The Reed Richards challenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
The "smartest man in comics".
Could he:

Build better armor than Tony Stark

Use Pym particles more effectively than Hank Pym

Recreate Abraham Erskine's super soldier serum

Cured the Legacy Virus quicker than the Beast and Moira McTaggert

In the DCnu:

Reverse engineer a Mother Box

Create a super speed formula ala 3X2(9YZ)4A"wink

Have kept Krypton from exploding

Build a better Amazo

Decimus
Yes and easily much, much more.

riv6672
Really?
Seeing as you're the only one that posted, while i disagree, i still say thanks!

Mindset
The only thing Reed is the best at is disappointing his friends and family.

riv6672
Agreed.

Its my list, and i think he could do better at some of these things.
But not all, and not easily.

pym-ftw
Build better armor than Tony Stark: yes

Use Pym particles more effectively than Hank Pym; not without becoming them incarnate like Pym, but Reed's durability definitely gives him an early advantage.

Recreate Abraham Erskine's super soldier serum: I want to say yes but its truly one of the few sacred things at Marvel; no

Cured the Legacy Virus quicker than the Beast and Moira McTaggert: Yeah

In the DCnu:

Reverse engineer a Mother Box: most likely

Create a super speed formula ala 3X2(9YZ)4A"wink: with exposure to it yeah, probably fairly quickly

Have kept Krypton from exploding: depends on the timeline but a general yes Reed can stop a planet from collapsing.

Build a better Amazo

Decimus
Originally posted by riv6672
Really?
Seeing as you're the only one that posted, while i disagree, i still say thanks!
No prob if it helps I believe Doom could do the same with more style wink One must understand Reed's intelligence can do anything the writer wants and has been show many a time to be a cop out entirely. A deus machina plot devise plain and simple so in that regard he could easily do it whether the writer thinks it makes the story entertaining/believable or whatever is an entirely different story...

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Mindset
The only thing Reed is the best at is disappointing his friends and family. And being superior to Doom.

riv6672
I hear you, and agree as to the why.
Its also how Hank Pym wound up as an omni disciplinary scientist. Whenever the Avengers writers needed something sciencey done, he was the go to guy.

Philosophía
I don't think there's anything this board would say Reed or Doom aren't capable of doing with prep.

zopzop
Originally posted by Insane Titan
And being superior to Doom.
thumb upOriginally posted by pym-ftw
Recreate Abraham Erskine's super soldier serum: I want to say yes but its truly one of the few sacred things at Marvel; no

Been done by someone nowhere near Reed's level of intellect (around the same time period too) and better. See : Wonder Fluid.

riv6672
That last...sounds wrong.eek!

pym-ftw
Captain Wonder sucks, don't worry.

Urizkerx
Pre extremis maybe, post no

no

yes

no

DCNU

Maybe, Batman has done it although he's been exposed to Apokaliptian tech longer, Reed should able to do it.

probably not

yes

no, Amazo if anything was a fluke.

I think what people should realize is that even though Reed is one of the smartest characters, some characters are smarter in fields they specialize in ei Bruce Banner gamma energy, so Reed being smarter doesn't necessarily mean he is going to replicate their feats.

riv6672
Originally posted by pym-ftw
That statement makes it worse!laughing out loud

riv6672
Originally posted by Urizkerx
I think what people should realize is that even though Reed is one of the smartest characters, some characters are smarter in fields they specialize in ei Bruce Banner gamma energy, so Reed being smarter doesn't necessarily mean he is going to replicate their feats.

Thats how i personally see it.

Still, like has been said here, Reed is a walking plot device to many writers and fans.

zopzop
He'd pound Steve into paste though. smokin'

riv6672
Ha, you said pound.
Wonder fluid.
Sucks.

I'm dyin' here! laughing

CadenceV2
Ultimate Reed Richards would kick Reed Richards a$$ in feats. That's all I need to know.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by zopzop
He'd pound Steve into paste though. smokin' Maybe but Bucky > Tim

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by CadenceV2
Ultimate Reed Richards would kick Reed Richards a$$ in feats. That's all I need to know.

No he would not...

Reed defeated the LT...

What does Ultimate Reed have to compare?

CadenceV2
Ultimate feats include doing things at a young age that took 616 Reed his adult hood to do. It was also Ultimate Reed who retrieve the Infinity Gauntlet, discovered most of the Marvel Comics Multiverse as well traveled to them, master time manipulation at the age of a teenager, and he planned the win over 616 Galactus who had a amp after absorbing Gah Lak Tus. Heck Ulitmate Reed created the first Cosmic Cube as a child in his universe.

Also 616 never beaten LT lol. Ever. Reed could not even beat Galactus without stealing Galactus own weapon lol. He was also powerless vs Beyonder and Mephisto even with prep. Doom however did beaten Classic Beyonder, Mephisto, and Galactus. Hell. Thanos commented that Doom was the only earth bound threat to him. Just Doom.

Dr Doom >>Ultimate Reed >> Reed. Fact.

TheLordofMurder
Ultimate feats include doing things at a young age that took 616 Reed his adult hood to do. It was also Ultimate Reed who retrieve the Infinity Gauntlet, discovered most of the Marvel Comics Multiverse as well traveled to them, master time manipulation at the age of a teenager, and he planned the win over 616 Galactus who had a amp after absorbing Gah Lak Tus. Heck Ulitmate Reed created the first Cosmic Cube as a child in his universe.

Also 616 never beaten LT lol. Ever. Reed could not even beat Galactus without stealing Galactus own weapon lol. He was also powerless vs Beyonder and Mephisto even with prep. Doom however did beaten Classic Beyonder, Mephisto, and Galactus. Hell. Thanos commented that Doom was the only earth bound threat to him. Just Doom.

Dr Doom >>Ultimate Reed >> Reed. Fact.

Wrong...

Every version of Reed has defeated every version of Doom...heres proof:

TheLordofMurder
As for Reed beating Tribunal, give me some time to locate the scan...

I have it somewhere on panel...

CadenceV2
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Wrong...

Every version of Reed has defeated every version of Doom...heres proof:

While Reed has beaten Victor time and again does not change the facts that Doom has done more with prep and has more impressive feats than Reed. Doom save Reeds daughter when Reed with prep and help could not.
Fact.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
As for Reed beating Tribunal, give me some time to locate the scan...

I have it somewhere on panel...

I love to see it as I never heard of this feat.

TheLordofMurder
While Reed has beaten Victor time and again does not change the facts that Doom has done more with prep and has more impressive feats than Reed. Doom save Reeds daughter when Reed with prep and help could not.
Fact.

Still, ultimately, Reed beats Doom...

Across every reality, Reed has beaten Doom and has put a dog collar on him; Doom is Reeds slave...

Reed is Dooms superior...

TheLordofMurder
I love to see it as I never heard of this feat.

I got it somewhere...

Zopzop might have it more readily available...

zopzop
Maybe but Bucky > Tim
NEVER!

The Wonder Fluid was so potent that, even though Time was exposed to less of it than Jeff was, it still gave him mid-meta level powers! Timmy T > Bucky!

@LoM
It was the Reed from the Last Planet Standing storyline. I don't think it was 616 Reed.

Khazra Reborn
Doom is Reed's babysitter. He's barely even a valid threat to Reed anymore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.