Cap vs Deathstroke no weapons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

relentless1
Ok, so everybody seems to agree that they are pretty even in physicality but Caps shield would net him the win, so lets do this fight in a battle arena: Captain America vs Deathstroke, hand to hand combat only, no weapons, who wins?

Firefly218
Still Cap

BruceSkywalker
SMMFDH....

Slade still loses

FrothByte
Without the weapons then Slade probably wins. Cap is still more skilled and will probably land more punches, but Slade is pretty skilled as well and is quite a bit more durable. That durability and healing factor will win it for him in the end.

marwash22
facepalm

Silent Master
Cap would still win.

DTM
I dont really know, I could see this going either way really.

FrothByte
I'd like to hear reasons why you all still give Cap the win. There's no concrete proof that Cap is stronger. And there is pretty good proof that Slade is more durable. So why does everyone seem to think Cap wins?

marwash22
Cap straight up ate direct hits to the face from Bucky's bionic arm... the same arm that ripped metal with ease and caught Cap's shield throw. Cap was also hit with blaster fire that knocked Iron Man on his ass and suffered no lasting damage.

I already told you why Cap is stronger and faster in the other thread.

FrothByte
Originally posted by marwash22
Cap straight up ate direct hits to the face from Bucky's bionic arm... the same arm that ripped metal with ease and caught Cap's shield throw. Cap was also hit with blaster fire that knocked Iron Man on his ass and suffered no lasting damage.

I already told you why Cap is stronger and faster in the other thread.

The mirakuru soldiers were taking multiple direct gunshots to the body and kept on fighting. Cap has never shown that kind of durability before.

I also countered your strength arguments by listing strength feats of the mirakuru soldiers in the other thread.

Their speed is debatable. If a normal human like Batroc can keep up in fight speed with Cap then whatever speed advantage Cap may have over Slade (if any at all) will be too little to matter.

KingD19
Cap took a Chitauri beam to the chest. And got right back up. That's better than bullets as those blasts as stated were sitting Iron Man down, tearing up concrete and blowing up cars.

marwash22
"Their speed is debatable"...

no expression

marwash22
Originally posted by FrothByte
The mirakuru soldiers were taking multiple direct gunshots to the body and kept on fighting. Cap has never shown that kind of durability before. i just literally just pointed out that he has shown BETTER durability.

Silent Master
I find it laughable that people are trying to say that bullets > Chitauri energy blast.

FrothByte
i just literally jut pointed out that he has shown BETTER durability.

No you didn't. Slade was never hit by Chitauri gunfire or by Bucky's arm so you can't conclude whether Cap is more durable or not.

Cap has been hit by gunfire before though, and we can draw conclusions from that. Even grazing hits hurt and slow down Cap whereas mirakuru-men could tank multiple gunshots at close range.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Silent Master
I find it laughable that people are trying to say that bullets > Chitauri energy blast.

So how come Cap was hurt more by bullets than by the Chitauri gun blast then hmm?

KingD19
Considering how much damage a single chitauri blast does compared to a bullet...

Silent Master
So how come Cap was hurt more by bullets than by the Chitauri gun blast then hmm?

LOL at your claim that bullets > Chitauri energy blast.

FrothByte
Also, a knife was able to cut Cap without too much difficulty. Oliver's arrows could barely penetrate the skin of the mirakuru-soldiers.

marwash22
Their bodies weren't registering the pain... how you can sit here and claim that bullets are greater than energy blast that blow up cars and knock Iron Man on his ass is absurdity.

FrothByte
LOL at your claim that bullets > Chitauri energy blast.

No, I'm asking you why then was Captain America hurt more by bullets than by the Chitauri gun fire?

marwash22
Also, a knife was able to cut Cap without too much difficulty. Oliver's arrows could barely penetrate the skin of the mirakuru-soldiers. Sara's dad stabbed one in the head... with his hand. erm

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Considering how much damage a single chitauri blast does compared to a bullet...

Are you sure you're not mistaking the rifles the Chitauri were carrying to the damage their gliders were doing?

Silent Master
Also, a knife was able to cut Cap without too much difficulty. Oliver's arrows could barely penetrate the skin of the mirakuru-soldiers.

So now your argument is that both bullets and arrows > Chitauri energy blast.

LOL!!!!

marwash22
No, I'm asking you why then was Captain America hurt more by bullets than by the Chitauri gun fire? omg.

why do paper cuts hurt worse than larger gaping wounds?... because the damage is concentrated in a smaller area.

FrothByte
Sara's dad stabbed one in the head... with his hand. erm

Which episode was this? Was this the fight in the precint? I'll have to re-watch the scene to be sure... because for some reason people here keep misrepresenting the feats from Arrow (like some people claiming Oliver matched Slade while Slade had the mirakuru).

