John Wick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
PAvug-z7lqM

BruceSkywalker
this seems interesting, but wanna see another trailer

marwash22
surprisingly, this movie is apparently really good.

91% on RT

Time Immemorial
I just watched it, It was awesome. Kaz I recommend going to see a movie before you make a thread about it.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Kaz I recommend going to see a movie before you make a thread about it.

*Facepalm*

What an ass you are, its called talking about the movie before it gets released

and if your going to have a dig at me about making a thread after i see a movie, Then take a look at the many other people who have done the same thing as me.

KingD19
I wanna know if Reek gets beat up as bad in this as he did in GoT.

Mindset
Early reports say that it's the best movie ever made.

Kazenji
Besides RT even Joblo.com have given it a good review

sounds like Keanu Reeves is back on track.

marwash22
i think Keanu would do well in that Liam Neeson older dude kicking ass lane.

KingD19
Liam Neeson, Keanu Reeves, and Denzel Washington. John Wick, Robert McCall, and Bryan Mills all in one movie. Kinda like the Expendables, but more of a small elite strike force than a big group.

Mindset
Originally posted by Kazenji
Besides RT even Joblo.com have given it a good review

sounds like Keanu Reeves is back on track. Originally posted by marwash22
i think Keanu would do well in that Liam Neeson older dude kicking ass lane. Originally posted by KingD19
Liam Neeson, Keanu Reeves, and Denzel Washington. John Wick, Robert McCall, and Bryan Mills all in one movie. Kinda like the Expendables, but more of a small elite strike force than a big group. Let's go see it tomorrow.

I'll bring the roofies.

Kazenji
I'll need to hop on a plane.

KingD19
Roofies don't work when you already dropped a shit ton of Peyote.

Darth Martin
It's definitely not quite as good as critics are indicating. The Equalizer was alot better. Keanu is Keanu here. Some cool gunfights. Nothing more.

Lestov16
Wow really? I was really looking forward to this (and am still planning on seeing it) based on the reviews.

Who do you think would win a fight between Wick and McCall, considering you've seen both films?

Kazenji
How about just go and see the movie yourself and form your own opinion.

Lestov16
Um....I obviously plan to do that (note in my above post: "planning on seeing it"wink. Doesn't mean I can't get answers beforehand. Or are we only allowed to talk about movies after we've seen them?

Robtard
What an original plot, an ex badguy/ass gives up his life of being a badguy/ass, but something happens and he's forced to once again use the skills he's vowed to never use again and a bunch of other assholes end up dead.

(someone had to take a shit in this thread, you're welcome)

ps, might go watch this tonight

Time Immemorial
*Facepalm*

What an ass you are, its called talking about the movie before it gets released

and if your going to have a dig at me about making a thread after i see a movie, Then take a look at the many other people who have done the same thing as me.

Go see the movie first Blunder from Down Under.

Time Immemorial
How about just go and see the movie yourself and form your own opinion.

Isn't that what I told you to do earlier, blunder? Don't call the kettle black with Lestov cause he asked a question, tard.

Lestov16
LOL The hypocrisy

Thanks TI

Time Immemorial
Npsmile

Esau Cairn
I always knew it....

Keanu breaks friendships apart.

KingD19
http://i.imgur.com/4zTD28W.jpg

Ruining friendships is how he remains young.

Esau Cairn
He can devour our souls but at least give Kaz's sense of humour back!!!

marwash22
he has a Bill and Ted painting in his house locked away in a safe that keeps him young.

KingD19
TIL Keanu Reeves is the inspiration for Dorian Gray.

Robtard
Does Keanu employ this level of acting in this?

113XaZpybqs

Kazenji
Go see the movie first Blunder from Down Under.

How can i when it hasn't appeared here, Dumbass

Isn't that what I told you to do earlier, blunder? Don't call the kettle black with Lestov cause he asked a question, tard.

Coming from someone who tells other people to make a thread for a movie after they see it and does the exact the same thing themselves, Hypocrite

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
He can devour our souls but at least give Kaz's sense of humour back!!!

