Godzilla up close and personal and even compared him to the Midgard Serpent at one point.

The IDW Godzilla is a complete monster, almost unstoppable. He literally no-sells high-megaton nuclear missiles blowing up in his face, shrugs off being dropped from orbit etc. He's strong enough to resist the pull of a weaponised black hole, and subsequently survived being rugby tackled into the middle of the black hole. His EP is at least nuclear level, and has one-shot destroyed Washington DC, the backlash of beam wars with other monsters destroyed Manhattan and, in another instance, destroyed mountains and apparently "altered the world forever."

It's pretty hard to visualise a fight between Godzilla and Sinestro for obvious reasons and it's a pretty difficult battle to call as a result. Godzilla's comic portrayal is often (not always) arguably more Kurse or Mangog than Mongul or Ulik or whoever, at least in terms of his toughness to seriously damage. I think the fact that a weaker comic version of Godzilla was portrayed as almost impossible to put down for the combined Avengers and FF suggests that Sinestro would likewise be portrayed as struggling to make a meaningful impact on him. At least in terms of raw firepower and conventional attacks, some of the more plot device-y ring powers might work better.

Honestly, who knows? They are two very different characters from two very different genres, making cross-universe comparisons even more difficult than usual.

Cheers.

that initial battle against the avengers and ff was only a part of the story though. later godzilla was mutated and defeated by ironman, so marvel's opinion on godzilla, and his level, certainly changed over time. even in that original series he was easily beaten by being shrunk. and tp would certainly destroy him. he's a tank, no doubt, but city busting attacks (at the outside) won't cut it against high heralds with crazy versatility. there is also a bit of the inverse ninja effect to consider whenever a group of heroes get together.

anyway, everything i've seen and read of him would tell me he doesn't have much chance here at all.

Galan007
yeah, sinestro wins. hell, the most powerful attack i've seen from goozeera wouldn't even come close to breaching sinestro's auto-shields.

additionally, i'd put sinestro's will/fear-powered constructs/blasts above big g's hide. just MO. smile

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Galan007
yeah, sinestro wins. hell, the most powerful attack i've seen from goozeera wouldn't even come close to breaching sinestro's auto-shields.

additionally, i'd put sinestro's will/fear-powered constructs/blasts above big g's hide. just MO. smile

I just am not convince Sinestro can easy harm GZ for many reasons.

GZ has tanked explosive damage that by art is continent level. (Godzilla Awakening)

GZ has withstood blackholes several times. (GZ in IDW comics, Godzilla vs Space godzilla)

GZ has withstood attacks on the molecule or cell level and regen faster than it could harm him. (Godzilla vs Biolantte, Godzilla vs Destroyah)

GZ has easy shrugged of multiple hits of his own heat beam return back at him at a factor of 10,000 times as stated. Nuclear heat return at. 10,000 times. Wow . (Godzilla vs Biolantte)

So why does Sinestro easy solo a being with this tanking feats?

Galan007
...because godzilla has lower-end feats to go along with his higher-end feats.

heck, he was very recently skewered to shit by a few mechas. sinestro's constructs/blasts>mecha-lances.

God Cloth Seiya
Sinestro for majority.

CadenceV2

heck, he was very recently skewered to shit by a few mechas. sinestro's constructs/blasts>mecha-lances.

Honestly by that logic Green Arrow can harm Sinestro with arrows as per the canon of Injustice League versions.

While Godzilla can be pierced by super sci fi, or monsters attacks, he is immune to real world weapons. He has more high end showings than low ones anyway too through out the movies.

Add in Wolverine level healing factor there is nothing to brush off here as easy for Sinestro. Just IMO.

I know Sinestro has lower showings a lot too.

Khazra Reborn
Doesn't current Sinestro have mastery over Parallax? I haven't been picking up his ongoing, but if he does he'd tear Godzilla to ribbons.

Bentley

Mechagodzillas and MegaKing Ghidorah are alien tech though, no telling in how strong they are when compared with conventional machines.

Bentley
Originally posted by riv6672
Well the OP says no BFR so over half your post is invalid right there.
Marvel Godzilla's considered the weakest of the comics versions, and he tanked a hit from Mjolnir, one of the most powerful weapons in comics. This us an amalgam of that Godzilla and the more powerful ones.

Sinestro loses.

Dude, he didn't "tank" Mjolnire and Marvel Goji isn't necessarily the weakest incarnation of Goji. I've seen Godzillas pierced by conventional weapons and blow out to pieces by their own atomic breath, I know there are several Gojis that Sinestro will humilliate.

Even those who have boss regeneration have been pierced before and need a fonctioning brain to move. Sinestro can pierce a construct through Gojis eyeballs and keep it in his skull enough for it to count as a win by incapacitation.

No Godzilla can beat Sinestro, the most powerful incarnations can at least give him some trouble.

abhilegend
Sinestro tanked Volthoom destroying Korugar and he wasn't even KOED. And destroyed Volthoom's force field which the entire Rainbow Corps couldn't. He would spite stomp Godzilla.

abhilegend
http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19965107_2204777.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19965108_1568230.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19965109_9838685.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19965110_591291.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19965111_7466431.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19965112_2484366.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19965113_7914491.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19965114_5255626.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19965115_7296144.jpg

Not even a force-field, it was just his normal auto-shield and he didn't had even a scratch on him.

nuts

krisblaze
All in all Godzilla's outmatched here.

