Loki vs Juggernaunt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Loki

Vs

Juggernaut

Fight in Times Square

KingD19
Loki can't hurt Cain, but Cain can wear Loki down.

Time Immemorial
What if he has Gungir or the Casket?

KingD19
Heimdall broke free from the ice, stands to reason Cain could as well.

As for Gungnir, all I remember is it one shotted a bunch of Ice Giants. But Juggs is a whole lot more durable than them. It'd probably sit him down, but not stop him.

Genesis-Soldier
can loki lift the juggs and keep him from touching the ground (can't remember any feats for it). if so loki could smash him against things until he dies or drown him

i know comic juggernaut doesnt even need to blink or breath so what about X-Men 3 juggernaut ?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
can loki lift the juggs and keep him from touching the ground (can't remember any feats for it). if so loki could smash him against things until he dies or drown him

i know comic juggernaut doesnt even need to blink or breath so what about X-Men 3 juggernaut ?

Jugs doest seem to be affected like that and I doubt Loki could get his paws on him. Jugs strength is easily at Thor level.

KingD19
Loki also doesn't have any sort of telekinetic abilities I'm aware of. He had that little force pulse in Dark World, but I don't remember any legit TK feats. Certainly nothing powerful enough to lift a guy who stepped on an APC and crumpled it like cookie dough.

Even if he could, physical force is clearly not the way to go against Cain, and Loki wouldn't be strong enough anyway.

Time Immemorial
Well it's either a win for a jugs or stalemate

KingD19
Yeah. Loki could play keep away with his powers and illusions.

But I haven't seen anything from him in 3 movies to suggest he can take down Juggernaut in a straight up fight.

FrothByte
If Loki gets the casket then he has a chance at winning. Without it I don't see what he can do against Juggs.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
If Loki gets the casket then he has a chance at winning. Without it I don't see what he can do against Juggs.

True but King made a good point is Heimdall could do it, Jugg could easily. I think Gungir might do some damage though. That shit was wicked.

KingD19
Even if the casket does fully freeze him, I doubt it'll be long enough before he breaks out for it to count as a win.

And Gungnir if I recall is pretty uber. But the damage it does may only be temporary. I say may because we saw how either Cain is so durable even molecular fusing doesn't work(Kitty trying to phase him into the floor, which should have riddled him with concrete in his body), or he just heals so damn fast it's instant.

And his HF is powerful enough to expel foreign objects from his body. But it seems to be the former as he didn't even show any pain when she phased him. In the deleted scenes he did show that level of healing though, even beyond Wolverine.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
True but King made a good point is Heimdall could do it, Jugg could easily. I think Gungir might do some damage though. That shit was wicked.

Yes but you have to consider that Loki only exposed Heimdall to the casket for a short time. Once immobile, Loki left Heimdall alone. Now if Loki kept pointing that casket at Juggs over a prolonged period of time, I'm betting that it will freeze him enough to just shatter him.

juggerman
Probably not enough to shatter him but maybe enough to keep him immobile enough to count as a win

Newjak
Movie Juggernaut was not on the level of Thor, he was nowhere close to him.

His best feats were throwing Wolverine through the house and running through the walls.

I think a full weaponed Loki could do some damage to him.

KingD19
His best feat is stepping on a 20+ ton APC and crumpling it as a side effect.

Newjak
Originally posted by KingD19
His best feat is stepping on a 20+ ton APC and crumpling it as a side effect. If I remember correctly he only dented the top of it. BReaking out of the concrete was good as well. Still nothing even remotely approaching Thor or Hulk in terms of strength. I still think Loki would give him a run for his money if not out right beat him especially with his weapons.

FrothByte
Well if Loki's daggers are strong enough to stab through Thor without apparent difficulty, I'm thinking it should be strong enough to damage Juggernaut. Not sure how much but I'm pretty sure he's not getting away unscathed.

KingD19
Either he'll be completely unhurt. Or he'll heal in moments. Not sure how that will help Loki any.

FrothByte
Either he'll be completely unhurt. Or he'll heal in moments. Not sure how that will help Loki any.

Do we have proof of his supposedly super healing capabilities? And when you have weapons made to kill and hurt Asgardians, Dark Elves, Frost Giants etc... I think it's a bit of a stretch to simply claim Juggs will be unhurt without any proof. Considering that Asgardians have shown to be bullet proof and all.

juggerman
Do we have proof of his supposedly super healing capabilities?

Only in a deleted scene where James stabs him. Also it's worth noting he was fused into solid concrete and showed no signs of damage or even discomfort even after he broke out. So some assume his rapid healing was the cause of no visable damage

KingD19
I already pointed it out. But I'll do it again.

The proof is that he was molecularly fused with a large amount of concrete due to Shadowcat phasing him into the ground. The proof that things she phases are fused with whatever they're being phased through if she lets go of them is in X2 when a girl who is clearly Shadowcat phases through the floor in the mansion and her blanket is stuck in the ceiling because she didn't take it with her. Also that's just how her powers work.

After she phased him, he was completely unharmed when he broke out. So either he is A)So durable that he can completely ignore having his molecules fused with foreign substances that should for all intents and purposes be janked up in his body.

Or B)He just heals so fast that the moment he broke out, he healed. In the deleted scenes Wolverine stabbed him in the arm. There wasn't even any blood, and Cain didn't seem to register any pain. And as soon as the claws were out of his arm, there was no damage.

So it seems to be one or the other. Hell maybe it's both. Also as mentioned he doesn't even seem to register pain so he'd more than likely keep fighting even if the daggers did any damage.

juggerman
Beat you stick out tongue

KingD19
Dangit.

juggerman
The proof that things she phases are fused with whatever they're being phased through if she lets go of them is in X2 when a girl who is clearly Shadowcat phases through the floor in the mansion and her blanket is stuck in the ceiling because she didn't take it with her. Also that's just how her powers work.

