Nate Grey, Omega Cable vs Superman, Martian Manhunter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CadenceV2
The omega level brothers vs the supermen duo. Both mutants start the fight with shields up, already knowing they end terse a battle. This is Omega. Cable and Shaman Nate. Pre 52 versions of DC team.

Sin I AM
Don't they cause negative feedback between each other?

"Id"
At first. Later on no.

CadenceV2
For the purpose of this match they are already over the feedback since they are already together.

Digi
I'd give a slight edge to DC, assuming J'onn could keep Superman's mind shielded. It wouldn't be easy, though, and I also don't think this is a 10/10 either way because of how many different ways the fight could play out.

Sin I AM
Hmm xman is more impressive than cable yes?

Digi
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Hmm xman is more impressive than cable yes?

At times. He was quite variable, iirc.

Existere
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Hmm xman is more impressive than cable yes? Shaman Nate is somewhere among the top tier High Heralds, Cable (at his best) among the top tier Mid Heralds, based on showings. Pretty similar 'potential' power for both characters though.

Mr.SunKing
Superman's useless when it comes down to Shaman Nate, existing as pure thought while still having access to your abilities is something Clark has no answer to. Nate's also a mutliversal telepath.

CadenceV2

Mr.SunKing

Glorificus
Nate Grey could solo. The guy doesn't even need a physical body. He can just mind rape them at his leisure.

"Id"
The mutie twins are too much for the dynamic Alien duo. Its far to easy to stack their abilities.

Digi
Yeah, Nate's upper potential is clearly the highest. What exactly did he do to put him over the top on this fight, though? I'm not doubting it, necessarily, I just don't recall any specific feat that is an insta-win.

Originally posted by Glorificus
Nate Grey could solo. The guy doesn't even need a physical body. He can just mind rape them at his leisure.

Can he, though? We're talking about one of the best telepaths in comics in J'onn. He doesn't need to be as powerful as Nate; just defend against him.

krisblaze
Originally posted by "Id"
The mutie twins are too much for the dynamic Alien duo. Its far to easy to stack their abilities.

I agree with this at least, even though I might feel that they don't win.

That being said Superman didn't have any problems getting through Manchester Black's shields at the end of 'ending battle'. He doesn't have all the feats to match Nate, but the raw power of his TK shields should at least be around their tier.

I also don't see what prevents MM from simply getting through them.

Mr.SunKing
Originally posted by Digi
Yeah, Nate's upper potential is clearly the highest. What exactly did he do to put him over the top on this fight, though? I'm not doubting it, necessarily, I just don't recall any specific feat that is an insta-win.

Can he, though? We're talking about one of the best telepaths in comics in J'onn. He doesn't need to be as powerful as Nate; just defend against him.
Throw in Nate's other abilities such as time manipulation, and even minor reality warping then the situation becomes a bit more difficult/tricky.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mr.SunKing
Throw in Nate's other abilities such as time manipulation, and even minor reality warping then the situation becomes a bit more difficult/tricky.
Superman has counter for time manipulation/reality manipulation though. And even Shaman Nate was capable of being KOED with punches.

Decimus
If Superman chose to accelerate in under a second to beyond c he would first ,in achieving c, already destroy all of team one with gluonic plasma traveling at well to be honest ludicrous speed with no need for MM who would also likely be vaporized. Even forgetting this first model I have presented and "time manipulation" factored in with Nate (bs planck scale non sense pseudo science) who has with high meta reflexes at best Clark would in fact manipulate "time" in this battle before even Nate can sense or perceive whats happening. Never once in all Nates time and dimension hopping has it ever been displayed he perceived or moved through reality in the same way as Superman or Flash. Thanos was a nice flag that was planted to show Nate and Hulk in direct relation for people to draw their own conclusions.

maxivitopowe
I snorted

CadenceV2
I love how real life science was ignored for Superman, but forced on the mutants lol.

carver9
Are you using current characters for this battle? DCNU?

CadenceV2
No, pre 52 on DC while Omega Canble and Shaman Nate.

carver9
Ok. That makes things interesting.

Mr.SunKing
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman has counter for time manipulation/reality manipulation though. And even Shaman Nate was capable of being KOED with punches.
No, the dark Avengers tried to attack him physically, and all of their physical attacks phased right through Nate he even commented that the should somebody to use those "abilities on, sine they were useless against him. Physically attacks literally meant nothing to him.

