Captain America vs Deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

relentless1
Cap (MCU) vs Deathstroke (Arrow):

Caps got his Shield, Deathstroke has his Sword

fight to the death in the jungle, who wins?

Firefly218
Cap stomps

God Cloth Seiya
Durability goes to Deathstroke, not sure on everything else.

BruceSkywalker
As someone who actually watches Arrow, i can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Slade loses

KingD19
Even with Hokie Pokie?

FrothByte
As someone who actually watches Arrow, I can say with certainty that Slade is stronger and tougher than Cap. Not as skilled though.

marwash22
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
As someone who actually watches Arrow, i can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Slade loses Originally posted by FrothByte
As someone who actually watches Arrow, I can say with certainty that Slade is stronger and tougher than Cap. Not as skilled though. As someone who actually watches Arrow, I can say without any equivocation and with supreme confidence that Cap beats the ever loving shit outta Slade.

Slade was matched in speed by Oliver, ffs.

Firefly218
Originally posted by marwash22
As someone who actually watches Arrow, I can say without any equivocation and with supreme confidence that Cap beats the ever loving shit outta Slade.

Slade was matched in speed by Oliver, ffs.

thumb up

I've seen both seasons of Arrow. Slade gets stomped. Cap is more skilled, stronger, faster and not mentally ill.

FrothByte
Slade and his mirakuru boys were taking multiple gunshots at point blank range and still kept fighting seemingly without feeling any pain.

Cap has never shown that kind of durability.

Strength and durability goes to Slade. Speed and skill goes to Cap.

marwash22
bullets don't hit with the force of Cap. erm

FrothByte
Originally posted by marwash22
bullets don't hit with the force of Cap. erm

Cap doesn't hit with the force of Slade. Plus the point was that bullets hurt Cap more than they hurt the mirakuru offspring of Slade.

marwash22
1. Slade isn't strong enough to hurt Cap.

2. Point 1 is moot because Slade isn't fast enough to land a blow.

Also, Cap actually has better feats of strength, including knocking armored men 20 feet and lifting a multi-ton steel beam.

Cap breaks his neck.

Firefly218
There's absolutely no way Slade will get a hand or sword on Cap. As long as he has his shield, cap stomps. Without his shield, it'd be a closer fight.

FrothByte
Slade isn't strong enough to hurt Cap?
Have you even watched Arrow?

The mirakuru guys were easily throwing around metal crates.

Mindset
Originally posted by FrothByte
Cap doesn't hit with the force of Slade. Plus the point was that bullets hurt Cap more than they hurt the mirakuru offspring of Slade. I don't remember Slade being stronger than Cap, like at all.

Arachnid1

The mirakuru guys were easily throwing around metal crates. Not to mention Solomon Grudy (who was on the same serum) smashed Arrow through the passenger door of a truck, and a good ten feet further with a one handed punch. He also uppercutted him up a good 30 feet where he hit a metal tube on the ceiling (so he would have gone much farther) breaking it before he came back down for a round house that sent him sideways similarly.

I don't see cap having trouble doing the same though. Cap is definitely stronger. I'd give durability to Wade, and I'd give them a tie in speed. Caps not that fast. Batroc was able to tag him a few times and match him in speed just fine, though strength allowed Cap to smash through him when he tried. Wade would more than a few slashes in.

Cap gets strength and skill. Deathstroke gets durability (as well as a healing factor that helps a ton), as well as lethal weapon. They are matched in speed. I'd give this one a good 5/10 for both of them.

KingD19
Cap's shield is also lethal if he chooses to use it that way. He cut off that Chitauri's arm with ease and it's clear if he puts enough force behind it will cut through Slade like butter.

BruceSkywalker
normal human beat Slade folks hahahahaha

Firefly218

The mirakuru guys were easily throwing around metal crates.

Cap's shield withstood the force of a 100+ foot drop, Thor's hammer and has lots of other durability feats I don't feel like naming.

Slades punches are easily deflected by Cap's shield. Cap is way way faster, so slade aint gonna get past the shield.

Arachnid1
normal human beat Slade folks hahahahaha Yes, after Slade lost his powers.

How would cap do against Batroc if you took away the serum??

