Superboy Prime vs Death Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who's the Victor?

Tony Stark
DS stomps

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Tony Stark
DS stomps

Bentley
Well, so far Death Sentry has never been defeated, but he doesn't have any particular high feats that put him on Prime's scale.

So yeah, I have to side with my boy Prime here, maybe more showings could convince me of the opposite though, unlike regular Sentry/Void, Death Sentry seems to have some potential.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Bentley
Well, so far Death Sentry has never been defeated, but he doesn't have any particular high feats that put him on Prime's scale.

So yeah, I have to side with my boy Prime here, maybe more showings could convince me of the opposite though, unlike regular Sentry/Void, Death Sentry seems to have some potential.

janus77
DS lost to the giant worm.

quanchi112
Sentry wins. Carver is in pain hence the thread.

iceman24567
Originally posted by janus77
DS lost to the giant worm. laughing anyways Prime wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
laughing anyways Prime wins Teen Titans. Based on ?

CadenceV2
DS Sentry has all the powers of his Void self. I see no reason why he is being seen featless here?

he has easily owned Dr. Strange, the F4, X-Men, and New Avengers at the same time during the time when Emma was trying to restore his mind.

Off panel it was stated he took on Galactus as sentry.

He easily owned the world busting Terrax, easily.

He basically took down Molecule Man when he realized the scope of his powers.

He pretty much help negate a Celestial (IIRC this one) from doing what it wanted with strength.

He took down all of Asgard, Doom, Norn Stone Loki, Thor, New Avengers, Dark Avengers, and more in Siege. He allowed himself to be beaten by Thor and still lived.

I just do not see why DS Sentry has no feats here. He may had a amp in the Death Seed, but the fact ios he still possessed all the powers of his original Sentry/Void self.

iceman24567
Sentry never took on Galactus solo off panel

CadenceV2

No?

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4300/1057617sentrygalactusco.jpg

You were saying?

iceman24567
Originally posted by CadenceV2
No?

You were saying? I was saying you were wrong he was aided by Nate Grey

Insane Titan
No?

You were saying? again no he never it's just Spider-man talking Sentry up.

When was this time Sentry fought Galactus? Was it the time Galactus came to earth and no one knew except Spidey and Sentry? Or was it one of Spider-mans many space adventures he stumbled across them fighting?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Insane Titan
again no he never it's just Spider-man talking Sentry up.

When was this time Sentry fought Galactus? Was it the time Galactus came to earth and no one knew except Spidey and Sentry? Or was it one of Spider-mans many space adventures he stumbled across them fighting?

It was him and Nate Grey.

http://i.imgur.com/wwFk5Fnl.jpg

iceman24567
Yeah we dont take off panel encounters seriously anyway.

God Cloth Seiya
Superboy prime.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot

http://i.imgur.com/wwFk5Fnl.jpg I've read that, still not worth much value as a off panel comment.

CadenceV2
I was saying you were wrong he was aided by Nate Grey

And yet he still took on Galactus. Whats your point?

iceman24567
And yet he still took on Galactus. Whats your point? I thought my point was perfectly clear
Its pretty damn clear

CadenceV2
I thought my point was perfectly clear

Its pretty damn clear

I never said he took on Galactus solo. You said that. I stated he took on Galactus off panel.

Off panel it was stated he took on Galactus as sentry.

I was right in that.

So again, whats your point? stuffing words I never wrote down my mouth? in that way I guess you succeeded smile

iceman24567
I never said he took on Galactus solo. You said that. I stated he took on Galactus off panel.

I was right in that.

So again, whats your point? stuffing words I never wrote down my mouth? in that way I guess you succeeded smile Do i have to quote myself again? My point was it was a shared feat so it diminishes the feat drastically. Not to mention it was off panel so not sure why you are using it as an argument as to why he beats Prime. I never once claimed you said he did it solo but you did leave it out and after i stated said fact you got smug and showed the original feat instead of the updated canon feat so good job thumb up

Insane Titan
Do i have to quote myself again? My point was it was a shared feat so it diminishes the feat drastically. Not to mention it was off panel so not sure why you are using it as an argument as to why he beats Prime. I never once claimed you said he did it solo but you did leave it out and after i stated said fact you got smug and showed the original feat instead of the updated canon feat so good job thumb up thumb up

CadenceV2
Do i have to quote myself again? My point was it was a shared feat so it diminishes the feat drastically. Not to mention it was off panel so not sure why you are using it as an argument as to why he beats Prime. I never once claimed you said he did it solo but you did leave it out and after i stated said fact you got smug and showed the original feat instead of the updated canon feat so good job thumb up

Cool story bro, does not change the fact at all that all I said was Sentry took on Galactus, and you stuff words in my mouth of me saying Sentry solo. You said that here.

If thats the best you can do for a argument, twisting my words, then thats on you smile

CadenceV2
Also can any fan of SBP post scans of SBP resisting molecule manipulation? Anyone?

iceman24567
Cool story bro, does not change the fact at all that all I said was Sentry took on Galactus, and you stuff words in my mouth of me saying Sentry solo. You said that here.