Sinestro's just too powerful, imo.

Regardless of strategy it would always end with Sinestro eventually taking the win.

tkitna
Looking at those scans, its hard for me to understand how somebody perceives he wasn't KO'd or scratched. He's laying motionless in the one panel. The next has him maybe starting to move. Also his costume looks like swiss cheese. I'm sure he had a scratch or two on him.

Regardless, it doesn't mean anything to me. I think we all realize Sinestro beats the lizard.

abhilegend
Originally posted by tkitna
Looking at those scans, its hard for me to understand how somebody perceives he wasn't KO'd or scratched. He's laying motionless in the one panel. The next has him maybe starting to move. Also his costume looks like swiss cheese. I'm sure he had a scratch or two on him.

Regardless, it doesn't mean anything to me. I think we all realize Sinestro beats the lizard.
He was crying the whole time because his planet was destroyed.

And I didn't mean "not a scratch" literally. Duh.

tkitna
Your right. I guess he was just in the fetus position. My fault for not reading the caption box. I thought it was continuation of Hal.

abhilegend
Originally posted by tkitna
Your right. I guess he was just in the fetus position. My fault for not reading the caption box. I thought it was continuation of Hal.
thumb up

riv6672
Godzilla, like Chuck Norris, doesnt cry.

Seriously though, high and low end showings aside, i see nothing here to change MY mind. I actually saw a few facts to reenforce my opinion on a Godzilla win.

Bentley
Godzilla, like Chuck Norris, doesnt cry.

Seriously though, high and low end showings aside, i see nothing here to change MY mind. I actually saw a few facts to reenforce my opinion on a Godzilla win.

Sinestro tanked a planetary destruction and you still say Godzilla wins? Why? How?

riv6672
Godzilla's not a planetary destruction.

I'm not going to be more long winded than that, because you arent going to change your opinion, and i dont really mind that.

Bentley
Godzilla's not a planetary destruction.

I'm not going to be more long winded than that, because you arent going to change your opinion, and i dont really mind that.

I could change my opinion if you brought any compelling argument to it. These debates aren't so you can come and say "I think this and nothing will change my mind" you know? I happen to be a Godzilla fan and if Goji can actually win this I'd like to know it.

Maybe you will change your mind if I brought more info about Sinestro? What about that?

riv6672
Actually MOST of these debates are "i think this and nothing will change my mind". Which is okay.

The evidence is already in this thread, and the Godzilla/Hulk thread, enough to suit me, anyway. my You dont have to provide anything on my account, though.

Bentley
Actually MOST of these debates are "i think this and nothing will change my mind". Which is okay.

The evidence is already in this thread, and the Godzilla/Hulk thread, enough to suit me, anyway. my You dont have to provide anything on my account, though.

Anyways, I'm ok with you not wanting to discuss or anything, you can do what you want with your spare time.

People should come and explain their positions to add and make it a worthy discussion, since that's not happening no point in dwelling on it further thumb up

leonidas
thumb up

again, many of the stated feats are being misinterpreted. his healing in particular is really being misrepresented--especially given sinestro's power set. it would be simple for sinestro to scan godzilla and destroy his second brain. that would easily take zilla out. gl's can fly through STARS. it would also be simple to redirect his breath weapon via constructs in most cases.

logically and by feats, there really is no way godzilla wins this match.

riv6672
Anyways, I'm ok with you not wanting to discuss or anything, you can do what you want with your spare time.

People should come and explain their positions to add and make it a worthy discussion, since that's not happening no point in dwelling on it further thumb up
Well, there's nothing i, personally, can add to this thread other than to point out the obvious, like, Godzilla is not an explosion, or a star; he's going to be fighting back.
Thats not likely to change your mind, so why waste time and fill up the thread with back and forth between us?

God Cloth Seiya
thumb up

again, many of the stated feats are being misinterpreted. his healing in particular is really being misrepresented--especially given sinestro's power set. it would be simple for sinestro to scan godzilla and destroy his second brain. that would easily take zilla out. gl's can fly through STARS. it would also be simple to redirect his breath weapon via constructs in most cases.

logically and by feats, there really is no way godzilla wins this match. QFT

riv6672
thumb up

Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
QFT

Like i said, "i think this and nothing will change my mind".

Bentley
Well, there's nothing i, personally, can add to this thread other than to point out the obvious, like, Godzilla is not an explosion, or a star; he's going to be fighting back.
Thats not likely to change your mind, so why waste time and fill up the thread with back and forth between us?

Well, I wouldn't care that much about how long the discussion is, these forums are to argue and debate, if we are civil and fair with all the posters that participate on the discussion, I'm pretty sure we're encouraged to exchange points of view.

