Anakin Skywalker Vs Satele Shan(Lightsabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Anakin as of ROTS before he goes over to the Dark Side Vs Satele Shan at her prime
Same scenario as Malgus V Satele. Who wins?

Sinious
Anakin in a close fight.

NewGuy01
Anakin dominates. no expression

FreshestSlice
Anakin destroys any incarnation of Satele. In sabers only? That's a gg.

Nephthys
He doesn't destroy her. Satele pre-Grandmaster was blitzing Sith Warriors and holding off Malgus with one arm. Not to mention the fact that she surpasses him with the Force.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
He doesn't destroy her. Satele pre-Grandmaster was blitzing Sith Warriors and holding off Malgus with one arm. Not to mention the fact that she surpasses him with the Force.
Holding off Malgus with scenery maybe. Satele at her strongest doesn't even approach Anakin.

Nalaniel
Anakin.

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Holding off Malgus with scenery maybe. Satele at her strongest doesn't even approach Anakin.

Lol, BS. I'd like to see Anakin palm a lightsaber, blow through a blast door, cube a droid tougher than durasteel and perform all the other l33t shit Satele has. Hell, all her great feats from Fatal Alliance are from a time where she admits to having declined.

FreshestSlice
Lol, BS. I'd like to see Anakin palm a lightsaber,

Because every powerhouse needs to palm a lightsaber to be above Satele.

I'd like to see Satele move at blindly fast speeds. Keep up with anyone in sabers at Anakin's level. Approach Anakin in TK. Or defeat an opponent near Dooku's level. I guess with both don't get everything we want.

So here we go back to the part where we should just assume something from this character, but disregard it from every other. Satele's implied to be better than she was, so let's just assume she was amazeballs.

carthage
Anakin SLAUGHTERHOUSE

King Joker
Anakin.

Fated Xtasy
So while i'm with Neph, i want to ask you all if you guys think Anakin would perform just as well as Malgus or better/worse. A well thought out argument would be preferable.

Nephthys

No, but Anakin hasn't demonstrated mastery of the Force on that level.

I'd like to see Satele move at blindly fast speeds. Keep up with anyone in sabers at Anakin's level. Approach Anakin in TK. Or defeat an opponent near Dooku's level. I guess with both don't get everything we want.

Lmao. Even Johun has moved with blinding speed:

"He leapt forward, moving with the blinding speed of the Force as he stabbed his lightsaber squarely at the Twi'lek's chest to put a quick end to their confrontation."

It's hyperbolic crap and not even good hyperbolic crap.

Satele's speed feats definitely indicate she can keep up with those on Anakin's level. I mean, if Johun can....

She does approach Anakin in TK. And surpasses him. She could alos defeat an opponent near Dooku's level.

So here we go back to the part where we should just assume something from this character, but disregard it from every other. Satele's implied to be better than she was, so let's just assume she was amazeballs.

Lol. I'm just pointing out that most of her best feats come from a time when she wasn't the warrior she used to be. So naturally at her prime she'd be more powerful and deadly than we've seen her at.

WildBantha88

Palming a lightsaber is one of the best tutaminus feats in the mythos, Satele has Anakin blown out of the water in terms of that power.

Sure Anakin is faster than Satele but "Approach Anakin in TK?" Dude do you know nothing about Satele? She is a TK goddess. If Anakin really was like Satele in TK he would have waved his hand and killed Grievous the first time that he met him.

When a character is already extremely powerful and then there is a quote that says they are not as powerful as they once were, it kinda does mean they were "amazeballs" as you like to say. kinda seems like your afraid to admit it

Nephthys
Re-reading Johun's fight is really paying off. Its hilarious how many of these hyperbolic phrases PT lovers are trying to push as impressive were applied to him.

Based
Anakin in spite.

FreshestSlice
No, but Anakin hasn't demonstrated mastery of the Force on that level.

But Satele did demonstrate how that won't save her. She would have been finished.

Unless it's for a character you support...

Pre-Deceived Malgus is below Anakin's level, and she couldn't keep up with him or his strength.

