The Heralds of Galactus vs THE JLA(S)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
The Heralds of Galactus

1)Air-Walker
2)Firelord
3)Morg
4)Red-Shift
5)Stardust
6)Silver Surfer
7)Terrax

VS

Pre-Flashpoint JLA

1)Martian Manhunter
2)Captain Marvel
3)Orion
4)Firestorm
5)Green Lantern Hal
6)Superman
7)Wonder Woman

Round 2

DCNU JLA

1)Captain Marvel
2)Flash
3)Green Lantern Guy
4)Majestic
5)Deadman
6)Superman
7)Aquaman

janus77
I read on reddit that Brooklyn disowned you. How'd you feel?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by janus77
I read on reddit that Brooklyn disowned you. How'd you feel?

DAMN LIES FROM A GLINTING BASTARD!!!

You've involved, Brooklyn, TWICE now.

There is NO turning back!

mad

janus77
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
DAMN LIES FROM A GLINTING BASTARD!!!

You've involved, Brooklyn, TWICE now.

There is NO turning back!

mad
Is Brooklyn a sore spot with you? confused

Nevermind, I've never been but doesn't look like the sort of place you miss much.

Did they film Sesame Street there?

LordofBrooklyn
Is Brooklyn a sore spot with you? confused

Nevermind, I've never been but doesn't look like the sort of place you miss much.

Did they film Sesame Street there?

You insulted Brooklyn twice today by attacking me!

Brooklyn is the capitol of the world and the greatest place on Earth!

P.S. Hey, you insulted Brooklyn again!

janus77
You insulted Brooklyn twice today by attacking me!

Brooklyn is the capitol of the world and the greatest place on Earth!

P.S. Hey, you insulted Brooklyn again!
It's not an insult to be associated with Sesame Street.

I'm just honestly curious, never been and it just doesn't have many positive associations, in my mind.

I've never been to New Jersey, but Springsteen's cool (as is the mafia confused ).

Supermex
F**k Brooklyn!!

I hear rural Main is the place to be!!

janus77
Originally posted by Supermex
F**k Brooklyn!!

I hear rural Main is the place to be!!
Only thing I know of Main is that Stephen King keeps setting his novels there.

And he's from there.

And yeah, looks cool and sparsely populated in movies. Slight Scandinavian vibe to it too.

MF DELPH
As a fellow Brooklynite I'm somewhat inclined to intervene, but LoB brings this on himself, so I'll just post this disclaimer:

"The views and opinions expressed by LordofBrooklyn are those
of LordofBrooklyn solely, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the Borough of Brooklyn, it's current residents, or the BK Diaspora."

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Supermex
F**k Brooklyn!!

And now you.. DIE!!!

LordofBrooklyn
It's not an insult to be associated with Sesame Street.

I'm just honestly curious, never been and it just doesn't have many positive associations, in my mind.

The Republic of Brooklyn is really the greatest place on Earth!

I believe it is one of the most diverse cities on the planet. There is a great mix of modern conveniences. culture and classic sensibilities.

You can go to BAM, Downtown Brooklyn, Red Hook, Bed-Stuy and Brooklyn Heights if you are of the Hipster inclination.

There is East Flatbush, Crown Heights, Canarsie, Marine Park etc. for authentic Brooklyn.

The food is the best in the world.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by MF DELPH
As a fellow Brooklynite I'm somewhat inclined to intervene, but LoB brings this on himself, so I'll just post this disclaimer:

"The views and opinions expressed by LordofBrooklyn are those
of LordofBrooklyn solely, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the Borough of Brooklyn, it's current residents, or the BK Diaspora."

Forum members should know that MF Delph's Hood pass has been REVOKED for years!

He is no longer welcome in Brooklyn!

carver9
Team DC wins the majority. DCNU JLA gets rocked though.

maxivitopowe
The Republic of Brooklyn is really the greatest place on Earth!

I believe it is one of the most diverse cities on the planet. There is a great mix of modern conveniences. culture and classic sensibilities.

You can go to BAM, Downtown Brooklyn, Red Hook, Bed-Stuy and Brooklyn Heights if you are of the Hipster inclination.

There is East Flatbush, Crown Heights, Canarsie, Marine Park etc. for authentic Brooklyn.

The food is the best in the world.