FrothByte
So now your argument is that both bullets and arrows > Chitauri energy blast.

LOL!!!!

Are you saying Captain is bullet proof and knife-proof because he survived the chitauri blast?

Why don't you want to answer the question.

My original stance was, Slade was never hit by chitauri gun fire which is why you can't use that as proof and simply say Cap is more durable than Slade. I'm using normal gun fire because they both had similar experience with it. Why do you keep dodging this fact?

marwash22
Which episode was this? the finale. He straight up walks up to one of Slade's men and stabs him in the head with an arrow.

Silent Master
We have seen how much damage the Chitauri energy blasts were doing, so you claiming that Slade has better durability feats means that you're claiming that bullets > Chitauri energy blasts.

So like I said, LOL!!!!!

FrothByte
We have seen how much damage the Chitauri energy blasts were doing, so you claiming that Slade has better durability feats means that you're claiming that bullets > Chitauri energy blasts.

So like I said, LOL!!!!!

When it comes to hurting Cap, then yes, bullets > chitauri fire, as this is proven by on screen feats. I'm not interesting in which one can destroy more concrete or furniture, just which one can hurt Cap more. Care to argue that point?

NemeBro
To be fair to Frothbye, why is everyone ignoring his question on whether or not bullets could noticeably harm Cap or not?

I mean, I've never seen Arrow, but from what I can see in this thread everyone is just dodging an uncomfortable question; you all refuse to commit to an answer.

Do bullets affect Cap more than they do Slade? I can't recall Cap being shot so I don't know.

marwash22
omg.

why do paper cuts hurt worse than larger gaping wounds?... because the damage is concentrated in a smaller area.

btw, i also don't recall Cap being shot with bullets.

Silent Master
Originally posted by NemeBro
To be fair to Frothbye, why is everyone ignoring his question on whether or not bullets could noticeably harm Cap or not?

I mean, I've never seen Arrow, but from what I can see in this thread everyone is just dodging an uncomfortable question; you all refuse to commit to an answer.

Do bullets affect Cap more than they do Slade? I can't recall Cap being shot so I don't know.

Because the Chitauri energy blasts have been shown to do far more damage than bullets, making withstanding them the better durability feet. Not to mention Cap has taken hits from the Red Skull, Winter Soldier and Loki which also outclass anything Slade has taken.

Frothbyte is pulling a quan, he is ignoring the multiple feats of Cap that are clearly superior while harping on one feat for Slade.
At best the Slade feat grants him better piercing durability...but this is a HTH fight with no weapons so that type of advantage isn't likely to matter.

FrothByte
btw, i also don't recall Cap being shot with bullets.

Bucky shot him near the end of their fight. Shot him first in the leg which got him limping, then again in his side which dropped him. He was still able to move around after that but he was clearly struggling.

Also, I don't know what kind of huge gaping wounds you've had but the ones I've had were certainly a lot more painful than paper cuts.

NemeBro
Yeah that isn't how physics works.

If you can genuinely withstand an attack that would vaporize the human body then the average bullet isn't going to so much as blemish your skin.

Also, let's not pretend that chitauri blaster rounds are huge bullets where the energy is dispersed over a large area. The actual bolt is only about an inch in diameter. Which means that despite the small contact area, it could still vaporize a human body. Wow man. Dude wow.

NemeBro
Because the Chitauri energy blasts have been shown to do far more damage than bullets, making withstanding them the better durability feet. Not to mention Cap has taken hits from the Red Skull, Winter Soldier and Loki which also outclass anything Slade has taken.

Frothbyte is pulling a quan, he is ignoring the multiple feats of Cap that are clearly superior while harping on one feat for Slade.
At best the Slade feat grants him better piercing durability...but this is a HTH fight with no weapons so that type of advantage isn't likely to matter. "Piercing durability" is a bullshit term used to justify bullshit showings where dumb writers have Wonder Woman capable of brawling with Superman while having to avoid bullets.

marwash22
Bucky shot him near the end of their fight. Shot him first in the leg which got him limping, then again in his side which dropped him. He was still able to move around after that but he was clearly struggling.

Also, I don't know what kind of huge gaping wounds you've had but the ones I've had were certainly a lot more painful than paper cuts. I've been shot and I've had paper cuts.

i didn't even know i had been shot when it happened. The paper cuts hurt far more. I've also had a piece of glass embedded in my eyebrow and i didn't even know it was there until the blood started dripping... paper cuts hurt worse. I've also had the skin between my index and middle finger completely ripped open and didn't know until i looked down... again, the paper cuts hurt more.

FrothByte

At best the Slade feat grants him better piercing durability...but this is a HTH fight with no weapons so that type of advantage isn't likely to matter.

You're comparing an energy based weapon with piercing weapons. Obviously normal bullets won't make a car explode the same way as energy weapons will. Still doesn't change the fact that bullets hurt Cap but not Slade.