No and No. Feel free to convince me otherwise.

But we don't know what that level is, so it really doesn't matter.

Of course you place Anakin pretty low on the ladder, so I really shouldn't be surprised at any of this.

WildBantha88

Pre-Deceived Malgus is below Anakin's level, and she couldn't keep up with him or his strength.
1. she kept up with his speed and even surpassed it it was his strength that did her in

2. the point that she lost to a pre prime malgus is annoying and ill conceived because she was just as far away from her prime as Darth Malgus was when she lost to him

Fated Xtasy
But Satele did demonstrate how that won't save her. She would have been finished.

That doesn't make a lick of sense dude.

Like Nihilius?

She was fighting him and that Malgus was Pre-Prime, not like it's a bad showing

How about you provide something that can support your claims? try convincing us.

-_- at least he doesn't ignore quotes just because he doesn't like a character...

Nephthys

She grew more powerful and skilled since then.

Unless it's for a character you support...

No? I never use those kinds of statements. Unreliable.

Malgus isn't below Anakin. And again, she grew more powerful since that fight.

No and No. Feel free to convince me otherwise.

Do you not know her feats? I did post a few of them for you. Like crushing Hex droids or blowing them apart, when they're tougher than durasteel and need mounted cannons to damage. IIRC she also formed a Force Shield strong enough that when she was hurled against some of them, they were damaged and destroyed. She's also blown through blast doors, Pwned 3 Sith Warriors at once with a Force blast and theres that Kamehameha feat of hers.

But we don't know what that level is, so it really doesn't matter.

Of course you place Anakin pretty low on the ladder, so I really shouldn't be surprised at any of this.

But we do know what level it is. It's above her level at the time of Fatal Alliance. So just take her level there and add "better than at that point". Likely by a bit too.

carthage
Neph keeps bringing up Satele's force abilities like a blockhead, in spite of the fact the match is sabers only.

Anakin ROFLSTOMPS HER in that category

WildBantha88
Satele also mind dominated 9 hex droids at a time despite them possessing very little organic material and being in another room entirely

Nephthys
Originally posted by carthage
Neph keeps bringing up Satele's force abilities like a blockhead, in spite of the fact the match is sabers only.

Anakin ROFLSTOMPS HER in that category

I'm bringing them up because FS said Anakin destroys her even with them. Try to keep up.

carthage
I'm bringing them up because FS said Anakin destroys her even with them. Try to keep up.

Which neither of your posts are relevant to a topic where its sabers only.

Try to keep up thumb up

FreshestSlice
@ Neph: I'll respond later.

Carthage, while I'm sure you wanted the riveting debate of deciding who would win between these two in a saber match up, there's not really a debate to be had, imo. Just like the string of other threads you've made recently. But if you have a case, I'm willing to hear it.

carthage
I didn't make this thread.

Anakin has better dueling feats and is faster and stronger

Anakin has defeated Count Dooku, Asajj Ventress, fought evenly with Obi wan Kenobi etc.

Satele has only stalemated Baras and defeated a featless Darth Mekhis

Anakin has moved fast enough to appear everywhere at once, covered his entire body with the afterglow of his lightsaber, and covered Dooku's line of sight with an 'electric blue haze' with his lightsaber.

Anakin has slammed Ventress down hard enough to crack the stone beneath, torn apart spider droids with his barehands, broken durasteel, and hit "with the force of a meteor strike". Satele has no strength feats and struggled with Malgus who is weaker than Anakin.

Anakin has superior feats around the board.

FreshestSlice
Apologies to Fated(even if this is the kind of thread carthage would make....)

carthage
Thank you for understanding a TOR character's inferiority to Anakin

FreshestSlice
Nice try, carthage. I embraced my inner troll long ago. You have no hold over me.

Besides, Anakin's one of my favorites. I'd but him and Dooku above a lot of TOR era Jedi and Sith. At best, I consider the HoT a pier of Anakin's. And the HoT is well above Satele.

Fated Xtasy
Apologies to Faded(even if this is the kind of thread carthage would make....)