If thats the best you can do for a argument, twisting my words, then thats on you smile I stated a fact i didnt twist anything not my fault you left out the details and context no expression

CadenceV2
I stated a fact i didnt twist anything not my fault you left out the details and context no expression

My fault I left out a 12 page essay on details? maybe your fault for assuming? Assumption is the mother of all f**k ups you know smile

Anyway its not really that relevant when compared to the host of feats Sentry has with it. His Molecule Manipulation is also something SBP cannot get past in this fight from all the SBP scans I seen. He is a physical powerhouse, which means nothing to a being who can turn you into a dog turd.

iceman24567
My fault I left out a 12 page essay on details? maybe your fault for assuming? Assumption is the mother of all f**k ups you know smile

Anyway its not really that relevant when compared to the host of feats Sentry has with it. His Molecule Manipulation is also something SBP cannot get past in this fight from all the SBP scans I seen. He is a physical powerhouse, which means nothing to a being who can turn you into a dog turd. What would people that actually knew nothing of the feat assume? Not my fault you posted outdated scans

CadenceV2
What would people that actually knew nothing of the feat assume? Not my fault you posted outdated scans

There is nothing outdated about he scan actually.

Can you prove Sentry did not fight Galactus more than once?
Can you prove Sentry did not do most of the work when him and Nate fought Galactus?

I posted the fact we know from two sources that Sentry fought Galactus. One stating he stalemated him.

Nothing about Nate makes the Spider Man comment outdated. Vague at best.

Anyway you seem to assume a lot. Good day smile

iceman24567
The feat itself is vague and inadmissible erm

eaebiakuya
Took on Galactus is very vague. Thing alredy took on Galactus too...

About the fight, im not sure if Prime can put Sentry down. He will always reform.

Prof. T.C McAbe
SBP rips him to pieces and scatters him across the whole Universe.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
SBP rips him to pieces and scatters him across the whole Universe.

And Sentry reforms instantly while increasing his stats via molecule manipulation.

I noticed your post was incomplete smile I filled it in for ya.

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
Teen Titans. Based on ?

Didn't Thanos loses to some stairs once? I guess we can use a low ball to represent Thanos now.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
SBP rips him to pieces and scatters him across the whole Universe. Teen titans. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
Didn't Thanos loses to some stairs once? I guess we can use a low ball to represent Thanos now. No, that was Darkseid.

laughing out loud

laughing out loud

Insane Titan
Lol at squallx

God Cloth Seiya
Teen titans. laughing out loud Worm.

quanchi112
Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
Worm. Prime has no relevance to the worm. The power of the teen titans was enough to crush Prime and Sentry's power greatly exceeds that. Sentry beats him down.

God Cloth Seiya
Prime has no relevance to the worm. The power of the teen titans was enough to crush Prime and Sentry's power greatly exceeds that. Sentry beats him down.
Teen titans > The worm that owned sentry

quanchi112
Teen titans > The worm that owned sentry Irrelevant. The titans can't replicate the worm but Sentry can greatly exceed the force of the titans that rapes Prime.

Believe that.

smile

God Cloth Seiya
Irrelevant. So we get to lowball supes but we can't do the same for sentry.

Lol.

quanchi112
So we get to lowball supes but we can't do the same for sentry.

Lol. All feats are canon but Prime can't replicate it. Sentry exceeds the force used there. He can also reform. It isn't the teen titans showing alone which proves my case.

God Cloth Seiya
All feats are canon but Prime can't replicate it. Sentry exceeds the force used there. He can also reform. It isn't the teen titans showing alone which proves my case.

So sentry can replicate primes feats?

Like altering reality with a punch and surviving a universal blast?

Also why did you run away from carver in the Khan vs Vader BZ?

Bentley
Teen titans. laughing out loud

We have gone through this, you will always ignore that he was depowered in that showing because you use it as a lullaby to go to sleep thumb up

iceman24567
Prime wins

quanchi112
We have gone through this, you will always ignore that he was depowered in that showing because you use it as a lullaby to go to sleep thumb up Prove it. Quit making things up, fanboy.

Bentley
Prove it. Quit making things up, fanboy.

Battle in night time, Prime entirely depowered in his previous appearance. His showings clearly show how much more powerful he is in direct combat with the sun and in his armor.

Now, keep twisting feats for your convenience can you?

iceman24567
Battle in night time, Prime entirely depowered in his previous appearance. His showings clearly show how much more powerful he is in direct combat with the sun and in his armor.

Now, keep twisting feats for your convenience can you? Of course he can and he will rather than actually debating thumb up

God Cloth Seiya
We have gone through this, you will always ignore that he was depowered in that showing because you use it as a lullaby to go to sleep thumb up thumb up

carver9
I thought Prime had his armor on that absorbs sunlight, even during the night, when be faced the titans. Am I wrong on this?

iceman24567
He actually had his armor even though he was plucked from the Prime universe armorless

Bentley
Originally posted by carver9
I thought Prime had his armor on that absorbs sunlight, even during the night, when be faced the titans. Am I wrong on this?

He was wearing the armor, which obviously must be empowering him since otherwise he has no powers. However if you go back to the Sinestro Corps Wars you can see the difference between how Prime behaves with just his armor and when he touches the sun with his finger. It's a total gamechanger on him.

quanchi112

Now, keep twisting feats for your convenience can you? Suit. He wore the suit and it empowers him. At no time in that specific arc was he mentioned as depowered or weakened.

smile

carver9
He was wearing the armor, which obviously must be empowering him since otherwise he has no powers. However if you go back to the Sinestro Corps Wars you can see the difference between how Prime behaves with just his armor and when he touches the sun with his finger. It's a total gamechanger on him.

He pushed a group of heros off of him when the sun touched him and an inexperienced Ion fought him to a stalemate with the sun completely out in the same arc until he was weakened from being around his metal weakness. Don't see where you are going with this. With his armor on, at night, he tanked punches from Black Adam like nothing. That doesn't include his other showings with the armor as well.

His armor absorbs sunlight at all times. Basically keeps him at full power.

Prof. T.C McAbe
So we get to lowball supes but we can't do the same for sentry.