What you fail to realize and keep trying to dodge, is that you can't say that Cap is more durable than Slade by simply stating that Cap survived the chitauri blast because Slade has never been blasted by a chitauri rifle and we have no idea how he would react to it.

I'm doing a proper debate here by using a common denominator between the two of them. I'm using gunfire and bullets and piercing weapons to gauge their durability with respect to each other because these are things both of them have encountered.

Saying Cap is more durable because he survived a chitauri blast (which hurt him quite a bit by the way) is like me claiming I'm stronger than you because I can carry a heavy chair without giving you the chance to try and carry it as well.

FrothByte
Also, there are other durability feats for SLade and the mirakuru- soldiers, I just don't have the time to research all of them but I'll do it when I get the time.

Among those I remember, they regularly get hit by cars and even driven over (IIRC) and they still get up. A falling steel light tower hit Roy and he just pushed it over. I'll list some more when I get the chance to do my research.

marwash22
"Piercing durability" is a bullshit term used to justify bullshit showings where dumb writers have Wonder Woman capable of brawling with Superman while having to avoid bullets. i disagree.

blunt force and slashing/cutting are very different.

Silent Master
Slade has zero feats to suggest he can take a Chitauri energy blast or tank hits from guys like the Red Skull, Loki and the Winter Soldier.

FrothByte
Slade has zero feats to suggest he can take a Chitauri energy blast or tank hits from guys like the Red Skull, Loki and the Winter Soldier.

Pretty sure getting hit by a speeding car, getting run over and still getting up counts for something. Also getting hit by a falling steel light tower.

Granted, these didn't happen to Slade directly but to his mirakuru-soldiers who were getting their powers by a transfusion of his blood.

FrothByte
the finale. He straight up walks up to one of Slade's men and stabs him in the head with an arrow.

Ok I watched the final episode. All the arrows they were using were tipped with the serum that countered the mirakuru. That's what allowed them to go toe to toe with the mirakuru soldiers.

marwash22
lol. all that did was take away their powers... AFTER they had been hit with the arrows. The serum didn't increase the strength of the arrows and it most certainly didn't increase the strength of the people using them. Sara's father (a normal human being) stabbed one those dude's with an arrow.

FrothByte
I didn't say the arrows didn't penetrate, I said the arrows had trouble penetrating them deep enough because their muscles were supposedly near as solid as concrete or something (hint, no muscle to stop an arrow going through your skull).

marwash22
Oliver, The Dark Archer, Sarah, etc. all shot them with arrows just fine... they simply pulled the arrows out of their bodies as if they weren't registering the pain.

Where on Earth are you getting this "muscle solid as concrete" stuff from?

FrothByte
Oliver, The Dark Archer, Sarah, etc. all shot them with arrows just fine... they simply pulled the arrows out of their bodies as if they weren't registering the pain.

Where on Earth are you getting this "muscle solid as concrete" stuff from?

It's from the episode where they first fought the first mirakuru-soldier. Oliver (or maybe it was Diggle) stabbed him in the thigh with an arrow and he took out the arrow and threw it away. Later Felicity is checking the arrow and the arrow head is all bent and misshapen and she says that the only way the arrow could get damaged like that if it hit something as hard as concrete.

I'm paraphrasing here of course. I'll have to find the particular episode to get the exact words.

And yes, arrows do penetrate them enough to stick into them, just not deep enough to cause serious injury.

HellRider
For the record, I've never watched "Arrow". But...

Cap was actually shot with BULLETS three times at the end of TWS. I think for dramatic purposes they had him act as if he was really struggling. He was still able to pick a really, really, really heavy beam and withstand punches from a bionic arm.

Slade's serum was made in Japan.
Cap's was made in Germany.

Cap wins.

relentless1
slade seems just as strong and more durable plus hes got fighting skill being a mercenary and crixus so ill give him the h2h win anyday

FrothByte
Originally posted by HellRider
For the record, I've never watched "Arrow". But...

Cap was actually shot with BULLETS three times at the end of TWS. I think for dramatic purposes they had him act as if he was really struggling. He was still able to pick a really, really, really heavy beam and withstand punches from a bionic arm.

Slade's serum was made in Japan.
Cap's was made in Germany.

Cap wins.

Cap was limping and struggling to move after being shot. Good durability feat but not quite as good as the mirakuru soldiers simply tanking the shots.

As for lifting that beam, it's not like Cap lifted the entire thing. He lifted it enough to shift the weight so Bucky could wiggle out. Good strength feat still but let's not make it sound like he lifted the entire thing.

Silent Master
Decent fight, IMO Cap wins.

Based

it's a good thing Cap doesn't have a Chituari weapon then...

