Darth Malgus vs Darth Malak and Darth Sion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Based
No nexus, no amps and no revives. Each character is at their unamped peak.

WildBantha88
Malgus dies

Nephthys
Malgus beats their ass.

Sinious
Malgus is superior to other 2 sith here. He takes this.

carthage
Malgus

FreshestSlice
Sion lost to Atton.

Atton. Like he died.

Nephthys
Nah. That was cut content.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
"Intended content." Still going to count it. Sion is terribad.

Q99
No amps or revives...? Malak's good enough to give some fight, but Sion's fighting style revolves around his healing.

Sion'll fall and then it'll be Malgus vs Alek.

The Merchant
Malgus smashes this team.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys

Everyone uses it still....

Just not wookieepedia

AncientPower
Sion is stated in sourcebooks as dying at the Exile's hand, not Atton's.

Sion has at least four decades of experience killing Jedi Knights and the KotOR CG points to him being a damn good Djem So practitioner.

Both Malak and Sion are treated like they are weak sauce when exactly the opposite is clearly meant to be true.

The Merchant
Malak isn't weak, but Sion really doesn't have anything going for him. No feats and killing a bunch of fodder doesn't mean he's strong.

AncientPower
Why do people insist on assuming that any Jedi or Sith without a name is just a red shirt and could get rolfstomped by Dead-eye Duncan?

Darth Sion spent four decades killing Jedi and in-case everyone is forgetting he killed Lonna Vash A Jedi High Council member, hardly fodder.

Great Sith War, check.
Mandalorian Wars, check.
Jedi Civil War, check.
Dark wars, check.

Sion is (kind of)suggested to be second only to Ulic Qel-Droma as a duelist during the GSW, among Kun's Sith lackeys that is.

appletonia
Originally posted by AncientPower
Both Malak and Sion are treated like they are weak sauce when exactly the opposite is clearly meant to be true.

thumb up

Q99
Malak is respectable quite strong. Not Malgus strong, but strong.

Sion, he's fairly skilled, but he's also a beatstick, and he's had a crutch for most of his time as a sith. Even before he first 'died' it sounded like he got wounded a fair amount. I'd think that sans healing, he'd maybe be low-council level.

appletonia
We can't really say all that much about him, but my opinion has always been that the default position for somebody that achieves something so unprecedented is that they're pretty damn powerful. I vote we start banning him from versus threads anyway, as they always revolve around people assuming he has nothing to offer except for that one ability and trying to think of scenarios where his opponent might be able to break his will or kill him enough times or whatever and the debates never really go anywhere.

Q99
Well, to go from wookiepedia (yea, I know):

"In the Great Sith War of 3996 BBY, Sion served as a Sith Marauder in Exar Kun's Sith Empire. Seeking death, Sion went into battle against the Jedi but continued to survive the encounters. He became convinced he was immortal as he built up a greater and greater tolerance for pain. Eventually, Sion was struck down, but he did not die."

It sounds to me like his victories didn't come easy, though they did come.

So, strong, but got wounded a fair amount before being struck down.

And most jedi and sith council members are of a level to get a good reputation for victory, even the non-uber ones.

So, in my opinion, it sounds like Sion is, "Take a reasonably skilled but not super high council member, then slap immortality on top of that."

And, at the end of the day, the result even with immortality is at a level to repeatedly lose against Meetra without causing her significant injury. Which rules out high council level IMO.

Nephthys
Yeah, Sion doesn't suck he's just not in Malgus' league. But then.... neither is Malak.

appletonia
Originally posted by Q99
Well, to go from wookiepedia (yea, I know):

"In the Great Sith War of 3996 BBY, Sion served as a Sith Marauder in Exar Kun's Sith Empire. Seeking death, Sion went into battle against the Jedi but continued to survive the encounters. He became convinced he was immortal as he built up a greater and greater tolerance for pain. Eventually, Sion was struck down, but he did not die."

It sounds to me like his victories didn't come easy, though they did come.

So, strong, but got wounded a fair amount before being struck down.

If anything I think that makes him come across as quite impressive. Numerous Jedi kills without getting struck down at all but merely wounded, when seeking death and thus presumably not super concerned with self preservation.

But where I differ from most people is I try not to create a total seperation of his immortality and his base level of power. That he achieved something so unprecedented and sought after to me suggests he was possessive of exceptional abilities, and I simply don't think the likelihood is that he was average in all areas but simply had an extraordinary ability for just one single ability.

But that was a conflicted Sion who was in love with her and likely holding himself back from dealing her a fatal blow, and KOTOR 2 Meetra was actually pretty exceptional. Also, is he really losing to Meetra at all every time he gets struck down, when he can simply rise back up again and again? He isn't vulnerable like others so there isn't as great a need to protect himself.

Nephthys
Sion wasn't holding back. He explicitly denies that and explains why he isn't.

That said, no one is denying that he's exceptional. But exceptional is still only the level Q99 is saying, high council level. He's still not touching Malgus imo.

Selenial
Originally posted by AncientPower
Sion is stated in sourcebooks as dying at the Exile's hand, not Atton's.

Sion has at least four decades of experience killing Jedi Knights and the KotOR CG points to him being a damn good Djem So practitioner.

Except Atton doesn't kill him, he wounds him to the point that it takes a while for Sion to gather energies and re-animate.

Emperordmb
Sion does have experience, but let's not forget that in those four decades, he "died" quite a few times.

red8
Sion is underrated, the team wins.

carthage
Hah no Malgus would stomp Sion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.