Plo Koon Vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Has this been done before? i honestly looked and didn't find it so, here it is. The Powerful Kel Dor Master Vs The Son Of Dathomir.

Lightsabers.

Force Powers.

All-Out.

Who wins?

Emperordmb
Maul takes this one solidly.

Sinious
Maul.

Nalaniel
Maul. If Savage can beat him, so can Maul.

Fated Xtasy
I forgot about Savage beating Koon, lol sorry for the mismatch thread.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I forgot about Savage beating Koon, lol sorry for the mismatch thread.

No need to apologise and this is not a mismatch at all.

Savage only beat Plo by yanking off his breath mask while he was distracted by some clone troopers in trouble. True, distractions happen in battle, but the fact remains that Savage didn't win by being "better" than Plo i.e. because of superior skill or battle prowess. It was entirely due to circumstances.

I have no doubt that in a one-on-one scenario Plo would have beaten Savage. Keep in mind also that Maul himself believed that Plo would be a worthy challenge.

Emperordmb
The Plo was distracted because he was looking at clones is a misplaced one. Based on the grip Savage had on Plo's mask, Plo would've had to be facing Savage when it happened. Also, Savage was holding up against Koon and his squad of clones prior to that.

Marco1907
Originally posted by chilled monkey

Keep in mind also that Maul himself believed that Plo would be a worthy challenge.

That was TPM Maul, and TPM Maul is not very superior to Savage Opress either.

TCW Maul never said that, and considering the fact that Maul's apprentice defeated Plo once, yeah this is a mismatch.

carthage
He snatched his mask in a cheapshot, Savage in a one v one duel would lose to Koon imo

Marco1907
Originally posted by carthage
He snatched his mask in a cheapshot, Savage in a one v one duel would lose to Koon imo

Still, they are equal at worst. Plo should have to protect his mask as well, that is a good speed feat for Savage. Not to mention, Plo got help from Clone Troopers as well.

carthage
Plo is more skillfull than Savage. Savage has better TK feats like choking out people, sending armies of people flying, etc. But Plo held off Ventress with one arm and has enough strength to hold his own against Savage.

I think Plo's skill is more important than Savage's brute strength personally. But yeah I think he'd lose to Maul.

Maul probably takes this something like 6/10

Emperordmb
Not really sure how Savage ripping Koon's mask off doesn't demonstrate at least parity.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Marco1907
TCW Maul never said that, and considering the fact that Maul's apprentice defeated Plo once, yeah this is a mismatch.

No it isn't. You need to learn to understand the concept of differing circumstances.

Originally posted by Marco1907
Not to mention, Plo got help from Clone Troopers as well.

Those troopers were more of a hinder than a help since Plo had to focus on defending them. Sure most of the time having help is a big plus, but sometimes it just means a distraction and more things to have to keep track of.

Superman once said it best; "I've had better luck handling entire armies. You know why? Because I didn't have to worry about anyone but myself!"

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Not really sure how Savage ripping Koon's mask off doesn't demonstrate at least parity.

Oh, it's an impressive feat to be able to exploit such a fleeting moment of opportunity. But the fact remains that he needed an outside factor to create that distraction for him to exploit.

Without that outside factor I'm quite sure Plo would have beaten him after a tough fight.

Emperordmb
From the way Savage was holding the mask, Plo Koon would've had to have been facing him for him to have gotten that grip on it.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Emperordmb
From the way Savage was holding the mask, Plo Koon would've had to have been facing him for him to have gotten that grip on it.

Beg you pardon but so?

Plo glanced away momentarily, turned back just in time to see Oppress's hand coming towards his face and a split second later Opress yanked it off. Alternatively Plo was facing him but his attention was diverted to the troopers that he noticed peripherally. You can be facing someone and still have your attention on something else.

Bottom line, he was distracted. I really don't think you can ignore that.

Emperordmb
At the very least, their fight demonstrates parity between the two, which still has Koon below Maul.

DARTH POWER

He was already floored by Opress before he snatched his mask off.

And if anything it was the Clone Trooper cheap shotting Savage from behind while he was finishing off Koon,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.