The Celestials Vs 5 Dimensional Imps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/5d_zps6bfaa246.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/CS_zpsb26094c8.png

zopzop
Imps destroy.

iceman24567
Those 5 IMPs stomp no expression

janus77
Celestials are quite feeble nowadays, but even at their peak I don't think they would have been a match for a single Imp.

leonidas
lol i remember classic beyonder just beating the hell out of a whole mess of celestials for fun. and he wasn't even trying. 1 imp would pretty much end all the celestials i think....

Reflassshh
Originally posted by janus77
Celestials are quite feeble nowadays, but even at their peak I don't think they would have been a match for a single Imp. thumb up

quanchi112
Celestials win.

Golgo13
Originally posted by leonidas
lol i remember classic beyonder just beating the hell out of a whole mess of celestials for fun. and he wasn't even trying. 1 imp would pretty much end all the celestials i think....

I thought they've been getting some respect lately.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Golgo13
I thought they've been getting some respect lately.
That multiverse creation feat was the only decent thing they had going for themselves in a while. Everything else has been about them getting sh@t upon by the mainstream Marvelverse.

Though I think that a Nu52 Imp is more on the level of a high-end Celestial in terms of pure power, unlike the pre-reboot versions. Doubtful just one of them could obliterate the entire race as some idjits are implying in this thread.

Insane Titan
Classic Golgo

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Epicurus
That multiverse creation feat was the only decent thing they had going for themselves in a while. Everything else has been about them getting sh@t upon by the mainstream Marvelverse.

Though I think that a Nu52 Imp is more on the level of a high-end Celestial in terms of pure power, unlike the pre-reboot versions. Doubtful just one of them could obliterate the entire race as some idjits are implying in this thread.

You don't think WF's Mxy (whom some consider canon etc ) couldn't?

Operator/Mr master, I choose you!

They have used scan dump! It is most effective!

CadenceV2
Arnt there certain Celestials that are beyond universal in power like Scathan the Approver or even that dreaming Celestial?

Also didn't another Celestial transcend into a being equal of Fulcrum or whatever he is called? Basically on par or right below Living Tribunal?

I need to look it up now but I remember certain Celestials are way above universal level.

Epicurus
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You don't think WF's Mxy (whom some consider canon etc ) couldn't?

Operator/Mr master, I choose you!

They have used scan dump! It is most effective!
WF Mxy isn't pre-reboot. More importantly, I don't think you can read my posts with clarity in the first try.

Epicurus
Originally posted by CadenceV2
Arnt there certain Celestials that are beyond universal in power like Scathan the Approver or even that dreaming Celestial?

Also didn't another Celestial transcend into a being equal of Fulcrum or whatever he is called? Basically on par or right below Living Tribunal?

I need to look it up now but I remember certain Celestials are way above universal level.
Those are freakish outliers. Celestials in general average out as universal powers.

CadenceV2
Those are freakish outliers. Celestials in general average out as universal powers.

Was I remembering right about them though? Those certain Cestials being above universal? Been so long since I seen Celestials debated.

Epicurus
Originally posted by CadenceV2
Was I remembering right about them though? Those certain Cestials being above universal? Been so long since I seen Celestials debated.
As I said before; they are freakish outliers.

Most other Celestials are barely above skyfather level these days, and a recent Starlin-written comic also emphasized that an average Celestial was on the same level as Galactus, Stranger, In-Betweener, Odin and Zeus.

DarkSaint85
WF Mxy isn't pre-reboot. More importantly, I don't think you can read my posts with clarity in the first try.

All I saw was the word idjit, and leapt to my own defence.

leonidas
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
All I saw was the word idjit, and leapt to my own defence.

laughing out loud

yeah, i think it was directed at me too, but i don't really care enough to be defensive about it. thumb up

and for my part i was considering classic imps, as opposed to nu imps who (a) i don't know all that well and have only seen a couple times, and (b) don't have enough feats i don't think to really come to a fair judgement on.

mxy wipes out the race. thumb up

Epicurus
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

yeah, i think it was directed at me too, but i don't really care enough to be defensive about it. thumb up

and for my part i was considering classic imps, as opposed to nu imps who (a) i don't know all that well and have only seen a couple times, and (b) don't have enough feats i don't think to really come to a fair judgement on.

mxy wipes out the race. thumb up
That's because you are an Idjit. And so is anyone who doesn't agree with me in this thread.thumb up

You were considering the wrong imps then, as the OP put up a poster of the Nu-52 Imps.

How does Nu-52 Mxy wipe out the entire race? I can understand an argument being made for one, two, maybe even 2 Celestials, but all of them?

leonidas
as i said, i don't really know the nu imps, so you may well BE right in that regard. and who reads op's?? ok, perhaps i AM an idjit. but only THIS time. sneer

Epicurus
^I know that I am right in this, and every other regard.thumb up
maybe even 2 Celestials
*3 Celestials

Drat the edit function.

leonidas
idjit.

CatL18
Doesn't Spectre remember Pre Crisis Universe? and isn't he same being?
So, I think that 5th Dimensional Imps are the same being as Pre Crisis Imps.
What do you think?

operator616
Originally posted by CatL18
Doesn't Spectre remember Pre Crisis Universe? and isn't he same being?
So, I think that 5th Dimensional Imps are the same being as Pre Crisis Imps.
What do you think?

Yes he does remember; 1 quick example is in the last arc of Supergirl v4 (Many Happy Returns). And yes, he is the same being as pre-crisis though he did undergo a change in the 70s. Spectre was killed in Justice League of America #83 (1970), then returned and it was clarified in Adventure Comics #434 letter's page that this Spectre is Earth-One Spectre (the previous one was Earth-two), and later in America vs Justice Society it's revealed that Spectre had been popping from time to time as an alternate Jim Corrigan. Which also means that while the the Spectre's host is an alternate Corrigan, the Spectre-force is one and the same. Especially considering that in All Star Comics we see Earth-two Corrigan isn't Spectre's host.

No the imps aren't the same, Superman Family #208 already established that there are alternate versions of Mxy (Earth-Two Mxy, the one from the Golden Age era, is different from Earth-One Mxy, SA/BA era of PC), and pre-Crisis imps weren't nigh omnipotent beings , they were well below their post-crisis power level. Hell, pre-Crisis, Earth-One, Mxy was KOed by a regular rock thrown on his head.

Galan007
DCnU Imps don't have the feats to win... Mxy pulling a universe out of his derby hat is the best they've got.

Pre-Flashpoint Imps stomp horrendously, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.