Council Fight: NJO vs CW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
NJO vs Clone Wars, council fight!

The grand masters, Luke and Yoda, sit this one out.

Kyp Durron
Saba Sebatyne
Mara Jade
Jaina Solo
Jacen Solo
Corran Horn
Kyle Katarn
Kam Solusar

Vs

Mace Windu
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Plo Koon
Shaak Ti
Agen Kolar
Saesee Tiin
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Kit Fisto

How do things turn out?

ares834
NJO.

carthage
Not sure hmm

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ares834
NJO.

carthage
Katarn and Saba are arguably superior to any of the duelists of the TCW team, Caedus stated he'd have a difficult time with Saba in a fight.

Source: Legacy of the Force: Fury

I think Q or Newguy stated she defeated Corran in a match, was faster than Ben Skywalker, beating Kenth Hamner. She's a formidable duelist and likely above Tiin, Fisto, Ti, Kolar and easily Mundi.

Katarn is somewhere between Kenobi and Koon in terms of skill, I have him marginally above Koon but slightly beneath Kenobi.

Assuming Jacen defeats Windu (which he can), Kenobi falls to him next or Saba and Katarn pick off the next best duelists down the list.

Mara is superior to Fisto, Jaina vs Ti could go either way, Corran may or may not lose to Kolar, and I'm not sure who would win between Mundi and Kam

Overall assuming NJO can manage with losing Corran and Kam I think they have a shot. I think they can do this for a majority

Nalaniel
NJO.

Arhael
Agen Kolar
Saesee Tiin
Kit Fisto

are fodder. Fight is horribly one-sided.

Vorpal Ruin
NJO win.

Marco1907
NJO has only Luke as a heavy hitter while CW has Yoda + Mace, and trump card as a Obi-Wan

Kyp
Kyle
Jaina
Jacen

These are very good, but still the presence of Mace and Obi-Wan leans me toward to the CW team,

It can go either way.
Originally posted by Arhael
Agen Kolar
Saesee Tiin
Kit Fisto

are fodder. Fight is horribly one-sided.

Why ? Because Sidious blitzed them ?

Kit Fisto didn't get any speedblitz though, he deflected 3 attack and in the book he did more than that.

Kit, Saesee and Kolar have good feats. Ki-Adi Mundi should be the weak link here, then Shaak Ti follows.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Marco1907
NJO has only Luke as a heavy hitter while CW has Yoda + Mace, and trump card as a Obi-Wan
Originally posted by Q99
The grand masters, Luke and Yoda, sit this one out.

carthage
Saba is superior to most of the CW duelists apart from Kenobi, Windu, and arguably Plo.

Marco1907
Originally posted by carthage
Saba is superior to most of the CW duelists apart from Kenobi, Windu, and arguably Plo.

I would put him between Plo - Kit,

and if Tiin and Kolar can deal with his speed, they can deal with him as well.

ares834

Kyp
Kyle
Jaina
Jacen

These are very good, but still the presence of Mace and Obi-Wan leans me toward to the CW team,

Three of which are superior to Windu and Kenobi... Add on Saba and Mara and it's quite clear that this is a very lopsided fight.

ares834
I would put him between Plo - Kit,

and if Tiin and Kolar can deal with his speed, they can deal with him as well.

How can you put "him" between Plo and Kit when it's clear you know nothing about the character?

carthage
I don't necessarily think Kyp is fully superior to Kenobi, but yeah he can most likely ragdoll him.

Marco1907
How can you put "him" between Plo and Kit when it's clear you know nothing about the character?

Lol.

Who said I don't know her ? Being faster than Ben, fights evenly with Welk, Corran Horn and being better duelist than Kent. These are good feats but not ''most impressive''

edit* = grammar mistake

ares834
Lol.

Nice use of the Wookiee... And yet, it's still clear you know nothing about "him".

Marco1907
Lol.

Nice use of the Wookiee... And yet, it's still clear you know nothing about "him".

I edited my message smile

I use to debate with ''male'' characters so sorry about that.

Raptor22
NJO pretty solidly

Q99

I think Q or Newguy stated she defeated Corran in a match,

They were in a high-level spar but I don't think there was a clear winner.

Notably, Corran was using his saber at 3 meters in length in the duel, while Saba used two blades. Horn has the trickiest saber in the mythos, he can adjust the length mid-fight.

And while Hamner's not high tier, he did pretty easily KO two knights right before taking on Saba.

I was considering tossing him in on the NJO side and someone like Adi Gallia or Even Piell on the CW side... but the fight was big enough as-is and obviously they aren't going to be the deciders when there's so many heavy weights around.

Really I titled it council vs council, but it's more 'the top half of each council.'

carthage
You shouldve added Kyp

Q99
You shouldve added Kyp

*Points to the first on the list*

Add him again? Two Kyps? ^^

Fated Xtasy
Ki-Adi Mundi should be the weak link here

Um, wasn't Ki-Adi Mundi considered the only Jedi in the entire order capable of matching Sharad Hett, Doesn't he also have a insanely OP TK feat? Also he was the first Jedi to ever hold his ground against General Grevious, While he was exhausted from escaping/fighting the droids, The only other Jedi to replicate that feat are, Kenobi, Windu, Asajj Ventress and Fisto. Mundi is no weak link.

Um what? Sure this isn't her peak, but even as of TCW/ROTS she was revered among the order and was a master of Makashi and Ataru, She held her own against General Grevious, while Jedi like Aayla and the others were easily dispatched. not to mention she held her own and defeated an army of Magna-Guards - Alone, after she was ran across the city with the Chancellor. and then there's this.

" Shaak Ti is a master of the Makashi and Ataru forms in addition to her Legendary strength in the force. Known far and wide as a cunning and serene Jedi, only the most skilled of the Order could stand against her."
Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures.(since we're taking that stuff into account)

and her skill/elegance with the blade is compared to Dooku's

"there is an understated elegance in Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber technique, one that is quite unlike the feel one might get from the other great swordsbeings of the Jedi Order. He lacks entirely the flash, the pure bold elan of an Anakin Skywalker; there is nowhere in him the penumbral ferocity of a Mace Windu or a Depa Billaba nor the stylish grace of a Shaak Ti or a Dooku, and he is nothing resembling the whirlwind of destruction that Yoda can become."
- Revenge Of The Sith

Shaak Ti as of ROTS/TCW isn't as weak as people make her out to be, in fact most of her losses were circumstantial. erm

Saesee Tiin isn't as impressive as he is made out to be - though his TK is very powerful, he has no dueling feats, just hype(I could be wrong). Kolar is somewhat arguable, but for the most part he is impressive. Fisto is one i agree with though. thumb up

Still even with all that said, Team NJO is still very skilled and powerful. So it's only obvious they take the win.

Q99
He was the only one strong enough at the time*, who also wasn't a friend of Sharad's**.

*Thus, before Fisto, Shaak Ti, Kenobi, Kolar, or Anakin rose in strength.

**Which excludes Eeth Koth (Hett's master), Windu (Who was very close to Eeth), and Depa (I'm assuming, but the padawan of a very close master to his master).

So, quite good, but the exceptions mean he's not being compared to the highest council members there. Though Jedi like Tiin and Adi Galli are among those that likely aren't in the exceptions.

NewGuy01
Ki-Adi Mundi is not a weak link at all. Neither is Saesee, for that matter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.