Lol.

As far as i know the teen titans are considered lowballing by the mods. wink

NemeBro
He pushed a group of heros off of him when the sun touched him and an inexperienced Ion fought him to a stalemate with the sun completely out in the same arc until he was weakened from being around his metal weakness. Don't see where you are going with this. With his armor on, at night, he tanked punches from Black Adam like nothing. That doesn't include his other showings with the armor as well.

His armor absorbs sunlight at all times. Basically keeps him at full power. Right, he went from having trouble with a team of heroes to overpowering the entire team of heroes when he actually got some real sunlight. Pretty easy to follow.

He beat Ion. Get your "stalemate" shit out of here.

celeyhyga17
Slight edge to SBP

leonidas
prime because in my entire history on this site quan has never been right about anything. ever.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by leonidas
prime because in my entire history on this site quan has never been right about anything. ever.

While I do not know Quan personally on anything, I am rather curious how Prime beats a being who has never been KOed post Molecule Man fight or as DS Sentry? How Prime survives molecule manipulation?

As far as I know, Prime is a physical force. Thats it. It takes magic or cosmic powers to even affect someone like post Molecule Man or DS Sentry.

Im not understanding the logic, by this reasoning Prime can beat Spawn, Swamp Thing, or Ghost Rider. Beings who cannot be harm or defeated at all by physical or science base force alone. At all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by leonidas
prime because in my entire history on this site quan has never been right about anything. ever. Sentry can reform and has power in spades to ko Prime. Now be quiet or I'll send Digi to finish you, sport.

Golgo13
Prime.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
Prime. Based on ?

carver9
Originally posted by NemeBro
Right, he went from having trouble with a team of heroes to overpowering the entire team of heroes when he actually got some real sunlight. Pretty easy to follow.

He beat Ion. Get your "stalemate" shit out of here.

Did you not read the part where I said "until is weakness was exploited"? That was the ONLY time Prime gained an advantage.

Zack Fair
Which goes to show Prime ain't as stupid as people think.

BTW wasn't Prime exposed to red sunlight and all when the DC heroes gangbanged him? Don't remember the entire fight. If I remember correctly they went all "We gonna depower and beat the shit out of you punk!" And someone went all "Mini red sun thingy on him" Prime tried to escape and they intercepted him on the bridge. Laid the smackdown on him until the sun hit his finger.

Odekahn
Prime wins

Tony Stark
I was saying you were wrong he was aided by Nate Grey

Who says that they weren't separate battles?

Tony Stark

http://i.imgur.com/wwFk5Fnl.jpg

I love Nate trying to turn SENTRY into Robin rolling on floor laughing

iceman24567
Who says that they weren't separate battles? Believe what you want but i highly doubt they were separate

SquallX
No, that was Darkseid.

laughing out loud

laughing out loud

Fine, handcuffs.

quanchi112
Fine, handcuffs. Not canon.

laughing out loud

Branlor Swift
If the allusion is that Nate and Sentry fought Blood and Thunder Thor does that mean they got their asses handed to them too?

Bentley
Suit. He wore the suit and it empowers him. At no time in that specific arc was he mentioned as depowered or weakened.

smile

He was depowered inmediately before that arc and the suit has always been less formidable on him. You go again with your fact twisting thumb up

His armor absorbs sunlight at all times. Basically keeps him at full power.

Depowered Prime would punk Adam, what's so hard to understand about it? Black Adam has been stomped by a bunch of scientist nerds, the Teen Titans would gangr*ape him harder.

While I do not know Quan personally on anything, I am rather curious how Prime beats a being who has never been KOed post Molecule Man fight or as DS Sentry? How Prime survives molecule manipulation?

As far as I know, Prime is a physical force. Thats it. It takes magic or cosmic powers to even affect someone like post Molecule Man or DS Sentry.

Im not understanding the logic, by this reasoning Prime can beat Spawn, Swamp Thing, or Ghost Rider. Beings who cannot be harm or defeated at all by physical or science base force alone. At all.

I love the fact Sentry "has never been koed", as if the moment in which he was murdered didn't count, right?

SquallX
People using Prime losing to the TT as a way to downgrade him. Yet they completely forgetting that one of the TT's most formidable enemy is Trigon himself.

So I guess if we have Trigon vs Sentry, Sentry would win since Trigon has lost to the Titans?

iceman24567
Prime wins

quanchi112
He was depowered inmediately before that arc and the suit has always been less formidable on him. You go again with your fact twisting thumb up

Depowered Prime would punk Adam, what's so hard to understand about it? Black Adam has been stomped by a bunch of scientist nerds, the Teen Titans would gangr*ape him harder.

I love the fact Sentry "has never been koed", as if the moment in which he was murdered didn't count, right? No, the suit wasn't used as some weakness for him. It empowered him and nowhere in the arc was it even alluded to. You are reaching there due to your personal preferences. We go by the story at hand and not some kind of twisting to cover up his beatdown at the hands of the Titans.

quanchi112
People using Prime losing to the TT as a way to downgrade him. Yet they completely forgetting that one of the TT's most formidable enemy is Trigon himself.

So I guess if we have Trigon vs Sentry, Sentry would win since Trigon has lost to the Titans? Context. Quit avoiding it.

Laminator_X
If current Sentry can peel his head apart and let people pound on his brains just to make a point, what is Prime going to do to him, exactly?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Laminator_X
If current Sentry can peel his head apart and let people pound on his brains just to make a point, what is Prime going to do to him, exactly? Ask the fanboys. Logic goes right out the window and all you'll hear is Prime wins without one solid piece of evidence to support it.

