Savage Hulk vs Nimrod...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Nimrod was able to give a convincing beating to Classic Juggs; can he do the same to Savage Hulk?

Battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed; fight an industrialized, populated, area in NYC...

Who wins?

Stoic
Savage Hulk has feats that crap all over Nimrod. he wins this. One fall equals win right?

GroggyGrunt
Hulk. Nimrod's a bit of a cheat with the no BFR stip, but I think Hulk can just rip him apart over and over. Nimrod can try to adapt, but Hulk will just keep getting stronger.

leonidas
colossus cracked his armor. no expression

One_Angry_Scot
Just thought I would leave this respect thread I made for Nimrod here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t601579.html

Could perhaps create further discussion.

MF DELPH
If Nimrod can adapt a means to calm Hulk down this is his fight to lose.

Magnon
Nimrod wins imo.

carver9
Nimrod will probably get ripped in half.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14061808/IH-01-19.jpg.html

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by carver9
Nimrod will probably get ripped in half.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14061808/IH-01-19.jpg.html

Even if he did do that. Nimrod has control of his body on the molecular level.

Nimrods packing a lot more than you think.

GroggyGrunt
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Even if he did do that. Nimrod has control of his body on the molecular level.

Nimrods packing a lot more than you think.

This is why I think the no BFR stip is a bit of a cheat for Nimrod. He's able to reconstruct himself from being smashed to bits.

Stoic
One fall equals forum win. The Hulk can also reform. The Hulk also has too many feats to draw from that craps all over Nimrod's limited appearances. Nimrod could certainly adapt, and likely neutralize the radiation in the Hulk's body temporarily. But this would happen far later than it would take the Hulk to rip the construct to pieces. So if Nimrod could keep coming back over and over he would win. First fall goes to the Hulk.

janus77
Hulk could simply ingest all of Nimrod's molecules.

Once inside, Nimrod's done. Can't get out, can't beat Hulk's digestive acids.

carver9
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk could simply ingest all of Nimrod's molecules.

Once inside, Nimrod's done. Can't get out, can't beat Hulk's digestive acids.

Good point. It was recently said that the only thing that can survive in Hulk is adamantium.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by carver9
Good point. It was recently said that the only thing that can survive in Hulk is adamantium.

That's a good point but the problem is Nimrod isn't going to be a sitting duck and how is Hulk going to ingest every molecule of Nimrods body.

The Sorrow
Roll him up into a tin can and swallow him.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Roll him up into a tin can and swallow him.

Again though the thing is is that for that to be possible Nimrod would have to stand in front of Hulk saying "Hit me".

I just don't think Nimrod is silly enough to sit around.

If Hulk did that he'd get a bad case of the s**ts.

All jokes aside I agree with what Stoic said.

GroggyGrunt
Originally posted by Stoic
One fall equals forum win. The Hulk can also reform. The Hulk also has too many feats to draw from that craps all over Nimrod's limited appearances. Nimrod could certainly adapt, and likely neutralize the radiation in the Hulk's body temporarily. But this would happen far later than it would take the Hulk to rip the construct to pieces. So if Nimrod could keep coming back over and over he would win. First fall goes to the Hulk.

Gotcha. I'd agree with this summation, then. I think it'd take Nimrod a lot of coming back before he finally got one over the Hulk, though.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by GroggyGrunt
Gotcha. I'd agree with this summation, then. I think it'd take Nimrod a lot of coming back before he finally got one over the Hulk, though.

He's not without his striking power. It was stated by Juggernaut that he thought only the Hulk could hit so hard. While that's hyperbole Juggernaut mentions it himself during the fight.

krisblaze
Nimrod's got far greater consistency than Savage Hulk.

People think only the Savage Hulk's high feats count no expression

Nimrod sonics the **** out of him.

GroggyGrunt
He's not without his striking power. It was stated by Juggernaut that he thought only the Hulk could hit so hard. While that's hyperbole Juggernaut mentions it himself during the fight.

I'm not saying he doesn't have striking power, but I think that Hulk would just keep getting madder and stronger every time Nimrod came back and it would take time for Nimrod to circumvent that.

One_Angry_Scot
I'm not saying he doesn't have striking power, but I think that Hulk would just keep getting madder and stronger every time Nimrod came back and it would take time for Nimrod to circumvent that.

Oh no don't worry wasn't accusing you of not saying that in any way.

Was just adding some more info on Nimrod.

GroggyGrunt
Oh no don't worry wasn't accusing you of not saying that in any way.

Was just adding some more info on Nimrod.

