Darth Wyyrlok III vs Darth Thanaton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
who wins who dies?

Nephthys
inb4shitstorm

FreshestSlice
I'll get this rolling from where we left off last time:

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
It is rare for a Sith to be labeled as "supremely powerful" at official capacity and Thanaton is among such elites. Darth Nox managed to defeat Thanaton in a long struggle and absolutely unnatural growth in power and I really doubt that Darth Wyyrlok III matches Nox's credentials by any stretch of imagination.

In addition, Thanaton isn't just a hack & slash type of Sith either, he is a formidable sorcerer and he have command of many lethal techniques.

Based on official hype factor, Thanaton is the superior individual in this contest and should win.
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
http://www.troll.me/images2/facepalm-guys/double-facepalm-when-one-facepalm-is-just-not-enough.jpg

I take it that intellectual debate is not your strong point?

Thanaton managed to duel Exal Kressh effectively, the latter was a formidable duelist and slaughtered many Sith in Korriban.

What do you think Champion of Battle section implies? Three names specifically mentioned; Darth Malgus; Darth Decimus; and Darth Thanaton.

Ok, makes no difference still.

This is strange analogy, Hord's master is not yet revealed.

Kressh's lightning was potent enough to shatter concrete, destroy structures made of metal and concrete and even disarm opponents by overcoming lightsaber based defenses and destroying the lightsaber itself in the process. Heck, Kressh could summon storms of lightning on such a scale that she could fill large areas with it.

Really?

If Thanaton can one-shot powerful individual(s) with casual bursts, he can disintegrate lesser beings. Common sense.

Seriously? Visions are always correct. Though they reveal events that may or may not occur depending upon the circumstances.

Q99
I think the last time it came up we came to the conclusion that Wyyrlok had the edge, but it's a good matchup.

Nephthys
Nah, Thanaton won last time. In large part because of Ant being a silly bugger and making dumb arguments.

carthage
Wyyrlok wins based on feats, but it'd likely be a good fight.

Q99
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nah, Thanaton won last time. In large part because of Ant being a silly bugger and making dumb arguments.

I'm fairly sure, at the end of the day, more ended up on Wyyrlok's side.

Lesse, the arguments were... Thanaton has stronger lightning, Wyyrlok has good lightning defense, so that's probably not a win. They do both have sorcery, but Wyyrlok's memory walk is likely an edge (and, of course, we've seen Wyyrlok come ahead in direct sorcery duels), and Wyyrlok is the better duelist, but it'd likely be resolved by sorcery since that's more the area of both duelists.

It was agreed to be a good fight in any case.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Q99
I'm fairly sure, at the end of the day, more ended up on Wyyrlok's side.

The people actually debating though were Legend, Ant and Intrepid. Ant and Intrepid were so bad they made me actively change my position as a Wyyrlok supporter to a Thanaton supporter. While Legend surprisingly did establish Thanaton as incredibly powerful, even if he took it WAY too far.

Q99
Even so, while Thanaton is quite powerful, I do think Wyyrlok has the edge for the reasons I stated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.