Exar Kun: The Utimate Respect Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab300/knightbusxvolvo/8be0be1b-0cdd-4cde-a7e1-8bc0ed7354e8_zps8a812988.jpg

Exar Kun was one of the most powerful Dark Lords of the Sith that ever lived:

- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook

Exar Kun was one of the greatest lightsaber duelists in the history of both the Jedi and the Sith orders. He constructed and used the first recorded saberstaff, and displayed high proficiency with Djem So. A working mastery of Jar'kai was among his repertoire as were the acrobatics of Ataru. However his mastered chosen form was Niman.

Even before his prime Kun stalemated Ulic Qel-Droma, the greatest lightsaber prodigy in the Jedi Order and defeated his own tutor, the venerable lightsaber instructor Master Vodo-Siosk Baas twice:

Exar Kun engages Ulic a master Djem So practitioner in a power duel, stalemating him:

Exar Kun engages his former master for the second time, but he is too powerful for Baas to stand a chance:

Exar Kun had an unparalleled connection to the Force and a terrifying command over the Dark Side:

Force Blast:

Force Flight:

Tutaminis:

Force Scream:

On Korriban, Exar Kun accepts the Dark Side of the Force and his body is healed by Freedon Nadd, Kun lets out a scream that is sensed by every Jedi as far as the Mid-Rim:

Force Lightning:

The Dark Side Sourcebook states that Exar Kun was a master of Force Lightning, this is reinforced later when through Kyp he unleashes a black variant of Force Lightning that appeared like 'cracks in the force'.

Force Rage:

Exar Kun journeys to Korriban, the Valley of the Dark Lords, where he is set upon by nearly 30 Tukata:

Force Push:

Exar Kun was one of the greatest masters of Sith Sorcery and Alchemy ever, with a complete knowledge of the Sith arts:

Exar Kun drains thousands of Massassi with his own power and then uses it to power the Sith apparatus, which will unleash his spirit:

AncientPower
http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab300/knightbusxvolvo/d347ab32-453f-4f51-b5e0-6c7ffd5ea5c9_zpsf3178852.jpg

As a Sith Spirit Exar Kun lacked his own reserve of Force Energy and relied on drawing and draining the emotions and Force reserves of others to fuel his power:

Despite relying on the Force energies of Kyp and others, his displays are extreme:

AncientPower
Please note: this is still a WIP and I will be updating regularly, thank you.

carthage
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook

Very interesting.

DarthAnt66
You are not allowed to steal my "The Ultimate" thing. Reported.

Tzeentch
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149570/3515898-star_wars___exar_kun_by_graysun_d-d47zm1z.jpg

Hail the King, yo.

Trocity
I approve of this.

Kun.

NewGuy01
Is there any evidence to support that Exar was redirecting Aleema's magic rather than simply blasting her with his amulet?

Very nice thread by the way!

AncientPower
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You are not allowed to steal my "The Ultimate" thing. Reported.

I'm afraid you are waaaay behind on the 'the ultimate respect thread' usage, Niarcmorn among others took that years ago.

Originally posted by carthage
- Very interesting.

I too found that very interesting, if nothing else it confirms he has a deeper knowledge than Vader ever did.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Is there any evidence to support that Exar was redirecting Aleema's magic rather than simply blasting her with his amulet?

Very nice thread by the way!

The Force Blast as it is seen in it's only confirmed appearance is quite different from what Kun uses against Keto. His dialogue is also quite telling:

"Nadd only taught you the beginnings of power woman! But I have learned everything!"

It almost sounds like he is hitting her with the same power but far more effective, an insult basically. In-fact it looks almost exactly the same as her's if not for the red coloration.

Thank you very much, though I have missed a few a things and typing at that time in the morning was a bad idea.

If anyone has any recommendations feel free to put them forward.

This is still just the W.I.P thread, I will be posting a finalized version as time wears on.

ares834
Man, reading this thread reminds me how much more awesome the EU used to be.

NewGuy01
I can think of quite a few things you could add--For his strength/rage feats, remember that in his early appearances when he dueled Sylvar the clash of their blades created a shockwave that was audible for kilometers.

Also, you should include the part where he creates an illusion of Corran's wife and child, and also his appearing to Luke as Anakin. Pretty good illusion feats.

I've always been intrigued by his tendril power, too. It's very different than Zannah's--technology like holocron sand lightsabers seem to be damaged by it, but other than great pain it seems to have little effect on the target physically.

carthage
He also had enough power to smash Vodo's stick and smash him into the ground in one swoop, he also picked up the chancellor with one hand as well.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
I'm afraid you are waaaay behind on the 'the ultimate respect thread' usage, Niarcmorn among others took that years ago.
No shit. It was a joke. no expression

AncientPower
I can think of quite a few things you could add--For his strength/rage feats, remember that in his early appearances when he dueled Sylvar the clash of their blades created a shockwave that was audible for kilometers.