Bentley
No, the suit wasn't used as some weakness for him. It empowered him and nowhere in the arc was it even alluded to. You are reaching there due to your personal preferences. We go by the story at hand and not some kind of twisting to cover up his beatdown at the hands of the Titans.

We aknowledge that Prime is more powerful without that suit and that he came from a depowered state instead of isolating a showing and trying to define the character through it thumb up

SquallX
Context. Quit avoiding it.

You're a ****ing idiot.

quanchi112
You're a ****ing idiot. Concession accepted.

quanchi112
We aknowledge that Prime is more powerful without that suit and that he came from a depowered state instead of isolating a showing and trying to define the character through it thumb up Prime was empowered by the suit. The environment doesn't have to favor him. You are trying to rig the matchup. Prime being dependent on the sun is his own problem but with the suit it doesn't matter since he is empowered through it.

Sentry wins. Nothing Prime can do can put him down.

laughing out loud

Bentley
The environment doesn't have to favor him. You are trying to rig the matchup. Prime being dependent on the sun is his own problem

Regular sunlight is not rigging the matchup, it's actually admitting characters fight with their usual powersets. In any case it hardly seems fair to just assume they'll be fighting in a situation that is entirely against them by default.

quanchi112
Regular sunlight is not rigging the matchup, it's actually admitting characters fight with their usual powersets. In any case it hardly seems fair to just assume they'll be fighting in a situation that is entirely against them by default. It is rigging the time of day and the location. Prime has a suit to empower him so please quit ignoring his showings. He doesn't hide indoors while it is nighttime, kiddo.

There is still no way for him to put the Sentry down.

Tony Stark
Believe what you want but i highly doubt they were separate

Did Spiderman say that Nate and SENTRY stalemated Galactus...? Happy Dance

iceman24567
Did Spiderman say that Nate and SENTRY stalemated Galactus...? Happy Dance LOL Spidey can kick rocks my friend

Blue Area Vet
DS wins this. How could he loose?

SquallX
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
DS wins this. How could he loose?

What has DS done that remotely puts him in Primes league?

quanchi112
What has DS done that remotely puts him in Primes league? Exitar feat and toying with Thor puts him beyond Prime's league. Superboy, bro.

Tony Stark
What has DS done that remotely puts him in Primes league?

no expression

SquallX
Exitar feat and toying with Thor puts him beyond Prime's league. Superboy, bro.

The only one worth mentioning is the Exitar feat. Prime has beaten far more powerful being than Thor.

Prime at his height in the Pre Crisis Era battled the Anti Monitor.

Bentley
Exitar was a shared feat thumb up

Laminator_X
Still, if Sentry can be standing there with his head peeled open and (let himself?) get sucker-hammered in the brain and lighteninged by Mjolnir and just casually get up and be all, "Hey Thor, thanks for killing me, spending years roasting in the Sun really cleared my head." - I ask again: Prime proponents, what exactly to you see Clark doing to win here? Punching him? Heat vision? Freeze breath? What's he got that'll do any harm?

Bentley
We've seen regular Sentry/Void regenerate from seemingly lethal damage but he still got murdered by Thor. That's the thing about healing factors: they run out.

bbrem123
you're taking that whole instance out of context. Bad Bentley.

Bentley
Originally posted by bbrem123
you're taking that whole instance out of context. Bad Bentley.

You know Void was a mitomaniac, there is no reason for us to take his invincibility claims at face value -if that's what you're referring to-.

I'm open to redefine my position when we get more feats for Death Sentry though.

bbrem123
I would love more feats from DS. He has some great ones, but they are only a limited few. He has yet to really be tested.

One_Angry_Scot
You know Void was a mitomaniac, there is no reason for us to take his invincibility claims at face value -if that's what you're referring to-.

I'm open to redefine my position when we get more feats for Death Sentry though.

He got killed by Thor because Robert wanted to die.

Bentley
I would love more feats from DS. He has some great ones, but they are only a limited few. He has yet to really be tested.

Yes, I hope the writers that handle the character from now on give him a fair shot. His new outlook on his existence could make him a very entertaining cosmic character.

SquallX
He got killed by Thor because Robert wanted to die.

By the time Primes done with him, he'll want to die.

One_Angry_Scot
By the time Primes done with him, he'll want to die.

Don't think so, he only wanted to die/ be put down before as he was afraid of showing his power. Now he is not.

quanchi112
The only one worth mentioning is the Exitar feat. Prime has beaten far more powerful being than Thor.

Prime at his height in the Pre Crisis Era battled the Anti Monitor. You are ignoring the context. Sentry has taken on Galactus, Exitar. Boom.

quanchi112
We've seen regular Sentry/Void regenerate from seemingly lethal damage but he still got murdered by Thor. That's the thing about healing factors: they run out. Due to Bob forcing him to do so. It didn't run out he simply didn't want to come back. The writer even confirmed it. Quit denying the context in a sad attempt to pull for Prime.

SquallX
You are ignoring the context. Sentry has taken on Galactus, Exitar. Boom.

Prime has also taking on Pre Crisis Anti Monitor near his peak of power in the COIE.

A weaker Prime survived a Universal blast at point blank, an even weaker Prime treated Mordru like a joke.

An even weaker Prime beat the shit out of Ion.

An even weaker Prime beat the shit out of Superman/Powergirl/supergirl/WW after he spent months in a jail near a red star, that was after he almost killed Ion.