Mr.SunKing
Originally posted by Decimus
If Superman chose to accelerate in under a second to beyond c he would first ,in achieving c, already destroy all of team one with gluonic plasma traveling at well to be honest ludicrous speed with no need for MM who would also likely be vaporized. Even forgetting this first model I have presented and "time manipulation" factored in with Nate (bs planck scale non sense pseudo science) who has with high meta reflexes at best Clark would in fact manipulate "time" in this battle before even Nate can sense or perceive whats happening. Never once in all Nates time and dimension hopping has it ever been displayed he perceived or moved through reality in the same way as Superman or Flash. Thanos was a nice flag that was planted to show Nate and Hulk in direct relation for people to draw their own conclusions.
How can he destroy something he can't touch?
Superman literally has no way to counter Nate, while Nate virtually has the a plethora of ways to harm clark

krisblaze
How can he destroy something he can't touch?
Superman literally has no way to counter Nate, while Nate virtually has the a plethora of ways to harm clark

Superman and Manhunter can harm intangible beings.

There are more people in the herald category who have measures against intangibility than people who don't.

That doesn't determine the fight in any way, but you're wasting your time trying to build it up as some catch-all defense.

Mr.SunKing
Originally posted by krisblaze
Superman and Manhunter can harm intangible beings.

There are more people in the herald category who have measures against intangibility than people who don't.

That doesn't determine the fight in any way, but you're wasting your time trying to build it up as some catch-all defense.
not necessarily
Reason I say this is because as being of pure psionic energy. he displayed that physical attacks mean nothing to him. In fact to trick the avengers he purposely destroyed his own body to trick them, later possessing Norman Osborn, it's essentially like an astral body that can interact with the physical plane (Nate was the first psionic ever to achieve this in the MU). It's not as simply as just being intangible like kitty pride, but literally there is no matter or atoms in his body. Most intagibles I would same include some sort of shifting atoms, nate does not. And if you can show me scans of Supes, and Manhunter harming intangible beings of this type that will be very much appreciated. Also he's caable of draining the energy of other beings, (and add it to his own) leaving them as non-functioning vegetables, like empty-husk. It's more or less like a speed-steal for brain activity
(except Ares because as war he's personified on very lane of existence (some divinity hax)
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/6253/299955-darkxmen003012_super.jpg

krisblaze
Beings of that type, is just an arbitrary line in the sand.

Using that line of reasoning anybody can claim that unless Character A has fought someone to the exact specifications of Character B, then they can't harm them.

There's no reason why Superman can't just sing the pair of them to death then, if you want to go down that route...

Mr.SunKing
Beings of that type, is just an arbitrary line in the sand.

Using that line of reasoning anybody can claim that unless Character A has fought someone to the exact specifications of Character B, then they can't harm them.

There's no reason why Superman can't just sing the pair of them to death then, if you want to go down that route...
Nate specifically showed that physical attacks have no effect on him, last time I checked a majority of Supes abilities leaves him constrained to physical attacks. and regarding that those "specifications" are huge factor, I don't see why it should be neglected. It's not like Nate went momentarily intangible. It's a state that his body was naturally in due to his psionic evolution.

abhilegend
No, the dark Avengers tried to attack him physically, and all of their physical attacks phased right through Nate he even commented that the should somebody to use those "abilities on, sine they were useless against him. Physically attacks literally meant nothing to him.
Well Dark Avengers aren't Superman.Originally posted by Mr.SunKing
not necessarily
Reason I say this is because as being of pure psionic energy. he displayed that physical attacks mean nothing to him. In fact to trick the avengers he purposely destroyed his own body to trick them, later possessing Norman Osborn, it's essentially like an astral body that can interact with the physical plane (Nate was the first psionic ever to achieve this in the MU). It's not as simply as just being intangible like kitty pride, but literally there is no matter or atoms in his body. Most intagibles I would same include some sort of shifting atoms, nate does not. And if you can show me scans of Supes, and Manhunter harming intangible beings of this type that will be very much appreciated. Also he's caable of draining the energy of other beings, (and add it to his own) leaving them as non-functioning vegetables, like empty-husk. It's more or less like a speed-steal for brain activity
(except Ares because as war he's personified on very lane of existence (some divinity hax)
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/6253/299955-darkxmen003012_super.jpg
And Norman Osborn's mind was too powerful for him to control, isn't it?Originally posted by Mr.SunKing
Nate specifically showed that physical attacks have no effect on him, last time I checked a majority of Supes abilities leaves him constrained to physical attacks. and regarding that those "specifications" are huge factor, I don't see why it should be neglected. It's not like Nate went momentarily intangible. It's a state that his body was naturally in due to his psionic evolution.
Superman has plenty of experience fighting psychic beings though. And that Nate was weaksauce to the point he couldn't even beat Ares.

DarkSaint85
Didn't Manhunter and Supes team up effectively against Mageddon?