Hi, London would like a word

The Sorrow
Favouring DC in this.

janus77
Pre-Flashpoint JLA

1)Martian Manhunter - Firelord : Firelord. Quick win wink
2)Captain Marvel - Red-Shift & Firelord : Red-Shift & Firelord
3)Orion - Terrax : Orion.
4)Firestorm - Stardust : Stardust.
5)Green Lantern Hal - Morg : Morg after a long fight
6)Superman - Silver Surfer : Silver Surfer quickly, via w/e.
7)Wonder Woman - Air-Walker

End result: Heralds win, better powersets, faster, better at countering energy and physical force.

Round 2

DCNU JLA

1)Captain Marvel
2)Flash
3)Green Lantern Guy
4)Majestic
5)Deadman
6)Superman
7)Aquaman

End result: Heralds, as earlier, just place Firelord against Aquaman, SD against Majestic, Surfer takes out Flash, whilst Red-Shift keeps Superman stalemated...

Prof. T.C McAbe
JLA wins, both new and pre DCnU. They have the teamwork, they have the powers to counter and surprise their enemies and they have the physical and mental advantage.

carver9
Pre-Flashpoint JLA

1)Martian Manhunter - Firelord : Firelord. Quick win wink
2)Captain Marvel - Red-Shift & Firelord : Red-Shift & Firelord
3)Orion - Terrax : Orion.
4)Firestorm - Stardust : Stardust.
5)Green Lantern Hal - Morg : Morg after a long fight
6)Superman - Silver Surfer : Silver Surfer quickly, via w/e.
7)Wonder Woman - Air-Walker

End result: Heralds win, better powersets, faster, better at countering energy and physical force.

Round 2

DCNU JLA

1)Captain Marvel
2)Flash
3)Green Lantern Guy
4)Majestic
5)Deadman
6)Superman
7)Aquaman

End result: Heralds, as earlier, just place Firelord against Aquaman, SD against Majestic, Surfer takes out Flash, whilst Red-Shift keeps Superman stalemated...

I can see it going down like this tbh. It depends on how Surfer approach the battle. Firelord would feed off of Superman.

DarkSaint85
The Heralds of Galactus

1)Air-Walker
2)Firelord
3)Morg
4)Red-Shift
5)Stardust
6)Silver Surfer
7)Terrax

VS

Pre-Flashpoint JLA

1)Martian Manhunter
2)Captain Marvel
3)Orion
4)Firestorm
5)Green Lantern Hal
6)Superman
7)Wonder Woman

Round 2

DCNU JLA

1)Captain Marvel
2)Flash
3)Green Lantern Guy
4)Majestic
5)Deadman
6)Superman
7)Aquaman

JLA win.

Preboot, they have WW and her 1 shot lasso which she uses in character. Manhunter is a weaklink.

Post boot, Deadman can take control of them, and hop from body to body.

carver9
Stardust opens a Black hole during the Battle, who survives?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Stardust opens a Black hole during the Battle, who survives?

Deadman.

JLA wins.

I like how you're using OOC tactics. Whereas, with Deadman THAT IS ALL HE DOES. He can't do anything else.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Deadman.

JLA wins.

I like how you're using OOC tactics. Whereas, with Deadman THAT IS ALL HE DOES. He can't do anything else.

Surfer can mess with Deadman physiology. The JLA would be fighting against the Black Hole, a lot of then would, while getting picked apart by the rest of the Heralds. Can you not see this happening? What if Surfer and Stardust create a black hole (Surfer on his own has created one light yrs wide)...what could the team do against this type of force?

carver9
Deadman is a soul, correct.

Surfer eats and crush souls...

Originally posted by One-Punch
Surfer morphs into some sort of alien/demon thing and sucks John Aman's soul/form into himself, and proceeds to travel to and spit him into the heart of an active volcano. All of this while doing a monologue about how boring and miniscule of a threat John Aman is.

http://i49.tinypic.com/m9m1pc.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://i49.tinypic.com/jpbv37.jpg

DarkSaint85
Surfer can mess with Deadman physiology. The JLA would be fighting against the Black Hole, a lot of then would, while getting picked apart by the rest of the Heralds. Can you not see this happening? What if Surfer and Stardust create a black hole (Surfer on his own has created one light yrs wide)...what could the team do against this type of force?

Deadman has no physiology....

Why would they be fighting against it? If they struggle, Deadman would shut it down.

The problem is, Deadman only ever possesses enemy team mates, and turns them against their own team. It's ALL he does. In character, morals on, whatever, he does it. CIS/PIS on or off, bloodlusted or not, he has nothing else to do. It's his first, and only attack.

