Kam Solusar vs Ven Zallow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
All out

chilled monkey
Kam wins this one handily. Unlike Ven, Kam has actually won duels he's been in.

carthage
Im not sure

Nephthys
I know little about Kam, but Zallow matching Malgus and blitzing the best warriors in the Empire indicates he wins to me.

Q99
I'd say it's a good fight, but I'd lean Zallow.

Zallow was, after all, stronger than *everyone* else in the fight aside from Malgus.

And he has won fights. The Sith tried to assassinate him (mentioned in the Book of the Sith), which did not go well for the sith assassins.

Nalaniel
Zallow.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Nephthys
I know little about Kam, but Zallow matching Malgus and blitzing the best warriors in the Empire indicates he wins to me.

I have to admit I'd forgotten that. I still say Kam wins though.

Yes, Ven fared quite well against Malgus, but the fact that he was dumb enough to try and match him strength-for strength got him killed as EvanNova95 pointed out in his "Malgus vs. Mara Jade Skywalker" video. Kam is smarter than that.

Also, while even the cannon fodder Sith Warriors Ven beat were tough given the Sith Empire's ludicrously high standards, Kam has beaten Palpatine's Dark Jedi Elite, including the guy who replaced Sedriss. I'd say those guys were far stronger than rank and file Sith Warriors.

Plus I think the NJO Jedi are stronger than Jedi of previous eras overall due to being more open-minded.

Q99
The only 'Dark Side Elite' that did anything impressive were Kam and Sedriss. Most of them were fodder.

Nephthys
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Yes, Ven fared quite well against Malgus, but the fact that he was dumb enough to try and match him strength-for strength got him killed as EvanNova95 pointed out in his "Malgus vs. Mara Jade Skywalker" video. Kam is smarter than that.

Well that guy is pretty wrong, since Zallow only truly engaged Malgus strength to strength to fend off Malgus' initial attack, and was otherwise very evasive and quick on his feet and attacking with light, quick blows.

Also, while even the cannon fodder Sith Warriors Ven beat were tough given the Sith Empire's ludicrously high standards, Kam has beaten Palpatine's Dark Jedi Elite, including the guy who replaced Sedriss. I'd say those guys were far stronger than rank and file Sith Warriors.

LMAO. No. no expression

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Q99
The only 'Dark Side Elite' that did anything impressive were Kam and Sedriss. Most of them were fodder.

And the only guys Zallow defeated were also fodder.

Originally posted by Nephthys
LMAO. No.

Yes.

Seeing as, you know, Sedriss and his boys worked for Palpatine, Mr "Dark Side Incarnate" himself. That should put them on a much higher scale than the grunts Ven killed.

Q99
And the only guys Zallow defeated were also fodder.

And Lord Adraas.

And he fought near-evenly against a peep who's fought lots of non-fodder.

See, that bit? That's normally a minus, because Palpatine usually doesn't teach people much unless their name is 'Darth'. If you're actually his sith apprentice, that's awesome, but he didn't even teach this lot swordplay (like he did Mara Jade), he outsourced that and had one of them teach the rest.

Basically, he grabs some loyal force-sensitive types, imbued them with a quick upgrad by some sorcery, and says, "Hey, you're elite now. Go do stuff for me." And then they largely got slaughtered the second batch even quicker than the first. What did Palpy care? He could make more.

Kam turning and getting a month or two of training put him massively above the rest, able to cut down the Dark Side Elite's sword trainer, and later able to take on three at once! Two could get the jump on Boba Fett and still fail.

Only Kam and Sedriss showed skill and ability. Kam after he turned to Luke, and Sedriss was an experienced mercenary before he joined so he already had battle experience to build on (and being Executor, possibly more actual training. Taking down two other DSE was pretty easy for him).

Even just-turned-Jedi Kam and Sedriss stood head and shoulders above the rest, not even challenged any time they faced them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.