Music Education & Education in General

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chris 1986
I was a music education major for a year in college.

How do you feel about the education system from when you were in grade school and if you were interested in it in college?

Was anyone in band?

Shakyamunison
I was in the band West of Arizona, and we never made it big, but did play a lot.

Chris 1986
I was in band 1 term in junior high, high school, and college.

I've played ensembles on piano|keyboard|something like that on organ, as well.

It was amazing going into college in the education field, particularly for band|orchestra and choir, too.

My most amazing experience was being in college band on bells. I intend to go back to that college after 8 years.

I held an interest in education, politics, and used to read up on things like Harvard and Harvard dating, racism. People need to realize other races have "benefits." It's funny that non-European white people happen to not be shaped like darker people. It seems that Asia is the only place with that shape. Dark people are like whites, it seems, if you are able to look past it all. I think racism and learning became big as I graduated high school. Music supposedly helps with learning, but after awhile it stops. I also learned that people who are white with a colored mom are smarter cuz they figure out things themselves. The funny thing about look at racism today however is that the skull might be important, too..

So, it seems multiculturalism in education has become big. In music, it's also played its role. They want racially white teachers moreso. It's very racist. I don't even want to be non-white. So, that's like saying I'm dumb and it's not my fault.

Tzeentch
I played trombone in middle school and never touched another instrument again.

Someday though, when I'm not a shit head, I'm going to learn to play the Piano.

Bardock42
I once listened to a CD

Impediment
I was in the marching band all through junior high and high school.

Lestov16
I was in chorus during 4, 5, and 6th grade. But it was really just out of obligation. Never aspired to be a musician, although I could sing Rapper's Delight nigh-perfectly

AsbestosFlaygon
I was in a band back in high school. Played keyboards/organ/piano.

Bands were never meant to last. But I can say I enjoyed every gig we went to.

After that brief stint, I learned how to use synths. Helped me in my career path.

My thoughts about education in general:
It helped me develop my artistic and analytical skills.
I think it is important for kids to stay in school and try to finish tertiary education to hone their skills and ready themselves on life after school.

Lestov16
As far as the educational system goes, I dropped out and got my GED (highest score in the county smile ). I don't blame the school itself though as much as the peer pressure. It's only after I left that I realized too late that school was for learning rather than forging friendships. I regard it as the worst mistake I made.

Chris 1986
Tzeentch

Trombone! Must have been fun!

Piano is fun, too! You can accompany.

Bardock42

big grin

Impediment

Wow, I'm impressed. I'm very interested! smile I guess I'd play the flute cuz I'd want to be a solo player, as well. I love the band, maybe even more than an orchestra. I took violin for education for a year, too.

If I get famous, I will probably go back to college and be in the band. If I go now, I'm not sure what I'd go for: theater, singing, music education.

Lestov16

My major years of good choir were those grades, too.

Yea, I became more of a musician when I started piano at 9 1/2. I got the later beginner book.. At least I already knew all the notes from music class.

AbestosFlaygon

Wow! I also was an organist, but not as much and long as I wanted.

Yea, sometimes band, the impetus comes and it goes.

Synths, yes, I loved the keyboard when I was a kid.

I'm glad that you developed your artistic skills. Yes, it is good to know certain things for later.

You seem quite well-rounded and educated! smile

Lestov16

Aw.. yea I miss school, too. Community college might be fun, or I may go back to my old college with my 2nd highest scholarship.

Wow, the highest GED score, congrats! smile In music school in the summer, I got a perfect score and won the top award, as well!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.