Lt. Col. Bill Cage (Edge of Tomorrow) vs. Link (Twilight Princess)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Who wins ?

Dramatic Gecko
Putting Edge of Tomorrow on my 'to watch' list I'll get back to you in a few weeks.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Putting Edge of Tomorrow on my 'to watch' list I'll get back to you in a few weeks. He shreds Link. The diehard Zelda fans are all too scared to post.

Sacred 117
mmm This might actually be semi-interesting... depending on the conditions. uhuh

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sacred 117
mmm This might actually be semi-interesting... depending on the conditions. uhuh Wake the other Zelda whores and tell me to face me in combat. Now.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by quanchi112
Wake the other Zelda whores and tell me to face me in combat. Now.

I'll need the conditions of battle first. (Seriously, there's actually something to consider here)

quanchi112
I'll need the conditions of battle first. (Seriously, there's actually something to consider here) Open fields of Hyrule. Bill is there to put a stop to the mutable evil for all time.

Sacred 117
Open fields of Hyrule. Bill is there to put a stop to the mutable evil for all time.

Then why isn't he fighting Ganondorf?

What I'm really asking about is whether or not his mortal reset applies, or if it's just one and done.

quanchi112
Then why isn't he fighting Ganondorf?

What I'm really asking about is whether or not his mortal reset applies, or if it's just one and done. One and done. I have other plans for Dorf.

Sacred 117
One and done.

And like that, you've lost me.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/29/2f/f8/292ff8834b19028ebe5af2333beb9f6c.jpg

quanchi112
And like that, you've lost me.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/29/2f/f8/292ff8834b19028ebe5af2333beb9f6c.jpg If it wasn't one and done then Link wouldn't have 1/98th of a chance here.

Sacred 117
If it wasn't one and done then Link wouldn't have 1/98th of a chance here.

So, what you're basically trying to say is that the thread's f**ked either way?

quanchi112
So, what you're basically trying to say is that the thread's f**ked either way? Riddle me this. Who wins iyo ?

Sacred 117
Riddle me this. Who wins iyo ?

In this case, Link. Cage was heavily reliant on his ability to start over and try again, whereas Link can figure out a situation almost instantly. On top of that, recall there was a situation he had to compromise on because he exhausted all of his options to no avail. This could very well be one of those, for all we know.

On a semi-related note, I was pleasantly surprised by the movie. I loved it, in fact. I'm glad to say it wasn't just another "Tom Cruise needs a job" endeavor. big grin

quanchi112
In this case, Link. Cage was heavily reliant on his ability to start over and try again, whereas Link can figure out a situation almost instantly. On top of that, recall there was a situation he had to compromise on because he exhausted all of his options to no avail. This could very well be one of those, for all we know.

On a semi-related note, I was pleasantly surprised by the movie. I loved it, in fact. I'm glad to say it wasn't just another "Tom Cruise needs a job" endeavor. big grin What does Cage taking on a planet destroyed organism have to do with how he matches up against a mute with a sword ?

Make sense, k ?

Dramatic Gecko
Cage was heavily reliant on his ability to start over and try again

Majora's Mask just came to mind.

quanchi112
Majora's Mask just came to mind. Tp only.

Dramatic Gecko
Does Cage time travel? If so then Oot or MM match up would be very interesting indeed. Battle over time!

Sacred 117
What does Cage taking on a planet destroyed organism have to do with how he matches up against a mute with a sword ?

Make sense, k ?

The fact that Link actually fought a herald. I'm not sure where that thought came from (I certainly didn't bring it up), but what's your point?

God Cloth Seiya
Cage can ONLY win IF he has his power. If he doesn't then he gets dominated.

quanchi112
The fact that Link actually fought a herald. I'm not sure where that thought came from (I certainly didn't bring it up), but what's your point? What does that have to do with how me matches up with Cage ? Honestly, you aren't making any sense whatsoever.

God Cloth Seiya
What does that have to do with how me matches up with Cage ? Honestly, you aren't making any sense whatsoever. Cage is street level.

Sacred 117
Does Cage time travel? If so then Oot or MM match up would be very interesting indeed. Battle over time!

In a sense, but not exactly.

Link in those games could actively manipulate time, unlike Cage, so it wouldn't be near as fair... even with reset allowed.