Reflassshh
Prime wins, no limits fallacy needs to stop.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Prime wins, no limits fallacy needs to stop. It wont stop until Thor kills him again no expression

One_Angry_Scot
It wont stop until Thor kills him again no expression

There was a context to Thor killing him, Robert wanted to die.

quanchi112
Prime has also taking on Pre Crisis Anti Monitor near his peak of power in the COIE.

A weaker Prime survived a Universal blast at point blank, an even weaker Prime treated Mordru like a joke.

An even weaker Prime beat the shit out of Ion.

An even weaker Prime beat the shit out of Superman/Powergirl/supergirl/WW after he spent months in a jail near a red star, that was after he almost killed Ion. With a group of heroes. One could say Spider-Man took on the infinity gauntlet by this horseshit logic.

Prove that.

Prime is highly resistant to magical energies so don't ignore the context. Sentry doesn't bring the magic so that is irrelevant.

Ion was a noob with his powers and was captured by Mongul with sinestro rings.

Anything else ?

SquallX
With a group of heroes. One could say Spider-Man took on the infinity gauntlet by this horseshit logic.

Prove that.

Prime is highly resistant to magical energies so don't ignore the context. Sentry doesn't bring the magic so that is irrelevant.

Ion was a noob with his powers and was captured by Mongul with sinestro rings.

Anything else ?

You are so ****ing dense that you flip shot around to make you not sound like an idiot.

Comparing Prime with Peter is damn asinine. I guess you forgot that Prime was beneficial in the final fight against Anti Monitor. Where as in the IG, the likes of Peter was there just to be there.

Prove what? You're idiotic logic? Sorry, I don't work miracles!

I guess you miss all the time that Prime so sold powerful magical hits from Herald to a Skyfather being.

Ion, was still a ****ing beast. You're just a ****ing moron!

Bentley
Due to Bob forcing him to do so. It didn't run out he simply didn't want to come back. The writer even confirmed it. Quit denying the context in a sad attempt to pull for Prime.

We got several sources that suggest otherwise, from Death Sentry admitting Thor sent him to a place where he didn't want to stay and got burnt against his will, to Uatu pointing out an Alternate Sentry almost dying against Ares.

You may call those are iffy, but bringing interviews and content that's not even on comics is much worse thumb up

One_Angry_Scot
We got several sources that suggest otherwise, from Death Sentry admitting Thor sent him to a place where he didn't want to stay and got burnt against his will, to Uatu pointing out an Alternate Sentry almost dying against Ares.

You may call those are iffy, but bringing interviews and content that's not even on comics is much worse thumb up

How is talking about an alternate Universe even relevant? In King Hyperions universe he has killed countless Blue Marvels and Sentry's. But when he came across 616 BM he got ended quickly.

If he wanted to come back why didn't he regenerate when Thor was flying him to the Sun?

He started regenerating in the sun which was probably when the Void was trying to make him heal back.

Much like this.

http://i.imgur.com/TiKBGpBl.jpg

Except from that this time he wanted to die, the Void was trying to push back by helping Robert recover. But he eventually get bored of the cycle and left.

When the Void left Sentry didn't heal into his normal persona did he? He stayed dead as he wanted to be gone. He easily could have returned if he wanted to i.e Molecule Man or Morgana Le Fay but this wan't the case. He only returned when Uriel and Eimin revived him.

Bentley
Void lied and manipulated poor sick Bob. That scan doesn't make him invincible, just makes Bob a guilible character.

quanchi112
You are so ****ing dense that you flip shot around to make you not sound like an idiot.

Comparing Prime with Peter is damn asinine. I guess you forgot that Prime was beneficial in the final fight against Anti Monitor. Where as in the IG, the likes of Peter was there just to be there.

Prove what? You're idiotic logic? Sorry, I don't work miracles!

I guess you miss all the time that Prime so sold powerful magical hits from Herald to a Skyfather being.

Ion, was still a ****ing beast. You're just a ****ing moron! Control your emotions. This makes you look mentally weak.

Spider-Man was beneficial in distracting Thanos for the Surfer. In the end Superboy Prime fought alongside a team against a threat he stood no chance up against him by himself.

Due to being highly resistant to magic which isn't how the Void's powers work. Pay attention.

Ion was kidnapped by Mongul with sinestro rings so what made him beastly ? Nothing.

Sentry beats the crap out of him and regenerates from whatever Prime can dish out.

quanchi112

You may call those are iffy, but bringing interviews and content that's not even on comics is much worse thumb up We had a writer confirm the on panel facts. We also had Sentry regenerate from an atom after this when he wanted to.

An alternate character has nothing to do with the 616 version. You are awful desperate at this point.

Evidence, showings, and a writer already confirmed it. Quit being emotional and accept the facts, Frenchie.

One_Angry_Scot
Void lied and manipulated poor sick Bob. That scan doesn't make him invincible, just makes Bob a guilible character.

Didn't say it made him invincible. You said he got sent to a place where he was burnt against his will when that wasn't the case. Sentry if he wanted to return could have done so when Thor was flying up to the sun but he didn't.

When he was in the sun Bobs will was in a constant battle with the Void. The Void trying to get Sentry to regenerate i.e from the atom Sentry mentions and Sentry would will against it. And the Void eventually got bored and decided the White Hot Room would make for better scenery.

I showed you that scan as evidence that Robert if he wants to can allow the sun to burn him to a skeleton but the Void told Sentry he didn't want it enough. Which allowed Void to take over and Sentry was rehealed.

Like I said before he has regenerated from more damage, the Molecule Man or Morgana Le Fay situation and returned.

As Robert explained in Uncanny Avengers as the Void left he was cleansed of his Agoraphobia which was probably when he started to feel good again for ages like since he first returned.

