Magic through the Force, but no Force through Magic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Its been pretty much stated that Nightsister magic is separate from the Force, and is an alternative vehicle through which supernatural powers can be achieved. However, Palpatine in The Lost Misisions, used an incantation to put himself and Yoda in a simulated environment. So does this mean "magic-esque esoteric abilities, more consistent with Nightsister magick can be achieved through the Force as well.

Emperordmb
Nah, the Nightsisters still wield the force. I suggest you look into their origins and maybe read Book of the Sith. Nightsister magic is a way of using the force.

Darth Abonis
Its all non-canon now.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Its all non-canon now.
What is canon is that apparently all of the nightbrothers were force sensitive, and the decision to join the Dark Side was made for Maul by the Nightsisters. I'm still seeing a ****ton of force involved with the Nightsisters, even outside of the Legends continuity that you seem so eager to dismiss as worthless.

Darth Abonis
I'm merely stating fact. Also if you listen to Talzin in the Disappeared arc, she says she is not a natural force user and that she achieves magic to accomplish power aka acknowledging what she is doing is different than accessing the Force.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I'm merely stating fact. Also if you listen to Talzin in the Disappeared arc, she says she is not a natural force user and that she achieves magic to accomplish power aka acknowledging what she is doing is different than accessing the Force.

thumb up

Filoni opines that Nightsister magicks aren't totally unrelated to the Force and may be a very distant manifestation of the greater Force, but Talzin flat out says that her powers are distinguished Force powers as we know them.

DARTH POWER
But according to SOD she was apprenticed/partnered with Sidious? So they seemed to be focused on combining their abilities and learning new powers from each other.

The_Tempest
thumb up

Nephthys
Oh, I thought they were boning.

Trocity
Talzin should not be too proud of this separate magic she possesses. Her sorcery is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Darth Abonis
I guess only time will tell. Hopefully, future reference material will clarify this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.