Shut up tard...don't need your 10c input

KingD19
Still better than this -

if5eP3crl_4

Time Immemorial

Coming from someone who tells other people to make a thread for a movie after they see it and does the exact the same thing themselves, Hypocrite

You literally have no clue what you are talking about, or making sense at all, it is you who we are calling the hypocrite, just shut your mouth before you dig yourself a bigger grave, blunder.

Esau Cairn
Maybe Kaz is actually Keanu in real life...?

Time Immemorial
Maybe Kaz is actually Keanu in real life...?

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Esau Cairn
Kaz was hot in My Own Private Idaho.

Time Immemorial
Kaz was hot in My Own Private Idaho.

What was his role?

dynamix
It was a fun movie but i dont think its as good as what people are saying lol. Story is as cliche as they come (think Schwarzenegger's Commando). Dialogue was very corny lol (perhaps some kind of homage to 80's action flicks) but i do love how they went about creating this subculture of hitmen and assassins. Overall an enjoyable flick not without flaws though.

Time Immemorial
I left not regretting seeing it, what else can you ask for these days.

Lestov16
OK, I'll ask you TI. Where does Wick rank on the action hero scale compared to the Equalizer? Also how does it rank with the Equalizer overall as a film?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Lestov16
OK, I'll ask you TI. Where does Wick rank on the action hero scale compared to the Equalizer? Also how does it rank with the Equalizer overall as a film?

I don't know the whole history behind John Wick, but it was completely different then Equalizer. I rate them both great movies but Wick seemed more like a collateral film with matrix tones in it.

Lestov16
So who do you think would win a showdown?

Time Immemorial
So who do you think would win a showdown?

Wick was insane with guns, his gun fighting style was the best anyone has ever seen on screen. I think he could take any one with guns. H2H the Equalizer would take him though.

Lestov16
To delve a little further:
1. If they were hunting each other across a city, who would kill who first?
2. Did you like it better or less than The Equalizer?

Time Immemorial
To delve a little further:
1. If they were hunting each other across a city, who would kill who first?
2. Did you like it better or less than The Equalizer?

Its hard for me to tell you which I liked more but I guess if I said "go see this movie or the other" I would say go see Wick, it was just an awesome movie. A hunting contest across the city I give it to Wick. His body count was close to a hundred and the previous off screen story his body count was in the hundreds. His old boss was scared shitless of him.

Lestov16
Alright, thanks for the input. I'll definitely be seeing this as soon as I get the chance.

jinXed by JaNx
This movie ****ing owns

Patient_Leech
Saw this last night... fu#king rocked. Loved the David Cronenberg style direction. Sequels please. They haven't released the budget for the film for some reason, though.

Time Immemorial
Agreed! Movie was simply bad ass!

To bad blunder can't see it.

sureshpulihora
It is very good movie and i Liked it..!! His action is awesome.

Patient_Leech
To those who have seen it: do you have a reasonable guess as to the budget? I'm thinking $20-30 million, maybe?

Mindset
500 million.

dadudemon
Saw the flick. It was enjoyable. Willem Dafoe was, as always, enjoyable. big grin

Keanu delivered a very awesome/angry line in the film. I was surprised...he never gets angry like that. Director did a good job of making that come out.

Sometimes, the fighting is unrealistic. But where this film sets itself apart, imo, is it is much more realistic than most films in this category. Keanu's character takes a heavy beating throughout the film. He's bleeding all over the place, at times. He isn't perfect (meaning, he misses, sometimes, doesn't get one hit kills, doesn't get one-punch knock-outs, etc.). But...personally, I feel they could have sped up the gun-fights a bit. Meaning, he could have been much more of a speedy badass with his shooting. This isn't unrealistic: humans are much faster than Wick, in real life, so why the need to slow it down to make it seem "realistic" like that?

Overall, good mindless action fun. big grin

6.5 out of 10.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Saw the flick. It was enjoyable. Willem Dafoe was, as always, enjoyable. big grin

Keanu delivered a very awesome/angry line in the film. I was surprised...he never gets angry like that. Director did a good job of making that come out.