The example of the planetary explosion is compelling because it features a damage output exponentially above what Godzilla has mustered, and this was actually resisted by Sinestro without any difficulty. It's easy to make analogies about it, which are pretty convincing. Imagine that I built a robot that could take a bullet shot. And then we send a chihuahua against that same robot, and the machine will be actively defending against the chihuahua. Would it be fair to assume that the chihuahua's teeth will go to the solid casing that can stand a bullet? Most people would dismiss it quickly. Is it different to talk about the fight between to mobile beings and a single attack? Yes, of course, but it doesn't always matter.

riv6672
On the flip side, super powered characters are known to survive ridiculously powerful explosive events, yet get knocked around by physical forces like punches to the face and power beams.

Bentley
On the flip side, super powered characters are known to survive ridiculously powerful explosive events, yet get knocked around by physical forces like punches to the face and power beams.

Yes, this is why the forum features rules that try to minimize those inconsistensies when they can be explained/justified by plot (PIS) or character errors (CIS). This is also why we rate each battle from a value out of ten, allowing for certain diversity in internal showings.

There are rules such as "characters fight to the best of their abilities", that are made in the spirit of people agreeing more or less in a standard level on characters and not being up to an absolute freedom of interpretation on showings. Opinion is fine, but when you can pick who is weak beacuse you consider their lowshowings, it can easily become a game of playing favorites, which is horrific in the long run for the health of any discussion.

Unrelated to all that, there is also the fact that Sinestro has many other showings that put him on a planetary level of power which might not feature explosions.

CadenceV2
thumb up

The second Brain instance your referring to is only one version out of 10+ versions of GZ. the Heisei version. So stating the second brain versions is un accurate too as all the other versions had only one. Showa GZ specifically stated as having a small single brain in GZ vs King Kong.

Just wanted to point that out. smile

Galan007
Mechagodzillas and MegaKing Ghidorah are alien tech though, no telling in how strong they are when compared with conventional machines. sinestro's ring isn't a conventional machine. none

pym-ftw
Godzilla can hurt Sinestro, to say otherwise is insane & lol at downplaying the Gverse tech.

That said Big G can't pull wins here unless Sinestro fights very dumb.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Godzilla is awesome and powerful enough to hurt Sinestro, though not with Parallax at his command. I think the Sinestro Corps gets a new Member ^^.

Branlor Swift
I always come into God Zilla threads out of curiosity and I end up learning nothing about him. Really should watch the movies or read the comics.

KMC no good for learning.

leonidas
read the bz i just had with digi. anything worth anything about godzilla is in that match--videos, manga and comics.

Digi
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I always come into God Zilla threads out of curiosity and I end up learning nothing about him. Really should watch the movies or read the comics.

KMC no good for learning.

read the bz i just had with digi. anything worth anything about godzilla is in that match--videos, manga and comics.

thumb up

This. I know I learned a ton about Godzilla in the match, even if I was trying to downplay his feats the whole time.

Also, Sinestro wins.

Branlor Swift
Maybe I'll dedicate a candlelit evening to it later. But any place is better for learning than these time after time disappointing vs threads I guess.

leonidas
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Maybe I'll dedicate a candlelit evening to it later. But any place is better for learning than these time after time disappointing vs threads I guess.

yeah, very few godzilla threads ever actually come with proof of claims in the form of scans or video. you'll see the same list of feats posted over and over, but rarely will you see anyone prove the claims. in my bz i think i posted pretty much EVERYTHING of any worth. if it's not in there it's likely a myth or a complete misrepresentation (extremely LOOSE interpretation?) of what ACTUALLY happened in a movie or book.

Epicurus
Godzilla should have won against He-Man though. Leo, what the f*ck did you do?

leonidas
tbh, i thought i'd won the match pretty handily. i showed everything there was to show of godzilla. in pm's even digi chalked it up to a 3-1 or 3-2 loss. but by all means, read it and give me YOUR opinion and tell me what i could have done differently.....

Epicurus
I'll think about it.

leonidas
lol thumb up

Galan007
leo sucks. thumb up

leonidas
sad

CadenceV2
yeah, very few godzilla threads ever actually come with proof of claims in the form of scans or video. you'll see the same list of feats posted over and over, but rarely will you see anyone prove the claims. in my bz i think i posted pretty much EVERYTHING of any worth. if it's not in there it's likely a myth or a complete misrepresentation (extremely LOOSE interpretation?) of what ACTUALLY happened in a movie or book.

I think I interpret GZ a little different than some of yours, does not make them misinterpret, just seen in a different way.

Like the second brain only applies to one version (one movie actually to go a step further) of GZ and never had applied to the rest.

Also I (and many other I know) find Marvel GZ as one of the strongest versions. The fact he was depowered after a mutation and beaten by IM has no bearing on his former form.

Anyway I find the use of Misinterpret, a little bit much as debate worthy arguments can be done on GZ feats or abilities like any other super hero.

leonidas
depends what feat you're talking about. some of them are misleading--not saying the marvel one is, he did seem pretty solid in marvel, and i never understood why so many people saw that version as weak--but some of his healing feats and even durability feats aren't what they appear to be by the description of the feat. it's not you in particular, though i certainly have some issues with some of the things you listed, but i saw LOTS of lists of feats with next to no support (you yourself listed feats and showed nothing to support anything you mentioned) and as i looked them up they were far less than they were made to sound. imo some of them really aren't debate worthy at all, which is why i left a few of the listed feats out of the bz. godzilla is powerful, no doubt. but there are a lot of myths surrounding him as well.

