Hero of Umbara vs Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Force, Lightsabers, All-out?

NewGuy01
Mace in a close fight. HoU is no joke, though, she's like the Raskta Lsu of the CW era.

Nephthys
The Hero of Umbara beat Dooku and Yoda, he's more like the HoT or Luke Skywalker of the CW era.

NewGuy01
No really, he defeated Yoda in a sabers-only sparring match--This likely isn't something Mace has never accomplished.

HoU's best feat is driving off the Maul brothers, which Kenobi also accomplished. Only difference is that HoU's feat was on what may be a Nexus.

I see the HoU being vey Raskta-Lsu-like considering they're both Jedi weapons masters, and by extension are both likely weak in Force application whilst hardcore duelists.

Nephthys
Huh, I thought he beat Dooku, Anakin, Windu and others too.

Selenial
Never really played that Tripe of a game, but firstly, is that even canon?
Secondly, there's nothing really to say that he did ever stage of the fights with masters, just because the Commander of Havoc Squad can solo Darth Malgus/SOA, doesn't mean that she actually did.

NewGuy01
Those weren't real, all out battles, though. Winning sparring matches proves that at least as a duelist he's on par with the upper ends like them, but his victory over the Maul Brothers is his best overall feat, as well as the game's final boss.

Nephthys
Newguy has a thread in the discussion forum about whether its canon or not.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Selenial
Never really played that Tripe of a game, but firstly, is that even canon?
Secondly, there's nothing really to say that he did ever stage of the fights with masters, just because the Commander of Havoc Squad can solo Darth Malgus/SOA, doesn't mean that she actually did.

Previously, it wasn't really known, but events that only happened in the game were mentioned in Shadow Conspiracy, so I'd say yeah.

Well, I would assume that all levels are completed. And of course, the matches can only be played solo.

DarthAnt66
No. He defeated Dooku and Grievous in Grievous' castle. I consider that his greatest feat, something Mace Windu could not do:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duel_at_Grievous%27s_castle (In case you guys think I am bullshitting you, which I'm not).
He also outdueled Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and practically every major Jedi of the order in sparring matches.

Selenial
Yeh.... I'm rolling with non canon.

So many quotes would be destroyed by this game, unless you go with the opinion that the temple matches were sparring not full out and it doesn't count....

DarthAnt66
Anyway though, I am going with the Hero of Umbara. I rank him up with the Hero of Tython, Revan, and Anakin Skywalker to be honest.
Very close fight, though Hero is simply the superior duelist, and has demonstrated the ability to best opponents like Dooku, where Mace has not.

Nephthys
Grievous has a castle?

Lol, what a nerd!

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Grievous has a castle?

Lol, what a nerd!
Don't you watch The Clone Wars? no expression That is where him and Kit Fisto fought.

Selenial
What event was supposedly legitimized?

Just really can't believe that this game is canon, seeing as that would supposedly legitimize Halloween as a real holiday in which the Jedi decorate their entire temple with cobwebs and pumpkins...

Nephthys
Same. It all seems like total bullshit.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Don't you watch The Clone Wars?

No.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Selenial
What event was supposedly legitimized?

Just really can't believe that this game is canon, seeing as that would supposedly legitimize Halloween as a real holiday in which the Jedi decorate their entire temple with cobwebs and pumpkins...

True, but Maul mentioned the Umbra arc in Shadow Conspiray, and as far as I know there aren't any other sources that describe this event.

Selenial
Originally posted by NewGuy01
True, but Maul mentioned the Umbra arc in Shadow Conspiray, and as far as I know there aren't any other sources that describe this event.

What did he specifically say? There were other activities on Umbara.

Nephthys
True. Maybe he was just talking about the stuff with Krell and the clones?

DARTH POWER
He said his lessons on Umbara contributed to him becoming stronger... I think that was the line anyway. Not got the book on me right now so can't check.

carthage
Mace gets his ass kicked

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.