Wait can you post a clip of this? I honestly don't remember anything going with her when she did it in X-2. In fact I think that was from the tv show "X-Men Evolution" when she phased thru her celing and he parents thought she was sleep walking until they saw her blanket and pillow in the celing

FrothByte
No, that's not proof of anything. We don't know the exact mechanics of how her phasing works. For all you know, when she phased Juggs through the floor and left him there the molecules of the concrete formed AROUND Juggs and didn't exactly form INSIDE him. Proof? Because if what you say is true that the concrete formed inside Juggs and that his healing pushed them out, then there should have been multiple cracks on the concrete from him pushing out those molecules.

A better explanation would be that the concrete simply formed around him. At best, your theory is about as good as mine: Just theories. Still no concrete proof of his super healing.

Newjak
The only definitive proof of any super healing is from deleted scenes where he is stabbed by Wolverine, of course in the same scene Storm knocks him out with lightning.

KingD19
It happened in Evolution you're right. I just looked at the scene and she phases through the bed, runs through a soldier and through the wall. I thought she took her blanket with her.

KingD19
That is exactly how her phasing works. Look at WWH when she phases him into concrete and when he breaks out he's got chunks of stone sticking out of his arms. Most people in the movies powers work nearly the same as the comics with exceptions like Magneto because having all of his powers would make him unbeatable in the movie verse.

Newjak
It happened in Evolution you're right. I just looked at the scene and she phases through the bed, runs through a soldier and through the wall. I thought she took her blanket with her. The problem is that doesn't prove her powers cause things to become molecularly fused with the substance.

The only time we've ever seen anything break out from her phasing something into something else is Juggernaut and it appeared the concrete simply was phased around him.

Newjak
That is exactly how her phasing works. Look at WWH when she phases him into concrete and when he breaks out he's got chunks of stone sticking out of his arms. Most people in the movies powers work nearly the same as the comics with exceptions like Magneto because having all of his powers would make him unbeatable in the movie verse. Cain didn't have any pieces in him and comic book material aren't the movies.

Silent Master
If they were really molecularly fused why wasn't his armor messed up, as it also would have been fused with the concrete.

juggerman
So does the deleted scene count or no?

Newjak
Originally posted by juggerman
So does the deleted scene count or no? I think it hurts Cain more than helps. He get knocked out from a lightning bolt from storm.

Loki should be able to reproduce that level of power.

juggerman
Originally posted by Newjak
I think it hurts Cain more than helps. He get knocked out from a lightning bolt from storm.

Loki should be able to reproduce that level of power.

I tend to agree that it hurts more. While it's the only definitive proof of his uber healing, Storm KOing him sucks balls.

I'm not convinced Loki could reporduce that on his own.

Time Immemorial
Well if Storm's lighting Ko'd him, then Gungir will put him down. Without weapons though, Loki might be toast.

Newjak
Well if Storm's lighting Ko'd him, then Gungir will put him down. Without weapons though, Loki might be toast. Yeah without weapons Loki really doesn't pack an offensive punch. He still has his defensive spells such as the illusions and he is still pretty durable but that can only take you so far.

juggerman
Well if Storm's lighting Ko'd him, then Gungir will put him down. Without weapons though, Loki might be toast.

Sounds about right

Time Immemorial
Juggs could reproduce that pounding on Loki that Hulk did. If he got in there and started pounding on him, don't know how long Loki could take that punishment before KO.

Newjak
Juggs could reproduce that pounding on Loki that Hulk did. If he got in there and started pounding on him, don't know how long Loki could take that punishment before KO. Well the Hulk from Avengers has much better feats then movie Juggs so I don't know if he will be able to put the hurting on Loki in quite the same manner.

I actually think of movie feats that Loki has enough strength to keep up with Cain in H2H. Notice I said keep up not beat. I don't think Loki is strong enough to physically put Cain down nor is he as strong as Cain but I definitely do not think Cain will do to Loki what Hulk did to Loki.

Time Immemorial
Feels like it would go down like Loki vs Cap.

Newjak
I think that sounds pretty accurate to me. With Loki playing the part of Cap and Cain playing the part of Loki.

Time Immemorial
Yup

Newjak
I do think if Loki is allowed his weapons it is a different ball game all together, especially one of the staffs.

FrothByte
I think Loki vs. Cap is a bit too big of a difference. I was thinking more like Spiderman vs. Lizard, or even Thor vs. Hulk. After all, it's not like Juggs had some massive strength feats that put him so far above the average asgardian in terms of strength.

Still think Loki loses without weapons, just that he'll put up a better fight against Cain than Cap did to him.

Newjak
I think Loki vs. Cap is a bit too big of a difference. I was thinking more like Spiderman vs. Lizard, or even Thor vs. Hulk. After all, it's not like Juggs had some massive strength feats that put him so far above the average asgardian in terms of strength.

Still think Loki loses without weapons, just that he'll put up a better fight against Cain than Cap did to him. That's fair and I could see that as well.

The point I'm trying to make is Loki can definitely hang with Cain in HtH but probably won't win that fight.

Estacado
Loki gets punched in the face.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Estacado
Loki gets punched in the face.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

carver9
Just replying to comment on the first page but I can't see Thor running through walls effortlessly like Juggernaut did. That's all I wanted to say. Please continue.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Please continue.

Nah were done laughing

jinXed by JaNx
Can't loki just tap Juggernaut with mind control stick?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.