Firefly218
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Yes, after Slade lost his powers.

Slade WITH his powers allowed Arrow to get the drop on him, long enough for Arrow to inject him with the Mirakuru cure.

BruceSkywalker
Yes, after Slade lost his powers.

normal Ollie stood toe to toe with Slade, so absolutely no reason for me to think that Cap can't stand toe to toe with Slade ..

your second statement is very ignorant as steve rogers would revert back to a 90 lb weakling wimp.... besides this isn't the comics where rogers has lost the super soldier serum

DTM
Id probably support Cap here, but it would be a very close match up. I too watch Arrow, and was a big fan of him and how they handled Deathstroke there, but in the end Caps Shield is a deciding factor (being perfect for both defense and offense), unlike Deathstrokes sword. If DS can all of his weaponry (guns, explosives, etc) I could see DS taking it slightly more than Cap.

FrothByte
normal Ollie stood toe to toe with Slade, so absolutely no reason for me to think that Cap can't stand toe to toe with Slade ..

your second statement is very ignorant as steve rogers would revert back to a 90 lb weakling wimp.... besides this isn't the comics where rogers has lost the super soldier serum

And normal Batroc stood toe to toe with Cap. No one's saying that Slade can easily stomp Cap, but I also find it ridiculous for people to think Cap can easily beat Slade. I'd say Cap wins a hard fought victory due to superior weaponry.

KingD19
Batroc didn't stand toe to toe with Cap. Cap grossly underestimated him due to fighting nothing but regular people on his ship up to that point. And Batroc was a lot more skilled than they were. It simply caught him off guard. Once he stopped BS'ing he dropped Ze Lepair in like 4 seconds.

BruceSkywalker
And normal Batroc stood toe to toe with Cap. No one's saying that Slade can easily stomp Cap, but I also find it ridiculous for people to think Cap can easily beat Slade. I'd say Cap wins a hard fought victory due to superior weaponry.

its because Slade loses in the first place...

Firefly218
And normal Batroc stood toe to toe with Cap. Nope. Only for maybe 3 seconds. Then Batroc got stomped

Arachnid1

your second statement is very ignorant as steve rogers would revert back to a 90 lb weakling wimp.... besides this isn't the comics where rogers has lost the super soldier serum 1. You're a jackass.

2. Theres nothing ignorant about it. Its the perfect parallel to your statement. Slade was never beaten with the serum in him.

And normal Batroc stood toe to toe with Cap. No one's saying that Slade can easily stomp Cap, but I also find it ridiculous for people to think Cap can easily beat Slade. I'd say Cap wins a hard fought victory due to superior weaponry. This. People continue to oversell and wank cap. The dude used the get the ass end of these forums before his outstanding second movie.

He in no way stomps Slade.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Batroc didn't stand toe to toe with Cap. Cap grossly underestimated him due to fighting nothing but regular people on his ship up to that point. And Batroc was a lot more skilled than they were. It simply caught him off guard. Once he stopped BS'ing he dropped Ze Lepair in like 4 seconds.

Yes and same can be said for Slade. Oliver stood up to him for only a time then started to get his ass handed to him. If he didn't inject Slade with the anti-serum he'd have been toast.

Firefly218
Yes and same can be said for Slade. Oliver stood up to him for only a time then started to get his ass handed to him. If he didn't inject Slade with the anti-serum he'd have been toast.

You can't honestly compare the Batroc-Cap fight with the Slade-Arrow fight.

It was obvious in the Batroc-Cap fight that Cap was physically superior. Cap just let his guard down for a second and Batroc got a lucky hit. Then, with full focus, Cap proceeded to dominate the **** out of Batroc.

In the Slade-Arrow fight, Arrow physically matched Slade for a prolonged duration. And Slade HAD his powers in that fight. The reason Arrow was able to match Slade was because of speed and skill, not strength. Slade had superior strength, but it was with speed and skill that Arrow got the drop on him.

Cap would handily defeat Slade without his shield. WITH his shield, Cap stomps Slade.

Firefly218
1. You're a jackass.

2. Theres nothing ignorant about it. Its the perfect parallel to your statement. Slade was never beaten with the serum in him.