Lol no offense taken.

In regards to the fight itself, I'm rolling with Satele in a very good fight. Though i am very positive this fight could go either way. Those are my two cents anyway.

NewGuy01
And what, exactly, leads you to that conclusion?

carthage
Nice try, carthage. I embraced my inner troll long ago. You have no hold over me.

Besides, Anakin's one of my favorites. I'd but him and Dooku above a lot of TOR era Jedi and Sith. At best, I consider the HoT a pier of Anakin's.

I honestly don't care where you hold him. Anakin is superior to Satele in terms of feats, if you or Fated have any feats you think compare post them.

FreshestSlice
lol
Anakin destroys any incarnation of Satele. In sabers only? That's a gg.

carthage
I'm glad you agree Anakin is superior.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01
And what, exactly, leads you to that conclusion?

and why, exactly, must i explain my opinion to you?

lol sorry had to, i'm only joking big grin

Satele has held her own against those of great power in duels - the most notable one being Malgus who is more or less around Anakin's level (arguable ,i know) but this was a Pre-Prime Malgus and a Pre-Prime Satele, they weren't that far from reaching their respective peaks. I feel Satele could perform as well as Anakin did against most of his Opponents. Plus there is his mental state - which as i stated in the OP is before he went to the dark side. Iirc Anakin's victory over the count was because of him drawing the DS/his anger and because the good Count was growing tired - an Issue Satele wouldn't have a problem with - i think, correct me if i'm wrong. Satele is also above Asajj Ventress and Barriss Offee the last of which he had trouble with. and could potentially beat Anakin. But as i said, in My Opinion this could potentially go both ways, they're both very talented with the blade and have some good showings with it. It's really close To be honest.

Also apologies for the shitty grammar, i'm in a rush at the moment and have a ton of things to do, so i won't be able to respond that quickly to you Boo.

FreshestSlice
Nah, Anakin didn't defeat Dooku because Dooku made him angry. Anakin defeated Dooku because Palpatine told him too. He was pressuring the Count the entire duel, and only slipped up when the Count made him angry. Satele also couldn't keep up with Malgus in sabers.

NewGuy01
Because otherwise you'd just be making a fool of yourself. evil face

I figured, considering there was a block of text below that sentence. wink

By the time he fought Satele? Hardly.

This is true. Does that mean we are to assume that Satele improved by the same scale factor as Malgus? Not really.

I would argue Malgus was.

When does he not do this?

As a duelist? On what basis are you inferring this?

Not unless you think Ven Zallow is a peer of Yoda.

WildBantha88
Satele also couldn't keep up with Malgus in sabers. Wrong. She could and did, all be it for a short time. Malgus's strength was too much for her which is why she was nearly defeated pretty quickly. But as soon as she figured that out she changed the style in which she engaged him and performed exceptionally better, Malgus struggling to keep up with her, until the largeness of her hilt was exploited and she found herself weaponless

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Wrong. She could and did, all be it for a short time. Malgus's strength was too much for her which is why she was nearly defeated pretty quickly. But as soon as she figured that out she changed the style in which she engaged him and performed exceptionally better, Malgus struggling to keep up with her, until the largeness of her hilt was exploited and she found herself weaponless
So....she couldn't keep up with Malgus in sabers. She being as fast as Malgus is kind of irrelevant since strength comes into play in a sabers only matchup. Even if we're going to say that she was able to do a lot better afterwards, she still couldn't keep up fast enough. We could go on and on how it's the hilts fault she was disarmed, but I'm going to say it was hers.

WildBantha88
So....she couldn't keep up with Malgus in sabers. She being as fast as Malgus is kind of irrelevant since strength comes into play in a sabers only matchup. She could keep up with Malgus. But when meeting his mead on his strength was too much so she switched it up and performed much better. IDK how that's so hard to understand.

FreshestSlice
Because you're completely disregarding the part where she was disarmed and almost killed and then tried to blame it on the lightsaber?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I figured, considering there was a block of text below that sentence. wink

love

That's arguable though, both of them were incredibly powerful and for the most part Satele did well against him - until he took advantage of the huge week point her saberstaff presented - the hilt. Both of them seemed to be on the same level.

