Agen Kolar vs. Darth Nihl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Marco1907
Kolar 6 /10

Q99
Nihl in a fight. Good dueling and more force powers.

Marco1907
Ah, this is all out right ?

Nihl has serious advantage on force.

carthage
I beg to differ Kolar is a master of the force push.

Emperordmb
Kolar can attack with Force Powers suddenly and without Nihl noticing...

Q99
On the flip side, lightning strong enough to stop Kol Skywalker.

And it's not like Nihl is unfamiliar with fighting strong TK users. Uses it sometimes himself (not a lot, but he has TK).

When it comes to sabers, Nihl's beaten Wolf Sazen (as in 'cut his arm off and stabbed him in the chest' level beat) and Talon.

Marco1907
Wait, does Kolar has good TK feats ?

Q99
Originally posted by Marco1907
Wait, does Kolar has good TK feats ?

Not, like, high-end ones, he just pushes his foes in combat reasonably often, like when he captured Quinlan.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Q99
Not, like, high-end ones, he just pushes his foes in combat reasonably often, like when he captured Quinlan.

As far as I remember, he defeated him via force combat & lightsaber skill, not force.

Though there might be another round, and I would like the see that.

*Edit, yeah I looked again, and it seems that happened in the same fight but it was more like *sucker force push though smile Vos didn't even know that he was there.

carthage
Kolar was one of the greatest swordsmen the Jedi ever produced, he has littke force showings but he can kick Nihl and KO him and end the match. Nihl has no experience with a master skilled in Martial Arts like Kolar. Kolar is also more skilled as a duelist, he can stab Nihl with his unpredictable dueling style.

Kolar takes this

Emperordmb
Unpredictable? When was that stated to be one of Kolar's traits?

Nihl on the other hand wields an exotic fighting style with a seldom used weapon. If anything, Nihl is more unpredictable.

carthage
Kolar's usage of Teras Kasi and martial arts would swing the bats in his favor. His usage of force push and superior martial skills is more useful than Nihls mediocre force feats. Kolar ended his match with Vos with a single kick, he can boot Nihl and subdue him.

NewGuy01
From my perspective, Agen is a lot like Raskta Lsu in how he's almost completely meele-oriented. He's far from weak in the Force, but from seeing his fights as well as his RPG stats, he appears to use it primarily to enhance his meele skills. I doubt we'll see much offensive Force usage from him other than basic shoves.

There is no evidence to argue or refute that Agen's defenses against telekinesis are advanced, but considering how little Nihl applies such assaults, it's probably not a deciding factor in this fight. I also see Nihl's lightning being of little use here--It can in most situations be stopped by a lightsaber.

The real contest here is a meele battle. From what I've seen, Agen is without a doubt the more technically proficient and skilled player, in regards to both bladework and unarmed skill. However, Nihl's style is more unpredictable, and it appears that he may have an edge as far as physical strength goes as well.

I'd probably side Kolar simply because he has greater skill, and is more controlled and collected, but Nihl does have greater power, is better armed, and has an air of primal instinct about him. It could probably go either way.

carthage
None or Nihls force attacks have proven to be decisive in a fight. As we've seen Kolar end a single match with a well-placed kick. Seeing how Nihl isnt terribly overwhelming, Kolar's skill >>Nihl's marginally superior force powers

Kolar wins

Q99
One zap was enough to stop Grand Master Kol Skywalker. Strong people can normally take some force lightning before dropping, suggesting it was a pretty strong zap, and it was definitely decisive.

Nihl also has more melee wins, and his weapon gives him reach and leverage.

Emperordmb
Nihl also subdued Cade with TK at one point.

Q99
Oh yea, a thing on the Kolar-is-melee-focused front- Wolf Sazen is almost entirely melee focused. He uses the force almost entirely for sensing and precognition, and yet he's a powerful warrior with kills on his belt against powerful, more force-active/well rounded foes.