Whereas in character, Stardust doesn't just go around opening blackholes left right and centre. Neither does Surfer - you and I both know this. Stop trolling. It's not like I am arguing Superman sings them out of existence, or speedblitzes, or Krona Busters, or Orion busts out New God tech he's only ever used once.

It's a basic move of Deadman. Possession.

PoOrphans does not possess like Deadman.

MF DELPH
Not to support Carver or the Herald team as I don't have a dog in this fight, but Red Shift has also been depicted on panel as creating black holes/singularities, so that is a fairly reasonable tactic for the Heralds to employ.

carver9
Deadman has no physiology....

Why would they be fighting against it? If they struggle, Deadman would shut it down.

The problem is, Deadman only ever possesses enemy team mates, and turns them against their own team. It's ALL he does. In character, morals on, whatever, he does it. CIS/PIS on or off, bloodlusted or not, he has nothing else to do. It's his first, and only attack.

Whereas in character, Stardust doesn't just go around opening blackholes left right and centre. Neither does Surfer - you and I both know this. Stop trolling. It's not like I am arguing Superman sings them out of existence, or speedblitzes, or Krona Busters, or Orion busts out New God tech he's only ever used once.

It's a basic move of Deadman. Possession.

PoOrphans does not possess like Deadman.

But Surfer has the means to get rid of Deadman, correct?

carver9
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Not to support Carver or the Herald team as I don't have a dog in this fight, but Red Shift has also been depicted on panel as creating black holes/singularities, so that is a fairly reasonable tactic for the Heralds to employ.

thumb up

Huge tactic which could give them the win as the JLA would be fighting the entire time against the pull while getting picked apart. Don't see this happening but I did want to throw it out there...especially since Black Holes does nothing to Galactus Heralds.

DarkSaint85

If he isn't possessed like when Carnage possessed him.....

Edit: Also, just to point out, inhaling Deadman and taking him into yourself (which is nonsensical, as again, he doesn't have a body but w/e) is the worst thing Surfer can do.

It's like eating an Ebola sandwich, rather than waiting for it to infect you.

Golgo13

I wouldn't bet on it.

carver9

Which means he would have to attack Surfer first. I honestly don't think he is faster than Surfer. He would most def get eaten and honestly, that's Surfers only tactic against Deadman so even with CIS being on, I think he would use it (even though I think Surfer could affect him with his blasts. Currently looking for proof).

carver9
Originally posted by Golgo13
I wouldn't bet on it.

Why not?

Golgo13
Why not?

Deadman has better control over himself than Surfer. His last feat (Even with help) was pretty beastly.

carver9

Edit: Also, just to point out, inhaling Deadman and taking him into yourself (which is nonsensical, as again, he doesn't have a body but w/e) is the worst thing Surfer can do.

It's like eating an Ebola sandwich, rather than waiting for it to infect you.

Surfer didn't just take a soul in. Once the soul was in him, he CRUSHED him. He could literally eat him and spit him back out.

carver9
Deadman has better control over himself than Surfer. His last feat (Even with help) was pretty beastly.

Understood, but that still doesn't take away from Surfer chewing him up like a happy meal. The proof is there.

Golgo13
Understood, but that still doesn't take away from Surfer chewing him up like a happy meal. The proof is there.

I doubt it. If Pantheon couldn't do it, I doubt Surfer could.

carver9
I doubt it. If Pantheon couldn't do it, I doubt Surfer could.

So Pantheon tried to eat Deadman? Do you have scans of this?

DarkSaint85

Except....Prince of Orphans does NOT possess people. So not really the same, at all.

Take him in, and he can't do anything to you if you are durable enough.

Take Deadman in, and you are his.

Golgo13
He was inside of him, possessing him. And he could control souls/spirits, IIRC. Surfer can't touch Deadman.

carver9
Except....Prince of Orphans does NOT possess people. So not really the same, at all.

Take him in, and he can't do anything to you if you are durable enough.

Take Deadman in, and you are his.

Its basically Deadman (once he is inside Surfer) vs Surfers power cosmic, my money is going on Surfers power cosmic chewing him up as shown. We have proof that Surfer can affect souls to the point of CRUSHING them. Doesn't matter if you are trying to take control or not...once you are inside of him, he can physically kill you. Once Deadman is inside of Surfer, Surfer attempts would probably be the same, crush him until he's nothing more. Then we have that rule or basic knowledge for each character, so Surfer would know about Deadman abilities.

