K'kruhk Vs. Tol Skorr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wjb61274
The Whipid vs The Plan B Acolyte

Q99
K'Kruhk.

chilled monkey
Tol never amounted to much but even he wins here. K'kruhk just isn't a very good duellist, at all.

carthage
Q bashing fodder characters again I see

Q99
Originally posted by carthage
Q bashing fodder characters again I see

I do tend to be a bit dismissive of 'dark adepts' that are, themselves, in-universe recruited to be expendable... but I can back it up.

K'Kruhk doesn't have a lot of wins, but he did disarmed one of Grievous's lightsabers before going down (and like most of the masters there, he was not fresh going in), has a number of good general battle showings vs conventional forces like the Yinchorri (who had a resistance to the force, making them fairly tough foes), the Morgukai clone army (6 months of fighting against Anzati-trained physically strong clones), Droids, and so on.

Skorr, was, well, let's compare track records against Quinlan Vos.

Skorr fought Vos the moment Vos showed up on Dooku's doorstep, alongside fellow dark jedi Kadrian Sey, and they both got their butts kicked. Two on one, no Dooku training, butts kicked.

Now, to be fair, Skorr also fought and beat up Vos once... about a minute or two after Kenobi had rescued Quinlan from literally drowning.

Then he, of course, fought Vos solo in the end and died.

Now K'Krukh's fight. He lost to Vos, but he landed hits, and at one point had Quinlan disarmed and pinned, but Vos managed to push him off (to a long fall). And he cared for Vos and wanted him alive- in other words, it looked very much like a fight between equals and if the circumstances had been different, or if K'Kruhk had being less hesitant, it could've gone differently.

When they both fight the same guy, and Skorr loses unless Vos is literally drowned, even when he has backup, while K'Kruhk punches him in the face and disarms him, well, that's a difference in performance.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Q99
I do tend to be a bit dismissive of 'dark adepts' that are, themselves, in-universe recruited to be expendable... but I can back it up.

They were considered expendable yes, but I doubt Dooku would have recruited them if they were completely incompetent.

Originally posted by Q99
K'Kruhk doesn't have a lot of wins, but he did disarmed one of Grievous's lightsabers before going down (and like most of the masters there, he was not fresh going in),

That wasn't a disarm; Grievous deliberately let go of that lightsabre to trick K'kruhk into attacking and thus leaving himself open.

Also while he wasn't exactly fresh as a daisy, K'kruhk's species are noted for incredible stamina even without Force-augmentation, so he wouldn't have been that tired.

Originally posted by Q99
has a number of good general battle showings vs conventional forces like the Yinchorri (who had a resistance to the force, making them fairly tough foes), the Morgukai clone army (6 months of fighting against Anzati-trained physically strong clones), Droids, and so on.

Oh, he's not a wussy by any means. As you say he's done very well against conventional forces, some of which were quite formidable in their own right

He's fine as a general-purpose fighter, just not much good as a duellist specifically.

Originally posted by Q99
When they both fight the same guy, and Skorr loses unless Vos is literally drowned, even when he has backup, while K'Kruhk punches him in the face and disarms him, well, that's a difference in performance.

I admit you do make a good point.

Q99
Originally posted by chilled monkey
They were considered expendable yes, but I doubt Dooku would have recruited them if they were completely incompetent.

Yes, there's still Jedi-trained, and the ability to even put up a fight against Vos means they have uses, plenty of missions they can pull off and no doubt did. They just weren't as valued as they thought they were, even among those Dooku used.

Fair points, especially considering K'Kruhk himself.

Hm, a pretty good way of putting it.

Q99
Oh yea, one more parallel:

Both K'Kruhk and Tor Skorr lost their fights to Vos via fall.

If the K'Kruhk fight had been on flat ground, it'd have likely gone on a good deal longer.

If the Skorr fight had been on flat ground, Skorr simply dies from Vos's next lightsaber attack instead.

carthage
The pig wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.