Best Ads on KMC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Do you click on the ads here, I do, just to help the forum. I found a good add a while back for Coin. The new multi credit card.

Anyone else find and use a good one, are they the same for everyone or is it based off location and internet grabbing data.

Digi
One, you don't run an ad-blocking plug-in on your browser?!

Two, this site's admin (and presumed owner?) is so entirely absent - and the forum has suffered because of it - that I'm not sure he deserves the revenue. Wrap your mind around the fact that a moderator is saying that last sentence before you attempt to refute it.

Three, I'm glad you found something decent, I guess.

Time Immemorial
One: I do when I'm on my computer.

Two: At least he kept it open so we could still enjoy it. He pays the bills and lets us do what we want, whats the problem with that?

Bashar Teg
wait...why are you brown-nosing an admin who's been m.i.a. for like EVER?

BackFire
Enjoy your malware.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
Enjoy your malware.

I lol'd

Time Immemorial
If you get that on an iPhone?

Bashar Teg
this thread was a wonderful diversion. thanks TE. nothing like good old fashioned slapstick dimwittery to lighten the mood around here.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
wait...why are you brown-nosing an admin who's been m.i.a. for like EVER?

Yea without KMC you would be left out in cold troll ville with no one to talk to.

Time Immemorial
this thread was a wonderful diversion. thanks TE. nothing like good old fashioned slapstick dimwittery to lighten the mood around here.

Another one of paranoid conspiracies, how much weed did you smoke today?

Digi
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Two: At least he kept it open so we could still enjoy it. He pays the bills and lets us do what we want, whats the problem with that?

There are other sites. We'd live. New traffic trickles in as others leave, but the main body of members stays here from simple inertia. It's what we know. But if Raz gave a sh*t about keeping this site up-to-date, and doing anything more than cashing his ad paycheck from your pity-clicks (there are no bills to pay on a site like this, btw, at least none that aren't erased by periodic ad revenue), he'd be around more. The main site is a ghost town of embarrassingly dated movie updates, and the dead sub-forums alone tell the tale of our state, even on the comparatively active forums.

I've never had a problem with him personally, and he might actually have a decent explanation if he were to respond to this. But that's kinda the point. He's never around to even address it, much less justify it.

Originally posted by BackFire
Enjoy your malware.

Lol, indeed.

Time Immemorial
Lol I dunno what to tell us, other then email raz.

Digi
Lol I dunno what to tell us, other then email raz.

We have. Years ago, and frequently. He doesn't respond. This is all the point.

Look, it's fine that you click ads. I don't want to make a huge deal. But I think your reasoning, however altruistic, is misplaced.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Digi
We have. Years ago, and frequently. He doesn't respond. This is all the point.

If you don't like it don't come to the site?

Digi
If you don't like it don't come to the site?

When did I say I don't like KMC? It's fine. It has an absentee admin whose absence has crippled its potential for growth and fun. Separate ideas.

Time Immemorial
When did I say I don't like KMC? It's fine. It has an absentee admin that has crippled its potential for growth and fun. Separate ideas.

Then we disagree on the ads, big deal. Moving on.

Digi
Then we disagree on the ads, big deal. Moving on.

As I said:
Look, it's fine that you click ads. I don't want to make a huge deal. But I think your reasoning, however altruistic, is misplaced.

Anyway, you're not likely to get much response. I wasn't joking with my shock in my first post. I bet everyone else that visits this thread is always running an ad blocker and/or doesn't want malware. I'm glad you found something good, though.

Time Immemorial
I dunno how i get malware on my iPhone, but I'll keep you posted if Ido.

Digi
I dunno how i get malware on my iPhone, but I'll keep you posted if Ido.

lol, fair enough. Even still, I wouldn't put odds on anyone else having experiences clicking the ads. Before I ran an ad blocker, I do actually remember KMC trying to give me a virus once just from the random popups that used to occur every time I logged in (and still might? I don't know, it's been so long since I've tested). That was probably nearly a decade ago, though.

Bashar Teg
lol @ filling your pc with malware to impress an admin who isn't here anymore.

achievement unlocked: ultimate tryhard

Time Immemorial
lol, fair enough. Even still, I wouldn't put odds on anyone else having experiences clicking the ads. Before I ran an ad blocker, I do actually remember KMC trying to give me a virus once just from the random popups that used to occur every time I logged in (and still might? I don't know, it's been so long since I've tested). That was probably nearly a decade ago, though.

