Peter Parker vs Jason Vorhees

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Perceiver1
Peter Parker finds himself in a room with Jason Vorhees. A security system goes off trapping him in the room with Jason; force fields blocking the entrances and exits. The room measures 25 feet long, 15 feet wide and 10 feet high.

He is in Peter Parker form so no suit and no webs, only his Spider powers. Jason is armed with his trade mark machete. There is a 15 minute window before the entrances and exits can be used again. Does Parker make it?

http://originals.clzimages.com/comic/backdrop/original/00/00_15682_3_CivilWarPeterParkerSpiderMan.jpg

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070422205213/comics/images/a/af/Friday_the_13th_1.jpg

Sin I AM
Yea just evade

Star428
Yeah. With his spider-sense, agility, and speed he makes it out easily. No way he could possibly harm Jason, of course, but at least he survives.

pym-ftw
Lol classic Jason (movies) gets destroyed by Spidey, i don't know about the comic version.

CadenceV2
There is a Jason comic respect thread I made on the Comicvine.

However comic Jason is out stats here and web incap is a option.

burrrrrr
Peter sticks to Jason's back for 15 minutes, laughing hysterically as Jason flails around trying to reach him.

Star428
LOL. Am I the only one who read the OP? He specifically said "Peter gets no suit and no webs".

Yamcha
I don't see Jason even tagging Peter lol, and even if he miraculously does..it's not keeping Peter down, he's been tagged by some of the best and stood back up, let's face it Jason isn't Morlun lol.

Parker could just evade or maximum spider him lol, Jason's strong compared to humans (punching heads off) but come on..Peter not holding back isn't someone you want to mess with lol. I don't see what's stopping Pete from snatching the machete out of his hands and dicing him to bits until the time's up lol.

Star428
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Lol classic Jason (movies) gets destroyed by Spidey, i don't know about the comic version.

How in the Hell does Uber zombie Jason from the movies get destroyed by Spidey? Please enlighten me. What can Peter possibly do to hurt him? The only way Spidey could win is by webbing Jason up and incapacitate him. Without webs he can't do shit to him.

burrrrrr
Originally posted by Star428
LOL. Am I the only one who read the OP? He specifically said "Peter gets no suit and no webs".

I think only one person mentioned webs.

Perceiver1

Destroy how? Even in the movies he's survived explosions and houses collapsing on him to come back in the next scene. You don't think Parker punches/kicks harder than all of that do you?

Peter also can't afford to get grabbed by Jason, because unlike most of the people Spidey fights, If Jason grabs part of him and starts crushing it, he can't make Jason let go by inflicting pain on him. And while Parkers reacting to the pain here comes the machete. Best bet is to not get caught.

Silent Master
Spider-man takes the machete away from Jason and then cuts his head off.

pym-ftw
How in the Hell does Uber zombie Jason from the movies get destroyed by Spidey? Please enlighten me. What can Peter possibly do to hurt him? The only way Spidey could win is by webbing Jason up and incapacitate him. Without webs he can't do shit to him. Originally posted by Perceiver1
Destroy how? Even in the movies he's survived explosions and houses collapsing on him to come back in the next scene. You don't think Parker punches/kicks harder than all of that do you?

Peter also can't afford to get grabbed by Jason, because unlike most of the people Spidey fights, If Jason grabs part of him and starts crushing it, he can't make Jason let go by inflicting pain on him. And while Parkers reacting to the pain here comes the machete. Best bet is to not get caught. Spidey is class 25 atleast. Thats like a Bus hitting Jason multiple times per second... he hasn't shown the ability to regen from goo.

GroggyGrunt
Spidey, easily. He'd make a game of it to kill time after the first 5 minutes.

Star428
Spidey is class friggin' 25? I thought he was only class 10 (only able to lift around 10 tons). Last time I checked the marvel handbooks he was class 10. That was about a decade ago though. Has he had a major upgrade in last few years?

Galan007
jason would never come close to touching pete.... and pete is certainly strong enough to rock the f*ck out of jason with his blows.

jason doesn't win.