Wolf Sazen, skilled, strong, even more melee-focused Jedi Master, was outdueled by Nihl in melee. Throw in more force powers on top...

Emperordmb
Hell. Talon beat Sazen, and Nihl has shown himself to be superior to Talon.

NewGuy01
One zap from Nihl and a dozen other Sith, yeah.

Kolar completely dominated another Jedi swordsmaster who by this point was a confirmed Form IV master with even more impressive feats under his belt. Sazen isn't in his league, just like he isn't in Nihl's.

No he hasn't. The only contest they had was a stalemate.

carthage
Sazen is inferior in terms of feats in comparison to Kolar or Vos. Vos has defeated Tholme, beaten Sora Bulq, beaten Aayla Secura, and beat Kruhk. Kolar ko'ed him with a boot to the face, and both fighters are considered among the best of the order. How does Sazen beating fodder Sith compare?

Not as much as Kolar's boot gave him an advantage over Vos thumb up

Kolar implements TK sparingly and depends more on the force for amping his movements. Nihl has never fought anyone who implements martial arts, and can kick out one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi order with a single move.

Nalaniel
Nihl.

carthage
Do you ever try to back up what you post? I've never actually seen you even offer your reasoning as to why X character wins.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by carthage
Do you ever try to back up what you post? I've never actually seen you even offer your reasoning as to why X character wins.

Nope. ^^

DarthAnt66
Nalaniel's word is law, carthage. Surrender to her superior might or be utterly crushed by her greatness.

carthage
http://stephrobbins.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/bowing.jpg

Nalaniel
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nalaniel's word is law, carthage. Surrender to her superior might or be utterly crushed by her greatness.

love

Q99
Note, Kolar KO'd him *before* most of Vos's by Dooku, which greatly increased his skill, and Vos was just trying to avoid Kolar.

Vos is good, but I wouldn't consider him one of the best in the order, *especially* not at that point.

And Sazen killed Darth Azard and Darth Stryfe, not remotely fodder. Plenty of minor sith too, to be sure, but most of Vos's foes aren't as strong as those two. Bulq, yes, but Bulq had the solid edge in most of their duel and Vos had a moment of oneness or something.

Talon incorporates martial arts into her fighting and took out Wolf Sazen with a combination lightning and kick once. Sazen's a martial artist himself.

carthage
He kind of is though and while he may not be high tier like some of the other PT duelists, his defeat of Bulq is nothing to dismiss. I have yet to see Azard, Sazen, Vao or any of the Legacy duelists beat someone on par with Bulq. In terms of dueling feats Vos is superior to those characters.

I'm pretty sure Bulq and Aayla are. Aayla defeated Aurra Sing who outfought Qui Gon Jinn and TPM Kenobi and killed Sharad Hett. While she's not exactly 00ber she's got her fair share of feats that put her above Azard/Sazen

But not a kick that utterly decimated him/disarmed him, and this is in spite of Kolar having massive reservations and not even really wanting to fight Vos.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/48954/2696235-new_picture__1_.jpg

Q99
But while he won, Bulq came across as clearly the more skilled and had the advantage most of the battle. And Bulq's bad in the force. Azard or Stryfe should beat Sora in a fight due to their force power, even if they can't outduel him.

Aayla's solid, but Azard definitely has better force feats, and Sazen still has better dueling. Heck, Sazen beat up Cade Skywalker in an unarmed fight while only using one arm once.

On Aurra, while she is dangerous, a lot of her danger is she's a tricky fighter. If one can get her strait-up, she's still formidable, but a lot of her best wins are when she manages to distract or catch someone off-guard (like the second lightsaber vs Qui-Gon).

And don't forget, Vos was Aayla's master, that's never an easy fight for a number of reasons.

And... you think Vos wanted to fight him any more? Quinlan did escape in the end, btw.

Emperordmb
And Vos beat Bulq after his training at the hands of Dooku.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.