Captain America vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

relentless1
Ive been debating this one with a friend for the evening, I say Batman would win. And before all you Cap fanboys jump on here, representing your cap denominator let me just point out; Bats vs Cap can really be distilled down to three categories: Physicality, Fighting Skill, Gadgets; Cap wins Physicality for sure, he can bench 1200, Bats can press 1000; Cap is faster and more durable BUT Batman has more fighting skill; Cap knows about 12 martial arts while Batman has mastered 127, meaning that anything Cap can throw at Batman h2h will be countered. gadgets is also a no brainer for Batman because while Caps shield is very durable and quite versatile he doesnt have explosives, gas attack, projectiles, tazers etc like Batman does, more versatility in weaponry equals Batman finding a way around the shields defence. 2 out of 3 categories go to Batman. Its a helluva fight but Batman wins 6/10

Placidity
I would go for comics Batman over Captain America.

But this is the Movie Versus. Every film version of Batman would lose.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Placidity
Every film version of Batman would lose.

Until the Batman v Superman movie get released and what it has to offer for Bat's

for now Capt wins.

Dramatic Gecko
BUT BATS WILL HAVE HIS REVENGE!

Impediment
Cap would kick Batmans ass. All film versions.

Animated Conroy Batman? I don't know. That's a tough call.

Silent Master
Caps beats Baleman 10/10

BruceSkywalker
another bait thread, won;t play into assholishniss...

anyway animated batman stomps , but movie batman loses

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
another bait thread, won;t play into assholishniss...

anyway animated batman stomps , but movie batman loses This.

Shabazz916
batman is no way shape or form beats cap... standard equipment cap rapes batman with the shield...

without weapons cap breaks batman's back... batman is human is isn't taking high level punishment like cap can period

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Silent Master
Caps beats Baleman 10/10

You don't say, more like 1/10.

Cap beats him once, then Bat preps and beats Cap the other 9 times laughing laughing

Shabazz916
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
You don't say, more like 1/10.

Cap beats him once, then Bat preps and beats Cap the other 9 times laughing laughing

why is prep needed between two mortal's with no powers...

Stigma
Because... he's Batman...that's how he rolls.

Silent Master
Per the OP, there is no prep in this fight.....thus Cap beats Baleman 10/10.

KingD19
Movie Batman didn't show much if at all prep skills. The movies were too focused on action to showcase any of the dedication and time it takes for prep.

So even if he did have time...would it really matter?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KingD19
Movie Batman didn't show much if at all prep skills. The movies were too focused on action to showcase any of the dedication and time it takes for prep.

So even if he did have time...would it really matter?

Hell ya it would, plus look at all his gear and weapons.

KingD19
His gear and weapons would help, well that depends on what he's allowed(but Cap did take down a Quinjet with just his shield). But as I said, he's shown pretty much no prep skills unless I'm missing something. For instance, comic Batman would have saved Rachel and Harvey.

Riot-Gear
Every film version of Batman would lose.

Originally posted by Impediment
Cap would kick Batmans ass. All film versions.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
movie batman loses

While it almost goes with out saying that Captain America of the MCU would crush Nolan Batman.

Burton/Schumacher, Anthology Batman if you will. Stands a fair chance against him.

Not saying said version of Batman could beat MCU Cap per se. Just that it would be a good fight.

RJ 2.0
It would so not be a good fight. Cap would dominate Bat in every way.

Riot-Gear
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
It would so not be a good fight. Cap would dominate Bat in every way.

How is that? From what I recall they have similar enough feats, that their is no reason to assume it would not be a good fight.

In case their is something I have forgotten. Please feel free to present a case for Cap dominating Bats.

Stanor
Originally posted by Riot-Gear
How is that? From what I recall they have similar enough feats, that their is no reason to assume it would not be a good fight.

In case their is something I have forgotten. Please feel free to present a case for Cap dominating Bats. Every physical stat, tactics, and a better H2H combatant. Movie Batman is not as good as you think.

Animated Batman is a different story though.

Silent Master

In case their is something I have forgotten. Please feel free to present a case for Cap dominating Bats.

Then you need to rewatch the movies, because Caps feats >>>>>> Baleman.

wallman77

you've made me curious....why do you think that specific era batman stands a chance? what feats are you thinking of?

Riot-Gear

Actually I think you need to reread my post. As I never suggested Baleman stood a chance in fact I said the opposite, that he would get crushed.