CadenceV2
depends what feat you're talking about. some of them are misleading--not saying the marvel one is, he did seem pretty solid in marvel, and i never understood why so many people saw that version as weak--but some of his healing feats and even durability feats aren't what they appear to be by the description of the feat. it's not you in particular, though i certainly have some issues with some of the things you listed, but i saw LOTS of lists of feats with next to no support (you yourself listed feats and showed nothing to support anything you mentioned) and as i looked them up they were far less than they were made to sound. imo some of them really aren't debate worthy at all, which is why i left a few of the listed feats out of the bz. godzilla is powerful, no doubt. but there are a lot of myths surrounding him as well.

Fair enough.

Bentley
sinestro's ring isn't a conventional machine. none

What I meant is that you were saying "them just hooks man", so I would not do a straight comparison with regular giant hooks.

Also, the ring is just an alien machine uhuh

You know, I'll start to gather info for a Godzilla respect thread, people just argue whatever they want in these Godzilla threads.

riv6672
People argue whatever they want in every thread, a lot of times simply ignoring the OP.

-shrug-

leonidas
What I meant is that you were saying "them just hooks man", so I would not do a straight comparison with regular giant hooks.

Also, the ring is just an alien machine uhuh

You know, I'll start to gather info for a Godzilla respect thread, people just argue whatever they want in these Godzilla threads.

feel free to pillage the bz for anything you want to use. i was thinking about doing a respect thread as well but really just don't feel like going through all the stuff again.

CadenceV2
feel free to pillage the bz for anything you want to use. i was thinking about doing a respect thread as well but really just don't feel like going through all the stuff again.

You can hit up me for Scans for Heisei GZ, Legendary GZ, Marvel GZ, and Dark Horse GZ. I have every Heisei movie, some Millenium ones, and every Dark Horse/Marvel Comic for GZ.

Igniz
Although IDW Godzilla is a beast, I think Sinestro wins this.Godzilla from IDW has feats of causing a city destroying explosion that knocked out King Ghidorah briefly.Resisted the mind control attempts of evil twin girls(They controlled Rodan and Battra rather easily).Caused another city destroying explosion that was stated to reverberate across the world via beam collision with Battra(Both were KOed however).Defeated an upgraded MechaGodzilla in a DBZ style beam struggle.Used his atomic breath to escape an energy cage that was stated to be as powerful as a black hole.Used his atomic breath to launch himself against a flying Hedorah.Destroyed Space Godzilla by taking advantage of an exploding MechaGodzilla(Damaged by Monster X).Keizer Ghidorah flew and ensnared Godzilla and dropped him thousands of feet in the air.Keizer Ghidorah then followed up by doing a 4 legged drop from the air.Godzilla was still alive and fighting after taking that punishment from Keizer Ghidorah.Godzilla outsmarted Keizer Ghidorah by making one of the head bite off the other head.Godzilla then stomped Keizer Ghidorah's remaining head to death.This are his highs.The low showing I remember however, was getting one shot by Jet Jaguar by a punch and getting carried and tossed to the sea.And a special weapon used by Steven Woods using MechaGodzilla owned both Godzilla and King Ghidorah.Sinestro has the versatility advantage.He could probably replicate the special weapon that owned both Godzilla and King Ghidorah.

riv6672
Looks like this thread may lead to something positive...

Bentley
Originally posted by Igniz
Although IDW Godzilla is a beast,

I love the IDW Goji, he was actually the first iteration of Godzilla to legitimately tank a nuke (and it's still a better durability feat than that of 2014 Movie Goji, who tanked an older bomb). One of the most powerful iterations without a doubt.

Another Godzilla power house in Final Wars Godzilla, who had the stamina to walk around the entire world in a relentless hunt of several kaiju, proceeding to stomp most of them and shooting a meteor before it reached Earth (crazy accuracy feat). High-end Godzilla is on the herald tier no doubt.

CadenceV2
I love the IDW Goji, he was actually the first iteration of Godzilla to legitimately tank a nuke (and it's still a better durability feat than that of 2014 Movie Goji, who tanked an older bomb). One of the most powerful iterations without a doubt.

Another Godzilla power house in Final Wars Godzilla, who had the stamina to walk around the entire world in a relentless hunt of several kaiju, proceeding to stomp most of them and shooting a meteor before it reached Earth (crazy accuracy feat). High-end Godzilla is on the herald tier no doubt.

Actually I think you missed the feat of Godzilla 2014 tanking a continent size explosion meteor that ended life on earth as per the awakening official comic. Also 14 megaton Castle Bravo nuke test is by far superior to the 2 or less Megaton nukes America carries today. That's a fact.

Also the IDW GZ from what I seen recently tanked a true black hole (unlike the movie Godzilla vs Megarius). Making that feat alone >>>> to any Nuke.

Also GZ vs Biolanette Godzilla tanked his own heat beam returned 10,000 times at stated. That star temperatures easy.

Those are herald feats for sure in durability.

Igniz
Also the IDW GZ from what I seen recently tanked a true black hole (unlike the movie Godzilla vs Megarius). Making that feat alone >>>> to any Nuke.

Those are herald feats for sure in durability.