Silent Master
Originally posted by Based
it's a good thing Cap doesn't have a Chituari weapon then...

You realize I was listing durability feats for Cap and not weapons Cap would be using against Slade, right?

Firefly218
Cap was limping and struggling to move after being shot. Good durability feat but not quite as good as the mirakuru soldiers simply tanking the shots.

Look at the OP bud ^ NO WEAPONS

Cap may not be as resilient to bullets as Slade, but this is h2h. Which means no guns. And Cap took hits from Loki, Red Skull and Winter Soldier - all of which are superhuman level. Slade had trouble with normal, regular, human Arrow. And that statement of Slade regenerating underwater cannot be taken literally. Slade is brain damaged, and therefore an unreliable source for accurate info.

That's just durability... Cap is way way way way way way faster than Slade could dream of being, Cap is more agile, more skilled, smarter and at least equally strong.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Firefly218
Look at the OP bud ^ NO WEAPONS

Cap may not be as resilient to bullets as Slade, but this is h2h. Which means no guns. And Cap took hits from Loki, Red Skull and Winter Soldier - all of which are superhuman level. Slade had trouble with normal, regular, human Arrow. And that statement of Slade regenerating underwater cannot be taken literally. Slade is brain damaged, and therefore an unreliable source for accurate info.

That's just durability... Cap is way way way way way way faster than Slade could dream of being, Cap is more agile, more skilled, smarter and at least equally strong.

Where have I ever said they were getting weapons? The gunshot feats were there to demonstrate durability. Because obviously a guy who can get shot multiple times at blank range and keep going can tank punches better than the guy who gets crippled from a few shots.

Mirakuru soldiers have also gotten hit and run over by cars and still got back up. Pretty sure cars hit stronger than WS or Red Skull. Maybe Loki.

And where are you getting this nonsense about Slade having trouble with Arrow? The only time Oliver gave Slade any trouble was when the miraukuru was taken out of Slade and he was only human.

Firefly218
Where have I ever said they were getting weapons? The gunshot feats were there to demonstrate durability. Because obviously a guy who can get shot multiple times at blank range and keep going can tank punches better than the guy who gets crippled from a few shots.

Mirakuru soldiers have also gotten hit and run over by cars and still got back up. Pretty sure cars hit stronger than WS or Red Skull. Maybe Loki.

And where are you getting this nonsense about Slade having trouble with Arrow? The only time Oliver gave Slade any trouble was when the miraukuru was taken out of Slade and he was only human.

?

Bullets are piercing, punches are blunt force. Different kinds of durability. Just because Slade is better at tanking bullets doesn't mean he's better at tanking punches. Because he's certainly not. Slade has no durability feats on the same level as Cap, when it comes to h2h.

Your second point is plain wrong

I say Slade had "trouble" in that he didn't completely dominate Oliver. Oliver matched Slade in skill, speed and agility. The huge advantage Slade had over Oliver was durability/strength, an advantage he won't have against Cap.

Silent Master
Does Slade have any durability feats that match with Cap taking hits from Loki, WS and RS, energy weapons or jumping out of a plane without a chute?

FrothByte
?

Bullets are piercing, punches are blunt force. Different kinds of durability. Just because Slade is better at tanking bullets doesn't mean he's better at tanking punches. Because he's certainly not. Slade has no durability feats on the same level as Cap, when it comes to h2h.

Your second point is plain wrong

I say Slade had "trouble" in that he didn't completely dominate Oliver. Oliver matched Slade in skill, speed and agility. The huge advantage Slade had over Oliver was durability/strength, an advantage he won't have against Cap.

Bullets provide blunt force trauma as well as piercing. That's fact. That's why people jerk back when they get shot.

Plus like I said, mirakuru soldiers have survived getting hit by cars without apparent side effects. Those are pretty good blunt trauma durability feats, since cars can hit with much more force than Red Skull or Winter Soldier.

Oliver never matched miraukuru Slade. Everytime they met and Slade had miraukuru, he completely dominated Oliver. Batroc had a better showing against Cap than Oliver had against mirakuru Slade.

FrothByte
Does Slade have any durability feats that match with Cap taking hits from Loki, WS and RS, energy weapons or jumping out of a plane without a chute?

Not from Slade himself but as previously mentioned, the mirakuru soldiers tanked getting hit by vehicles and Roy got hit by a falling light tower and just shrugged it off.

Silent Master
Those are supposed to match jumping out of a plane without a chute?

FrothByte
Those are supposed to match jumping out of a plane without a chute?

Guess you're failing to mention one important fact... that Cap jumped without a chute into WATER, feet first and with proper form. So yeah, getting hit by a speeding vehicle is comparable to that, probably even a better durability feat.

Cap's best durability feat is surviving shots from Loki and getting up after the chitauri blast hit him. Still not as good as mirakuru soldiers withstanding multiple gunshots at pointblank range.