Sacred 117
What does that have to do with how me matches up with Cage ? Honestly, you aren't making any sense whatsoever.

You brought it up, not me, but if you really want to know...

Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
Cage is street level.

quanchi112
Cage is street level. What kind of idiocy is this ?

If Cage shoots at Links and connects. He dies. Quit making shit up that isn't based off anything.

quanchi112
You brought it up, not me, but if you really want to know... He wears an exosuit and destroys him with his weaponry. Show me any official statement that ranks either character into this sort of category.

laughing out loud

God Cloth Seiya
What kind of idiocy is this ?

If Cage shoots at Links and connects. He dies. Quit making shit up that isn't based off anything.

Are you saying that he is ABOVE street level?

Dramatic Gecko
What kind of idiocy is this ?

TP Lnk gets shot looses one heart out of twenty.

God Cloth Seiya
He wears an exosuit and destroys him with his weaponry. Show me any official statement that ranks either character into this sort of category.

laughing out loud

Links shield blocks any attack Cage can throw at him.

Sacred 117
Are you saying that he is ABOVE street level?

Mid or High at best.

quanchi112
Are you saying that he is ABOVE street level? There is no such thing as street level. You made it up.

Dramatic Gecko
Links shield blocks any attack Cage can throw at him.

The magic Z-Button

quanchi112
TP Lnk gets shot looses one heart out of twenty. Each bullet even equaling one heart and he dies in moments.

smile

God Cloth Seiya
Mid or High at best. He certainly isn't above cap, Elektra, batman, or Taskmaster.

Dramatic Gecko
There is no such thing as street level. You made it up.

How long have you been on KMC and not heard of Street level?

God Cloth Seiya
There is no such thing as street level. You made it up.

So you don't know what a tier list is? Lol what an idiot.

quanchi112
Links shield blocks any attack Cage can throw at him. Based off what ? He was ko'd in his own game by clubs and beaten by Zant easily as well. He was easily teleported away by Midna. These are far slower attacks than exosuit weaponry.

Sacred 117
He certainly isn't above cap, Elektra, batman, or Taskmaster.

Mid then.

God Cloth Seiya
Mid then. That's where I would put him.

quanchi112
How long have you been on KMC and not heard of Street level? It isn't real and is something posters tried to come to a consensus of with no real backing from anything. It is hilarious people try to actually use these terms like they hold any kind of weight.

quanchi112
So you don't know what a tier list is? Lol what an idiot. No proof or any real backing. Condolences, dummy.

Dramatic Gecko
Does Link have all equipment? Max Inventory, Infinite Inventory? (Bomb,arrow, rupees?)

Sacred 117
Does Link have all equipment? Max Inventory, Infinite Inventory? (Bomb,arrow, rupees?)

Lol'd at 'rupees'. haermm

God Cloth Seiya
No proof or any real backing. Condolences, dummy. We have a tier list for both comic and non comic characters.

Answer this is Cage above any of the following?

Elektra, Captain America, Batman, Taskmaster.

Sacred 117
We have a tier list for both comic and non comic characters.

Elektra, Captain America, Batman, Taskmaster.

No, but it doesn't really matter at this point.

I've already summed up the fight with a point that was never directly addressed. I guess that shows how seriously this thread was meant to be taken. *sigh*

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f421d02f5a9bf8d00a106db55b0111a5/tumblr_muu0xyZoC81rsgcy8o4_400.gif

God Cloth Seiya
Give Quan some credit. He's quite persistent.

Dramatic Gecko
Give Quan some credit. He's quite persistent.

Maliciously

Yamcha
If you guys like Edge Of Tomorrow, check out the manga "All You Need Is Kill" I'm pretty sure EoT is almost entirely based on that manga lol but I actually prefer AYNIK cause I like the ending waaaaay more. I've been contemplating on putting the main character against Master Chief.

Just a friendly suggestion, continue big grin

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Yamcha
If you guys like Edge Of Tomorrow, check out the manga "All You Need Is Kill" I'm pretty sure EoT is almost entirely based on that manga lol but I actually prefer AYNIK cause I like the ending waaaaay more. I've been contemplating on putting the main character against Master Chief.