That's from Godzilla Half Century War.A stand alone series.Since the Godzilla in this thread is composite, I guess it counts.

CadenceV2
That's from Godzilla Half Century War.A stand alone series.Since the Godzilla in this thread is composite, I guess it counts.

Actually to be fair, in the movie Godzilla vs Space Godzilla showed for a a statement that Godzillas living cells called G Cells are so tough they can survive a true black hole while bombarded by exploding stars. Living cells withstanding that, and regen in that environment too.

That's wow, simply wow.

Even more impressive is the fact that Godzilla Spiral Ray beam is strong enough to kill Space GZ who is proven tough enough to withstand Blackholes and exploding stars. That's a powerful attack.

Bentley
That blackhole showing is crazy, but something like that -the idea of Godzilla cells surviving extreme cosmic events- is referred in the original Space Godzilla movie. It's so weird that standing a blackhole's gravity grip is within your ability, but taking hits from other monsters can knock you out. Comics for you stick out tongue

CadenceV2
That blackhole showing is crazy, but something like that -the idea of Godzilla cells surviving extreme cosmic events- is referred in the original Space Godzilla movie. It's so weird that standing a blackhole's gravity grip is within your ability, but taking hits from other monsters can knock you out. Comics for you stick out tongue

For real.

riv6672
I said as much.

CadenceV2
Here are some feats again of GZ high ends for those who may want to see the feats themselves. None of these are the more impressive IDW comics BTW.

Marvel GZ matches Classic Thor in raw strength.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...ort=4&o=117

Marvel GZ steps on Savage Hulk easy in an editors note.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...ort=4&o=118

Marvel GZ causes Hercules to strain.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...ort=4&o=115

Marvel GZ after being shrunk to 1/10th of his size overpowers Sue and Richard Storm.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...ort=4&o=116

Legendary GZ tanks 14 Megaton Nuke with no damage.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=91
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=92
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=93

Legendary GZ tanks Asteroid that is near continent buster with no damage.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=87
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=88

GZ Regen Feats of healing destroyed Brain with the Rodan amp in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=66

Heals all holes in hands and shoulder damage in seconds.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=64

Heals all super alien arrows in his body and a heart stab in a single panel.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=75
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=76
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=77

GZ withstand molecule level attacks in the form of Oxygen Destoyer. Feats of Oxygen Destoyer in the scans show it can dientigrate metal, and kills living tissue in seconds. GZ while having a meltdown, meaning his healing factor is working overtime already, tanks these attacks that slice and dice him and he still heals from them in seconds.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZAbilityRegen6_zpsbb3ff7bf.png.html?sort=4&o=69
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZAbilityRegen7_zps175c077c.png.html?sort=4&o=70
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZAbilityRegen8_zps30ee1547.png.html?sort=4&o=71
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZAbilityRegen9_zps009fdd39.png.html?sort=4&o=72

GZ withstands his own Nuke temperature breath return to him 10,000 times with no damage. Thats star temperatures.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZFeatDurability20_zps9b90f624.png.html?sort=4&o=41
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZFeatDurability21_zps9a32caa4.png.html?sort=4&o=42

GZ withstands a city busting explosion with no damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqFzsPht6bY

GZ blasts over 90,000 tons at massive hyper sonic speeds (escape velocity from earths gravity) with his Red Spiral Beam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0qhL13rpIY

GZ blows away Space Godzilla with the Red Spiral Beam. Space GZ who's durability can withstand Black Holes and Exploding Stars as part of his origin.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZAbilitySpiralBeam3_zps35683983.png.html?sort=4&o=27
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZAbilitySpiralBeam4_zpseda293bc.png.html?sort=4&o=28

GZ withstands the force of these sharp crystals. this is a big deal as these crystals are durable enough to withstand Blackholes. Yet shatter on GZ with no peircing damage to GZ.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZFeatDurability14_zps7811f86c.png.html?sort=4&o=38

His G Cells are capable of withstanding Blackholes and exploding stars.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=84

Here is a great feat of the total power of GZ. he prove he can be a World Buster in two possible ways.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=60
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=61
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=62
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=63

Hope this helps some on my views of GZ.

Delta1938
The second Brain instance your referring to is only one version out of 10+ versions of GZ. the Heisei version. So stating the second brain versions is un accurate too as all the other versions had only one. Showa GZ specifically stated as having a small single brain in GZ vs King Kong.

Just wanted to point that out. smile

You made it a composite version, so I guess him having the second brain is dependent on how you interpret "composite" when it comes to details like that.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Delta1938
You made it a composite version, so I guess him having the second brain is dependent on how you interpret "composite" when it comes to details like that.

It was on movie out of hundreds of comics, and 20 something movies. So in short it's a very single incident that applied to only one version of GZ out of 10+ versions. Should not be used as a good source of composite.

Delta1938
It was on movie out of hundreds of comics, and 20 something movies. So in short it's a very single incident that applied to only one version of GZ out of 10+ versions. Should not be used as a good source of composite.

Depends on how you interpret a composite.

CadenceV2
Depends on how you interpret a composite.

How do you interpret it? Cause Showa Godzilla weighs a lot less as well a lot smaller than the average weight/height of other Godzillas.