Also, you should include the part where he creates an illusion of Corran's wife and child, and also his appearing to Luke as Anakin. Pretty good illusion feats.

I've always been intrigued by his tendril power, too. It's very different than Zannah's--technology like holocron sand lightsabers seem to be damaged by it, but other than great pain it seems to have little effect on the target physically.

Indeed, quite right I cut some of that out, however unfortunately 10,000 characters is the max so i'm beginning to think that three posts will be required in the final edition.

Thanks for the input.

He also had enough power to smash Vodo's stick and smash him into the ground in one swoop, he also picked up the chancellor with one hand as well.

Vodo's stick was also stated to be stronger than Kun's lightsaber blade as well, so yes quite right.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
No shit. It was a joke. no expression

I'm afraid sometimes it's hard to tell when you are or aren't serious.

Emperordmb
Well I mean obviously Ant's not going to report you for what you named your thread.

NewGuy01
You never know with him. evil face

carthage
Ancient do you have that accolade for Ulic calling him one of the greatest Sith lords in the galaxy, or the accolade calling Vodo the best of his era or one of the greatest ever produced by the Jedi order?

AncientPower
Not at the moment.

I haven't had access to a PC in some time.

NewGuy01
Ancient do you have that accolade for Ulic calling him one of the greatest Sith lords in the galaxy, or the accolade calling Vodo the best of his era or one of the greatest ever produced by the Jedi order?

None of those exist, as far as I know.

carthage
Ant posted the one for Ulic at one point, I haven't seen the one for Vodo though.

AncientPower
I found these musings of Plagueis interesting:

If one accepted the tales handed down in accounts and holocrons,
the ancient Sith had known how to accomplish this. But had Sith like Naga Sadow and Exar Kun genuinely been more powerful, or had they benefited from the fact that the dark side had been more prominent in those bygone eras? Some commentators claimed that the ability to survive death had been limited to those with a talent for sorcery and alchemy, and that the use of such practices actually predated the arrival of the Dark Jedi exiles on Korriban. But sorcery had been employed less to extend life than to create illusions, fashion beasts, and resurrect the dead. Powerful adepts were said to have been able to saturate the atmosphere of planets with dark side energy, compel stars to explode, or induce paralysis in crowds, as Exar Kun apparently did to select members of the Republic Senate._

The Merchant
When do you think you'll ever be done?

ILS
Originally posted by The Merchant
When do you think you'll ever be done? I'm thinking of doing my own Exar Kun thread, just for the sake of my OCD to compile material. I probably have enough gathered atm to make a good go of it and then add more as I go.

Should I do it?

carthage
Do it thumb up

The Merchant
Yesh!

ILS
I'll pull an all-nighter and do it now.

NewGuy01
What about the new comic rule thing?

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Otla5157c

ILS
What about the new comic rule thing? You can only post three full pages, from a single comic, per thread. So, three pages from Spider-Man #1, but no more in that thread. However, you can post as many individual panels from that comic book as you want, within reason.

Anyway, I've made a start on the Kun thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/i_like_swords/blog/exar-kun-respect-thread-updated-2014ex/101338/

carthage
Ancient, did you make that quote up about Kun appearing as a blur to Ulic and Nomi? In a search another user and I weren't able to find it in the handbook. Do you have a scan of it? It would suck for a speed feat like that to be a misconception, granted the scan of that fight supports that quote but I'd like to see a scan of it.

NewGuy01
I remember that. It exists, but it's not as impressive as it's made to sound.

It said something like "Nomi and Cay watched in horror as a blurred blue light cuts down their master Vodo" or whatever.

carthage
It would still be impressive because Ulic has decent speed feats of his own, imo. But I need to know if he has the actual quote.

Revanchiste

The Merchant

AncientPower
Finally been looking for that for months.

AncientPower
ILS no credit to me? sad

carthage
I remember that. It exists, but it's not as impressive as it's made to sound.

It said something like "Nomi and Cay watched in horror as a blurred blue light cuts down their master Vodo" or whatever.

I will love you forever if you find that quote so it can be added to I Like Sausage's respect thread

ILS
Originally posted by AncientPower
ILS no credit to me? sad I only used accolades that Ant posted, broski. Everything else was me.

ILS
I will love you forever if you find that quote so it can be added to I Like Sausage's respect thread I really want it to exist as well.

Nephthys

The Merchant
Wellll Vader was redeemed so he doesn't count! smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.