Wait, you're not accusing me of not saying that? Did I not say I didn't say he doesn't have......I'm so lost now... confused big grin

More info is always good, I have to admit I learn a lot around here (particularly on all the current stuff).

krisblaze
Nimrod effectively cancelled X-23's healing factor.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by krisblaze
Nimrod effectively cancelled X-23's healing factor.

Yep, here are the scans from the respect thread.

After this battle X-23 didn't heal at all.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991658/12.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991659/13.png.html

TheLordofMurder
I personally think Nimrod takes this...

Some of you think Savage Hulk can just "get" to Nimrod and rip him apart, but Nimrod has only been successfully physically assaulted hand to hand after being distracted or after some exotic tactic has been used...

Nimrod has strong force fields that can also repulse enemies away from him, an array of abilities to keep Hulk from pounding on him, and he will absolutely not just stand there and attempt to brawl with Hulk as CIS/PIS causes so many other opponents to do...

Classic Juggs was completely unable to just run up to Nimrod and pound on him as some of you are suggesting; what makes you all think Savage Hulk would fare any better?

Edit: Whats to stop Nimrod from just levitating Hulk into the air when the Hulk comes at him (exactly as he did Classic Juggs) whenever he needs to keep space against Hulk?

Nimrod has been shown to (on panel) fly over his opponents, scan them for weaknesses, and attack from the air; combined with the other numerous things Nimrod can do, how can Hulk engage Nimrod physically if Nimrod does not wish it?

krisblaze
^Because he's the Hulk smile

He'll win, no matter what! Did you see how he wrestled Thor??

Apparently the hyper-intelligent computer won't be able to come up with strategies that we can.

carver9
Nimrod gets blitzed.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14449206/IH-02-017.jpg.html

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Some of you think Savage Hulk can just "get" to Nimrod and rip him apart, but Nimrod has only been successfully physically assaulted hand to hand after being distracted or after some exotic tactic has been used...

Nimrod has strong force fields that can also repulse enemies away from him, an array of abilities to keep Hulk from pounding on him, and he will absolutely not just stand there and attempt to brawl with Hulk as CIS/PIS causes so many other opponents to do...

Classic Juggs was completely unable to just run up to Nimrod and pound on him as some of you are suggesting; what makes you all think Savage Hulk would fare any better?

Edit: Whats to stop Nimrod from just levitating Hulk into the air when the Hulk comes at him (exactly as he did Classic Juggs) whenever he needs to keep space against Hulk?

Nimrod has been shown to (on panel) fly over his opponents, scan them for weaknesses, and attack from the air; combined with the other numerous things Nimrod can do, how can Hulk engage Nimrod physically if Nimrod does not wish it?
thumb up

GroggyGrunt

Hulk has smashed through force fields, Hulk has gingerly made his merry way through energy blasts, Hulk has caught up to fliers...nobody is arguing that Nimrod is just going to stand there, I don't know why that assertion is being made.

There's no ability of Nimrod's being mentioned that Hulk hasn't already raged through. The only thing that gives Nimrod any kind of edge is his ability to adapt, and I do think that would give him a win in time. First fall goes in favor of Hulk, though.

TheLordofMurder
Hulk has smashed through force fields, Hulk has gingerly made his merry way through energy blasts, Hulk has caught up to fliers...nobody is arguing that Nimrod is just going to stand there, I don't know why that assertion is being made.

There's no ability of Nimrod's being mentioned that Hulk hasn't already raged through. The only thing that gives Nimrod any kind of edge is his ability to adapt, and I do think that would give him a win in time. First fall goes in favor of Hulk, though.

There is no PIS in a forum fight and I fail to see how Hulk will "rage" though being levitated...

Nor can I see how Hulk (without PIS being a factor) physically engage a flying Nimrod; Nimrod can easily calculate Hulks speed, trajectory, and react accordingly...

Nimrod has done just that several times on panel already...

Hulk is too one dimensional to beat Nimrod; IMHO...

One_Angry_Scot
There is no PIS in a forum fight and I fail to see how Hulk will "rage" though being levitated...

Nor can I see how Hulk (without PIS being a factor) physically engage a flying Nimrod; Nimrod can easily calculate Hulks speed, trajectory, and react accordingly...

He done that against Rogue in fact when he was fighting the Uncanny X-Men plus members of the Hellfire club.

The Sorrow
Again though the thing is is that for that to be possible Nimrod would have to stand in front of Hulk saying "Hit me".

I just don't think Nimrod is silly enough to sit around.

If Hulk did that he'd get a bad case of the s**ts.

All jokes aside I agree with what Stoic said.
Not really all it would need is Hulk to get his hands on Nimrod which would happen.