Star428
For some reason, when I pictured this fight I thought it was movie Spidey vs the most powerful version of Jason from the latest Friday 13th movies. The movie Spidey never really impressed me that much. I do agree that comic version of Spidey beats Jason even if Spidey is only class 10 like I thought he was.

Silent Master
Even movie Spider-man is fast and strong enough to get the machete away from Jason and then cut his head off.

Stoic
Originally posted by Perceiver1

Peter also can't afford to get grabbed by Jason, because unlike most of the people Spidey fights, If Jason grabs part of him and starts crushing it, he can't make Jason let go by inflicting pain on him. And while Parkers reacting to the pain here comes the machete. Best bet is to not get caught.

Lol I saw a Friday the 13th where a normal person cut Jason's ass up, and he didn't just get back up from it. Spider Man is being underestimated here big time. Spidey would take the machete, and cut Jason into slabs of meat. It would be some ha ha ha hee hee hee type shit. Just imagine how devastating a cut from Spider Man be if he was going for broke. Swish swish swish swish laughing out loud

Golgo13
Originally posted by Stoic
Lol I saw a Friday the 13th where a normal person cut Jason's ass up, and he didn't just get back up from it. Spider Man is being underestimated here big time. Spidey would take the machete, and cut Jason into slabs of meat. It would be some ha ha ha hee hee hee type shit. Just imagine how devastating a cut from Spider Man be if he was going for broke. Swish swish swish swish laughing out loud

Depends on which Jason this is. He has been blown up and reformed.

Galan007
Originally posted by Silent Master
Even movie Spider-man is fast and strong enough to get the machete away from Jason and then cut his head off. given that he casually dodges close-range gunfire AND catches/lifts full-size cars over his head, i'd have to agree. thumb up

Star428
Even movie Spider-man is fast and strong enough to get the machete away from Jason and then cut his head off.

Seriously doubt it.

Silent Master
Seriously doubt it.

Try watching the movies.

Reflassshh
A better question would be: can jason survive 15 minutes locked up with pete without getting dismembered?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Galan007
jason would never come close to touching pete.... and pete is certainly strong enough to rock the f*ck out of jason with his blows.

jason doesn't win.

golem370
Spider-Man would rip him in half and the those pieces in half.

CadenceV2
honestly comic Jason is more in line with Captain America or Batman. Not Spider Man.
My respect thread for comics Jason.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/friday-the-13th-respect-thread-1502766/

Trocity
Originally posted by Reflassshh
A better question would be: can jason survive 15 minutes locked up with pete without getting dismembered?

laughing out loud thumb up

Stoic
Originally posted by Golgo13
Depends on which Jason this is. He has been blown up and reformed.

So he'd just cut him up again, and put furniture on the body parts. The timer would time out, and Peter would survive the test. Honestly Peter has fought Wolverine, and both of them are way more agile than Jason, not to mention that they can actually fight. What formal training does Jason actually have? He's just a super strong zombie.

If there is no furniture present, he could just keep cutting him to pieces until the timer runs out.

SamZED
Spidey is class friggin' 25? I thought he was only class 10 (only able to lift around 10 tons). Last time I checked the marvel handbooks he was class 10. That was about a decade ago though. Has he had a major upgrade in last few years? He's had a strength upgrade several years ago but it hasn't been addressed in books ever since Brand New Day. But that's not the reason people say he's class 25, it's just most of his handbooks as it's often the case are stuck in the 60s. But I remember reading one that said his strength reaches "uncharted" territory when he's pissed. Either way he pulls class 20+ feats every other month.

Stoic
Jason is just Deadpool with no skillz.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by CadenceV2
honestly comic Jason is more in line with Captain America or Batman. Not Spider Man.
My respect thread for comics Jason.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/friday-the-13th-respect-thread-1502766/

Those two don't come close to Spidey though :/

Perceiver1
Spidey is class 25 atleast. Thats like a Bus hitting Jason multiple times per second... he hasn't shown the ability to regen from goo.