Well doesn't her becoming the Grandmaster of the order show that she did improve?

I would argue that they were both not that far from their peaks. Though i'm curious as to what supports you.

True enough, but his anger is much more visible in his encounters with the good Count.

as an overall Jedi, force powers and Dueling skills included. certainly you're not suggesting Satele - in her prime, would not perform as well as Ventress did against, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luminara Unduli, Ahsoka Tano, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto and Grevious? if given the same circumstances.

I wasn't referring to Malgus dude, i was talking about Satele.

NewGuy01
1. Anakin could also exploit this, so I'm not sure what your objective is in pointing this out.

2. Malgus was pretty clearly winning, until Malcom's intervention.

No. no expression

Zym and Kenth were also Grandmasters. The title isn't given for sheer combat prowess--Besides, I never said that she didn't improve. I said that it shouldn't simply be assumed that she improved at the same rate as Malgus.

Malgus's performances against Leneer pre and post waifu depict a sizable power gap. Other than that, there's his feats as the False Emperor.

Okay, well this is a saber match.

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm telling you to provide evidence suggesting she can.

And Satele fared worse than Zallow in a duel with Malgus.

Emperordmb
Satele was actually very impressive in Fatal Alliance.

Fated Xtasy
I'll respond tomorrow or the day after NewGuy01. stick out tongue

ares834
A strictly lightsaber duel.. Anakin easily.

WildBantha88
Because you're completely disregarding the part where she was disarmed and almost killed and then tried to blame it on the lightsaber? Darth Maul has also suffered this problem? does that make him any less of a duelist?

WildBantha88
Malgus even winning is actually questionable. Yes Satele was disarmed and she quickly got a hand up to hold the lightsaber, at first she looked like she was struggling and then she got both hands on the lightsaber and her expression changed, she was focused. And the lightsaber wasn't moving towards her at all, it looked more like a stalemate to me. Then take into account the massive power boost she was getting and how exactly was that a defeat?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Malgus even winning is actually questionable. Yes Satele was disarmed and she quickly got a hand up to hold the lightsaber, at first she looked like she was struggling and then she got both hands on the lightsaber and her expression changed, she was focused. And the lightsaber wasn't moving towards her at all, it looked more like a stalemate to me. Then take into account the massive power boost she was getting and how exactly was that a defeat?
Didn't Satele write in her journal that Malcom saved her life?

The Merchant
Skywalker-san takes this.

AncientPower
Satele writes in her journal that she is outright scared of Malgus and states outright Malcom saved her life.

Arhael
Not at all.

Emperordmb
I maintain that she was very impressive in Fatal Alliance as the Grand Master.

"To the Sith, violence was an art form. To Master Satele, it seemed like life itself."-Eldon Ax, source: Fatal Alliance

Nephthys
And at that time Satele admitted to not being the warrior she used to be.

Based
And at that time Satele admitted to not being the warrior she used to be.

Right, I get people love lowballing, it's a trait in all of us. But this is Satele as a Jedi Knight, before being the youngest gradmaster to that point and ignoring all of her solid feats in Fatal Alliance.

But it's beyond saving at this point unless there's new material for her to be in which seems unlikely.

Nephthys
Well its her at her prime, so we should take the version of her that she states was her prime. Just makes sense imo.

Based
Well its her at her prime, so we should take the version of her that she states was her prime. Just makes sense imo.

Yup but then every thread ends with, "she got owned on Alderaan, gg debate over."

chilled monkey
Originally posted by AncientPower
Satele writes in her journal that she is outright scared of Malgus and states outright Malcom saved her life.

Beg your pardon but so what? Anyone with a brain should be scared of a powerful foe. If they aren't scared, then they're an idiot who thinks they're invincible and will get killed by being cocky and careless. Fear keeps people alive.

Also, of course she stated her saved her life. She's humble. I'd hardly expect her to claim she didn't need any help.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.