How close could a real world human get to be Batman or the Punisher ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
( Batman )

A real world kid goes through the same tragedy that Bruce did and wants to go the Batman route. We will spot the kid the following attributes..

-He inherits his parents fortune who run a militarily tech company worth 10 million dollars.

-He has a IQ of 150. So a genius right below the level of a Stephen Hawking

-His parents are both Olympic level athletes.

- He is sent away for training at the age of 5.

-He has his own Alfred

How close can this guy be from being the same level as Batman? What real world problems would be the hardest to overcome? Could he handle real world street level crime without being outed? First ever reports of a man-bat are reported in the summer of 2014. His birthplace, his home and his cooperation are all in the New York area..

( Punisher )

A real world Man in 2011 goes through the same tragedy that Frank did and wants to go the punisher route. We will spot the Man the following attributes..

-Expert in military and guerrilla tactics, strategy, and demolitions

-Highly trained in both armed and unarmed combat

-Stealth and infiltration expert
Special Forces training
CQC expert

- The recipient of multi-disciplinary military training from the United States Marine Corps, Force Reconnaissance. While a Marine, he also received training from the Airborne School and U.S. NavySEALs

-His parents were both Olympic level athletes.

-He starts trying to be the Punisher at age 35

How close can this guy be from being the same level as Punisher? What real world problems would be the hardest to overcome? Could he handle real world street level crime without being outed? His birthplace, his home, hideouts are all in the Los Angeles Area as he starts out.. First ever reports of a guy with a skull on his chest are reported in early 2014..

iceman24567
Chuck Norris

Branlor Swift
Bruce would probably wind up like what everyone thinks he is in comics. A big sopping wet pussy.

Punisher wouldn't be hard. The issue is not getting arrested for him.

Epicurus
Not close enough.

golem370
Getting injured badly because Batman and Punisher compared to the real world would have way better healing and damage soak.

Sin I AM
Highly unlikely, plus they are well past their prime. The amount of physical damage they'd sustain would kill them. Especially Bruce since he goes h2h. Frank would get the terrorist treatment and hunted like a dog

golem370
They have better healing and damage soak then anybody in the real world. You don't believe that?

Digi
With enough money - say, a young, athletic multi-millionaire - you could get fairly close. I've had this discussion with friends, and it's not too far-fetched. It's just that the subset of humanity that's financially and athletically gifted enough, but also mentally unstable enough to try it, is close to zero.

The issue is longevity. You'd be dead, arrested, or both within a few years, if not months or weeks. But in the short-term, most of the skills are learnable, most of the methods are learnable, and most of the tech actually exists.

Sin I AM
The biggest issue wont be criminals it would be police

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Sin I AM
The biggest issue wont be criminals it would be police

Yea those pigs have a huge problem with someone doing the work they never can or will do. Cops only show up after the crime.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Batman - Master Bruce
Punisher - Mindset

Inhuman
Highly unlikely, plus they are well past their prime. The amount of physical damage they'd sustain would kill them. Especially Bruce since he goes h2h. Frank would get the terrorist treatment and hunted like a dog

You can't corner the dorner

Sin I AM
Irl u can

GroggyGrunt
I think both would be a far, far cry from their fictional counterparts. Real Batman is getting shot or falling to his death, assuming he ever gets to fight crime without immediately being outed come tax season (or before by a contractor). Real Punisher, as already said, would get a bit closer but he'd be arrested pretty damn quick. Hell, even with the kind of military connections he might have it'd be tough for him to even acquire the kind of hardware he uses without resorting to criminal sources.

Sin I AM
The level of secrecy they'd have to operate at doesn't exist here. Plus their are too many clandestine groups who would take them down. If Bruce stayed low key, didn't destroy the city like in tdk and only took down street level crooks he'd be ok for awhile i suppose. But once he brings out the bat mobile and bat wing he becomes a terrorist threat.

Punisher would end up gunned down.

Inhuman
Punisher would get away with it for a while. Then eventually hunted by the cops or fbi. Most likely will result in a standoff situation where punisher would die in a blaze of glory. Or if he is captured then he would be on death row for countless murders and then executed.

