Return of the King Spoilers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kiwi_Elf
Vendui...

Here are a couple of spoilers from an "inside source" Its up to you all whether you want to believe them.

Namaarie
King Oropher

Sauron will be standing off against Aragorn in hand to hand combat.

Men of Gondor surround them both and Legolas shouts "Aragorn!" as a warning, then Aragorn with Anduril in hand rushes the Dark Lord who looked like he was in different armor than when we saw him in the prologue. It is not an even fight and Aragorn is nearly knocked to death as the countdown to the destruction of the ring begins. I guess the goal is to make the audience wonder if the ring will be destroyed before Aragorn is smeared all over Mordor!

Another thing I saw was the death of Saruman. Grima slits Saruman's throat and kicks him over the edge of Orthanc where he is impaled on the wheel, then Legolas shoots an arrow high into the air and is laughed at by Grima as it soars over his head, as Grima is mocking the seemingly inaccurate Legolas the arrow comes spiraling down straight through Grima's skull!

-modedit: whether is true or not is uncertain, but it still gives away spoilers so spoilertags are needed.

Captain REX
I hope Grima's death is true. That would be awesome!

As for Sauron fighting Aragorn, I had posted something about that already. Glad to know I'm not crazy though! big grin

Welcome to the boards Kiwi Elf!

Mujaffa
blink

Captain REX
Got something in your eye, Muj?

thelotrlovr15
i knew that Saruman was going to fall to his death but not like that...thanx

And it is cool because in the book it doesn't say how Saruman dies only that he does die... It is cool that Peter Jackson did that!!!

Captain REX
Actually, the book does say how Saruman dies. Saruman tries to kill Frodo with a dagger, but the dagger breaks. He kicks Wormtongue and tells him to come. Wormtongue follows, but then slits Saruman's throat. Saruman's spirit rises and looks to the...what direction was it again? Anyway, then the hobbits gun down Grima with arrows as he runs off laughing maniacally.

Phoenix
Wow... If that's all true, they've mangled the book even worse than I thought...

teehee... Not that I mind... Orlando Bloom....

thetwotowers
I hope that Saruman dies like Captain REX said!! i also hope that the Legolas story is true

Orlando Bloom smile

Captain REX
Orlanda Bloom...

*starts strangling the actor*

Anyway, that's just how it was in the book. Kiwi Elf's preview of Saruman dying seems more likely though.

chica16
I saw that there were pictures of Saruman falling onto some wheel like somebody posted earlier.. but i heard these pictures were fake to make everybody thinks that's what happens

mirkwood#2queen
no sarumon does not die

drunk_nazgul
Yeah, he escapes to Valinore where he marries Elrond against his will.
laughing out loud
Those were some... revealing spoilers. Nice. Cool. PAIN!

Saruman, I think you just got yer traitor butt kicked!

OrliNElijahsGrl
ohhhh WOW! those were some awesome spoilers, i hope the saruman death is true, and the legolas arrow hitting grima one! how awesome! GRUESOME! but loving it
OHHH THE EXCITEMENT

drunk_nazgul
Happy Dance

Dudes... Watch out for arrows flyin' directly upwards. eek!

nemo
is the sauron taking up arms gainst aragorn true?
if it is, then it would be sad, i like the idea of sauron sitting in his tower with the eye watching for enermy and his orces fighting for him better.

OrliNElijahsGrl
the excitement just builds and builds more and more...ahhh waiting for so long is gonna be the death of me!!

hehehe

johnnys#1 fan
me too!

varda_luthien
i dont think that aragorn will fight sauron hand in hand because that means sauron will have a body which means that he accomplished what he wanted, which is to get the ring! in the books, it is said that sauron does not have a body because when his body was destroyed in the 2nd age, his spirit cannot form a new body. but in order to have a body he needs to have the ring first. so does that mean he has the ring????!! confused but its cool to see them fighting in person! and hope that legolas will kill grima as said by kiwi! stick out tongue rock

Sifer
PJ has recorded 5 different Saruman death's smile Also, the person facing Aragorn could possibly by "The Mouth of Sauron" who believe it or not is gonna have a helmet covering his eyes and have only his mouth showing (a decaying one at that).

Sifer
Also - If Sauron cannot take physical form - how did he become a Necromancer? smile Bake those noodles and read over those books again big grin

orlisgrl15
i feel kind of bad no 4 reading this cause i feel like i know a lot about the movie. oh well. i read it cause im so exited happy well ne ways these r excellent spoilers thanx 4 sharing!!!

Exa
I also heard that Sauron-thing, but if I'm not completely wrong, PJ stated in an interview some weeks ago that we won't see Sauron's body.

Exa
Some pictures with some possible spoilers...

http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/group/1056

http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/group/1060

http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/group/1058

http://www.lovelylivtyler.com/showpic.html?url=/pictures/lotr/lotr1611.jpg&title=Lord_Of_The_Rings&text=

chica16
I AM SO FREAKIN EXCITED

bLooMiLiCioUs
tell me abt it!!!! it'll be sooo cool!!!!!!!! plus i can't wait to see orli againwink but hey, that's not my only reason!!!haha can't wait to see him shootin arrows againsmile

Exa
lol big grin
I cant wait for Minas Morgul...

sauron
i cant wait for the WHOLE DAMN THING

(hope p.j decides to give me the ring in the end muahahahaha) like the sig?

nephalim27
Sauron lost his physical body (I don't know whether he gets it back) in the Silmarillion,

*CANT GET SPOILER TAGS WORKING*
he turns into a wolf and fights Huan the wolf, trying to fulfill Huan's destiny to get killed by a giant wolf, but gets mortally wounded (and obviously loses) and is forced to leave his physical flesh to survive.)
*END OF SPOILER TAG PROBLEMS*

Exa

KingOfGondor
I like it when the death of Saruman happens.

sauron
poor sauron, its bad losing your body ONCE (voldemorts always whining) BUT THREE TIMES, at least he never gives up

the persistant always win, eventually

nephalim27
I'm fairly certain it IS said that Sauron took physical form when he was starting to build up his power for the last time in Mirkwood.

muse5
this isn't a spoiler, well kinda so i'll put the tag up i was reading this book called arms and wars or something like that in borders, it's this book about all of the battles and weapons in middle earth (maybe that's the title?!) and i read that eowyn and faramir do infact get married, this book was going by the movies not the books, i'm happy! that's one of my favorite parts in the book that was just kind of up in the air, i was so happy when i read that

DOM_MonaghanFAN
who all dies in the movie??

DOM_MonaghanFAN
who does aragorn end ^ with?

DOM_MonaghanFAN
omigosh i just founf out EOWYN AND FARAMIR GET HITCHED!!!

Exa
The name of the book is, I think, "Weapons and Warfare"... by John Howe and what-was-his name...

But you'll have to wait another year to see it

I loved that scene in the book

Member.
Aragorn dies of old age. Arwen doesn't die of old age. Frodo and Smeagol have a big fight about the ring on Mount Doom. Smeagol destroys the ring, not Frodo. Minas Tirith will be huge.

Verity
Yikes! Well if that spoiler's true, at least they found a way to come thru close to the story!..... cool

airangel429
I saw the trailer...it looks AWESOME!!! I saw it over the weekend when I went to see Matrix 3...that was good too!

DOM_MonaghanFAN
if no 1 knows, Faramir and eowyn hook ^ big grin

LegolasIsMyMan
This movie is going to be huge, and i believe that the end of the movie*or the ring being destroyed * will be different than in the book. I just don't think that PJ will keep it the same, but if he does, tthat will be a wonderful scene.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.