Bane, Zannah, and Kas'im vs. Vader, Dooku, and Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Battle takes place on neutral ground

Nephthys
Bane and Zannah ragdoll. awegimp

ares834
Team 2.

Nephthys
Zannah > Dooku in sabers.

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm wrong guys Zannah is beneath Agen Kolar in sabers, Dooku has beaten more skillfull opponents with feats than Zannah who has only beaten a loser like Set Harth.

The Merchant
EEEEE.

Anyways Team 2. Vader spams his monstrous TK blasts and would take on Bane, Revan also is probably near Vader and Bane's level as well, So Revan and Vader could potentially start throwing around Team 1. Dooku slices Kas'Im in half.

Emperordmb
This is a pretty close match. I'm leaning team 1 though.

DarthAnt66
I lol'ed ridiculously hard. ^ This is a spite thread.
Bane can't contend with two opponents on his level.
Dooku alone can handle Kas'im and Zannah most likely.

Nephthys
Its not that close. And LOL at Vader and Revan tossing around Bane and Zannah with their new power levels in TK.

Go away Ant, you're ridiculously biased.

DarthAnt66
You do realize how strong of a nexus Rakata Prime now is? They even describe the bosses as "empowered" and the soldiers as "immortal." The entire remains of the Star Forge is thrown across the entire surface. The taint and raw power that place must have 300, let alone 3,000 years later is incredible. I don't find his feat impressive, the nexus would be just too extreme.

Nephthys
http://i.imgur.com/36G14Bk.gif

Keep trying to lowball, Ant. Maybe it'll amuse me at some point.

DarthAnt66
Once again you ignore nexus', even when it is stated how immense they are. erm Stop embarrassing yourself.

The Merchant
I thought Bane destroyed the foundations of the temple? nevertheless, Vader is capable of catching TIE fighters, which move at relativistic speeds and smash them together, smash down a cathedral, and smash through Rebel defenses capable of withstanding an orbital bombardment or a full ground assault from Imperial forces (don't recall that one well) Revan (I'm assuming that's he's in his reborn self) is able to absorb and throw back Lightning that can turn people to ash, rip out asteroids held by tractor beams, and other stuff I can't recall at the moment. Together they could crush Bane, as for Zannah she fought an out of his prime Bane, I don't think you can apply Bane's peak to her.

Nephthys
Its never stated he destroyed the foundations, just that his blast shook the temple all the way down to the foundations. By all accounts, Bane's wave solely caused the destruction. Regardless of the nexus which he is never said to be drawing on, for how massive that temple is it's an incredible feat. Easily comparable to Vader and Revan's stuff. And that was Bane at his least powerful. His peak is actually DoE, where his Force mastery is at its height. In which Zannah was his clear equal.

DarthAnt66
He doesn't need to be drawing on it for him to affect him, and the ruins of the Star Forge is far greater then the size of the temple.
And it is stated that the Dark Side is in every wall of the Star Forge, so size does certainly matter. To say this is a feat is pathetic.

The Merchant
You're an incredible feat. Also, from what I'm reading all he brought down the temple's entrance. Also don't care much for Nexus's amps, don't think they're that viable in any debates.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
He doesn't need to be drawing on it for him to affect him, and the ruins of the Star Forge is far greater then the size of the temple.
And it is stated that the Dark Side is in every wall of the Star Forge, so size does certainly matter. To say this is a feat is pathetic.

Aw, so butthurt over Revan losing.

Originally posted by The Merchant
You're an incredible feat. Also, from what I'm reading all he brought down the temple's entrance. Also don't care much for Nexus's amps, don't think they're that viable in any debates.

I know I am. Thanks though. Nah, Bane obliterated the whole thing.

Sinious
Also don't care much for Nexus's amps, don't think they're that viable in any debates.

thumb up

DarthAnt66
The Merchant, your the Ship expert here I think, would a continuous spray of turbo-lasers destroy the temple? Numerous sources imply it.

The Merchant
Most likely, turbolasers in many sources are stated to be able to destroy Islands and countries in one shot, and in an hour a bombardment of them can destroy the crust of a planet, turning said planet into a Mustafar-like enviroment. Unless the Temple is made of extremely durable materials.

ares834
I thought Bane destroyed the foundations of the temple? nevertheless, Vader is capable of catching TIE fighters, which move at relativistic speeds and smash them together, smash down a cathedral, and smash through Rebel defenses capable of withstanding an orbital bombardment or a full ground assault from Imperial forces (don't recall that one well) Revan (I'm assuming that's he's in his reborn self) is able to absorb and throw back Lightning that can turn people to ash, rip out asteroids held by tractor beams, and other stuff I can't recall at the moment. Together they could crush Bane, as for Zannah she fought an out of his prime Bane, I don't think you can apply Bane's peak to her.

thumb up

The Merchant
Hmm, if Bane brought it down completely then he could put up a resistance. However from everywhere I've read Bane was above Zannah and DOE is his weakest point, this is the first I've heard he's at his peak in that story.