Batman would also get away with it for a bit. Not as long as punisher I think. Plus his risky hand to hand style and high building maneuvering would most likely mortally injure him or kill him eventually.
He will also be caught after a short time. Upon his capture and it is revealed who batman really is then a whole bunch of new problems arise for bruce other than jail time. Most if not all the criminals he beat up would most likely try to sue bruce for assault and battery. Bruce would have to hire hot shot lawyers to defend him against the criminals and the city at the same time. Bruce would end up broke and probably locked up in an insane asylum for his behavior.

dmills
The level of secrecy they'd have to operate at doesn't exist here. Plus their are too many clandestine groups who would take them down. If Bruce stayed low key, didn't destroy the city like in tdk and only took down street level crooks he'd be ok for awhile i suppose. But once he brings out the bat mobile and bat wing he becomes a terrorist threat.

Punisher would end up gunned down.

Yep. "Batman" trying to go h2h against multiple attackers would get his face smashed in.

"The Punisher" would get smoked eventually.

Supermex
Lmao at some of the explanations I'm reading here

Can't picture Frank being guned down by cops or FBI

Bruce, sued by the city and criminals goes broke

dmills
Originally posted by Supermex

A heavily armed vigilante running around doing summary executions? RW cops are trigger happy man. They'd "Christopher Dorner" him.

Sin I AM

Irl they would get caught or killed, imo youd have to be atleast high meta to survive irl as an active hero, because the gov, mob, etc won't give u peace

krisblaze
Like Digi mentioned there's no way these guys would survive for long.

If they're not apprehended then they die from their injuries.

Punisher and Batman have been hurt so much they'd just be a bunch of walking scar-tissue.

Yamcha
**** that Punisher and Batman

We've got Dog the Bounty Hunter and Phoenix Jones.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2ezjmgi.jpghttp://i62.tinypic.com/ad194i.jpg

Time Immemorial
As a regular skydiver and the amount of punishment I take from that. I can barely walk the next day. What Batman goes through is 100x, its simply not possible for someone to recover from those beatings.

Digi
I think people are dwelling on the damage soak. I'm pretty sure OP is talking about them existing irl, not going through the exact same ordeals as they have in the comics.

My earlier post still applies. They could absolutely exist, all except the top 5-10% of their tech that doesn't actually exist. The only issues are legality and longevity.

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Yea those pigs have a huge problem with someone doing the work they never can or will do. Cops only show up after the crime.

You don't know many officers, do you? This is a terribly broad brush to paint them all with.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Digi

You don't know many officers, do you? This is a terribly broad brush to paint them all with.

Digi, always looking for an argument.. laughing

Digi
Digi, always looking for an argument.. laughing

What argument? I'm just letting you know how dumb your comment is.

Prof. T.C McAbe

DarkSaint85
Punisher would last longer.

Batman? No way. Its like having Paris Hilton secretly learning 127 martial arts, whilst achieving honours degrees in multiple languages, engineering, applied sciences and criminology. Whilst maintaining an Olympic level physique, not just in raw strength, but speed, agility and stamina as well.

Oh, and not just achieving a grasp of high level economics and business, but actually helping to turn such a massive profit that you could just lose millions in R+D every year.

That's the unrealistic aspect of it. Not his tech.

Placidity
Batman is not possible in real life. Not even someone half as good.

You are stupid if you disagree.

Igniz
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Batman - Master Bruce
Punisher - Mindset

To me its like

Batman-Have a traumatic experience and money to become a crime fighter.
Punisher-Have family killed by criminals and have lots of guns.

beatboks

-He inherits his parents fortune who run a militarily tech company worth 10 million dollars.

-He has a IQ of 150. So a genius right below the level of a Stephen Hawking

Forget the rest. If a guy inherits 10 million dollars and he's a genius. he hires a kill squad and equips them to get his vengeance for him.

Mother F#$%ers gone/game over.