The Batman I said would be a good match for MCU Cap was the one from the Burton/Schumacher films. Some times known as the Batman Anthology.

Time Immemorial

Sorry, come back when you have some money

Batman wins dummy.

wallman77
Actually I think you need to reread my post. As I never suggested Baleman stood a chance in fact I said the opposite, that he would get crushed.

The Batman I said would be a good match for MCU Cap was the one from the Burton/Schumacher films. Some times known as the Batman Anthology.

tho you have yet to state why you think that

80sBaby
Wasn't Burton's Batman getting rocked by a normal human goon in the 1st film?

Riot-Gear

Riot-Gear
Originally posted by 80sBaby
Wasn't Burton's Batman getting rocked by a normal human goon in the 1st film?

I'm guessing you mean Joker's big guy in the Cathedral fight. If so a couple of things to remember this fight takes place just after Batman was in a plane crash and fought a few other guys and secondly this same "normal" human was able to catch Batman mid air and toss him across the room, when Bat's tried to dive tackle him from several feet above. In other words the guy wasn't exactly normal and Batman wasn't exactly at his best.

Based
Originally posted by relentless1
Ive been debating this one with a friend for the evening, I say Batman would win. And before all you Cap fanboys jump on here, representing your cap denominator let me just point out; Bats vs Cap can really be distilled down to three categories: Physicality, Fighting Skill, Gadgets; Cap wins Physicality for sure, he can bench 1200, Bats can press 1000; Cap is faster and more durable BUT Batman has more fighting skill; Cap knows about 12 martial arts while Batman has mastered 127, meaning that anything Cap can throw at Batman h2h will be countered. gadgets is also a no brainer for Batman because while Caps shield is very durable and quite versatile he doesnt have explosives, gas attack, projectiles, tazers etc like Batman does, more versatility in weaponry equals Batman finding a way around the shields defence. 2 out of 3 categories go to Batman. Its a helluva fight but Batman wins 6/10

lol

Silent Master
So basically; Cap is stronger, faster, more agile has better durability and is more skilled.

Time Immemorial
So basically; Cap is stronger, faster, more agile has better durability and is more skilled.

Read OP, again, or if you didn't read it, read OP.

Based

wat

Riot-Gear

As already discussed that depends on which Batman and which Captain America.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Based
wat

80sBaby
I'm guessing you mean Joker's big guy in the Cathedral fight. If so a couple of things to remember this fight takes place just after Batman was in a plane crash and fought a few other guys and secondly this same "normal" human was able to catch Batman mid air and toss him across the room, when Bat's tried to dive tackle him from several feet above. In other words the guy wasn't exactly normal and Batman wasn't exactly at his best.

True. But Cap, in contrast, took a beating from several specialized SHIELD agents, jumped out of a (very) high-rise window to land on concrete yet still got up quickly and took down a jet fighter with just his shield.

Hell, in Avengers, Cap went down in the jet with Hawkeye and Black Widow, while not being strapped in and went on to fight a ground war, pretty much solo. He then got blown out a window, landed on a car so hard it caved in the roof and still got up to fight alongside Thor. Then got shot in the stomach and was still ready for more. It was only after all of this did he look anywhere near as wiped as Bruce did after being shot down.

And you forgot about Cap lifting a motorcycle, with 3 grown women on top, for several USO tours.

KingD19
Cap also punched through submarine glass, which has to be extremely reinforced due to the massive pressures at ocean depths. And he punched through it while underwater, so he couldn't generate as much force as normal, and then he threw the guy from the water onto the dry dock which was a good 15-20 feet above him.

Silent Master
Considering they are trying to say that Batman surviving a plane crashing from maybe a couple hundred feet while strapped into his seat is an equal durability feat to Cap surviving jumping out of a plane without a chute and that they're using the argument that bullets are harder to see thus they must have been faster than the energy weapons, do you really expect them to admit to how impressive Cap's feats are?

Robtard
Adam West Batman > Captain America all day, every day; twice on Sundays.

Based

Do you not realize this is the movies forum? Literally none of the OP is specified in a movie.

Time Immemorial
With Batmans suit, gear and weapons, he could pull a win off, SM thinks this is just a fist fight.

wallman77
Considering they are trying to say that Batman surviving a plane crashing from maybe a couple hundred feet while strapped into his seat is an equal durability feat to Cap surviving jumping out of a plane without a chute and that they're using the argument that bullets are harder to see thus they must have been faster than the energy weapons, do you really expect them to admit to how impressive Cap's feats are?

yups Happy Dance

Riot-Gear
True. But Cap, in contrast, took a beating from several specialized SHIELD agents, jumped out of a (very) high-rise window to land on concrete yet still got up quickly and took down a jet fighter with just his shield.