Sometimes, the fighting is unrealistic. But where this film sets itself apart, imo, is it is much more realistic than most films in this category. Keanu's character takes a heavy beating throughout the film. He's bleeding all over the place, at times. He isn't perfect (meaning, he misses, sometimes, doesn't get one hit kills, doesn't get one-punch knock-outs, etc.). But...personally, I feel they could have sped up the gun-fights a bit. Meaning, he could have been much more of a speedy badass with his shooting. This isn't unrealistic: humans are much faster than Wick, in real life, so why the need to slow it down to make it seem "realistic" like that?

Overall, good mindless action fun. big grin

6.5 out of 10.

Seems like they copied Die Hard format with the getting beat, bleeds all over the place, isn't perfect.

Need to watch this, this guy seems like he'd be a good McClane victim. thumb up

Lestov16
So he's no Robert McCall in terms of invincibility. Good, black is still on top as year's best action hero smile

Robtard
Have to see that one too. Likely another McClane victim as well.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Seems like they copied Die Hard format with the getting beat, bleeds all over the place, isn't perfect.

Now that you mention it, it does have a McClane from the first Die Hard feel to it. Very much so...as far as Wick being a damage soaker that keeps going.

Lestov16
Have to see that one too. Likely another McClane victim as well.

Nope. McCall would destroy McClane. John is outclassed on every level.

Robtard
Listen, they're both Irish at least.

Esau Cairn
So he's no Robert McCall in terms of invincibility. Good, black is still on top as year's best action hero smile

Yes, a black guy with a surname of McCall.
Sorry but Denzel is no Edward Woodward...the one & only, original Equaliser.

Robtard
Yes, a black guy with a surname of McCall.
Sorry but Denzel is no Edward Woodward...the one & only, original Equaliser.

Guy has "dward" in both his given and surname.

Esau Cairn
Guy has "dward" in both his given and surname.

There used to be a joke about why Edward Woodward had so many "d"s in his name....

Something about so he wouldn't be called, "Ewar Woowar". confused

Robtard
Watched this last night, was more entertaining than I thought it'd be, but still overall standard mindless action fair.

Time Immemorial
Watched this last night, was more entertaining than I thought it'd be, but still overall standard mindless action fair.

Pretty much any action movie these days shifty

Patient_Leech
Pretty much any action movie these days shifty

I completely disagree. This was VERY different from many action movies these days because it didnt rely on a bunch of obnoxious film edits with the camera shaking all over the place like Michael Bay's bullshit. So unlike many action movies these days, it had great direction, humor, pace, badassery, and it relied a great deal on character performance and plot, which is what any movie should do.

Mark Question
Fast paced, nice gunplay.. Enjoyed it.

I kept thinking; wow, it's the dude from Future War.

Lestov16
Just got back from seeing this. Was overall very enjoyable. Excellent cinematography and the gunplay choreography is probably the best I've seen in any action film. Keanu was great physically, and the action and pacing was exciting and spectacular. It was kind of like Shoot Em Up played straight.

Liked the little world they came up with. Ian McShane and Lance Reddick are awesome in anything they do, and delivered some excellent scenes here.

Flaws I thought included the last act of the film after Iosef dies. The sub-plot with Dafoe seemed needless and underdeveloped. Also the final boss battle being Wick vs senior citizen mob boss was kinda lame IMO.

I will say I liked The Equalizer better in terms of story and characters, but the excellent cinematography and choreography made John Wick one of the better popcorn action flicks to come out in ages.

7.5/10

Patient_Leech
I mostly agree with your analysis, Lestov. I remember thinking that we really didn't learn much about Dafoe's character. We seemed to just get hints that he and Wick had some history, and apparently they wanted to maintain certain pacing with the film and it would have just slowed it down. So I suspect that they plan to reveal more about him in future installments (I hope). But it will likely have to be in flashback sequences or something... oh, why oh why did he have to die. sad

CharlesKohlmeie
Honestly, this movie is great. You get to see just a pure, unadulterated fun movie that does not have a great deal of underlying consequences. If you just want some brutal action, fun and just have Keanu be at his best, I really would recommend this to anyone. I loved it from start to finish.

Kazenji
A good action movie, Just maybe not as awesome as most of the critics are making it out to be tho

8/10

Time Immemorial
Welcome back Kaz, we missed yousmile

Esau Cairn
A good action movie, Just maybe not as awesome as most of the critics are making it out to be tho

8/10

I haven't seen the movie yet & I'm not picking on you Kaz...
But u gave it a pretty high rating then criticise the critics for making it out to be an awesome film...?

