Bat-Beast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
If Bruce & Hank were to change spots with Beast becoming Batman how well would he do?

Hank gets Bruce's gear, info & home
Alfred will do what he can to help Hank with the transition
Hank must accomplish everything DCNU Batman has to do.

How does he do?

Jynocidus
Does Hank retain his powers also?

pym-ftw
Yes he is in his most current mutation.

Jynocidus
More often then not, he'd probably do pretty well I think. Aside from cosmetically, and substituting skill with / for enhanced stats while retaining resources. I think Beast transformed again recently after his health issues. He's smart, too

I don't keep up too much with Batman though, I admit, wouldn't be surprised if he gets machine gunned in some sticky situation or something.

riv6672
He wouldnt do badly. He'd out muscle a good chunk of the Bat rogues, too.

krisblaze
I think Beast would do just fine actually.

riv6672
Bane trying to break the Beast would not end well for the luchador...

pym-ftw
Beast is physically obviously superior but lacks alot of Bryce's deduction & especially Martial arts prowess. There is also the fact that Beast while initially is quite intimidating he will not really keep up that illusion nor does he have the Batman's constant drive, no offence to beast.

I think this is a really fun idea for a crossover that will never happen.

krisblaze
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Beast is physically obviously superior but lacks alot of Bryce's deduction & especially Martial arts prowess. There is also the fact that Beast while initially is quite intimidating he will not really keep up that illusion nor does he have the Batman's constant drive, no offence to beast.

I think this is a really fun idea for a crossover that will never happen.

I disagree, but given that Beast is not a flagship character writers have actually credited him with humanity, and not treated him or his personality as some sort of universal force.

So naturally he won't have Batman's feats of will.

pym-ftw
I meant more along the line of working 20 hour days and such

krisblaze
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I meant more along the line of working 20 hour days and such
I think he would, and he has.

Most x-men work themselves to death when they're trying to accomplish something. Beast locked himself in and worked 24/7 when he was trying to cure the legacy virus.

The only reason why Beast wouldn't be a good fit for Batman's -exact- role is because he's not dumb enough to actually believe that beating on gangsters and masked villains will solve anything long-term.

Morrison Batman eventually removed the crime element and wizened up, but up until that point it was a joke stick out tongue

Iskandar
Things would get a lot harrier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.