I think your seriously underestimating Jason's durability. As stated he's survived explosions, houses collapsing on him, and being hit with hard core futuristic weapons (Jason X).

I say Pete can do nothing to him with his bare hands alone.

Perceiver1
Jason is just Deadpool with no skillz.

Yeah but Unlike Deadpool Jason also doesn't really feel pain, which makes it a hairy situation if he gets hold of you. You can't just hurt him to make him let you go.

iceman24567
I think your seriously underestimating Jason's durability. As stated he's survived explosions, houses collapsing on him, and being hit with hard core futuristic weapons (Jason X).

I say Pete can do nothing to him with his bare hands alone. You realize Spiderman has tanked explosions and shit too right?

SamZED

I say Pete can do nothing to him with his bare hands alone. That's a stretch IMO. Those are nice feats but most peak humans have those. Pete with his bare hands has hurt characters with insane durability. He's punched through Iron Man's armor on several occasions, hurt Thing etc and that's me leaving the obvious PIS showings aside. Jason is not alive technically so no reason for Pete to pull his punches and when he goes all out he can dish some serious damage. More than Jason's durability can handle IMO.

Galan007
jason was down for the count after being shot to shit in jason x... had to be repaired by the nanites, iirc.

D-Block
Originally posted by Reflassshh

Silent Master
Yeah but Unlike Deadpool Jason also doesn't really feel pain, which makes it a hairy situation if he gets hold of you. You can't just hurt him to make him let you go.

Given Spider-man's speed, agility and spider-sense....how exactly is Jason ever going to even touch him?

SamZED
Pain was never an issue for Deadpool, he's used to it. At one point he chewed his own arm off.

Jason is just Deadpool with no skillz. And stats besides strength.

Perceiver1
Originally posted by SamZED
That's a stretch IMO. Those are nice feats but most peak humans have those. Pete with his bare hands has hurt characters with insane durability. He's punched through Iron Man's armor on several occasions, hurt Thing etc and that's me leaving the obvious PIS showings aside. Jason is not alive technically so no reason for Pete to pull his punches and when he goes all out he can dish some serious damage. More than Jason's durability can handle IMO.

Peak human? Did you just compare Captain America's durability to Jason's?

Personally I think if Spidey is punching through Iron Man's armor it's already PIS

Silent Master

Personally I think if Spidey is punching through Iron Man's armor it's already PIS

Kind of like Jason being able to even touch someone with Spider-man's speed and spider-sense would be PIS, right?

tacolover16
Simply Jason rember he can put a meachety threw a entire tree and a girl

Branlor Swift
Spider Man doesn't even need his agility or speed to win here. Jason's only advantage in threads would be overwhelming force or durability. Something Peter Porker out classes him in both aspects by a large degree.

This isn't even close.

Silent Master
Originally posted by tacolover16
Simply Jason rember he can put a meachety threw a entire tree and a girl

So?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by tacolover16
Simply Jason rember he can put a meachety threw a entire tree and a girl meachety

Perceiver1
Kind of like Jason being able to even touch someone with Spider-man's speed and spider-sense would be PIS, right?

Whoever said he could? I didn't.

Silent Master
Whoever said he could? I didn't.

So you agree that Jason has zero chance of winning?

Perceiver1
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Spider Man doesn't even need his agility or speed to win here. Jason's only advantage in threads would be overwhelming force or durability. Something Peter Porker out classes him in both aspects by a large degree.

This isn't even close.

So question, why does Spiderman bother to dodge bullets if he could just brush them off like Jason does?

Branlor Swift
So question, why does Spiderman bother to dodge bullets if he could just brush them off like Jason does? Because he isn't a stupid "immortal" zombie that can soak up bullets.

Bullets still pierce Jason just as easy if not easier than Spider Guy.

SamZED

Personally I think if Spidey is punching through Iron Man's armor it's already PIS I compared particular feats mentioned on the previous page and yes Cap has survived similar things and more. What reasoning do you use when you assume that Pete can't do anything to Jason with his bare hands? It's better be something beside the two feats mentioned on page two.
I'd agree if it wasn't for the fact he's damaged his armor almost every time they fought. And it's consistent with his other punching feats.