Time Immemorial
But u gave it a pretty high rating then criticise the critics for making it out to be an awesome film...?

laughing laughing laughing

rudester
I watched it yesterday it was really good and had a few puns if u got em
..why do i.think there will be a tv show spin off? 10/10

Robtard
OF all movies you gave John Wick a perfect score. The ****.

Time Immemorial

Kaz has taken a hard beating in the thread, he really does not know which way is up.

Esau Cairn
Kaz has taken a hard beating in the thread, he really does not know which way is up.

He should join Herochat.

We're all nice there. smokin'

Time Immemorial
He should join Herochat.

We're all nice there. smokin'

Lol, I didn't know you were on there.

rudester
OF all movies you gave John Wick a perfect score. The ****. love to bother u is all haha ha...what I didn't like about this movie ...hmm...it was.filled.with.old.people that made it less likely they.could be seen as bad or powerful. John wicks fighting style wasn't impressive ..I often came back to the movie country of old men...same style of fighting..the victor.guy seemed fat and not believable as a crime boss but he was a good actor as a dad.

NewGuy01
Was fun, 7/10. The hype/drama was almost spoofy.

Patient_Leech
Box Office Mojo is now showing the budget for this. Only $20 million. Hell yes, so I think it will probably be successful after all is said and done.

rudester
Ur obsessed..lol would u sleep with him if he offered?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by rudester
Ur obsessed..lol would u sleep with him if he offered?
With who? Keanu Reeves or Dafoe? Of course I would sleep with God if he asked. But not Keanu Reeves, too ugly for me... lol

Estacado
Pretty cool movie.

Patient_Leech
Couple pretty good interviews, first with the directors and another with Reeves. But be warned, they do contain some spoilers...

juojdShRxSY

megAUtL664Y

quanchi112
Very solid film.

Flyattractor
But is it worth a theater admission or can it wait for DVD?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Flyattractor
But is it worth a theater admission or can it wait for DVD?

I depends how much you enjoy going to the cinema. Personally i enjoy the experience of the cinema, so if the trailer looks interesting to you then i'd say it's worth it. I don't think it's going to make anyones top ten lists but i found it thoroughly enjoyable. I don' know how you go about renting movies but unless you're hitting the red box you end up paying a good 5-8 dollars for a film rental. Cinema Matinees generally vary from the same price. So, other than convenience you're actually getting more for your money by going to the cinema.

I'm a fan of any good revenge flick and i happen o like Keanu Reeves. If the trailer looked good to you i'd say you'll e satisfied with a matinee.

For the type of movie it is id give it a 7/10 However, again, i will say the trailer will tell you everything you need to know

Patient_Leech
But is it worth a theater admission or can it wait for DVD? Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I'm a fan of any good revenge flick and i happen o like Keanu Reeves. If the trailer looked good to you i'd say you'll e satisfied with a matinee.

It's worth the theater and I can't wait to buy it. It's an action/revenge flick, but a very stylish and skillfully directed one. I too am a Keanu Reeves fan and this role fits him perfectly. I actually think the trailer doesn't quite do the film justice because it is extremely immersive. It hooks you emotionally right from the beginning and you've probably heard everyone describing it as "world building." It does transport you to this organized crime/revenge world. If you are seeking a break from the overabundance of CGI in action and adventure films these days (I sure was), this is the perfect escape. Plus:

Willem Dafoe.

icing on the cake thumb up

Mindset
But is it worth a theater admission or can it wait for DVD? Yes.

quanchi112
But is it worth a theater admission or can it wait for DVD? Buy the ticket and reward a solid film.

Patient_Leech
Does anyone know why this isn't getting a 3D bluray release? I totally wanted to buy it in 3D. It comes out this Tues in the States.

Placidity
This movie was so ridiculously bad. I have no idea how it is getting good reviews.

Patient_Leech
Your mom was ridiculously bad in bed last night.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Your mom was ridiculously bad in bed last night. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar134576_32.gif

Lestov16
Originally posted by Placidity
This movie was so ridiculously bad. I have no idea how it is getting good reviews.