Just a friendly suggestion, continue big grin

That's actually part of what convinced me to see it, but I have yet to read the f**king source material. haermm And yeah, the ending had me asking a lot of questions, leaving me to speculate on the probability of plot holes in an otherwise solid narrative.

Yamcha
That's actually part of what convinced me to see it, but I have yet to read the f**king source material. haermm And yeah, the ending had me asking a lot of questions, leaving me to speculate on the probability of plot holes in an otherwise solid narrative. Haha it's one I'd definitely recommend! It kept me hooked till the very end and it's actually a pretty short series, I started and finished it within a day I want to say? What made it even better for me though is I found it before the movie so the first chapter alone had me like "WHAT IS GOING ON." lol

Edit: Yeah here, http://www.mangahere.co/manga/all_you_need_is_kill/

It's only 17 chapters O.O

quanchi112
We have a tier list for both comic and non comic characters.

Elektra, Captain America, Batman, Taskmaster. You don't get it. There is nothing to support this made up category of where you place heroes. It is awful and ignores evidence.

The Scenario
Lol'd at 'rupees'. haermm

Hey, the magic armor is serious business.

Anyway Link wins so I'm going to go do something else.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by The Scenario

Anyway Link wins so I'm going to go do something else.

Damn. I actually forgot about that. Good call. thumb up

quanchi112

Anyway Link wins so I'm going to go do something else. Based on what does he win ?

God Cloth Seiya
You don't get it. There is nothing to support this made up category of where you place heroes. It is awful and ignores evidence. So you are just ****ing stupid. Cage is below captain America, batman, and Electra.

While link is all above them,

The Scenario
Based on what does he win ?

The magic armor.

quanchi112
The magic armor. He doesn't have it here.

The Scenario
He doesn't have it here.

Why not?

Dramatic Gecko
He doesn't have it here.

Yes he does. TP Link.

quanchi112
Why not? That isn't his standard gear.

Don't you think can win with standard gear ?

Dramatic Gecko
That isn't his standard gear.

I haven't seen EOT yet so I don't know.

Sacred 117

HH may have something to say about that. (Anyone who can comment?)

Otherwise, you might want to specify that in the future.

quanchi112
Might want to specify that in the future. laughing out loud

Do you feel he loses without his armor ? That is also a no limits fallacy that goes along with it anyways.

Sacred 117
laughing out loud

Do you feel he loses without his armor ? That is also a no limits fallacy that goes along with it anyways.

Nope. big grin

quanchi112
I haven't seen EOT yet so I don't know. Watch it ASAP, cheapo.

quanchi112
Nope. big grin Can Link tank the weaponry Bill has access to ?

Sacred 117
Can Link tank the weaponry Bill has access to ?

You mean the Hylian Shield and the durability to tank explosives capable of reducing large building-sized stone against a pair of automatic weapons and a few munitions?

Yeah, I think he can, and it doesn't hurt to mention that Link carries those same said explosives that he can fire from his bow.

Just something else to consider... along with my main point from earlier... if you ever get around to it.

The Scenario

Sure I do, but I was just going for the quickest way to end the thread.

So what does each character have?

quanchi112
You mean the Hylian Shield and the durability to tank explosives capable of reducing large building-sized stone against a pair of automatic weapons and a few munitions?

Yeah, I think he can, and it doesn't hurt to mention that Link carries those same said explosives that he can fire from his bow.

Just something else to consider... along with my main point from earlier... if you ever get around to it. Link has never shown the speed to react to bullets. He has been ko'd by clubs for crying out loud. Acting like a shield covers him from the explosives and gunfire Bill can use simultaneously is ridiculous.

Gunfire>>>> bow fire.

Speak up, boy.

quanchi112
Sure I do, but I was just going for the quickest way to end the thread.

So what does each character have? Weaponry and exceptional reflexes against much quicker opponents than Link.

The Scenario
Weaponry and exceptional reflexes against much quicker opponents than Link.

Okay, but that didn't answer the question.

What specific equipment does Link have and what specific equipment does Cage have?

Sacred 117
Link has never shown the speed to react to bullets. He has been ko'd by clubs for crying out loud. Acting like a shield covers him from the explosives and gunfire Bill can use simultaneously is ridiculous.

Gunfire>>>> bow fire.