Yes Stoic is right, Nimrod might be able to tamper with Hulks radiation but it would need somewhere to transfer it to, and yes he will eventually reform when destroyed but it's still technically a loss.

One_Angry_Scot
Not really all it would need is Hulk to get his hands on Nimrod which would happen.

Yes Stoic is right, Nimrod might be able to tamper with Hulks radiation but it would need somewhere to transfer it to, and yes he will eventually reform when destroyed but it's still technically a loss.

Don't get me wrong, while I think Hulk will certainly get in a left hook here and there. He isn't going to land every hit.

Nimrod has a lot going for him. He has impressive striking power. Strong adaptation. His energy blasts are strong. He could levitate Hulk after temporarily disabling his nerves and then smash him into the ground repeatedly.

And as it's a industrialized area Nimrod can take all of the metal from buildings etc and ram it it into him.

Nimrods ability to adapt and suppress parts of Hulk plays a huge part in this battle. Nimrod is like a supercomputer, he is constantly calculating combat parameters of his enemies analyzing how they fight. What speed they move at.

Savage Hulk while very strong and beastly in his own right. Just lacks that extra oomph to get the majority over Nimrod in my opinion.

When Hulk does get him and say he does his thing where he knocks his target from the ground who's to say Nimrod doesn't emit a shockwave to knock Hulk back?

janus77
Thunderclap, leap and rip the shit apart. Savage Hulk's simple but effective means for destroying Nimrod.

Not even high heralds can withstand Savage Hulk's ThunderClap. He's felled Thor and others with it. So Nimrod isn't dodging or tanking that.

Then there's Hulk's "madder, stronger" thing, whereby he rips any shit apart as his rage rises. Happened to Mad Thinker's latest creation, happened to many many creatures in the past.

Hell, Savage Hulk completely destroyed Galaxy Master once he got really angry. Nimrod isn't going to survive an angry Savage Hulk.

Then there is Savage Hulk's unerring accuracy and phenomenal speed with his leaps and grabs. His perceptions and his reflexes are fast enough for him to grab a speeding QuickSilver, his leaps are fast and accurate enough to catch a soaring Silver Surfer, to anticipate and tag Jack Of Hearts and many many other heralds.

People aren't arguing against Hulk as Marvel depict him, but as KMC Hulk-haters wish he was. A slow, lumbering, 2D "brick", with modest strength (oh he's not that strong, not strong enough to rip open xxxx) and no battle intelligence.

Marvel depict a force of nature who is always fighting smart, uses his environment with intelligence and senses his opponent's weaknesses and/or strategic missteps and pounces on them immediately. A Hulk who is strong enough to instantly negate attacks from heralds and whose strength and durability increases exponentially as the battle goes on.

GroggyGrunt

So, with no PIS we're saying all telekinetics > Hulk? Hulk is, by consistent portrayal, illogically strong. Yeah, he could probably rage out of a telekinetic bubble (unless there is a clearly defined explanation of what "levitating" something means that eschews the definition I'm using).

Calculating speed and trajectory =/= win. At that point you're arguing the minute details of the battle, which I'm far too lazy to do.

Like I said, I think Nimrod would get the win eventually. But not first.

One_Angry_Scot
Thunderclap, leap and rip the shit apart. Savage Hulk's simple but effective means for destroying Nimrod.

Not even high heralds can withstand Savage Hulk's ThunderClap. He's felled Thor and others with it. So Nimrod isn't dodging or tanking that.

Then there's Hulk's "madder, stronger" thing, whereby he rips any shit apart as his rage rises. Happened to Mad Thinker's latest creation, happened to many many creatures in the past.

Hell, Savage Hulk completely destroyed Galaxy Master once he got really angry. Nimrod isn't going to survive an angry Savage Hulk.

Then there is Savage Hulk's unerring accuracy and phenomenal speed with his leaps and grabs. His perceptions and his reflexes are fast enough for him to grab a speeding QuickSilver, his leaps are fast and accurate enough to catch a soaring Silver Surfer, to anticipate and tag Jack Of Hearts and many many other heralds.

People aren't arguing against Hulk as Marvel depict him, but as KMC Hulk-haters wish he was. A slow, lumbering, 2D "brick", with modest strength (oh he's not that strong, not strong enough to rip open xxxx) and no battle intelligence.

Marvel depict a force of nature who is always fighting smart, uses his environment with intelligence and senses his opponent's weaknesses and/or strategic missteps and pounces on them immediately. A Hulk who is strong enough to instantly negate attacks from heralds and whose strength and durability increases exponentially as the battle goes on.