Stoic

Let go? Lol Peter would punch his head right off of his body. Who do you think is actually stronger here? Peter can lift train cars for crying out loud. He'd just flex, and Jason's arms would pop off. Spider man isn't some rent a Cop, or helpless camper that gets caught butt naked in a shower scene. He'd know that Jason was going to walk into the room before he ever touched the door knob. This really is a no contest.

Bentley
Spite.

KingD19
Spidey beats Jason...With Jason.

maxivitopowe
There is no point comparing Spidey to cap or Batman because again
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Those two don't come close to Spidey though :/

Perceiver1
So you agree that Jason has zero chance of winning?

"winning"? Well I think Spidey is too fast (even in the room with a low ceiling that i have provided)

Perceiver1
I compared particular feats mentioned on the previous page and yes Cap has survived similar things and more. What reasoning do you use when you assume that Pete can't do anything to Jason with his bare hands? It's better be something beside the two feats mentioned on page two.
I'd agree if it wasn't for the fact he's damaged his armor almost every time they fought. And it's consistent with his other punching feats. mad

I'd have to see the comic (a scan, a reference or something) for when Captain America was blown up INSIDE of house and then came back in the same comic.

That is far from a "peak human " feat.

Given all of the things Iron man's armor endures Peter being able to PUNCH through his armor is consistent with his other feats?! I see.

KingD19
In AvX Gambit charged Cap's armor and it blew up while he was wearing it. He was a little bloody but otherwise fine.

Laminator_X

I say Pete can do nothing to him with his bare hands alone.

How about tear him limb from limb? Pete's not usually that brutal, but once he realizes he's dealing with a zombie all bets are off.

SamZED
mad

I'd have to see the comic (a scan, a reference or something) for when Captain America was blown up INSIDE of house and then came back in the same comic.

That is far from a "peak human " feat.

Given all of the things Iron man's armor endures Peter being able to PUNCH through his armor is consistent with his other feats?! I see. Consistent to Spider-man, yes. Can think of four different occasions where Pete damaged Iron Man's armor. Then he's hurt chars with arguably better durability like Namor, Thing etc. if that's not enough, it was stated on panel that he hits so hard he is forced to pull punches even when fighting other superhumans like Goblin. So yes, it's consistent. I really want to know what do you base the idea on that Jason (who it appears is not even bulletproof) can no sold Pete's punches when people with far greater durability can't.

As for Cap he's done too many crazy feats to list but the one posted above is a good example. Gambit charged his armor while Steve was wearing it. Barely slowed him down.

Perceiver1
Consistent to Spider-man, yes. Can think of four different occasions where Pete damaged Iron Man's armor. Then he's hurt chars with arguably better durability like Namor, Thing etc. if that's not enough, it was stated on panel that he hits so hard he is forced to pull punches even when fighting other superhumans like Goblin. So yes, it's consistent. I really want to know what do you base the idea on that Jason (who it appears is not even bulletproof) can no sold Pete's punches when people with far greater durability can't.

As for Cap he's done too many crazy feats to list but the one posted above is a good example. Gambit charged his armor while Steve was wearing it. Barely slowed him down.

I don't know where that orange emoticon came from lol I must have inserted by accident.

Anyway, I think there is a difference between an explosion scaled to around the size of a suit of armor and one scaled to the size of a house that you are inside of (also Gambit can create low level explosions by only inserting a little explosive energy so it's even going to vary on that level.

And I don't know, I'm having difficulty believing that half of this stuff is not PIS. I mean you mention Spiderman hurting The Thing with punches. Is that the same Thing that takes punches from Hulk?!

Also, even if Spidey could manage to ultimately knocks off his head....he's a zombie. That doesn't really kill zombies.

SamZED
I don't know where that orange emoticon came from lol I must have inserted by accident.