Speak up, boy.

Lollowballing. He tanked Bulbin's axe, and the shield is indestructible as per lore statement and developer intent.

Not when the bow has shot out of atmosphere and damaged stronger things than Bill.

Go back to page 1. I'm not going to your reading for you.

God Cloth Seiya
So you are just ****ing stupid. Cage is below captain America, batman, and Electra.

While link is all above them,

Sacred 117
Weaponry and exceptional reflexes against much quicker opponents than Link.

Care to back that up? My guess is 'no.'

quanchi112
Okay, but that didn't answer the question.

What specific equipment does Link have and what specific equipment does Cage have? Exosuit and the weapons contained there in. Link has his master sword, bow and arrow, bombs, hook shot and shield.

quanchi112
Lollowballing. He tanked Bulbin's axe, and the shield is indestructible as per lore statement and developer intent.

Not when the bow has shot out of atmosphere and damaged stronger things than Bill.

Go back to page 1. I'm not going to your reading for you. Tanking the axe doesn't mean he is invulnerable to axes. Clubs ko'd him. No limits fallacy and that doesn't protect his entire body from the effects of explosions either.

You need to prove it is faster than bulletfire. You can't but will proclaim it anyways.

You are fanboying it up already.

quanchi112
Is this supposed to make sense ?

The Scenario
Can Cage tank the bomb arrow?

quanchi112
Care to back that up? My guess is 'no.' Watch the mimics movement speed and watch Link and Dorf's fight. Awfully slow compared to the mimics.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Can Cage tank the bomb arrow? Depends where it hits him. I don't see link ever getting the chance to fire it without dying though. Cage has faster projectiles, multiple guns, and explosives he can all aim at link simultaneously.

Sacred 117
Tanking the axe doesn't mean he is invulnerable to axes. Clubs ko'd him. No limits fallacy and that doesn't protect his entire body from the effects of explosions either.

You need to prove it is faster than bulletfire. You can't but will proclaim it anyways.

You are fanboying it up already.

Of course, you once again chose to forget his "awakening", or his improvement throughout the game. How about I reference Bill being an incompetent screw-up and a coward at the start of the movie. Also, the explosives won't matter if they can't match Link's; the power of which I've already stated.

I could, actually, but I'll wait until you make a legible case for once in your life. You me yours, I'll show you mine. I'll be waiting.

Try actually responding to what I say.

Watch the mimics movement speed and watch Link and Dorf's fight. Awfully slow compared to the mimics.

laughing out loud

So, you ask for definitive "proof", but you get to make assumtions?

Yeah, no.

quanchi112
Of course, you once again chose to forget his "awakening", or his improvement throughout the game. How about I reference Bill being an incompetent screw-up and a coward at the start of the movie. Also, the explosives won't matter if they can't match Link's; the power of which I've already stated.

I could, actually, but I'll wait until you make a legible case for once in your life. You me yours, I'll show you mine. I'll be waiting.

Try actually responding to what I say.

So, you ask for definitive "proof", but you get to make assumtions?

Yeah, no. I have heard the excuse before but you have no definitive proof that his durability was amped later throughout the game. Bill was a coward but his skills improved greatly just like Link's did. I never said otherwise because that is accurate.

They will matter when they connect.

I already have but you are a fanboy and deny reality at every turn.

Yep.

Sacred 117
I have heard the excuse before but you have no definitive proof that his durability was amped later throughout the game. Bill was a coward but his skills improved greatly just like Link's did. I never said otherwise because that is accurate.

They will matter when they connect.

I already have but you are a fanboy and deny reality at every turn.

Yep.

There you go. You denied AND admitted Link's improvement in the same paragraph, and even Link's physical showcases become progressively more impressive. You can infer that without making assumptions (as much as you like to do that).

Link's own munitions, which are demonstrably more powerful than Cage's, are barely capable of harming him, and this is assuming (again) that they do, in fact, hit him. He would honestly deplete his reserves before killing Link.

I made the most refined case in this thread at its start, and you dodged it because you know I'm right.

Nope. thumb up

The Scenario
Depends where it hits him. I don't see link ever getting the chance to fire it without dying though. Cage has faster projectiles, multiple guns, and explosives he can all aim at link simultaneously.