I'm not arguing him as you mentioned sitting there like a stone I have said he will get hits in but Nimrod will either regenerate or he will activate forcefields that not even Wolverines Claws could penetrate.

This will sound like I am being stupid when I say this but Nimrod wins purely for his abilities. He's probably not as strong as a heavily enraged Savage Hulk once he gets going. But he's strong enough as stated by Juggernaut to make him say he thought only the Hulk could pull such a stunt. So if Nimrod disabled Hulk's gamma build up for a period of time thereby preventing him from gaining strength. Or he stuns Hulk with a blast like he used on Juggernaut and he disables Hulks movement, Nimrod then has an opportunity to move in for the kill.

The fight with Juggernaut is a measuring stick of how well he could do. I don't think Hulk has this in the bag if Nimrod is out to kill Hulk.

Nimrod is one of them enemies that just has certain characters numbers.

psycho gundam
^Because he's the Hulk smile

He'll win, no matter what! Did you see how he wrestled Thor??

Apparently the hyper-intelligent computer won't be able to come up with strategies that we can. Do you think Nimrod could take Thor sans Mjolnir or nah?

janus77
I disagree entirely with the idea that Nimrod could somehow shut off or drain Savage Hulk's gamma.

For one thing, Hulk's body houses the conduit through which Hulk gets the overwhelming majority of his gamma, external/environmental gamma adds to that but it is overwhelmingly internally based. Nothing to cut him off from, basically.

As for draining his reserves, only when he's calm and for as long as he remains calm. And even then, only Surfer's managed that approach against an angry Hulk (iirc - I think Arch'meddon did too).

Hulk's agility is far and away superior to Juggernaut, Nimrod simply won't have any option but to physically tussle with Hulk - just read his fights to see how often Hulk is the one overwhelming his opponent with speed, rather than the other way around - and as for strength, Juggernaut's statement is not in anyway a measure of how hard Hulk hits, as Savage Hulk (like other iterations) can instantly increase his output exponentially.

Your use of Juggernaut as stand-in for Hulk is not sound, it's like using Norman Osborn as a stand-in for Iron Man. In the former, you've reduced it down to two "bricks", in the latter case we have two "brains". Nobody would see this as a valid approach, if they know anything of the history of Norman and Stark.

Similarly with Juggernaut and Hulk, one is just a magically enchanted slow, deliberate and limited force with extreme levels of endurance. He punches, rushes and kicks, but mostly he reacts and leans on his enchanted invulnerability to win him most fights. He's easily bfr'd and he rarely uses his brains at all (not that he has much).

The other is an even stronger, far far far faster, tactical and highly battle smart fighter who often uses his smarts to take down opponents and who constantly adapts his approach to get the most effect out of his physical qualities.

Hulk is proactive, when he decides to fight, he uses the environment, weaknesses in his opponent, his incredible speed and accuracy (hit any target with Bullseye-like accuracy) and Banner's super-genius calculating brain to work out the most effective attacks, everytime.

One_Angry_Scot
I disagree entirely with the idea that Nimrod could somehow shut off or drain Savage Hulk's gamma.

For one thing, Hulk's body houses the conduit through which Hulk gets the overwhelming majority of his gamma, external/environmental gamma adds to that but it is overwhelmingly internally based. Nothing to cut him off from, basically.

As for draining his reserves, only when he's calm and for as long as he remains calm. And even then, only Surfer's managed that approach against an angry Hulk (iirc - I think Arch'meddon did too).

Hulk's agility is far and away superior to Juggernaut, Nimrod simply won't have any option but to physically tussle with Hulk - just read his fights to see how often Hulk is the one overwhelming his opponent with speed, rather than the other way around - and as for strength, Juggernaut's statement is not in anyway a measure of how hard Hulk hits, as Savage Hulk (like other iterations) can instantly increase his output exponentially.

Your use of Juggernaut as stand-in for Hulk is not sound, it's like using Norman Osborn as a stand-in for Iron Man. In the former, you've reduced it down to two "bricks", in the latter case we have two "brains". Nobody would see this as a valid approach, if they know anything of the history of Norman and Stark.

Similarly with Juggernaut and Hulk, one is just a magically enchanted slow, deliberate and limited force with extreme levels of endurance. He punches, rushes and kicks, but mostly he reacts and leans on his enchanted invulnerability to win him most fights. He's easily bfr'd and he rarely uses his brains at all (not that he has much).

The other is an even stronger, far far far faster, tactical and highly battle smart fighter who often uses his smarts to take down opponents and who constantly adapts his approach to get the most effect out of his physical qualities.