True. But Cap landed on his shield. The shield that absorbs energy/force/impact etc. Is basically a magic plot device that does what ever the writers need it to.

Which of course is some thing I already mentioned. So I had hoped it was clear that my evaluation of Caps durability was sans shield.

If your wondering why. Well because on like Batman's he doesn't have him on it all the time, considering he also uses it as a thrown weapon and even when he is holding it, it doesn't cover all or even most of his body. Yes he's good at using it to defend himself, but it's not the same as a suit of armor, which Cap kinda already has. Though it doesn't seem to be as good as Batman's.

Basically judges Caps durability based on shield feats is like judging Batman's durability based on the damage the Batmobile can take.

Lets go back to the elevator fight for a moment though. Remember that after bring down the rest of the shield agents Cap faced of one on one against Rumlow. Who was landing far more blows then he seemed to early on, indicating that the fight did slow Cap down.

At this point the Batroc and Black Widow vs Winter Soldier are worth mentioning. In both cases "normal" human were able to give Cap or Bucky brief pause. In the case of Batroc when Cap was fairly fresh. Yes he had just fought a skirmish, but not on that took much out of him.

In other words "normals" can slow down Cap under the right circumstances as well.

Hell, in Avengers, Cap went down in the jet with Hawkeye and Black Widow, while not being strapped in and went on to fight a ground war, pretty much solo. He then got blown out a window, landed on a car so hard it caved in the roof and still got up to fight alongside Thor. Then got shot in the stomach and was still ready for more. It was only after all of this did he look anywhere near as wiped as Bruce did after being shot down.

That he did and they are good feats. Of course I never suggested Cap wasn't durable, in fact I believe I said that when it came to soaking this kind of damage Batman and Captain America are about equal. On the other hand Caps gun shot wounds in Winter Soldier suggest that their are clearly kinds of damage Batman is better at taking.

And you forgot about Cap lifting a motorcycle, with 3 grown women on top, for several USO tours.

Another good feat and yes one I didn't mention. Though it doesn't change much. The feats already posted suggest that Caps got a bit of an edge in raw physical strength.

steverules_2
I would go for comics Batman over Captain America.

But this is the Movie Versus. Every film version of Batman would lose.

Really? Guess you didn't read the avengers/JLA crossover where batman himself said that in a fight cap would win

relentless1
try again bud, batman says that its conceiveable that cap could beat him, i actully give that as a martial arts feat to batman because he was able to determine caps skill and physical prowess from a couple of parries and blocks

Silent Master
The writer Kurt later stated that his intent for that scene was Batman admitting that Cap was more skilled. I can look up the quote, it's been posted on the comic vs board several times.

Psychotron
Captain America wins against all movie versions of Batman.

Based
Originally posted by steverules_2
Really? Guess you didn't read the avengers/JLA crossover where batman himself said that in a fight cap would win

It's not canon. But I agree comic Batman loses to Cap. PIS taken out of course.

pym-ftw
Cap throws him through a wall and curbs him.

Steve has shown more skill in 3 movies than Bruce in 7

Also comic Cap has far higher lifting feats than Deathbattle gave him credit for.

Silent Master
Agreed.

Based
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Also comic Cap has far higher lifting feats than Deathbattle gave him credit for.
but but but batman can bench press looo poundz

Silent Master
Originally posted by Psychotron

There might be some animated versions of Batman that could beat MCU Cap, but for live action movies I completely agree.

FrothByte
I've always felt like we never really got a movie version of the true Batman right. They always ended up being Robo-bats instead of Ninja-bats.

Silent Master
At least lately, DC seems to go for a more realistic feel in their live action Batman movies, which tends to leave his fighting feats rather low.

Inhuman
The problem with movie batman is his suit. Its too bulky to perform fluid martial arts movements on screen without heavy cgi.
If they ever get it right (using cgi) , I hope it doesnt look like the halle berry catwoman cgi fight scenes.

Silent Master
I knew that movie was going to be crap, so I never watched it.

FrothByte
I knew that movie was going to be crap, so I never watched it.

Which one, Catwoman? You should give it a chance. It's so horrible that it's entertaining.

ares834
Originally posted by Psychotron

Nope. The cartoon versions kick his ass.