Time Immemorial

Not dumber then saying someone could be a real life Batman cause they had money. laughing

Digi
Not dumber then saying someone could be a real life Batman cause they had money. laughing

Except that isn't what I said. Most of the tech exists, the martial arts exist, the policing and detective methods are replicable. But it would take a confluence of a lot of factors in a person to be possible. Money is just one of them. And they wouldn't be as good as Batman in the comics, because they ignore things like recovery time and physics. But a reasonable facsimile could exist, yes.

srug

On the other hand, you insulted an entire profession of people, many of whom routinely put their lives on the line for the public good, probably because you have a negative view of a particular subset of them. Maybe I'm wrong about Batman. But even if I'm entirely wrong, the levels of stupidity and ignorance between us here are, to state it mildly, wildly different.

Time Immemorial

srug

On the other hand, you insulted an entire profession of people, many of whom routinely put their lives on the line for the public good, probably because you have a negative view of a particular subset of them. Maybe I'm wrong about Batman. But even if I'm entirely wrong, the levels of stupidity and ignorance between us here are, to state it mildly, wildly different.

Talk is cheap on the internet laughing

I happen to have a friend that's a cop, I call him a piggy all the time and he laughs. You might take a joke about cops on the internet a bit far. Now go call the police and tell them what I said.

Back to OP, none of what Batman does is possible. Its a movie. Get real.

Perceiver1
Sure Batman would work. What's unrealistic about fighting criminals using semiautomatic weapons with homemade boomerangs?

Digi
Talk is cheap on the internet laughing

I happen to have a friend that's a cop, I call him a piggy all the time and he laughs. You might take a joke about cops on the internet a bit far. Now go call the police and tell them what I said.

This is a classic troll move. Say something insulting with no sense that it's anything but that, get called out, then decry it as just a joke and laugh at the other person for being upset. I'm not upset, as your pathetic PM attempted to revel in. I was just telling you what an asshat you were for an insulting opinion.

But I was wrong. You're not an idiot when it comes to generalizing professions. I rescind my statement, and I'm glad you're not bigoted toward cops. But now I'm done taking anything you say seriously, or responding to it, because there's no point. It's not an attempt at getting you back, because obviously you don't care; it's just saving me some time from dealing with a troll.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Except that isn't what I said. Most of the tech exists, the martial arts exist, the policing and detective methods are replicable. But it would take a confluence of a lot of factors in a person to be possible. Money is just one of them. And they wouldn't be as good as Batman in the comics, because they ignore things like recovery time and physics. But a reasonable facsimile could exist, yes.

srug

Out of curiosity, are mods not supposed to behave exemplary?

Flyattractor

Welcome to the InterWebs and Comic Book Message Boards.

Digi

What's this getting at? I was attacking bigotry. If this is going to get ugly, PM me. I don't have the patience to hash this out in public.

Branlor Swift
Public hashing is the way to deal with things apparently. Everything.

Blow up Digi. It's the only way.

Digi
Nah, TI was having a giggle, and I wasted some time. There's no story here; just another Tuesday on KMC.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

thumb up

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

He goes Bat Shit about the stupid shit that supposed to be funny (shit was that punsmile)

Hey Digi, next time a cop pulls you over, say thank you sir, may I have anotherlaughing out loud

I smell bacon

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8524/8648998255_5e2f4182eb.jpg

Stoic
I've always tried to picture a rich person putting on a black tight suit, and running around fighting crime. Then Bill Gates came to mind, and I abandoned the thought. That's when I realized that the concept of Batman could never exist.

Time Immemorial
This is a classic troll move. Say something insulting with no sense that it's anything but that, get called out, then decry it as just a joke and laugh at the other person for being upset. I'm not upset, as your pathetic PM attempted to revel in. I was just telling you what an asshat you were for an insulting opinion.

But now I'm done taking anything you say seriously, or responding to it, because there's no point. It's not an attempt at getting you back, because obviously you don't care; it's just saving me some time from dealing with a troll.

Wait a sec, I'm the troll and I did a classic troll move?