Silent Master
You're aware that hitting water at terminal velocity is more than enough to shatter bones, right?

FrothByte
You're aware that hitting water at terminal velocity is more than enough to shatter bones, right?

Yup. And you're aware that getting hit by a speeding vehicle from the back is more than enough to shatter bones as well right?

We have records of humans diving off from more than 150 feet without injury. Granted, Cap probably jumped from the plane at a higher altitude than that, but what I want to point out here is that we don't have many examples of humans getting hit by speeding vehicles full force and surviving without injury.

Silent Master
So you're arguing that Slade could have replicated the plane jump?

FrothByte
So you're arguing that Slade could have replicated the plane jump?

Definitely. I'm also arguing that Slade can take the same hits from Red Skull, Winter Soldier, and Loki and react no less than how Cap did. Probably tank them even better.

Now, can you argue that Cap can take multiple gunshots at point blank range and just keep going like nothing happened? Can you argue that Cap can get hit full force in the back by a speeding van, get thrown 20 or so yards away, and get up without injury? Can you argue that Cap can take multiple hits from policemen with batons to the back without apparently noticing the hits?

Can you say that Cap is strong enough to easily snap a rifle in half with his bare hands without any apparent effort?

FrothByte
the finale. He straight up walks up to one of Slade's men and stabs him in the head with an arrow.

Just finished skimming through the final episode, can't find the scene that you're referring to. The only time Sara's dad killed one of the mirakuru soldiers that I've seen is by using 3 grenades.

Silent Master
I'll give you Slade being more bullet resistant due to the serum making his muscles harder. but Cap has the better blunt and energy based durability feats.

FrothByte
I'll give you Slade being more bullet resistant due to the serum making his muscles harder. but Cap has the better blunt and energy based durability feats.

We can't say Cap has better energy durability, simply because Slade hasn't been hit by energy weapons yet so there's nothing to compare. It's big question mark. Won't really matter since both of them don't use energy based weapons of any sort.

Better to compare them on feats that both have, in this case blunt trauma and piercing durability.

But you also can't say that Cap has better blunt trauma durability because I gave you decent examples of Slade and his mirakuru soldiers sustaining blunt trauma rivaling those of Cap... and they usually handled it better.

Case in point: When Captain America gets hit by normal humans (Batroc, elevator fight with SHIELD agents, etc) he can take the hits but he still seems hurt by them, albeit minimally - which is pretty damn impressive. But when Slade gets hit by normal humans (Diggle, Oliver, Sarah), he pretty much no-sells it - which is more impressive in my books.

Silent Master
You can't grant Slade durability he hasn't shown, so until you can show him taking a hit with equal/better damage output than the energy weapon Cap took, Cap's durability is better.

FrothByte
You can't grant Slade durability he hasn't shown, so until you can show him taking a hit with equal/better damage output than the energy weapon Cap took, Cap's durability is better.

I showed him having equal or better durability to Cap in other areas, is it really such a stretch to assume he can't tank that chitauri blast the same way Cap did or even better?

Besides like I said, energy durability factors very little in this fight. Heck, it's not even worth mentioning since none of them ever use energy weapons.

And let's not pretend that Cap wasn't hurt by that chitauri gun. The blast grazed his side, it wasn't even a full hit yet it clearly hurt.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Slade has better durability and strength feats (especially considering the feats of his mirakuru soldiers). Cap has better skill and agility feats.

Fight can go either way, but in a weapons match I give the slight majority to Cap and in a h2h fight I give the slight majority to Slade.

Silent Master
In one other area IE bullets, IMO jumping out of a plane without a chute > getting hit by a car.

FrothByte
In one other area IE bullets, IMO jumping out of a plane without a chute > getting hit by a car.

IMO, jumping out of a plane and landing in WATER feet first < getting hit in the back, completely unprepared, by a speeding van

Besides, why do you guys keep skipping around the bullet durability feat? Tanking gunshots and arrows and knives are a whole lot more relevant in this fight than jumping out of a plane.

And as far as I know, Cap doesn't have different types of durability for different types of injuries. He's not Wonder Woman. I don't know why you lot keep trying to divide his durability into different categories. He has a durability factor, period. Unless Marvel releases some specs about Cap saying that he has different durability stats depending on type of attack, I'm assuming that his durability is all in proportion to a normal human's, albeit enhanced.

Silent Master
IMO, jumping out of a plane and landing in WATER feet first < getting hit in the back, completely unprepared, by a speeding van

I disagree, I think hitting water at terminal velocity is far more impressive.

FrothByte
I disagree, I think hitting water at terminal velocity is far more impressive.

Meh, I'm pretty sure I've seen other movie characters do it. I think James Bond has done it a few times, not sure though.