So assuming Link hits, Cage can't tank the bomb arrow?

quanchi112
So assuming Link hits, Cage can't tank the bomb arrow? He is human but Cage's accuracy and reflexes will assure that never happens.

The Scenario
He is human but Cage's accuracy and reflexes will assure that never happens.

Okay.

I'm just making sure we all know that Link's weaponry is capable of one-shotting Cage.

quanchi112
There you go. You denied AND admitted Link's improvement in the same paragraph, and even Link's physical showcases become progressively more impressive. You can infer that without making assumptions (as much as you like to do that).

Link's own munitions, which are demonstrably more powerful than Cage's, are barely capable of harming him, and this is assuming (again) that they do, in fact, hit him. He would honestly deplete his reserves before killing Link.

I made the most refined case in this thread at its start, and you dodged it because you know I'm right.

Nope. thumb up Link can't move at all close to as quick as the Mimics. Watch the film and if you believe link can replicate the impressive movement speed then post evidence.

That is a game play mechanic and if someone cuts his throat he dies. He doesn't need to wear down his hearts via gameplay.

No, you didn't. You are crying right now because you know Link loses.

Sacred 117
Link can't move at all close to as quick as the Mimics. Watch the film and if you believe link can replicate the impressive movement speed then post evidence.

That is a game play mechanic and if someone cuts his throat he dies. He doesn't need to wear down his hearts via gameplay.

No, you didn't. You are crying right now because you know Link loses.

There you go deciding based on assumption again. (I'm starting to see a pattern here) The funny thing is that he actually doesn't have to. He's well enough defended to win this match without taking a single step.

Seeing as this has never happened, how about showing me where you get your information? I'll then proceed to give a shit about your request.

I'll take you seriously when you make an honest effort to address that point. Even so much as naming it would be a start, and for you, a sign of progress.

Still waiting...

EDIT: Also, since this apparently takes place in Hyrule Field, how far apart are the contestants at the start of the fight?

quanchi112
Okay.

I'm just making sure we all know that Link's weaponry is capable of one-shotting Cage. If it hits him in the right spots but it won't so don't worry about Tommy Cruisey.

Sacred 117
If it hits him in the right spots but it won't so don't worry about Tommy Cruisey.

He got killed by traffic. I'd say he has plenty to worry about.

As for "the right spots", Link hit an inch thick pole from the other end of a canyon at a lower altitude.

quanchi112
There you go deciding based on assumption again. (I'm starting to see a pattern here) The funny thing is that he actually doesn't have to. He's well enough defended to win this match without taking a single step.

Seeing as this has never happened, how about showing me where you get your information? I'll then proceed to give a shit about your request.

I'll take you seriously when you make an honest effort to address that point. Even so much as naming it would be a start, and for you, a sign of progress.

Still waiting...

EDIT: Also, since this apparently takes place in Hyrule Field, how far apart are the contestants at the start of the fight? Based on ?

Clubs hit him a few times and he was defeated. No hearts were involved and Zant defeated him with tk as well.

Addressing what point ?

50 feet.

Sacred 117
Based on ?

Clubs hit him a few times and he was defeated. No hearts were involved and Zant defeated him with tk as well.

Addressing what point ?

50 feet.

The shield and his durability. Derp.

I never mentioned "hearts", and he also beat Zant's ass, in case you forgot about that too.

Shows how much you pay attention. Try making this a little more fun again.

Fair enough. Now with that in mind, think about that accuracy feat I mentioned.

The Scenario
So yeah, all I'm getting from this thread is that Link shoots Cage and then Cage dies.

ScreamPaste
There was a recent calc on Link's arrows that made me laugh pretty hard.

StealthRanger
Which one?

ScreamPaste
Someone in a Death Battle thread on FB calculated that to wake up a Goron Link's arrows would have to be around 12% the speed of light or something.

StealthRanger
So in other words a speed from KE calc? Yeah, we all know how those don't work

ScreamPaste
They actually do return proper results as often as other calcs do. The problem is calcs in general these days, lol.

It's about application.

BloodRain
Only if it's shown in-verse that speed is contributing the force, I think.

ScreamPaste
Those usually work, but again can be easily misapplied.

BloodRain
Oh wait this is a overall force / mass thing to get speed, right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.