FrothByte
So should we bring in cartoon version of Captain America as well?

Silent Master
Originally posted by FrothByte
Which one, Catwoman? You should give it a chance. It's so horrible that it's entertaining.

Yep.

I did buy the DVD during the last black Friday, just in case I ever changed my mind.

ares834
So should we bring in cartoon version of Captain America as well?
He was saying Cap (presumably MCU) beats all versions of Batman. I was merely correcting him. smile

As for cartoon versions, got no clue what Cap is capable of. But Bats can dodge bullets and took out Amazo.

FrothByte
Ok gotcha.

Ultimate Avengers (cartoons) Cap can tank multiple bullets and has agility nearing Spiderman's (at least from what I remember).

But yeah, MCU Cap will lose to cartoon Batman (at least some of them).

Robtard
Ultimate Cap can takes hits from Ultimate Hulk and flip over a stationary canon that easily weighed 10 tons.

relentless1
current movie Batman gets stomped, ask me again after BvS though and I'm sure you'll get a different answer

Time Immemorial
Cap wins in movies after latest showings. Pretty sure he wins in animated too. He punked Thor and Hulk.

relentless1
lol i forgot i started this thread

Silent Master
current movie Batman gets stomped, ask me again after BvS though and I'm sure you'll get a different answer

Even if Batman's feats don't support him winning?

Jmanghan
Comic Batman stomps any version of Cap.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Jmanghan

LOL!!!!!!

relentless1
its Batman fighting Superman under Zack-awesome fight scene-Snyders direction, how could he not have beast feats?

Silent Master
its Batman fighting Superman under Zack-awesome fight scene-Snyders direction, how could he not have beast feats?

There is only two ways for movie Batman to have a chance against Superman, Superman gets depowered or massive PIS. either way it's not going to mean much for battle boards.

You better hope Batman's good combat feats come from other scenes.

Time Immemorial
LOL!!!!!!

laughing out loud

relentless1
i refer to how badass a fighter Snyder made Nite Owl, now dial that up to a solid 10 for Batman

Silent Master
Sounds like wishful thinking, seeing as his Nite Owl even with help got his a$$ kicked by someone around Cap's level.

Inhuman
Note Owl also has the help of the all mighty slo motion effects in his fights , thus falsfully enhancing his abilities.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I've always felt like we never really got a movie version of the true Batman right. They always ended up being Robo-bats instead of Ninja-bats.

Batman begins was very ninja like... The scene at the loading dock... The scene with Scarecrow and ambushing his men one by one. Much of this was done with quick stealth like movements. He was very much Ninja Batman in the first one.. after that... not so much

KuRuPT Thanosi
Oh and Cap wins and it's in a very decisive way.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Batman begins was very ninja like... The scene at the loading dock... The scene with Scarecrow and ambushing his men one by one. Much of this was done with quick stealth like movements. He was very much Ninja Batman in the first one.. after that... not so much

in terms of appearing and disappearing, yeah he was ninja like. But in terms of fighting skill and agility? No. He looked very cumbersome.

kronos251
My two fave comic book characters.... Damn this is a tough one. But ultimately, because of the super-soldier serum and he's a living World War II legend, then Cap, it is.

Silent Master
It's not a tough one, movie Cap wins rather easily, Baleman just doesn't have the feats.

Spawningpool
Murcia kicks batmans ass batman is just a rich furry who buys gadgets and knows how to fight... No superpowers

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Jmanghan

Just say you know nothing about these characters in comics instead of beating around the bush. I mean your statement clued us in that you knew nothing about them, but it's still better to just say it directly .

kronos251
It's not a tough one, movie Cap wins rather easily, Baleman just doesn't have the feats.

I meant it's a 'tough one' for me, my decision personally, since I can't really choose between my two favorite CB characters.

Silent Master
Is anyone seeing a pattern here?

cdtm
Hmm..

Gonna go with Batman. Those wonderful toys.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by cdtm
Those wonderful toys.

Against which a Vibranium/Adamantium (I believe it's that combo in the comics) shield might prove useful for defending.

FrothByte
How the hell did this even reach 5 pages? Cap had this won before the thread was even made.

cdtm
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Against which a Vibranium/Adamantium (I believe it's that combo in the comics) shield might prove useful for defending.

Some of them. Others, not so much.

Darth Thor
If only Cap had a weapon that could knock Batman out really quickly... hmm...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.