SquallX
Control your emotions. This makes you look mentally weak.

Spider-Man was beneficial in distracting Thanos for the Surfer. In the end Superboy Prime fought alongside a team against a threat he stood no chance up against him by himself.

Due to being highly resistant to magic which isn't how the Void's powers work. Pay attention.

Ion was kidnapped by Mongul with sinestro rings so what made him beastly ? Nothing.

Sentry beats the crap out of him and regenerates from whatever Prime can dish out.

Are ****ing with me? The shits I've seen and done would make you run into a little corner and have you sucking you're little fingers and calling for mom.

And Prime actually fought the Anti Monitor along with Kal-L.

No you moron, Prime is immune to magic.

I guess you forget, this is the same Mogul that can tool the likes of Superman level beings.

You're still an idiot.

Kamahamaha
Are ****ing with me? The shits I've seen and done would make you run into a little corner and have you sucking you're little fingers and calling for mom.

I guess you forget, this is the same Mogul that can tool the likes of Superman level beings.

You're still an idiot.

Way to get trolled......

quanchi112

You're still an idiot. laughing laughing out loud

So did Spider-Man in ig. laughing out loud

Highly resistant but immune takes away the impressiveness since the power level doesn't matter according to you just that it is magic.

Not impressive since Mongul was also tooled by a herald level being such as Sinestro.

You're emotionally compromised.

Laminator_X
I think Prime gets his mind turned inside out by infinitendrils after delivering an epic but ultimately pointless brutilization to Bob.

Bentley
Didn't say it made him invincible. You said he got sent to a place where he was burnt against his will when that wasn't the case. Sentry if he wanted to return could have done so when Thor was flying up to the sun but he didn't.

When he was in the sun Bobs will was in a constant battle with the Void. The Void trying to get Sentry to regenerate i.e from the atom Sentry mentions and Sentry would will against it. And the Void eventually got bored and decided the White Hot Room would make for better scenery.

I showed you that scan as evidence that Robert if he wants to can allow the sun to burn him to a skeleton but the Void told Sentry he didn't want it enough. Which allowed Void to take over and Sentry was rehealed.

Like I said before he has regenerated from more damage, the Molecule Man or Morgana Le Fay situation and returned.

As Robert explained in Uncanny Avengers as the Void left he was cleansed of his Agoraphobia which was probably when he started to feel good again for ages like since he first returned.

Again, my point was that he was dead. Are we ignoring he got killed? He can regenerate from seemingly worse damage, but if he can be killed, then he can die in a forum setting.

@Quan: As I mentioned, nothing is more desperate than bringing writers opinions, since they aren't even canon or anything. But if you're so in love with Bendis maybe you can fetch me that interview where he states Molecule Man > Sentry's powers.

One_Angry_Scot
Again, my point was that he was dead. Are we ignoring he got killed? He can regenerate from seemingly worse damage, but if he can be killed, then he can die in a forum setting.

@Quan: As I mentioned, nothing is more desperate than bringing writers opinions, since they aren't even canon or anything. But if you're so in love with Bendis maybe you can fetch me that interview where he states Molecule Man > Sentry's powers.

I'm not ignoring the fact he was killed. I know he was.

The context is though is that in Siege he wanted to die. He wasn't killed under Thor's own power.

carver9
Don't know why Sentry being hurt is being brought up...especially when we have things like this...

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss79/MoseyGod/cityd.jpg
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/actioncomics779-19_zps8ab034ec.jpg.html

Based off fts Sentry is stronger, faster, and more powerful than Zod.

iceman24567

The context is though is that in Siege he wanted to die. He wasn't killed under Thor's own power. So a man with a pistol could have killed him at that point?

One_Angry_Scot
So a man with a pistol could have killed him at that point?

Yeah easily, he wanted to die.

There's a reason why he could take hits from Ultron the Collective and Genis-Vell and not show physical harm.

A man with a pistol could have blasted him in the face during the time he asked Thor to kill him at the end of Siege and he would've died.

But it's because he wanted to die. Not because of his durability, it's such a different context.

That's why he returned when Molecule Man or Morgana Le Fay dispersed him. Because he wanted to come back. Whereas in Siege he wanted to die.

Bentley

The context is though is that in Siege he wanted to die. He wasn't killed under Thor's own power.

He was killed by Thor, Bob made it easier, but obviously he was already weakened by the Norn Stones and the Hellcarrier explosion. Sentry has no unlimited stamina.

One_Angry_Scot
He was killed by Thor, Bob made it easier, but obviously he was already weakened by the Norn Stones and the Hellcarrier explosion. Sentry has no unlimited stamina.

Neither did I say he had unlimited stamina.

He was killed by Thor because Sentry wanted to die. In the same way that Sentry asked Hulk to punch him and he was bloodied. It's the exact same thing. Like I said to iceman if Sentry wanted to die when he fought MM or Morgana Le Fay he could've stayed dead. But he didn't he came back as he didn't want to die.

celeyhyga17

I wouldn't say Thor had nothing to do with it. He was voiding out again, but Thor ended him before he fully reverted back. A schmuck off the street would not have been able to kill him just like that...

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I wouldn't say Thor had nothing to do with it. He was voiding out again, but Thor ended him before he fully reverted back. A schmuck off the street would not have been able to kill him just like that...

I'm kind of conflicted to be honest, as we know Sentry doesn't disappear without him essentially saying so. So the fact that Thor was the one to throw the hit I wasn't sure whether or not he had much of an impact.

I only fought this as even when he was Norn stone empowered Void still took a hit from Thor.

Could you give me your opinion on the events in your view?