Lets set the record straight and look at the facts.

I posted yesterday in relation to nothing you said. Then you post at me lashing out and calling me names, so wouldn't that make you doing a classic troll move. You got all bent out of shape over me calling cops piggys. However you didn't bother to respond to a post not directed at you until, I made a post on why I didn't think a person could be Batman in real life, based of real world things I encounter which was posted here.

As a regular skydiver and the amount of punishment I take from that. I can barely walk the next day. What Batman goes through is 100x, its simply not possible for someone to recover from those beatings.

So the record stands as you started insulting and trolling me for not other obvious reason then you were proved wrong and decided to lash out and start the name calling.

As you said earlier "his is a classic troll move. Say something insulting with no sense that it's anything but that, get called out, then decry it as just a joke and laugh at the other person for being upset. "

However I never insulted you. You started insulting me first. Fact is I never insulted you once. You started on the war path for no apparent reason but to wave the white flag in the defense of Police.. So what does that make you, a troll?

Badabing
Wait a sec, I'm the troll and I did a classic troll move?

Lets set the record straight and look at the facts.

I posted yesterday in relation to nothing you said. Then you post at me lashing out and calling me names, so wouldn't that make you doing a classic troll move. You got all bent out of shape over me calling cops piggys. However you didn't bother to respond to a post not directed at you until, I made a post on why I didn't think a person could be Batman in real life, based of real world things I encounter which was posted here.

So the record stands as you started insulting and trolling me for not other obvious reason then you were proved wrong and decided to lash out and start the name calling.

As you said earlier "his is a classic troll move. Say something insulting with no sense that it's anything but that, get called out, then decry it as just a joke and laugh at the other person for being upset. "

However I never insulted you. You started insulting me first. Fact is I never insulted you once. You started on the war path for no apparent reason but to wave the white flag in the defense of Police.. So what does that make you, a troll? Stop right now. Digi is a mod. If you can't be rational and mature, go back to the movie forums. I won't have you bringing your drama here.

Mindset
Batman - Master Bruce
Punisher - Mindset thumb up

Shabazz916
die by the 1st day

Impediment
Originally posted by Placidity
Batman is not possible in real life. Not even someone half as good.

You are stupid if you disagree.

I agree.

The sheer level and intensity of Batman's every day routine would all but destroy a human body over a very short period of time. Skeletal, muscular, and internal organs would suffer extreme wear and tear to the point that a real life Batman would either be in a wheelchair, hobbling around with crutches, or in a full body skeletal support system like Bruce Wayne did in Kingdom Come.

shadowknight
There's 1 major falacy in the thread is the amount of wealth Bruce had even as a child. Just the training cost alone would exceed 10 million dollars. To create a Batcave and equipt would cost in excess of 50 million dollar. I won't even get into the design and creation of the Batmobile, Plane, Helicopter and Boat. From the Omni skills, Omni connections and the Omni resources he would reqjuire a wealth of minimum of 1 billion if not 10 billion. AS for his disposable and networth he would rival if not exceed Bill Gates since he has an over 50% stake in Wayne Enterprise.

shadowknight
Originally posted by Impediment
I agree.

The sheer level and intensity of Batman's every day routine would all but destroy a human body over a very short period of time. Skeletal, muscular, and internal organs would suffer extreme wear and tear to the point that a real life Batman would either be in a wheelchair, hobbling around with crutches, or in a full body skeletal support system like Bruce Wayne did in Kingdom Come. There was a book I read about 4 yrs ago by " E. Paul Zehr" called "Becoming Batman" it was written by a neuroscientist, kinesiologist, and martial artist in which he dealt mostly with Batman physical attributes and skills. In it he explained while it was physically possible to create someone in the Batman NEIBERHOOD the physical grind would cause you to retire between 5-8 yrs. Here's someone else trying to become Batman http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/becoming-batman/

cdtm

Yep.

Can't nail someone for a crime they haven't done yet. A lot of those shooting spree massacres showed that, where there was plenty warning the shooters were about to snap, but legally nothing much could be done against them..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.