This. People continue to oversell and wank cap. The dude used the get the ass end of these forums before his outstanding second movie.

But it is ignorant... Captain America IS the serum, Cap is defined by the serum.

Deathstroke, on the other hand, is not defined by the serum. Deathstroke is simply augmented by the serum. Without it, he's still a powerful/skilled mercenary.

Thats cuz in his second movie, Cap had some outstanding feats. Thus, the increase in respect.

BruceSkywalker
1. You're a jackass.

This. People continue to oversell and wank cap. The dude used the get the ass end of these forums before his outstanding second movie.

He in no way stomps Slade.

Watch it little punk .. I am in no mood for assholes like you.. I can easily ask a global to come in here and have a nice chat with you.... your statement is very ignorant as that has never ever happened in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.. I guess you need to watch a television that airs Arrow instead of being another Quan and just watch youtube clips.. AGAIN, ARROW WHO IS A NORMAL HUMAN BEING(HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TERM) MATCHED SLADE THEN OLLIE GOT THE DROP ON SLADE AND DEFEATED HIM... no need for me to wank anyone, I am just going by the fracking screenfeats....

Cap wins.. live it, love it , understand it

FrothByte
I just rewatched the final fight in Arrow between Oliver and Slade. Felicity injected Slade with the anti-serum BEFORE Oliver fought Slade. So for all of you saying Oliver matched Slade, that was a normal Slade that he fought.

As far as I can recall, Oliver never matched Slade while Slade had the mirakuru in him. If he did, please feel free to point out which episode and which scene.

S_W_LeGenD
Captain America, IMO.

Rage.Of.Olympus
WRd-CeWzZrs

That leap at 0:24 was pretty impressive. It wasn't shown as often as in the Winter Solder but even in the first film, he was crazy agile.

wallman77
as much as I love how badass slade was...cap wins. their durability may be on the same level. cap has survived some serious falls. if I remember correctly, didn't slade swim to mainland from the island? or at least the sinkng ship that was near the island... He was "cut down to the bones by the rocks and debris in the ocean" but made it anyway. that tells me he was on the ocean floor no? how did he breathe tho??? either way he literally soldiered it. that's an incredible durability feat. the dude can take punishment. id give him slight edge in durability and healing factor. strength, speed, and skill go to cap. cap is also used to fighting super humans. slade on the other hand is not, and would most likely grossly underestimate mr "stars and stripes" boy scout. slade is quite cocky and it would prove his downfall. the fight would be a lot harder to judge if it was pure h2h but with shield? cap pulls it 8/10

Impediment
If we could all put our penises away, please, and cease the back & forth, please? Yeah, that's be great, m'kay?

Cap wins, also. Caps feats are waaaaay better than Deathstroke's. Yes, I've seen the tv series.

FrothByte
And yet people refuse to acknowledge that Batroc was able to keep up with Cap for a time whereas Oliver and his team couldn't stand up against Slade while he had the mirakuru.

KingD19
Because Cap underestimated him. As soon as he realized Batroc had some skill, he beat him down in moments.

Silent Master
Seems more like the DS side is ignoring why Batroc was able to keep up with Cap for a short time.

Lestov16
And the Cap side is ignoring that Slade had to be gimped to fight Ollie. TBH, I think Slade is physically superior, but Cap's shield and his skill with it is a huge advantage.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Lestov16
And the Cap side is ignoring that Slade had to be gimped to fight Ollie. TBH, I think Slade is physically superior, but Cap's shield and his skill with it is a huge advantage.

Yeah pretty much my thoughts. I still think Cap will win, but it will be a hard fight and he'll win through superior weaponry and slightly better skill.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Silent Master
Seems more like the DS side is ignoring why Batroc was able to keep up with Cap for a short time.

No one is ignoring it. But for whatever reasons, Batroc was still able to give a better showing against Cap than Oliver was able against Slade. And Slade's mirakuru children had better strength and durability feats than Cap. Cap still had better skill and agility feats though.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Silent Master

I never seen anyone wank a 30 second showing of Batroc more then you. Jesus, give it a rest.

wallman77
THIS^

wallman77
shield gives cap the edge most times outta ten, without it, much harder call

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.