Anyway, I think there is a difference between an explosion scaled to around the size of a suit of armor and one scaled to the size of a house that you are inside of (also Gambit can create low level explosions by only inserting a little explosive energy so it's even going to vary on that level.

And I don't know I'm having difficulty believing that half of this stuff is not PIS. I mean you mention Spiderman hurting The Thing with punches. Is that the same Thing that takes punches from Hulk?!

Also, even if Spidey could manage to ultimately knocks off his head....he's a zombie. That doesn't really kill zombies. lol I was wondering about that smilie, thought you were mad at me all of a sudden lol

As for the explosion, it's difficult for me to give a similar feat because I haven't seen the one you're talking about. Peak humans survive exploding building pretty often but I admit that surviving and walking away unscratched are two different things, either way I don't believe that's enough to say Jason can no sell punches from someone like Pete especially if he's not holding back.

Thing about Spider-man many people still view him as an average class 10 characters like Goblin, Scorpion and others. When in most books they make a point of showing him surpassing that level once the kiddie gloves are off. Thing and Namor and Iron Man are just few examples. I remember when Pete fought the Digger (an undead class 60 monster) in the sewers. Pete "killed" him and the shockwave from the last punch ripped through concrete of the street above, people actually thought it was an earth quake. He's supported 100 ton structures when under stress, he's landed a private plane on his shoulders supporting a broken wheel, he's broken 3-foot thick carbonadium tentacle, he's smashed tanks with his bare hands, when Ock took over Pete's mind he punched an upgraded Scorpion and took his jaw clean off, the same Scorpion that laughed after being punched by Miss Marvel and after falling from an orbit. And this list goes on and on, he is consistently written that way. Taking all that into consideration he should be able to punch Jason's head clean off, undead or not that'd surely help Pete last the required 15 minutes against Jason. Then there's the speed and bullet time reflexes on top. And the kung fu training he received from Shang Chi that made him good enough to speed blitz and take down three villains who all had similar spider powers. Took him like a second.

GroggyGrunt
I'd point out that a clear distinction exists between lifting strength and punching strength. A pro boxer can put out 1000+ psi in a punch, doesn't mean he's lifting 1000 lbs in his weight routine.

One of Spidey's powers that often gets overlooked (besides a minor healing factor) is his ability to find and stay in perfect equilibrium. This basically makes him a naturally gifted fighter, as he is able to maintain perfect physical structure throughout long strings of movements.

Laminator_X
If nothing else. Peter could just put him in a full nelson and stand there for fifteen minutes making cracks about the smell. What's Jason going to do?

KingD19
There is a distinction, but Spidey can lift and punch at a decently high multi-ton level. A high enough level that since Jason is a zombie, he can easily access and dismember him with ease.

As Sam pointed out, he's held up buildings, he once held up a subway car, etc... And he pointed out many high end striking feats that he can pull out any time he actually stops giving a f*ck about the person he's fighting. It's not a rare occurrence, it just seems that way since he's so prone to hold back.

Also, even if Spidey could manage to ultimately knocks off his head....he's a zombie. That doesn't really kill zombies.

...Whut? Decapitation, brain damage, severing the spinal chord, etc... These are the best ways ever to kill zombies.

Badabing
Moved to the appropriate forum.

GroggyGrunt
Originally posted by KingD19
There is a distinction, but Spidey can lift and punch at a decently high multi-ton level.

Yup, agreed. What I was saying is that Spidey being able to lift 10 tons (and I know he's had better showings, but for the sake of argument) doesn't mean he's only hitting with 10 tons of force. He's hitting with multiple times that amount.

I'm on Spidey's side here. thumb up

Also agreed. I'm confused by the notion that taking off the head wouldn't stop a zombie. But even if it didn't, Webs could always rip off all his limbs and stick them in different corners of the room. big grin

KingD19
Okay I misunderstood what you meant. But we are in agreement on that and about the decapitation thing which is pretty much...what modern zombie culture is based around. There are many different types of zombie, but you screw up the head and they all die.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.