What are some good Legacy novels/comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

red8
I'm interested in learning about the Legacy cast (Krayt, Talon, Mara, Jaina, Abeloth, etc).

Wookiepedia has a long-ass list of source materials:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Legacy_era

If I were to start with, say 2 or 3 stories, which would you recommend?

I prefer novels over comic books, but I'm fine with either.

NewGuy01
"Broken" is easily the best to start with. Then I'd skip to "Claws of the Dragon". After that, skip straight to "Vector". Then continue to "War".

After those, if you're still interested, I'd recommend "Extremes" and the issue that features Maladi's base.

Andeddu's strip was also cool, and is just a short, cheap comic strip if you'd like to pick that up as well.

Everything except the above mentioned really isn't even worth reading IMHO.

Q99
Ok, to begin with, there's really two (kinda three) 'legacies.' The novels are, like, 80 years before the comics. I can't say which novels are worthwhile since I've literally only read part of one.

Of the first legacy comic, Red mentioned the key plot stories, though there is *plenty* of good stuff aside from that- I like pretty much any part that deals with the Alliance and Gar Stazi (Admiral Badass!), for example, and ones starring minor characters, like 'Noob,' the story of a Storm Trooper under the sith. Reading through the whole thing is a quite reasonable course of action.

Starting with Broken is pretty much required in any case, since it tells you Cade's story in a nutshell.

Then there is a *second* legacy comic, a smaller scale one focused on Ania Solo and an Imperial Knight. It's also good, but it's fairly short, and doesn't cover the world as widely as the first comic does. Story wise, it very much comes after the first one, so only read if you want to see part of the aftermath of War.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.