And surviving an exploding ship without any lasting injuries other than the arrow in your eye is even more impressive methinks.

Silent Master
Meh, I'm pretty sure I've seen other movie characters do it. I think James Bond has done it a few times, not sure though.

And surviving an exploding ship without any lasting injuries other than the arrow in your eye is even more impressive methinks.

Feel free to post the clips.

FrothByte

Nah, too lazy. Too many james bond flicks. This debate isn't worth that much to me. Jumping out of a plane isn't quite as relevant to this fight as other durability feats anyway. Better to keep the argument to tanking punches and hits. And I seriously find it ridiculous how you're willing to put more stock in durability from jumping out of a plane as compared to durability from taking multiple gunshots.

And by the way, you never answered my questions:

Seems everytime I post a Pro-Slade argument, the Pro-Cap camp steps around it and refuses to address it.

Placidity
I would edge it to Cap, even though the Pro Cap arguments in here have been somewhat weak and some blatant dodging.

Firefly218
Bullets provide blunt force trauma as well as piercing. That's fact. That's why people jerk back when they get shot.

Plus like I said, mirakuru soldiers have survived getting hit by cars without apparent side effects. Those are pretty good blunt trauma durability feats, since cars can hit with much more force than Red Skull or Winter Soldier.

Oliver never matched miraukuru Slade. Everytime they met and Slade had miraukuru, he completely dominated Oliver. Batroc had a better showing against Cap than Oliver had against mirakuru Slade.

The degree of blunt force trauma sustained by a gunshot depends on the bullet type. Generally, bullets pierce through flesh without very much blunt force. There are exceptions, but the piercing nature of bullets confounds them as accurate reference feats in this particular fight. For all we know, Cap can tank blunt force trauma but not the piercing of his flesh. We can't just assume there aren't levels and conditions to durability. Feats suggest Cap is really good at tanking pure blunt force trauma and really bad at tanking bullets. In this fight, there are no bullets. So Slade's bullet tanking feat is irrelevant.

Cap getting beaten to a pulp by superhuman WS and then falling into the ocean from a helicarrier and briefly drowning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Getting hit by a car

Cap crashing a plane into the arctic and being frozen for decades >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> getting hit by a car

Humoring you for a moment. Supposing Slade and Cap are equal in durability and strength. What about speed? Agility? Skill? Answer those questions.

Also, Slade is mentally ill. Being mentally ill can f uck up a person's fighting technique and strategy.

FrothByte
The degree of blunt force trauma sustained by a gunshot depends on the bullet type. Generally, bullets pierce through flesh without very much blunt force. There are exceptions, but the piercing nature of bullets confounds them as accurate reference feats in this particular fight. For all we know, Cap can tank blunt force trauma but not the piercing of his flesh. We can't just assume there aren't levels and conditions to durability. Feats suggest Cap is really good at tanking pure blunt force trauma and really bad at tanking bullets. In this fight, there are no bullets. So Slade's bullet tanking feat is irrelevant.

Cap getting beaten to a pulp by superhuman WS and then falling into the ocean from a helicarrier and briefly drowning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Getting hit by a car

Cap crashing a plane into the arctic and being frozen for decades >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> getting hit by a car

Humoring you for a moment. Supposing Slade and Cap are equal in durability and strength. What about speed? Agility? Skill? Answer those questions.

Also, Slade is mentally ill. Being mentally ill can f uck up a person's fighting technique and strategy.

Ok hold on, are you telling me that the ability to tank multiple bullets at point blank range is not a factor in this fight just because it's h2h? What a load of crap. If your musculature is dense enough that arrows and bullets can't penetrate deep enough to cause serious injury then that's a definite advantage in a h2h fight, especially against someone who doesn't have the same feats.

I also mentioned how normal humans can hurt Cap in melee albeit minimally. Slade no-sells hits from normal humans. In fact, no blunt trauma force has been capable of hurting mirakuru Slade from what I recall. In fact, none of the mirakuru soldiers were ever taken out by bunt force trauma.

A speeding vehicle hits with more force than Red Skull and Winter Soldier. Winter Soldier's robot arm is strong but you have to remember that Cap overpowered it with his leg.

Surviving an exploding ship with an arrow embedded in your eye >>>> surviving crash landing a plane and getting frozen

As for your question about agility and skill, I already answered that in previous posts. Cap has the advantage in skill and agility. Slade in strength and durability. Combat speed is roughly equal seeing as normal humans are able to keep up with their movements.

Firefly218
I'm too tired to respond to those arguments now, but man are you gonna get it in the morning big grin

Time Immemorial

I think you need to actually watch the series instead of youtube clips to form a real opinion.

relentless1
the mirakuru guys tanked all forms of blunt trauma and projectiles as well, cap has been fazed by both; slade has better durability. Pretty simple here guys, I don't know why its taken 5 pages to clear that one up.

wallman77
gotta go with cap. just too impressive. also constantly goes toe to toe with super humans. much more experience in the mater than slade who is just used to walloping on brooding arrow or fodder.