It was a massive style-over-substance movie. I was enjoying it until after Iosef died, at which point it felt like the movie was just adding plot points to fill out the running time. Equalizer was far better IMO but John Wick was enjoyable for a popcorn flick.

Kazenji
This movie was so ridiculously badass

I agree

jokes aside

there's nothing wrong with liking a movie with a simple plot, Not everything needs to have lots substance to be enjoyed.

Patient_Leech
Your mom was ridiculously bad in bed last night. Originally posted by Tzeentch
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar134576_32.gif

I know, right? The most beautiful man in the world and she was still lousy in bed. erm

there's nothing wrong with liking a movie with a simple plot, Not everything needs to have lots substance to be enjoyed.

Agreed. I tend to try to judge a movie on what it was trying to do, what it was trying to accomplish. This movie was just trying to be a simple action film and it was superbly directed and extremely entertaining in its simplicity. To me it is far better than The Equalizer because Keanu's character was a bit more vulnerable (less like a impenetrable superhero) than Denzel's character and the action wasn't edited to death, so it was way more engrossing and immersive. Not to mention I cared more about what happened to the characters in John Wick.

Lestov16
I respectfully disagree, but to each his own. I definitely enjoyed both films. I just enjoyed The Equalizer more.

And don't say it's because I'm black...

Placidity

It's not because it had a simple plot, it was just so mindless. It started off okay, but after awhile watching the same sort of scenes over and over and over...

The other thing is John Wick was pretty terrible at H2H.

Lestov16
It's not because it had a simple plot, it was just so mindless. It started off okay, but after awhile watching the same sort of scenes over and over and over...

The other thing is John Wick was pretty terrible at H2H.

thumb up x1000

These are my exact same complaints about the film. After the nightclub scene, which was the highlight of the movie, the action started getting repetitive and the plot began fizzling hard

Also agree with you on the H2H. Maybe it was because I just saw the Equalizer, but as deadly as Wick was, I felt he didn't deserve the hype the mob gave him, both due to struggling in practically every H2H fight he got in and due to needing to be saved several times. And his fight with old man mob boss at the end was just lame as hell.

Kazenji

"Shrugs"

each to their own.

Patient_Leech
See, I thought The Equalizer was repetetive. Oh, Denzel is kicking everyone's ass again with lots of editing. At over 2 hours I thought it overstayed its welcome. Wick was quicker and more to the point. Not to mention the less pretentious title.

Lestov16
Watching John Wick shooting goons in the face doesn't get more exciting or interesting and gets repetitive after the fiftieth headshot. Watching McCall kill people with books, corkscrew, drills, etc. was interesting and kept me wondering what inventive method he would use to kill his next victim.

jinXed by JaNx
See, I thought The Equalizer was repetetive. Oh, Denzel is kicking everyone's ass again with lots of editing. At over 2 hours I thought it overstayed its welcome. Wick was quicker and more to the point. Not to mention the less pretentious title. thumb up thumb up

Patient_Leech
A sequel is officially in the works... Happy Dance

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/04/john-wick-sequel-is-in-the-works/

Mindset
Watching John Wick shooting goons in the face doesn't get more exciting or interesting and gets repetitive after the fiftieth headshot. Watching McCall kill people with books, corkscrew, drills, etc. was interesting and kept me wondering what inventive method he would use to kill his next victim. I don't disagree, but I still liked John Wick more.

Kazenji
A sequel is officially in the works... Happy Dance

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/04/john-wick-sequel-is-in-the-works/

I'd rather see a prequel more

but see what they have planned for the sequel.

Patient_Leech
I just hope for flashbacks with Marcus (aka Willem Dafoe). He and Wick obviously have a history.

Mindset

but see what they have planned for the sequel. thumb up

Robtard
They kill another dog and he flips out again.

Placidity
He accidentally kill someone's dog, and now he is the one on the run.

Mindset
He accidentally kill someone's dog, and now he is the one on the run. No, the dogs of all the people he killed are coming for payback.

Tzeentch
So, the plot from Taken 2?

Mindset
Originally posted by Tzeentch
So, the plot from Taken 2? I must've missed the dogs.