(just want to know as like I said I am a bit on 1 side and 1 on the other)

Bentley

He was killed by Thor because Sentry wanted to die. In the same way that Sentry asked Hulk to punch him and he was bloodied. It's the exact same thing. Like I said to iceman if Sentry wanted to die when he fought MM or Morgana Le Fay he could've stayed dead. But he didn't he came back as he didn't want to die.

Sentry survived MM and Morgana because the nature of his powers, the uncommon molecules that form Sentry, are able to get themselves together despite of the manipulation those characters used. If Morgana or Molecule Man kept on destroying Sentry indefinitively he could've died all the same, as once his energy is depleted he cannot reform himself. There are countless examples of energy beings that can easily reform after being decomposed -think Doctor Manhattan-, but if they ran out of gas, obviously they'd be unable to reform.

My argument is that both in his battle against the Avengers in Siege and during his battle with World War Hulk Sentry spend most of his energy and was on the brink of actual death. Thor actually killed him and I think he could've killed him under analogue circumstances whether Bob wanted to live or not. He was taxed and his ability to reform was compromised despite Bob's refusal to live. Of course, Bob wanting to die helped to speed up the process.

The fact is, Thor can and has killed Sentry under his own power.

One_Angry_Scot
Sentry survived MM and Morgana because the nature of his powers, the uncommon molecules that form Sentry, are able to get themselves together despite of the manipulation those characters used. If Morgana or Molecule Man kept on destroying Sentry indefinitively he could've died all the same, as once his energy is depleted he cannot reform himself. There are countless examples of energy beings that can easily reform after being decomposed -think Doctor Manhattan-, but if they ran out of gas, obviously they'd be unable to reform.

My argument is that both in his battle against the Avengers in Siege and during his battle with World War Hulk Sentry spend most of his energy and was on the brink of actual death. Thor actually killed him and I think he could've killed him under analogue circumstances whether Bob wanted to live or not. He was taxed and his ability to reform was compromised despite Bob's refusal to live. Of course, Bob wanting to die helped to speed up the process.

The fact is, Thor can and has killed Sentry under his own power.

He wasn't on the brink of death in either battle. In WWH he was on the edge of losing control but he wasn't about to die.

In both fights he was completely wiped. And you're right he survived because of the nature of his powers I 100% agree. I was just saying that if he wanted to not come back he just didn't need to reform himself.

Again I can only reiterate that I am in both 1 camp and the other with regards to what Celey said. But I think you're overdoing it slightly. If Sentry hadn't wanted to die Thor wouldn't have killed him with that last succession of hammer blasts.

In the same way he can fly into the sun and burn himself to a crisp but then instantly reform because according to the Void he didn't want it enough.

But like I said I am open to all points of view.

Bentley
He wasn't on the brink of death in either battle. In WWH he was on the edge of losing control but he wasn't about to die.

He might not have been in the brink of dead against Hulk, but he reverted to Bob against his will. What could've happened if someone attacked him right there, we can only guess.

Also I find the idea that he wasn't in the brink of death seconds before he actually died, absolutely misleading.

In both fights he was completely wiped. And you're right he survived because of the nature of his powers I 100% agree. I was just saying that if he wanted to not come back he just didn't need to reform himself.

I haven't seen proof of that. I think Bob couldn't die back then even if he wanted to. People may argue he didn't wanted to die enough, but for me that is given way too much credit.

Again I can only reiterate that I am in both 1 camp and the other with regards to what Celey said. But I think you're overdoing it slightly. If Sentry hadn't wanted to die Thor wouldn't have killed him with that last succession of hammer blasts.

Maybe? Probably? As I said, for me Bob wanting to die sped up the process. My point is more about Thor actually being able to kill Sentry under his own power. In Siege Sentry was depicted as more powerful though, Thor would need man openings to get the job done and Sentry would likely stop him before things got ugly for him.

One_Angry_Scot
He might not have been in the brink of dead against Hulk, but he reverted to Bob against his will. What could've happened if someone attacked him right there, we can only guess.

Also I find the idea that he wasn't in the brink of death seconds before he actually died, absolutely misleading.

I haven't seen proof of that. I think Bob couldn't die back then even if he wanted to. People may argue he didn't wanted to die enough, but for me that is given way too much credit.

Maybe? Probably? As I said, for me Bob wanting to die sped up the process. My point is more about Thor actually being able to kill Sentry under his own power. In Siege Sentry was depicted as more powerful though, Thor would need man openings to get the job done and Sentry would likely stop him before things got ugly for him.

If you had the ability of foresight (I don't mean that rudely) then technically yeah by that persons view he would be on the brink of death. We only know he wants to die when he starts saying kill me which in that case I 100% agree with you that he was on the brink of dying. I may have misinterpreted what you said in regards of Siege so for that I apologize.

Could you explain what you meant in your 2nd paragraph? Only as I don't want to make a wrong reply. Do you mean that if he hadn't wanted to come back he couldn't have stayed dead or something?

This is sort of my sticking point. Of course Robert was half between Void and himself at one point which was what allowed Thor to kill him. I'm just not sure how much was needed for Thor to add a finishing blow if even when empowered by the Norn Stones he still couldn't kill Void before.

So don't think I am being completely dismissive of your argument or anything. I just wanted to hear your opinion. I'm always open to being convinced.

bbrem123
Thor had the power to destroy his body. That combined with Sentry allowing himself to not regen keep him "dead"

Bentley
This is sort of my sticking point. Of course Robert was half between Void and himself at one point which was what allowed Thor to kill him. I'm just not sure how much was needed for Thor to add a finishing blow if even when empowered by the Norn Stones he still couldn't kill Void before.