Would you use the weight and heathy of Showa? Or use the average?

It works both ways when using composite smile the only fair way to debate is use the average of showings.

Delta1938
How do you interpret it? Cause Showa Godzilla weighs a lot less as well a lot smaller than the average weight/height of other Godzillas.

Would you use the weight and heathy of Showa? Or use the average?

It works both ways when using composite smile the only fair way to debate is use the average of showings.

The way I think of a composite is that the second brain would be included. If you could provide evidence, you could argue this is less of a factor based on other traits of other versions of Godzilla.

As for size, I really don't know how that would work out if he's been all over the place in size over the different versions.

CadenceV2
The way I think of a composite is that the second brain would be included. If you could provide evidence, you could argue this is less of a factor based on other traits of other versions of Godzilla.

As for size, I really don't know how that would work out if he's been all over the place in size over the different versions.

Size and weight is a big deal for the various weights and sizes the GZs have.

Also I do not think the second brain should be allowed when in Godzilla vs King Kong it was stated he had one brain, and a small one at that. So which statement should be used?

It's to tricky and a stretch to apply the second brain that was cannon to one movie. After all in the Giant Monsters Attack movie Godzilla is a super natural being made of all the deaths of WW2. He is basically a immortal solid ghost. If we allow a second brain for composite, then we should allow GZ version of him as an immortal ghost beast.

Where do we draw the line?

Delta1938
Size and weight is a big deal for the various weights and sizes the GZs have.

Also I do not think the second brain should be allowed when in Godzilla vs King Kong it was stated he had one brain, and a small one at that. So which statement should be used?

It's to tricky and a stretch to apply the second brain that was cannon to one movie. After all in the Giant Monsters Attack movie Godzilla is a super natural being made of all the deaths of WW2. He is basically a immortal solid ghost. If we allow a second brain for composite, then we should allow GZ version of him as an immortal ghost beast.

Where do we draw the line?

And thus the plight of using composite versions.

CadenceV2
And thus the plight of using composite versions.

My views and others views I seen have always been used the average. Averagely GZ is around 100 meters tall and weighs 60,000 tons. Averagely he has one brain and is not a ghost.

Makes sense to me.

leonidas
Here are some feats again of GZ high ends for those who may want to see the feats themselves. None of these are the more impressive IDW comics BTW.

Marvel GZ matches Classic Thor in raw strength.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...ort=4&o=117

Marvel GZ steps on Savage Hulk easy in an editors note.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...ort=4&o=118

Marvel GZ causes Hercules to strain.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...ort=4&o=115

Marvel GZ after being shrunk to 1/10th of his size overpowers Sue and Richard Storm.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...ort=4&o=116

Legendary GZ tanks 14 Megaton Nuke with no damage.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=91
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=92
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=93

Legendary GZ tanks Asteroid that is near continent buster with no damage.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=87
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=88

GZ Regen Feats of healing destroyed Brain with the Rodan amp in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=66

Heals all holes in hands and shoulder damage in seconds.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=64

Heals all super alien arrows in his body and a heart stab in a single panel.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=75
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=76
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=77

GZ withstand molecule level attacks in the form of Oxygen Destoyer. Feats of Oxygen Destoyer in the scans show it can dientigrate metal, and kills living tissue in seconds. GZ while having a meltdown, meaning his healing factor is working overtime already, tanks these attacks that slice and dice him and he still heals from them in seconds.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZAbilityRegen6_zpsbb3ff7bf.png.html?sort=4&o=69
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZAbilityRegen7_zps175c077c.png.html?sort=4&o=70
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZAbilityRegen8_zps30ee1547.png.html?sort=4&o=71
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZAbilityRegen9_zps009fdd39.png.html?sort=4&o=72

GZ withstands his own Nuke temperature breath return to him 10,000 times with no damage. Thats star temperatures.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZFeatDurability20_zps9b90f624.png.html?sort=4&o=41
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZFeatDurability21_zps9a32caa4.png.html?sort=4&o=42

GZ withstands a city busting explosion with no damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqFzsPht6bY

GZ blasts over 90,000 tons at massive hyper sonic speeds (escape velocity from earths gravity) with his Red Spiral Beam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0qhL13rpIY

GZ blows away Space Godzilla with the Red Spiral Beam. Space GZ who's durability can withstand Black Holes and Exploding Stars as part of his origin.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZAbilitySpiralBeam3_zps35683983.png.html?sort=4&o=27
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZAbilitySpiralBeam4_zpseda293bc.png.html?sort=4&o=28

GZ withstands the force of these sharp crystals. this is a big deal as these crystals are durable enough to withstand Blackholes. Yet shatter on GZ with no peircing damage to GZ.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/KingGojira2014/media/GZFeatDurability14_zps7811f86c.png.html?sort=4&o=38

His G Cells are capable of withstanding Blackholes and exploding stars.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=84

Here is a great feat of the total power of GZ. he prove he can be a World Buster in two possible ways.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=60
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=61
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=62
http://s9.photobucket.com/user/King...sort=4&o=63

Hope this helps some on my views of GZ.

you DO know almost none of those links work, right....?