Robtard
So we all agree, "John Wick 2: The Wickening" will be about dogs

Mindset
So we all agree, "John Wick 2: The Wickening" will be about dogs I don't see any way it couldn't be.

thumb up

dynamix
john wick had a dope soundtrack. that song that played during the "Jacuzzi massacre" made the scene that much more effective.

Esau Cairn
So we all agree, "John Wick 2: The Wickening" will be about dogs

This would then tie-in with Cats & Dogs: The Revenge Of Kitty Galore.

Inhuman
just saw this. good movie. thumb up

Lestov16
Originally posted by dynamix
john wick had a dope soundtrack. that song that played during the "Jacuzzi massacre" made the scene that much more effective.

thumb up This film has one of the best action film soundtracks I ever heard. That music during the nightclub shootout was amazing

Patient_Leech
thumb up This film has one of the best action film soundtracks I ever heard. That music during the nightclub shootout was amazing

Agreed. The soundtrack is fantastic. Did anyone else notice that Marilyn Manson sang on one of the tracks featured in the movie, but that song wasn't included on the soundtrack release? I want to get my hands on that track...

jinXed by JaNx
It was a massive style-over-substance movie. I was enjoying it until after Iosef died, at which point it felt like the movie was just adding plot points to fill out the running time. Equalizer was far better IMO but John Wick was enjoyable for a popcorn flick.

I think both movies had the same amount of plot and character motivation. It might be possible to argue that Denzel's character was a bit more justified in doing what he did but neither protagonist had enough validation to do what they did. Usually, in a revenge flick I'm happy with as little exposition as I think these movies could have used just a bit more. I enjoyed both movies In Their entirety but the second half of both movies found themselves stuck in the mud. I think john wick was a bit better because it never tried to be anything more than a simple revenge movie plus it also had the better coreography

Lestov16
Personally I enjoyed The Equalizer from beginning to end whereas I felt John Wick got stale in the third act, but it seems which film was better is ultimately subjective to the viewer. I definitely agree John Wick had the better pacing, choreography, and definitely musical score, but as you stated John Wick was just a standard action film, whereas The Equalizer felt like a superhero flick, which was more interesting to me. To each his own.

Reflassshh
I usually don't like this kind of movies, but this one was superb.

thumb up

jimmy0082
Movie is worth watching....The way John kills his enemy is the best thing in this movie...Just shooting n shooting.....

Virgo Vixen
It's nice to see Keanu Reeves again. I've always liked him and especially his attitude towards life. Good movie too!

Eletara
John Wick is the real deal. It is a amazing action picture, filled with strong performances by a cast, along with superb action set-pieces and a genuinely interesting world to boot. Reeves commands the screen and reminds us why he is still a genuine movie star.

Esau Cairn
I know this sounds petty but those gold coins bothered me....couldn't figure out what their exact value was supposed to be in the film?

Wick gives about 5 (maybe 7) to the cleaners to dispose of the bodies from his house.
He then gives one coin to stay 2 nights at The Continental.
Then one coin in the door slot to get into the bar...which I thought was weird considering the bar was already part of The Continental.
One to the black hitman to watch over Perkins.
Then later, Wicks gives the valet one coin when he brought the "complimentary gift" car to the front of the hotel.

So yeah...hard to place a value on the coins...

jinXed by JaNx
I know this sounds petty but those gold coins bothered me....couldn't figure out what their exact value was supposed to be in the film?

Wick gives about 5 (maybe 7) to the cleaners to dispose of the bodies from his house.
He then gives one coin to stay 2 nights at The Continental.
Then one coin in the door slot to get into the bar...which I thought was weird considering the bar was already part of The Continental.
One to the black hitman to watch over Perkins.
Then later, Wicks gives the valet one coin when he brought the "complimentary gift" car to the front of the hotel.

So yeah...hard to place a value on the coins...

laughing out loud

I pondered the same thing. At the beginning of the movie when Wick uncovered his tools of the trade we saw a glimpse of his stockpile of earnings. It looked as though he had a briefcase full of those coins. I figured he earned them through doing jobs but considering that the coins only seemed to be used as a source of currency for operating through the underworld i figured he also had to receive an equal amount of real world currency along with the coins.