Mr.SunKing
Originally posted by abhilegend
Well Dark Avengers aren't Superman.
And Norman Osborn's mind was too powerful for him to control, isn't it?
Superman has plenty of experience fighting psychic beings though. And that Nate was weaksauce to the point he couldn't even beat Ares.

For one they had to drain Nate, both mimic and Omega teamed up so they cold even have a chance to take him down. That's why he lost to Osborne ( still PIS), secondly how was he weaksauce towards Ares? He played them to get into take possession of Osborn'es body. Furthermore Ares was only able to touch Nate due to is rather ambiguous, yet divine status, as being "war personified".

Still haven't give me any reason to suggest Supes could do anything to Shaman Nate

krisblaze
For one they had to drain Nate, both mimic and Omega teamed up so they cold even have a chance to take him down. That's why he lost to Osborne ( still PIS), secondly how was he weaksauce towards Ares? He played them to get into take possession of Osborn'es body. Furthermore Ares was only able to touch Nate due to is rather ambiguous, yet divine status, as being "war personified".

Still haven't give me any reason to suggest Supes could do anything to Shaman Nate

We haven't given you a reason?

We just mentioned Superman hitting intangible beings, psionic beings and his ability to hurt metaphysical creatures.

And his phucking string-theory attack (which Morrison's building on in multiversity) could hit anything!

You also can't whine about PIS in the same story that's given him the untouchable feat...

Mr.SunKing
We haven't given you a reason?

We just mentioned Superman hitting intangible beings, psionic beings and his ability to hurt metaphysical creatures.

And his phucking string-theory attack (which Morrison's building on in multiversity) could hit anything!

You also can't whine about PIS in the same story that's given him the untouchable feat...
No ones whining bruh, ease up
And I simply asked for a scan of Supes affecting beings VERY similar to late, are you gonna post them or nah? And being intangible does not necessarily translate to being composed of pure energy. Exhibit A Kitty Pryde, The flash ect.

Plus it's already been shown that Nate can reform from pure consciousness, he destroyed his own body to con the D.A

krisblaze
And I simply asked for a scan of Supes affecting beings VERY similar to late, are you gonna post them or nah? And being intangible does not necessarily translate to being composed of pure energy. Exhibit A Kitty Pryde, The flash ect.

Plus it's already been shown that Nate can reform from pure consciousness, he destroyed his own body to con the D.A

I thought Abhi already posted them?

Anyways, we already have Superman affecting energy beings and considering that it's string theory, it can go as low as the 1st dimension. Doesn't matter what kind of energy Nate is, he'll be hit.

Body being destroyed counts as a win.

abhilegend

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i436/KMCPhilosophia/multiversevibrations.jpg

That's how he can beat pure psionic beings.

Mr.SunKing
Ah yes, when he "sang" Darkseid out of existence, that's a pretty uber showing no doubt. But there's still the other areas to cover, such as Nate's energy absorption, he's created miniature stars. Considering that Nate is an immensely more powerful telepath than Manchester black, he' has a plethora of other tricks. Jonn is no slouch either. But I still give summer bros a slight edge, Nate has simulated super strength, as well as enhanced others (such as when he fought hulk and Thanos as pre-shaman). Also I believe out of all the telepaths in the battle, he's the most skilled/powerful (multiversal scale).

krisblaze
No point in playing the Hype-game with Abhi, he's more deluded than you.

Everybody here's read X-Man's 200 appearances smile

Mr.SunKing
i'm not deluded, just a SKRONG advocate

Mr.SunKing
and yes I said "SKRONG"

abhilegend
Ah yes, when he "sang" Darkseid out of existence, that's a pretty uber showing no doubt. But there's still the other areas to cover, such as Nate's energy absorption, he's created miniature stars. Considering that Nate is an immensely more powerful telepath than Manchester black, he' has a plethora of other tricks. Jonn is no slouch either. But I still give summer bros a slight edge, Nate has simulated super strength, as well as enhanced others (such as when he fought hulk and Thanos as pre-shaman). Also I believe out of all the telepaths in the battle, he's the most skilled/powerful (multiversal scale).
Seriously?

No point in playing the Hype-game with Abhi, he's more deluded than you.

Everybody here's read X-Man's 200 appearances smile
Yeah, says a thorbag. Y'all are by definition deluded.

stick out tongue

krisblaze
Thorbag's a definition that rose in my absence.

Before then, fans of Thor were just men smile

abhilegend
Silly old man, you're getting senile in old age. There are no "men" among thorbags.

uhuh

"Id"
X-Man sings Superman out of exisistance with a thought.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.