Branlor Swift
You have to actually copy and paste the full links. Either by clicking on them or quoting the post and copying the full context of the post.

Digi
leo sucks. thumb up

laughing out loud

Go easy on him. He just lost a BZ to some scrub.

It's true, though. I didn't feel as confident as I normally do. I'd have put money on leo winning 3-2 or 4-1. However, that's different than saying I think Godzilla should have won. I just didn't think the flow of the match favored me.

tacolover16
Sinestro because he has the power of fear and can fly circles around godzila

Delta1938
My views and others views I seen have always been used the average. Averagely GZ is around 100 meters tall and weighs 60,000 tons. Averagely he has one brain and is not a ghost.

Makes sense to me.

The difference though is these are DIFFERENT VERSIONS. It's not the same case with a singular continuity of different portrayals of the same character. You're combining several into one with a composite.

CadenceV2
The difference though is these are DIFFERENT VERSIONS. It's not the same case with a singular continuity of different portrayals of the same character. You're combining several into one with a composite.

Yes I am.

riv6672
Yes you are, as per the OP.

CadenceV2
Yes you are, as per the OP. laughing

riv6672
I mean it said GodzillA from all the comics. Not GodzillaS.
An amalgam not a team.

LGU
that initial battle against the avengers and ff was only a part of the story though. later godzilla was mutated and defeated by ironman, so marvel's opinion on godzilla, and his level, certainly changed over time.

Yeah but if I remember rightly that was after Marvel had lost the license to Godzilla, and had to mutate him into something completely unrecognizable. I'm not sure how much of a legitimate reference point it is for Godzilla as a result. Given Marvel didn't have the license for the character at that point I find it difficult to accept him as a valid version of the character - were they even allowed to refer to him as Godzilla in Iron Man #193-#196?

When they actually had the license to the character they had Godzilla perform pretty well against Stark-tech, including taking a hit from a weapon described as the best Stark had ever built:
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/GODZILLA/Marvel/004-Godzilla-01b_zpsdb615eb8.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/GODZILLA/Marvel/004-Godzilla-01c_zps0c97bd0f.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/GODZILLA/Marvel/004-Godzilla-01d_zps96728d68.jpg

He obviously didn't enjoy it much but it didn't slow him down overly either.

True (although he still seemed to be in The Thing's ballpark physically when he was like 10 feet tall which I always thought was quite impressive).

Marvel Godzilla? Probably. The IDW Godzilla has a decent TP resistance feat or two. Telepathy is more variable in portrayal even than most other super-powers.

In a high end feats comparison, of course not. I think on any kind of average showing though Godzilla's offense would be portrayed as hurting most top tier guys to some extent. I don't really think city-level destruction is anything to scoff at. On a day-to-day showing city-busting attacks would be pretty high-end for Hulk/Thor range guys. Obviously they have (much) higher end stuff too but it's rare as hell as a percentage of their total appearances.

Fair enough. Like I said, it's a difficult fight to even imagine in my opinion and cross-comparisons are even more difficult than usual as they aren't just different universes but different genres.

Cheers.

leonidas
thumb up

CadenceV2
Also wanted to add Heisei GZ shrugged of TP attacks in both GZ vs Biollante and a more amped ESP attack in GZ vs Space GZ movies.

So he has several feats shrugging off TP attacks.

LGU

I've got scans of most of the impressive IDW feats (sub-categorized into the various mini-series) here:
http://s1007.photobucket.com/user/lgu88/library/GODZILLA/IDW

That had more or less everything I thought of as feat-worthy up to a few months ago. I haven't got any of the newer issues though. I saw he survived being hit with two or three nukes at the same time recently so he's had other decent showings not covered in those scans.

His best feat (the black hole stuff) is in the HCW album (Half-Century War) but there's some decent showings in the others too.

Cheers.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by LGU
I've got scans of most of the impressive IDW feats (sub-categorized into the various mini-series) here:
http://s1007.photobucket.com/user/lgu88/library/GODZILLA/IDW

That had more or less everything I thought of as feat-worthy up to a few months ago. I haven't got any of the newer issues though. I saw he survived being hit with two or three nukes at the same time recently so he's had other decent showings not covered in those scans.

His best feat (the black hole stuff) is in the HCW album (Half-Century War) but there's some decent showings in the others too.

Cheers.

Thank you. I am eager to read up on the IDW stuff now.

LGU
Thank you. I am eager to read up on the IDW stuff now.

No problem. It's good stuff, I think any fan of Godzilla is likely to enjoy it a fair bit. Definitely the best Godzilla comics series (or collection of mini-series I guess) ever, although that's not saying much as the Marvel stuff was terrible and the Dark Horse stuff was... okay at times but nothing special (nice art though).

Cheers.

riv6672
This promises to be good reading.

leonidas
idw is very good. i used a few scenes from the series in my bz match, but still not as good as his better movie feats. his movie and or comic tp feats though are quite literally useless in a comicbook world. there is simply no defense for him against a high level tp comic character who routinely performs global or better feats--he would get completely mindraped, likely even by average comicbook psy characters. it's an inherent weakness, not even his fault. his world simply isn't populated by beings with planetary scale (and beyond) tp.