Golgo13
Surfer taking Deadman in is suicide. lol

carver9
Surfer taking Deadman in is suicide. lol

If he isn't fighting back, probably.

DarkSaint85
Its basically Deadman (once he is inside Surfer) vs Surfers power cosmic, my money is going on Surfers power cosmic chewing him up as shown. We have proof that Surfer can affect souls to the point of CRUSHING them. Doesn't matter if you are trying to take control or not...once you are inside of him, he can physically kill you. Once Deadman is inside of Surfer, Surfer attempts would probably be the same, crush him until he's nothing more. Then we have that rule or basic knowledge for each character, so Surfer would know about Deadman abilities.

Your analogy about Happy Meals was a very apt one, btw.

Nobody here should doubt my ability to chew up and crush a Happy Meal in my mouth and stomach.

Nobody.

Now, what if that Happy Meal had Ebola?

I'd still be able to chew it. Until it infected me and I died.

We know Surfer has been possessed before. Cosmic Carnage resulted.

Golgo13
If he isn't fighting back, probably.

He can't fight him. POO does not equal DM.

Newjak
Has anyone so far managed to fend off Deadman?

What is the strongest individual he has done it to?

Has he done it to an individual with a powerset like Surfer's?

Golgo13
I believe the strongest being Deadman possessed was Death of the Endless.

carver9
I believe the strongest being Deadman possessed was Death of the Endless.

Do you have scans and what's fts does the endless have?

Newjak
Is that Dcnu Deadman?

Golgo13
Not every DCnU character is different from Pre-Flashpoint. His origin was pretty much the same. Pantheon is his best feat with shared help. Pantheon is similar to Glory. A being composed of hundreds of thousands of Gods.

DarkSaint85
Do you have scans and what's fts does the endless have?

They are very strong, and can fly faster than light. They also can fire incredible energy beams from their eyes.

Every time they show up, they win fights. That is how the Endless work.

For a more serious answer, Google Fu.

carver9
They are very strong, and can fly faster than light. They also can fire incredible energy beams from their eyes.

Every time they show up, they win fights. That is how the Endless work.

For a more serious answer, Google Fu.

Lol...I did and I didn't read anything stating they have any type of control like the Surfer has with the power cosmic.

carver9
Not every DCnU character is different from Pre-Flashpoint. His origin was pretty much the same. Pantheon is his best feat with shared help. Pantheon is similar to Glory. A being composed of hundreds of thousands of Gods.

The fts doesn't carry over though and the ft you are bringing up, like you've stated, he had help.

Newjak
Not every DCnU character is different from Pre-Flashpoint. His origin was pretty much the same. Pantheon is his best feat with shared help. Pantheon is similar to Glory. A being composed of hundreds of thousands of Gods. Just because their origins are similar does not mean one can assume the two version have the exact same feats.

Also you guys never answered my one question. Has anyone ever resisted his power?

Golgo13
The fts doesn't carry over though and the ft you are bringing up, like you've stated, he had help.

Why doesn't it?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Newjak
Just because their origins are similar does not mean one can assume the two version have the exact same feats.

Also you guys never answered my one question. Has anyone ever resisted his power?

Not everyone had a reboot, though. That's the point. The whole GL universe didn't. The Batman universe didn't, etc...

pym-ftw
The heralds planet bust ic and honestly the JLA have only a handful of characters that can survive that on each team. Also SS can counter Deadman.

Golgo13
How? What being has SS countered that was like Deadman?

Newjak
Not everyone had a reboot, though. That's the point. The whole GL universe didn't. The Batman universe didn't, etc... Except the Batman universe did have a reboot as far as I know.

The point remains you cannot simply give a dcnu character all of their previous versions feats simply because you think they haven't been rebooted.

The green lanterns are a special case.

And once again has anyone ever resisted his powers?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Newjak
Except the Batman universe did have a reboot as far as I know.

The point remains you cannot simply give a dcnu character all of their previous versions feats simply because you think they haven't been rebooted.

The green lanterns are a special case.

And once again has anyone ever resisted his powers?

Agree to disagree. The only person I remember is Constantine.

DarkSaint85
No one has resisted him without prep as far as I know.

Stanor
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
JLA wins, both new and pre DCnU. They have the teamwork, they have the powers to counter and surprise their enemies and they have the physical and mental advantage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.