Emperordmb
DOE is his weakest point
No...

The Merchant
I thought Rule of two was his strongest with his Orbalisk Armor and all.

Emperordmb
I thought Rule of two was his strongest with his Orbalisk Armor and all.
Eh.. DOE and ROT Bane are both solidly above POD Bane, so no DOE is certainly not his weakest point.

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Merchant, your the Ship expert here I think, would a continuous spray of turbo-lasers destroy the temple? Numerous sources imply it.

Depends.

I heard this thing on the TOR boards once of a Nexus actually creating a natural force barrier, which is why you can't just Nuke the Sith academy into oblivion and stuff, but to be honest a temple like that would be hard to bring down without literal bombs.

*shrug*

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
No...

Yeah it is

DarthAnt66
Vader>Zannah & Kas'im.
Revan and Dooku>Bane.
Team 2 wins easily imo.

carthage
thumb up

Works either way, Revan defeats Bane in a battle while Dooku dances circles Kas'im or Zannah

Revan can ragdoll Kas'im, while Vader stomps Bane and Dooku outduels and ragdolls Zannah.

Team 2.

carthage

Bane sent a wave with nexus energy that destroyed a pillar and brought the temple down. Malgus's force scream alone brought down a pillar and Vader TKEd a table so hard it brought down three pillars, the fact it took Trainee Bane a moment to gather nexus energy for a feat force users can do without a nexus is pathetic

Vader would dominate Bane telekinetically as would Dooku

The Merchant
Thanks for clearing that up Carthage thumb up

Emperordmb
Thanks for clearing that up Carthage thumb up
Carthage clarified nothing.

There was nothing mentioned in the text about "pillars." Kas'im blocked the focal point of the wave. And even with the focal point of the wave blocked, it still brought down this:
http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/18/99/04/07/screen10.jpg

The feat is by no means "pathetic"

appletonia
Bane > Revan
Zannah > Vader
Kas'im > Dooku

Team 1 solidly.

Trocity
Originally posted by appletonia
Kas'im > Dooku

no expression

The Merchant
That whole post should be reversed TBH.

Trocity
That whole post should be reversed TBH.

You could at least debate in favor of any of those 4.

Kas'im>Dooku though....

appletonia
Originally posted by Trocity
no expression

Kas'im's mastery of the lightsaber absolutely dwarfs Dooku's, and defending against Bane's attack > anything Dooku has ever done. Kas'im's better and it's not really that close.

Trocity
Kas'im's mastery of the lightsaber absolutely dwarfs Dooku's, and defending against Bane's attack > anything Dooku has ever done. Kas'im's better and it's not really that close.

You are a decent troll, you don't make it blatantly obvious.

Still... You can not fool me.

ares834
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Carthage clarified nothing.

There was nothing mentioned in the text about "pillars." Kas'im blocked the focal point of the wave. And even with the focal point of the wave blocked, it still brought down this:

He destroyed the archway. And then, the temple was destabilized enough, that the ceiling collapsed.

appletonia
There seems to be this attitude here that movie characters are automatically superior to non-movie characters until proven otherwise, in which case all the evidence provided for the non-movie character is usually ignored or downplayed.

carthage
Originally posted by ares834
He destroyed the archway. And then, the temple was destabilized enough, that the ceiling collapsed.

thumb up

With nexus energy he gathered while Kas'im was speaking like a retard. Vader has collapsed a cathedral without nexus power, Revan has collapsed arch ways without a nexus, and Dooku has rained down boulders that buried Tholme without a nexus. Bane's feat is pathetic

Trocity
There seems to be this attitude here that movie characters are automatically superior to non-movie characters until proven otherwise, in which case all the evidence provided for the non-movie character is usually ignored or downplayed.

Not necessarily, it's really just based on feats.

Dooku has feats to back up the fact that he's one of the best duelists in the mythos.

Kas'im doesn't have anything to back him up, really, other than his fight against a pre prime Bane and the quote from Bane's perspective (At least, that's how I took it), claiming Kas'im was probably "the best duelist in the galaxy" or something like that.