CadenceV2
However he has TP feats. Look at say Beta Ray Bill. No real TP feats at all that I know of. Yet he is still super high tier in the comic world. Same for say Human Torch, who also has no real TP resistance. But easy high meta in the comic world.

TP is not that big of a deal. At least GZ has resisted City Area in distance TP feats. Pretty solid for comic characters. GZ would do find in the Marvel World IMO.

leonidas
and there is proof he can be affected by very low level tp as well--that makes it about as good as having no feats. it's one of the myths i read about all the time. bill doesn't have feats either, that's true, but.....so? confused he can bust a planet with his hammer. he's also a partial cyborg, so there is that. and of course we're not talking about bill, who would also be taken out by a high level tp character, probably. human torch?? anyway, it's just one of the things i was mentioning earlier about myths. as far as the comic world goes, he has no tp feats to speak of. unless both sides of an issue are mentioned, it doesn't give a fair impression of the character. that's what i continually found as i looked through godzilla feats.

CadenceV2
I think we will agree to disagree. I see a few TP feats, and that's better than most. IMO anyway. He may not resist a Prof X, but I have no doubt he could resist say Lizard when he had TP.

Bentley
I think we will agree to disagree. I see a few TP feats, and that's better than most. IMO anyway. He may not resist a Prof X, but I have no doubt he could resist say Lizard when he had TP.

It's impossible to say if he would resist the Lizard, I mean, you could make an argument I guess.

krisblaze
However he has TP feats. Look at say Beta Ray Bill. No real TP feats at all that I know of. Yet he is still super high tier in the comic world. Same for say Human Torch, who also has no real TP resistance. But easy high meta in the comic world.

TP is not that big of a deal. At least GZ has resisted City Area in distance TP feats. Pretty solid for comic characters. GZ would do find in the Marvel World IMO.
Bill has some telepathic resistance feats.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=527509&pagenumber=2

It's not much, but the guy doesn't have that many appearances.

CadenceV2
I see, so there is one instance resisting a TP assault. good to know for the future.

Laminator_X
It's unclear to me whether Sinestro has the juice to put G-monster down without BFR, but if Sinestro is smart, Godzilla never gets a clean hit on him. He's got the speed and maneuvability to stay out of tail reach on Godzilla's six and never get hit.

riv6672
I agree with that in so far as BFR being his best chance, followed by dodging.

CadenceV2
Im glad there was 7 pages of discussion here smile

Laminator_X
"Chikyū no Gojira wa, anata no kokoro wa ikari de mitasa rete iru. Reddorantan-tai e yōkoso."

http://i.imgur.com/h53KF4D.jpg

How about now? evil face

Image source: http://avarts74.deviantart.com/art/Red-Lantern-Corp-Godzilla-416114135

Igniz
Originally posted by Laminator_X
"Chikyū no Gojira wa, anata no kokoro wa ikari de mitasa rete iru. Reddorantan-tai e yōkoso."

http://i.imgur.com/h53KF4D.jpg

How about now? evil face

Image source: http://avarts74.deviantart.com/art/Red-Lantern-Corp-Godzilla-416114135

Does Godzilla even know how to use power rings big grin ?

riv6672
How smart does he have to BE?
G'nort uses one.

Bentley
How smart does he have to BE?
G'nort uses one.

And let's not forget about that troglodyte named Guy Gardner.

CadenceV2
Godzilla as per his Showa movies is really smart. He can form sentences and hold conversations with monsters in a few movies. He also has shown to formulate plans and knows Martial Arts.

Galan007
yeah, i think it's reasonable to assume that godzilla will be talking shit to sinestro whilst dishing out numerous roundhouse kicks. thumb up

basilisk
Godzilla

CadenceV2
yeah, i think it's reasonable to assume that godzilla will be talking shit to sinestro whilst dishing out numerous roundhouse kicks. thumb up

Godzilla prove quite the foul mouth in Ghidorah the Three Headed monster movie smile skip to 1:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRS-1KkoWwM#t=102

So its a valid scenario smokin'

Galan007
he also dunked on charles barkley in a game of hoops.

just as valid, imo. thumb up

CadenceV2
he also dunked on charles barkley in a game of hoops.

just as valid, imo. thumb up
GZ has game. He is also a sore loser lol.

Laminator_X
Does Godzilla even know how to use power rings big grin ?

Well, I imagine he'd be at least on par with Dex Starr, and with more fire-breathing experience. wink

riv6672
Laugh. Out. Loud.

CadenceV2
Twin Faeries "Godzilla is using horrible language."

Sinestro getting round house kicked.

Godzilla "You creepy looking little yellow F**k! Stupid b***t a** energy attacks that sting like f**king hell!"

riv6672
laughing

krisblaze
Originally posted by Laminator_X

smh...

満たされている is not split into three parts

Laminator_X
I can only plead Google translate, my Nihongo is weak.

janus77
Godzilla flame's Sinestro's ring ...
"I went down, down, down and the flames went higher
And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire"
VTpNFBp3vbg

CadenceV2
Originally posted by janus77
Godzilla flame's Sinestro's ring ...
"I went down, down, down and the flames went higher
And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire"
VTpNFBp3vbg

That's a good one actually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.