Rao Kal El
I think Slade wins this, the only problem is that He gets dumb down to fight Arrow. At full "power" he should make short work of Arrow and get into a really good fight with Cap.

Lestov16
I haven't seen the entire Arrow series, but based on what I have seen of the mirakuru, Slade should be superior to Cap.

FrothByte
Originally posted by wallman77
gotta go with cap. just too impressive. also constantly goes toe to toe with super humans. much more experience in the mater than slade who is just used to walloping on brooding arrow or fodder.

Slade was a fighter/mercenary long before he had the mirakuru, so he's had multiple experience fighting foes on equal footing. Cap only ever fought 2 opponents who were in the same physical class as him, and both times he has struggled.

wallman77
Slade was a fighter/mercenary long before he had the mirakuru, so he's had multiple experience fighting foes on equal footing. Cap only ever fought 2 opponents who were in the same physical class as him, and both times he has struggled.

struggled...and won?

FrothByte
struggled...and won?

Yup. That's not the point I was trying to make though. I was just trying to point out that you can't say Cap has more experience because Slade has actually fought more opponents on equal footing than Cap has and has sometimes dominated them, whereas Cap has never dominated a foe with similar physical prowess as he does.

Time Immemorial

Go watch the series to form a intelligent opinion other then desperately asking for youtube clips you have failed to watch.

Lestov16
struggled...and won?

IDK if his final fight with WS would count as a "win".....

Firefly218
Originally posted by Lestov16
IDK if his final fight with WS would count as a "win".....

I wouldn't call it a fight. Cap defended himself long enough to save the world. Then he refused to fight WS. It was clear Cap had the upper hand and could have handidly dispatched WS.

Deathstroke has no feats against anyone superhuman. Cap does.

Firefly218
Yup. That's not the point I was trying to make though. I was just trying to point out that you can't say Cap has more experience because Slade has actually fought more opponents on equal footing than Cap has and has sometimes dominated them, whereas Cap has never dominated a foe with similar physical prowess as he does.

Mirakuru Slade has no feats against someone on his level of physical prowess.

Regular Slade only dominated the unskilled, stupid soldiers. Reg Slade got owned by Arrow, someone on his level of physical prowess.

Stanor
Slade

FrothByte

Regular Slade only dominated the unskilled, stupid soldiers. Reg Slade got owned by Arrow, someone on his level of physical prowess.

It's posts like these that make me question whether you've really watched Arrow or are simply going off youtube clips and hearsay.

When injected with the anti-mirakuru cure, the subject is left severely weakened and disoriented for quite some time. Roy took hours before he could recover after taking in the cure. The mirakuru soldiers were getting knocked out on the spot after getting hit by the cure.

Oliver fought Slade right after he was injected with the cure, so that was a severely weakened Slade that Oliver fought, definitely not a fight on "equal grounds". I'm surprised Slade was able to fight at all. And despite all that, Oliver didn't "own" Slade in their fight. It was still a pretty close fight.

Firefly218
The fact remains, Mirakuru Slade has no feats against someone on his physical level. Captain America does.

BruceSkywalker

The fact remains, Mirakuru Slade has no feats against someone on his physical level. Captain America does.

so true..

It's posts like these that make me question whether you've really watched Arrow or are simply going off youtube clips and hearsay.

I have watched Arrow since the very first episode and looking forward to season 3 starting next wednesday...

Cap wins

Stanor
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so true..

I have watched Arrow since the very first episode and looking forward to season 3 starting next wednesday...

Cap wins

Any idea on who the villain is suppose to be?

FrothByte

Cap has feats going up against superpowered individuals on his same level, but that's just 2 opponents. Slade may not have feats going up against superpowered opponents but he's had multiple experience fighting opponents at his same physical level. Kinda evens it out.

To be honest, this is getting too nitpicky. I doubt this fight will be won by arguing who has more experience, as both combatants have sufficient experience to be dangerous. And both of them seem to be able to adjust to the situation and opponent as it comes up.

I kinda feel like this "experience" category was brought up because people were dodging the fact that Slade has better durability feats than Cap.

FrothByte
so true..

Cap wins

I have no problem with people thinking Cap wins. It's the people who keep insisting that Cap is more durable/stronger or that Cap can stomp all over Slade that I have trouble with.

Lestov16

So what? Why does he need to fight someone on his own level to prove he can beat somebody on a lower level? Slade's strength/speed/durability feats outrank Cap, therefore he is better. /story

Lestov16
so true..

Cap wins

You seeing something hasn't stopped you from misjudging matches before. You are hardly objective.