At first i assumed the coins were distributed by kills but that cant be true because the resources required to clean up a single kill have to be more valuable than the ones required to carry out an execution. Although, i think the status of the mark (kill) factors in as well. In other words, a high profile mark like, John Wick has to garner more than just one gold coin. I'm sure killing him would be equal to at least twenty witnesses, jurors, standard henchmen, mobsters, etc...,

I think i've humored the nerd within enough so far, any more and it'll drop to the floor again. I will ponder this more during my next bowel movement. Good stuff.

Esau Cairn
Yeah it was frivolous but enough to nag me...those gold coins.
But like you speculated, maybe they were tokens & just gold in appearance.

Maybe they were those chocolate coins in gold wrap?

Esau Cairn
I mean you never see John Wick & the Easter Bunny in the same scene...

Patient_Leech
in regards to the gold coins, I don't think they are meant to be taken too literally. They mention the gold coins in the special features, and I think they said something about them sort of setting everyone in this world apart from ordinary people. It sort of shows exclusivity to the world in a comic/graphic novel sort of way.

marwash22
the coins probably do have a set monetary value on them and are used as payments based on the importance of a task, eg, the cleaners get several, while a simple favor (or tip) only garners 1.

Esau Cairn
Watching it a 2nd time...When Wicks checks out of The Continental, he hands over his credit card...so that kinda eliminates the gold coins had monetary value to them.

Patient_Leech

quanchi112
Really liked the first so this is good news.

Bardock42
Kaz I recommend going to see a movie before you make a thread about it.

Threads are made based on rumors, leaks and trailers here all the time. That way people can discuss their opinions as the hype builds before release.

Kazenji
Damn backseat modders, Not you Bardock.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Bardock42
Threads are made based on rumors, leaks and trailers here all the time. That way people can discuss their opinions as the hype builds before release.

Not having a go but just making an observation...
I just find it humourous the endless pages of opinion & debate a trailer will get months before the release. Then when the movie actually gets released, hardly enough feedback gets posted compared to all the build up of months speculating its merits.

Inhuman
Looking forward to it thumb up

too bad "REEK" got killed int he first one

Patient_Leech
Not having a go but just making an observation...
I just find it humourous the endless pages of opinion & debate a trailer will get months before the release. Then when the movie actually gets released, hardly enough feedback gets posted compared to all the build up of months speculating its merits.

Interesting point. It could have something to do with not as many people actually seeing the final product compared to the number of people who wanted to put in their 2 cents in speculation. But I've also noticed that some people here aren't particularly verbal or talkative about movies they've seen. They just slap a 7/10 rating (for example) and that's all you're gonna get. Well jesus, what the f#ck is the point of being here to discuss movies if that's all you're going to say??

Bardock42
Interesting point. It could have something to do with not as many people actually seeing the final product compared to the number of people who wanted to put in their 2 cents in speculation. But I've also noticed that some people here aren't particularly verbal or talkative about movies they've seen. They just slap a 7/10 rating (for example) and that's all you're gonna get. Well jesus, what the f#ck is the point of being here to discuss movies if that's all you're going to say??

7/10, would read again

marwash22
Originally posted by Bardock42
7/10, would read again 2/10.

your rating was lazy and lacked exposition. Given the choice, i wouldn't rate anymore of your ratings.

Quincy
I give Bardock 3 gold stars and Marwash a thumbs up. Check if there is a conversion chart somewhere

Esau Cairn
Yeah the Last Movie Seen Thread is the worst.
How about a quick 2 sentence summary/opinion of the movie you just watched instead of just posting the title....

*cough cough cough cough cough KAZENJI cough cough cough cough*

Kazenji

*cough cough cough cough cough KAZENJI cough cough cough cough*

Wow i'm sorry if that's how i roll when i mention the last movie that i watched in that thread

besides it doesn't say in the original OP "you have to say what you thought about the movie" , Smartass.

Esau Cairn

besides it doesn't say in the original OP "you have to say what you thought about the movie" , Smartass.

No, but you're missing the point of a message board.
It's to give & share opinions...

Kazenji
Your well you do it your way & i'll do it my way.

Esau Cairn
Your response is 4/10 to me.

Kazenji
And yours is a 1/10.

Esau Cairn
Gawd, you're so opinionated!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>