Darth Malgus vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
TCW Darth Maul

vs

TOR trailers Darth Malgus

Darth Martin
Malgus.

Looked like he was more around Dooku's level than Maul.

Psychotron
Do trailers for video games even count here?

StealthRanger
Why would you go off trailers anyways?

Placidity
I'd give Trailer Malgus over Palps.

Yea, I did.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Placidity
I'd give Trailer Malgus over Palps.

Yea, I did.

Take that back right now.

BruceSkywalker
Maul mauls his arse back from whence he came

Placidity
Originally posted by Psychotron
Take that back right now.

Far more skilled in every regard.

Much faster.

Only reason people think Palps is better is because he is "supposed" to be better. I'm going with on-screen feats alone.

mm4JEZudf0c

V2R57ZU2TF0

Robtard
Palpatine would solo both those film clips so hard.

Placidity
Malgus wouldn't even bother fighting grandpa palps, his bounty hunter would take care of it.

These trailer fights are what people wished the movies were like.

Robtard
Indeed. That first fight between the two Sith and Jedi is badass.

KingD19
You should post up the video of Malgus very Satele Shan and that ttooper captain. That's the level of force stuff I'd like to see all the time but only get in games and the original Clone Wars cartoon.

Placidity
z0RuR3FREFw

ares834
These trailer fights are what people wished the movies were like.

Nah.

Psychotron
Far more skilled in every regard.

Much faster.

Only reason people think Palps is better is because he is "supposed" to be better. I'm going with on-screen feats alone.

Sids soloed 3 Jedi Masters in seconds, Malgus got tackled by a non-force user and pwned by a girl. Sidious' Force feats are also better.

Also, if we go by trailers then Starkiller rapestomps Malgus and he lost to Sidious in-game.

Placidity
Sids soloed 3 Jedi Masters in seconds

Sounds good in writing. Not so good on film, they were slow as snails.

Pk4AiCnMqpg

Ugh, Jedi "Masters"... so slow and inept. Even if you are up against a vastly superior foe, doesn't mean you have to look so useless against someone so slow.

The fact people even defend that scene reeks of bias.

Malgus got tackled by a non-force user

Cherry picking outlier low end feat. Plus he was distracted. Vader did the same thing to Palps, and he simply picked him up, and threw him down the shaft, no force powers involved.

and pwned by a girl.

When you phrase it like that, you are confirming you aren't really debating this honestly.

Satele was the Grand Master of the Jedi Order - the same position that Yoda and Luke Skywalker held.

But lets not just go with titles, she forced absorbed a mother effing lightsaber blade, AND she shattered a cliff side with the force - which by the way, Malgus survived.

Sidious' Force feats are also better.

He does, but that is because Malgus didn't use it much. Windu didn't have better force feats than Palps either.

Also, if we go by trailers then Starkiller rapestomps Malgus and he lost to Sidious in-game.

But there is no "if's" about whether we go by trailers, that is what this topic is.

Agree - going by screen feats, Starkiller utterly destroys Malgus. What happens in-game is not trailer on-screen feat. And I would even agree with your A>B>C logic here, if it were applicable to the topic.

Game Palps is not Movie Palps, thats the point - Movie Palps or other characters are inferior to the depictions in games/cartoons when it comes to on-screen feats.

Psychotron
Sounds good in writing. Not so good on film, they were slow as snails.

Pk4AiCnMqpg

Ugh, Jedi "Masters"... so slow and inept. Even if you are up against a vastly superior foe, doesn't mean you have to look so useless against someone so slow.

The fact people even defend that scene reeks of bias.

Cherry picking outlier low end feat. Plus he was distracted. Vader did the same thing to Palps, and he simply picked him up, and threw him down the shaft, no force powers involved.

When you phrase it like that, you are confirming you aren't really debating this honestly.

Satele was the Grand Master of the Jedi Order - the same position that Yoda and Luke Skywalker held.

But lets not just go with titles, she forced absorbed a mother effing lightsaber blade, AND she shattered a cliff side with the force - which by the way, Malgus survived.

He does, but that is because Malgus didn't use it much. Windu didn't have better force feats than Palps either.

But there is no "if's" about whether we go by trailers, that is what this topic is.

Agree - going by screen feats, Starkiller utterly destroys Malgus. What happens in-game is not trailer on-screen feat. And I would even agree with your A>B>C logic here, if it were applicable to the topic.

Game Palps is not Movie Palps, thats the point - Movie Palps or other characters are inferior to the depictions in games/cartoons when it comes to on-screen feats.

That's just because Sidious was that fast. Not to mention that Sidious kept up with Yoda and his absurd fighting style. Then there's his fight with Maul and Savage in TCW which shits all over Malgus.

Malgus barely even stopped that soldier with his lightning, Sidious would have fried him.

I'm pretty sure she wasn't the Grandmaster at that point, and just because she holds the same position doesn't mean she's anywhere near their level.

Are you joking? Windu was smashing battle droids with his Force-amped punches.

Except game Sidious and Movie Sidious are the same characters. They don't exist in different realities, they're not Earth 1 Palpatine and Earth 2 Palpatine.

Placidity
That's just because Sidious was that fast.

No he wasn't. Just asserting he is isn't an argument. We can see how slow he moves and his strikes were on screen.

Then there's his fight with Maul and Savage in TCW which shits all over Malgus.

That's not Movie Palps, an important point you do not grasp or avoid on purpose.

Malgus barely even stopped that soldier with his lightning, Sidious would have fried him.

Already addressed - Low end feat cherry picking. Not going to stop Palps from being diced.

I'm pretty sure she wasn't the Grandmaster at that point, and just because she holds the same position doesn't mean she's anywhere near their level.

Are you joking? I addressed both your points directly which you somehow conveniently skipped over.

Are you joking? Windu was smashing battle droids with his Force-amped punches.

Except game Sidious and Movie Sidious are the same characters. They don't exist in different realities, they're not Earth 1 Palpatine and Earth 2 Palpatine.

Movie Windu did not smash battle droids.

Movie Sidious is not the same as game/TCW/EU Sidious.

Movie is canon, the others are not.

If media/versions don't matter, why the need to specify which version is in this fight? Suddenly there is no distinction between canon (feats) and EU?

Can Impediment make a ruling on this case? If I were to create a thread a specifying "Movie Palpatine" only, does that include EU? I understand TV feats are allowed but there is still a distinction, especially if specified.

It is such a simple point I can't believe you even trying to argue it.

You are being extremely dishonest.

No point debating anything else if you insist Movie Palps is the same as EU Palps.

NemeBro
Or you could send this to Star Wars Versus. Where it belongs.

Psychotron
Fine, if we only use canon Sidious then TCW still counts and he completely shitstopms Malgus based on his TCW feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.