Firefly218
Cap has feats going up against superpowered individuals on his same level, but that's just 2 opponents. Slade may not have feats going up against superpowered opponents but he's had multiple experience fighting opponents at his same physical level. Kinda evens it out.

To be honest, this is getting too nitpicky. I doubt this fight will be won by arguing who has more experience, as both combatants have sufficient experience to be dangerous. And both of them seem to be able to adjust to the situation and opponent as it comes up.

I kinda feel like this "experience" category was brought up because people were dodging the fact that Slade has better durability feats than Cap.

Who has Slade fought that's on his same level? There was that one guy wearing a similar mask on the island I think...

You still haven't answered the questions of speed, skill/technique, sanity/intelligence, agility etc... Those are critical factors to consider.

Cap doesn't stomp Slade, but he wins handidly. Cap's speed and skill >>>>> Slade's. IMO, Cap has equal if not better durability. Cap has roughly equal strength.

FrothByte
Who has Slade fought that's on his same level? There was that one guy wearing a similar mask on the island I think...

You still haven't answered the questions of speed, skill/technique, sanity/intelligence, agility etc... Those are critical factors to consider.

Cap doesn't stomp Slade, but he wins handidly. Cap's speed and skill >>>>> Slade's. IMO, Cap has equal if not better durability. Cap has roughly equal strength.

Normal human Slade has decimated other normal human soldiers... multiple times through the series. Mirakuru Slade also completely dominated mirakuru Roy. Normal human Steve Rogers never even fought and defeated any other normal human before. Superpowered Stever Rogers also never dominated another superpowered being.

As for the questions of skill, speed, technique... are you blind or something? I've answered them like 3 times already in this thread. But I'll write it down once more for you:

Skill/technique - I give a slight edge to Cap. Cap definitely has fancier technique, but that doesn't always equate to better. The reason I give him the edge is due to him taking down that quinjet. That was just awesome and showed some crazy agility and skill. That said, Slade was already great fighter even before his mirakuru upgrade. Cap might have better skill but it's by no means a large margin.

Speed - assuming we're talking about combat speed, I'd say it's equal. There's really nothing that Cap or Slade did that gives us a clear indication of how fast they are. Batroc was able to keep up with Cap for a short time, Oliver was able to keep up with Slade for an even shorter time... so I don't think they're that much faster than the elite fighting human.

As for Sanity/intelligence - Slade on the island was batshit crazy. Good thing it's not that Slade that's fighting here. Slade near the end of Arrow had his sanity under control. So this is a non-factor.

So Cap edges out Slade a bit in skill and by a bigger margin in agility. Speed is equal. Slade edges out Cap a bit in strength but by quite a bigger margin in durability. I'm putting the win in Slade's favor because his advantage in durability trumps Cap's advantage in agility as for what I can see.

BruceSkywalker
You seeing something hasn't stopped you from misjudging matches before. You are hardly objective.

that coming from someone like you. hahahahahahaha.. i will be objective when i want to be, got a problem with it, i don;t care..

I have no problem with people thinking Cap wins. It's the people who keep insisting that Cap is more durable/stronger or that Cap can stomp all over Slade that I have trouble with.

K

Lestov16
that coming from someone like you. hahahahahahaha.. i will be objective when i want to be, got a problem with it, i don;t care..

K.

BruceSkywalker
K.

KK

NemeBro
KK KKK

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj317/jasonh422/originalboys.jpg

BruceSkywalker
KKK

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj317/jasonh422/originalboys.jpg

lmao

carver9
Wait a minute, what movie has Slade showed up in?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Wait a minute, what movie has Slade showed up in?

http://gamerindebt.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/double-facepalm.jpg

Placidity
He was in Son of Batman.

Trackz
Wanted to point out that Slade has, in fact, been hit with energy weapons before. When he raided STAR Labs i think, the scientists hit him with some big energy gun. The effect was similar to Cap getting hit by the chitauri blast. It knocked him off his feet and is really the only thing that was shown to hurt Slade, but he got right back up on his feet afterwards.

In terms of speed, the soldiers were able to outrun modern cars. (only remember Cap outrunning the 1920s car).

In terms of strength, they shoved cars pretty easily.

FrothByte
Their bodies weren't registering the pain... how you can sit here and claim that bullets are greater than energy blast that blow up cars and knock Iron Man on his ass is absurdity.

Where in the show is it stated that mirakuru enables the person not to feel pain.

As for the energy blast, you do realize that bullets do indeed have a huge amount of force behind them right? But due to size, shape and material they instead penetrate.

Besides, you're still dodging the fact that Cap was seriously hurt by gunshots whereas the Mirakuru boys aren't.

And that Chitauri blast you're talking about? A grazing hit also seriously hurt Cap. Let's not pretend that he tanked it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.