So don't think I am being completely dismissive of your argument or anything. I just wanted to hear your opinion. I'm always open to being convinced.

It's ok, I understand your stance one way or another.

Thor amped by the Norn Stones failed to kill Void, but after the amp went away, the damage remained, which is damage that Thor could've dealt otherwise -again, if given the opportunity-. Sentry/Void cannot take infinite hits from an enemy such and Thor and just reform indefinitively, I don't think his threshold of resistance is entirely above Thor's paycheck.

One_Angry_Scot
Thor had the power to destroy his body. That combined with Sentry allowing himself to not regen keep him "dead"

Yeah I agree with the way you put that.

Checks out to me. thumb up

celeyhyga17
I'm kind of conflicted to be honest, as we know Sentry doesn't disappear without him essentially saying so. So the fact that Thor was the one to throw the hit I wasn't sure whether or not he had much of an impact.

I only fought this as even when he was Norn stone empowered Void still took a hit from Thor.

Could you give me your opinion on the events in your view?

(just want to know as like I said I am a bit on 1 side and 1 on the other)
Don't wanna go into too much detail, but I was wrong. He did revert back to full void and started attacking all the heroes again. I guess Thor ended him before his mindset was back to full Void as well. Considering the list of characters Thor has hurt when not holding back, killing Void isn't too much of a stretch.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111132618/3410665-350153-1351071_thor_vs_sentry_08_super_super.jpg

Sentry was out for a while before he revived over and over in the sun.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsVoid06.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsVoid07.jpg

One_Angry_Scot
Don't wanna go into too much detail, but I was wrong. He did revert back to full void and started attacking all the heroes again. I guess Thor ended him before his mindset was back to full Void as well. Considering the list of characters Thor has hurt when not holding back, killing Void isn't too much of a stretch.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111132618/3410665-350153-1351071_thor_vs_sentry_08_super_super.jpg

Sentry was out for a while before he revived over and over in the sun.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsVoid06.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsVoid07.jpg

So you agree with what bbrem said in a way? Robert wanting to die with Thor hitting him.

celeyhyga17
So you agree with what bbrem said in a way? Robert wanting to die with Thor hitting him. Of course. What I was trying to get across was even though Voidtry was in a little more vulnerable state, it still would take a tremendous amount of power to put him out of his misery. Especially in that first scan we see Voidtry start wrecking the entirety of the heroes again before he was finally stopped. For example, characters like Iron Man or Captain Marvel though powerful in their own right, would never had duplicated such a feat. We're talking Thor/Surfer level of power here.

One_Angry_Scot
Of course. What I was trying to get across was even though Voidtry was in a little more vulnerable state, it still would take a tremendous amount of power to put him out of his misery. Especially in that first scan we see Voidtry start wrecking the entirety of the heroes again before he was finally stopped. For example, characters like Iron Man or Captain Marvel though powerful in their own right, would never had duplicated such a feat. We're talking Thor/Surfer level of power here.

Okay that's good.

Just out of interest, what tier would you place Voidtry in?

(not to start a debate or anything, just interested in your opinion)

celeyhyga17
Okay that's good.

Just out of interest, what tier would you place Voidtry in?

(not to start a debate or anything, just interested in your opinion)
Void is like mid to upper trans.

Voidtry is low maybe.

Actually I dont know.

laughing

SamZED

He was killed by Thor because Sentry wanted to die. In the same way that Sentry asked Hulk to punch him and he was bloodied. It's the exact same thing. Like I said to iceman if Sentry wanted to die when he fought MM or Morgana Le Fay he could've stayed dead. But he didn't he came back as he didn't want to die. That reminds me of that scene where Sentry went to the sun to kill himself, at first it started burning his flesh, a second later he healed then the heat was completely useless, he was harmed at first because he wanted to be harmed. Then Void said something like "it won't work, you don't want it hard enough, you just want to punish yourself" that's how I remember it at least. It's been awhile.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by SamZED
That reminds me of that scene where Sentry went to the sun to kill himself, at first it started burning his flesh, a second later he healed then the heat was completely useless, he was harmed at first because he wanted to be harmed. Then Void said something like "it won't work, you don't want it hard enough, you just want to punish yourself" that's how I remember it at least. It's been awhile.

Yep you're correct, here is 2 examples where he is at a polar opposite in terms of going into a sun wanting to die or going through a sun to achieve something.

http://i.imgur.com/uZJEkw2l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QRFVvEql.jpg

Philosophía
Sentry didn't go through the sun in the first set of scans. He threw the Collective energy there, which exploded.

That's..pretty blatant.

One_Angry_Scot

One_Angry_Scot

Philosophía
It's not blatant. What do you see by the first panel? The explosion set off by the Collective being thrown in the sun. At no point was Sentry shown to be inside the sun.

Unless you think that Sentry flew inside off panel, and then just as he was about to exit the sun (?!) the Collective suddenly exploded on the outer part.

ermmnone

Here is the previous page.

http://i.imgur.com/frQAJ1sl.jpg

Yes, Sentry is pushing it towards the sun, until it finally reaches it and explodes (see the next scan).

The Sentry wasn't inside the sun, at any point.

One_Angry_Scot

Philosophía
Did I state he flew into it off panel? He didn't flow into it on panel, that's for sure.

You'd know he flew into he Sun if you saw the previous page I posted. You mean the page that doesn't show him inside the sun. Yeah, I see how that shows him inside the sun.

ermmnone

Why are you so against him flying through it. I'm not against anything. But he didn't.

One_Angry_Scot

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>