Unless I've forgotten some quantifiable feats for him.

carthage
There are no quantifiable feats for Kas'im, he has no accolades over than Bane's ignorant opinion substantiating his skill level as a duelist.

He is featless

Sinious
You are a decent troll, you don't make it blatantly obvious.

Still... You can not fool me.

Actually, our official troll here is Carthage. wink

Emperordmb
thumb up Sinny

AncientPower
Team 1 lost as soon as Kas'im was put on their team against powerhouses like team 2.

ares834
Revan could probably solo TBH.

AncientPower
Revan could probably solo TBH.
No he couldn't.

Bane DoE and Revan Reborn are near equals, even Drew said that Vader, Bane and Revan is too close.(Though more over that is him dodging a question)

carthage
Bane DoE is inferior to Revan in just about every way apart from Strength.

The Merchant
Kas'im's best feat is training a bunch of kids sent at the front lines :I

carthage
laughing out loud

Nephthys

Theres no way destroying the entrance archway alone could destroy the entire temple now. Not with the new size of it.

Not to mention, thats a load a bs anyway. Thats not what happened.

Not necessarily, it's really just based on feats.

Dooku has feats to back up the fact that he's one of the best duelists in the mythos.

Kas'im doesn't have anything to back him up, really, other than his fight against a pre prime Bane and the quote from Bane's perspective (At least, that's how I took it), claiming Kas'im was probably "the best duelist in the galaxy" or something like that.

Unless I've forgotten some quantifiable feats for him.

It isn't just Bane saying he's the best. Why do people forget that Bane said that for a reason? He said that Kas'im had mastered all lightsaber forms and then spent decades perfecting every aspect of them, which naturally makes him one of the most gifted duelists in history and yes, maybe the most skilled ever.

Emperordmb
The quote could also be from an omniscient perspective. I found a quote in a chapter focused on Bane that specifically says something he doesn't know. That proves that the book can go into an omniscient perspective at times and expand outside of Bane's knowledge. Plus, Karpyshyn said in one of his emails that whether or not that accolade was Bane's opinion or an omniscient perspective was debatable. So there is a good possibility that Kas'im's accolade was from an omniscient perspective.

However even if that accolade was Bane's opinion, this is the guy who spent hours upon hours reading up on the exaggerated accounts of ancient Sith, such as Tulak Hord, Exar Kun, and "many true lightsaber masters," and holding them at a standard beyond that of the Brotherhood of Darkness, which he despised. Kas'im's bladework impressing Bane enough for him to entertain the possibility that Kas'im could be the greatest duelist of all time is still really impressive.

Not to mention it's not just Bane's opinion that holds Kas'im at such high esteem, Kaan and Githany both agree that Kas'im is the best duelist in the order, Githany going on to think that Kas'im is their best fighter.

Not to mention that despite being plagued by only appearing in one source, Kas'im still demonstrates a high level of mastery. Kas'im defeated his master Nad'az before his prime, who was particularly very skilled at lightsaber combat foremost above his other abilities. Kas'im also mastered all seven forms of lightsaber combat and spent decades perfecting every move and sequence of these forms. Then we have the fact that Sirak himself was an impressive enough duelist to be capable of casually using sequences that blend several forms together and rapidly switch between forms, and when Bane stomped Sirak, he considered the notion that he could take on Kas'im in a serious fight to be preposterous, and this was before Bane even knew Kas'im's full capabilities with a saberstaff, much less with Jar'kai.

Not to mention Kas'im's speed is also very impressive, striking at ten times a second with a saberstaff, and striking even faster after switching to Jar'kai.

Trocity
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Kas'im sucks, he is obviously an extraordinary duelist.

All I'm saying is you can't logically say Kas'im > Dooku when you have a mountain of feats for one and a small section of a single novel, in which most of his skill is implied, not proven, for another.

Here's a question - do you think Kas'im beats Lsu in sabers only?
And what about if she's amped?

Nephthys
Unamped, yes.

Amp? No ****ing way.

carthage
Cool story bro, Bane's nexus wave leveled the area Kasi'm was standing in i,e the archway. I know your reading comprehension is horrendous (like your debating ability), but that's what it says in the text

I,e Your opinion doesn't gel with the text. You're full of poop like always.

And Bane is full of shit because Kas'im has no feats to back up his claim of being "one of the most gifted duelists" thumb up. You're comparing two different things kid, technical mastery doesn't make him a good duelist it makes him technically proficient. Kas'im has no dueling feats to support being a "Gifted duelist", and Bane's opinion is not an accolade/feat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.