Juggernaut vs Mjolnir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
Juggernaut is attempting to remove Mjolnir from its resting place in the first Thor film. An unbreakable rope is tied to Juggs and Mjolnir. Juggs begins to run...can he uproot Mjolnir and move it or will Mjolnir jerk Juggs to a dead stop?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Juggernaut is attempting to remove Mjolnir from its resting place in the first Thor film. An unbreakable rope is tied to Juggs and Mjolnir. Juggs begins to run...can he uproot Mjolnir and move it or will Mjolnir jerk Juggs to a dead stop?

Good thread.

This is the classic riddle of what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object.

Time Immemorial
Is this before or After Odin's Blessing on it?

We seen humans trying to do the same thing and it broke Stan Lee's truck.

We see Loki try to lift it and he can't, we also see Hulk try too and he can't

Then we see Kurse swat it away like a fly.

So it can be moved or redirected under certain circumstances.

FrothByte
If Hulk can't move it then I'm pretty sure Juggernaut can't as well.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
If Hulk can't move it then I'm pretty sure Juggernaut can't as well.

Anyone who tried to actually lift it failed. Kurse didn't try he just said no.

Then again Juggs isn't trying to lift it, more of a drag. Who knows.

FrothByte
Kurse was able to redirect it while it was in motion. Anyone who tried to move it while it was stationary failed. Stan Lee didn't try to lift it with his truck, he just tried to pull on it and it didn't budge an inch.

So I don't think Cain is moving it as long as it's already stationary.

Time Immemorial
Based off his powerset nothing is supposed to be able to stop his movement once he gains momentum though.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Based off his powerset nothing is supposed to be able to stop his movement once he gains momentum though.

In the comics yes, but I don't recall that being mentioned in the movie. Besides, who'd you rather place your bets on: Cain's mutant powers or Odin's magical powers.

Time Immemorial
In the comics yes, but I don't recall that being mentioned in the movie. Besides, who'd you rather place your bets on: Cain's mutant powers or Odin's magical powers.

It was mentioned in the movie though. But yea I see you're point.

BruceSkywalker
Cain Marko is NOT worthy, so the answer is NO

Arachnid1
In the comics yes, but I don't recall that being mentioned in the movie. Besides, who'd you rather place your bets on: Cain's mutant powers or Odin's magical powers. It was mention in his first scene on his file, but agreed. Odin>>>mutant X gene.

Time Immemorial
Juggs tells Odin

"I'm the juggernaut *****"

Odin has another heart attack

wallman77
lol ^. mjolnir for the win tho

Placidity
Whats stopping someone from digging around Mjolnir and then lifting the piece of earth up, with Mjolnir on top of it?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Placidity
Whats stopping someone from digging around Mjolnir and then lifting the piece of earth up, with Mjolnir on top of it?

Magic I guess. Although it's quite strange/funny because in Thor 2 he hangs Mjolnir on a coat hanger. So I wonder if that coat hanger became magically immovable, while simultaneously is magically not pulled down by Mjolnir's weight.

I'm guessing what Thor's wills for it has a lot to do with it.

Newjak
Yeah movie Juggernaut fails.

Darkstorm Zero
Comics Jugs, I'd have to say Jugs... Cyttorak's power is maximum.

Movie Jugs... yeah... no. That ain't happening.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Placidity

I didn't sink the Hellicarrier when Thor was not carrying it. So nothing really, the blessing of worth is on picking it up I assume.

carver9
Wonder if Magneto could move it.

Tattoos N Scars
I didn't sink the Hellicarrier when Thor was not carrying it. So nothing really, the blessing of worth is on picking it up I assume.

I'm sure it only applies to lifting it, I agree.

It didn't push the Earth out of orbit either while it was resting on the ground when Thor didn't have his powers.

DARTH POWER
I think it stays where Odin or Thor wills it to. That's the only way it could make sense.

FrothByte

Not being able to move Mjolnir doesn't have anything to do with it's weight. It's not like it suddenly becomes a million tons or anything (otherwise it would continually create craters everytime Thor dropped it). It's simply Odin's enchantment that stops anyone from moving it who isn't worthy.

I'm pretty sure that after Thor hung Mjolnir in the coat hanger no one would be able to remove it from there if they weren't worthy.

Tattoos N Scars
I think Hulk managed to barely pick it up in the comics before. I know he did in an animated Avengers movie when he fought Cap.

Newjak
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
I think Hulk managed to barely pick it up in the comics before. I know he did in an animated Avengers movie when he fought Cap. The main universe comic Hulk has never picked up the hammer.

In the Ultimate Avengers animated movie he did manage to pick it up.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Newjak
The main universe comic Hulk has never picked up the hammer.

In the Ultimate Avengers animated movie he did manage to pick it up.

I loved that Ultimate Avengers movie... up until that stupid scene. I kinda felt like they did that just to get Thor out of the picture so that Hulk could continue dominating the other Avengers.

To be fair, in almost any animated production, whether it be animated movie or TV series, the director/producers always seem to crap on Thor whenever Thor and Hulk fight.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I think it stays where Odin or Thor wills it to. That's the only way it could make sense.

Yea its on auto pilotsmile

jinXed by JaNx
Just as only Arthur was able to wield, Excalibur, only the worthy can carry Mjolnir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.