I wonder how much cash he pulls off this site tbh.

Digi

Relax with the trolling. He did nothing here to attack you and everything you've said against him in this thread has been unsolicited.

Time Immemorial

When did an iPhone become a PC?

Digi
I wonder how much cash he pulls off this site tbh.

Decent question. Traffic is still decent, despite everything. He might pull in a few grand a year, based on what little I know about ad revenue. Or nothing, depending on how Draconic his ad setup and contracts are. It's hard to say. Everything I know, which isn't much, is based on newer systems like Google ads, which clearly aren't running on KMC.

A lot of people have sites like this though. It's just that most are less popular. But once it hits so much traffic it's self-sustaining, and they don't have to do anything. I have a buddy who used to run a popular blog. It still pulls a few hundred a year in ad revenue, though he officially "ended" it a couple years ago.

Time Immemorial
Decent question. Traffic is still decent, despite everything. He might pull in a few grand a year, based on what little I know about ad revenue. Or nothing, depending on how Draconic his ad setup and contracts are.

A lot of people have sites like this though. It's just that most are less popular. But once it hits so much traffic it's self-sustaining, and they don't have to do anything. I have a buddy who used to run a popular blog. It still pulls a few hundred a year in ad revenue, though he officially "ended" it a couple years ago.

It's actually pretty smart, the ads that I see on the iPhone are off GPS , how does it work, seems to know where you are and what you might be interested in.

Badabing
When did I say I don't like KMC? It's fine. It has an absentee admin whose absence has crippled its potential for growth and fun. Separate ideas. I just checked and Raz logged on August 15th, 2014. messed

Digi
It's actually pretty smart, the ads that I see on the iPhone are off GPS , how does it work, seems to know where you are and what you might be interested in.

Tracking software, usually via cookies. Most sites trace your clicks and the data is stored on your computer (or through their internal servers). So, like, if I go shopping on Amazon and don't clear my history/cookies/etc., the next time I log on Facebook, the ads would be very similar to whatever I looked at on Amazon. Or if you have an account with Google and are doing searches while logged in, you're more likely to see that stuff in ads on sites that are partnered with Google (which, at this point, is about 1/3 of the internet). Or, for an example, every time I log in on Yahoo, I get flooded with fantasy football stories, because 90% of what I use Yahoo for is to update my fantasy team(s).

If I didn't have an ad blocker, it would be worse. But that's how it works.

It's great marketing, if a bit subversive. I erase my internet data routinely and run a few plugins that handle it, but most don't, so it can seem intrusive at times.

Digi
Originally posted by Badabing
I just checked and Raz logged on August 15th, 2014. messed

Lol. My ban is imminent.

Time Immemorial
Tracking software, usually via cookies. Most sites trace your clicks and the data is stored on your computer (or through their internal servers). So, like, if I go shopping on Amazon and don't clear my history/cookies/etc., the next time I log on Facebook, the ads would be very similar to whatever I looked at on Amazon. Or if you have an account with Google and are doing searches while logged in, you're more likely to see that stuff in ads on sites that are partnered with Google (which, at this point, is about 1/3 of the internet).

Or rather, they would show up if I didn't have an ad blocker. But that's how it works.

It's great marketing, if a bit subversive. I erase my internet data routinely and run a few plugins that handle it, but most don't, so it can seem intrusive at times.

Have you heard of the software called disconnect?

Digi
Have you heard of the software called disconnect?

Not specifically, no, but there are many products that do similar things to what I imagine it does (or claims to do). The list of privacy plugins for any browser number in the 100s these days, and that's only one means of protecting your online privacy.

Time Immemorial
Not specifically, no, but there are many products that do similar things to what I imagine it does (or claims to do). The list of privacy plugins for any browser number in the 100s these days, and that's only one means of protecting your online privacy.

Dude, there is so much phishing out there as I'm sure you know, its unreal how easy anyone can gain access and see exactly what you are doing.

Newjak
I just checked and Raz logged on August 15th, 2014. messed Interesting this place still needs another admin.

Badabing
Originally posted by Newjak
Interesting this place still needs another admin. Yes, and it should be a raptor. biscuits

AsbestosFlaygon
Sad to see one of the best forum sites I know has one of the worst admins.

Sorry OP.
Haven't seen an ad since forever.

Time Immemorial
Yes, and it should be a raptor. biscuits

laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.