Hulk is proactive, when he decides to fight, he uses the environment, weaknesses in his opponent, his incredible speed and accuracy (hit any target with Bullseye-like accuracy) and Banner's super-genius calculating brain to work out the most effective attacks, everytime.

Note I didn't say he could drain his gamma in any way, I said that he could temporarily disable his gamma building up. I think not doing so has confused you to what I really think, apologies for that. Didn't mean to mislead.

Who is to say Nimrod couldn't disable his gamma ability which gives him the strength? Nimrod hasn't shown that he cant breach a certain metal as such. He has been able to disable the nerves inside Juggernauts body so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to scan the Hulks body and disable his gamma generation temporarily.

When I mentioned the Juggernaut fight was a measuring stick I meant from Nimrods display of his ability not to say that because Nimrod defeated Juggs he could beat Hulk. I was just saying what he displayed in that fight helps him in this fight if he were to use the same tactics.

Yeah true. Juggernaut is more of a brute so he wouldn't be as an intelligent fighter so I will admit you are correct there.

Of course Bruce is a smart and intelligent fighter but so is Nimrod and with his extreme analytical and adaptational abilities this assists him greatly.

Sure Banner will use the environment to his advantage and his brain again I am in 100% agreeance with you. But again I reiterate Nimrod can and will as well. So in this case I don't think Hulk is going to be able to utilize his intelligence with someone as clever as Nimrod is.

psycho gundam
Nimrod disrupts, he doesn't drain AFAIK

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Nimrod disrupts, he doesn't drain AFAIK

Yes that's true.

The Sorrow
Don't get me wrong, while I think Hulk will certainly get in a left hook here and there. He isn't going to land every hit.

Nimrod has a lot going for him. He has impressive striking power. Strong adaptation. His energy blasts are strong. He could levitate Hulk after temporarily disabling his nerves and then smash him into the ground repeatedly.

And as it's a industrialized area Nimrod can take all of the metal from buildings etc and ram it it into him.

Nimrods ability to adapt and suppress parts of Hulk plays a huge part in this battle. Nimrod is like a supercomputer, he is constantly calculating combat parameters of his enemies analyzing how they fight. What speed they move at.

Savage Hulk while very strong and beastly in his own right. Just lacks that extra oomph to get the majority over Nimrod in my opinion.

When Hulk does get him and say he does his thing where he knocks his target from the ground who's to say Nimrod doesn't emit a shockwave to knock Hulk back?
Hulk "lacks the extra oomph" ? What does that even mean? It just seems like your answer is basically Nimrod will find a way because he can adapt to things.

Facts are he isn't tanking Hulks strength, not when he gets cracked and destroyed in pretty much all his appearances against the X-Men who's strongest member is Colossus. He can levitate Hulk? What's to stop Hulk from clapping his hands together? Iron Man used sonics that were backed by a continents worth of power but Hulk ultimately powered through it.

Nimrod can't afford to be physically attacked by Hulk and really just doesn't quite have the feats to say he wins here for the majority.

janus77
Note I didn't say he could drain his gamma in any way, I said that he could temporarily disable his gamma building up. I think not doing so has confused you to what I really think, apologies for that. Didn't mean to mislead.

Who is to say Nimrod couldn't disable his gamma ability which gives him the strength? Nimrod hasn't shown that he cant breach a certain metal as such. He has been able to disable the nerves inside Juggernauts body so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to scan the Hulks body and disable his gamma generation temporarily.

When I mentioned the Juggernaut fight was a measuring stick I meant from Nimrods display of his ability not to say that because Nimrod defeated Juggs he could beat Hulk. I was just saying what he displayed in that fight helps him in this fight if he were to use the same tactics.

Yeah true. Juggernaut is more of a brute so he wouldn't be as an intelligent fighter so I will admit you are correct there.

Of course Bruce is a smart and intelligent fighter but so is Nimrod and with his extreme analytical and adaptational abilities this assists him greatly.

Sure Banner will use the environment to his advantage and his brain again I am in 100% agreeance with you. But again I reiterate Nimrod can and will as well. So in this case I don't think Hulk is going to be able to utilize his intelligence with someone as clever as Nimrod is.
No worries, thanks for the civil response smile

On the matter of finding and/or disrupting some nerve or other in Hulk's body, I think it worth noting that Hulk's internals are as strong as his externals, to the level that the famous "133 Hercs" of force couldn't do anything to them.

That and the fact that when he is damaged (no matter the severity of that damage) he has healed up right. From replacing half his brain without losing consciousness or even falling down to replacing internal organs so rapidly that the hands with which he was holding them in place, were "healed over" in the process.

Also so far there has been nothing established by way of a node/nerve-cluster/organ or anything that facilitates and/or prevents Gamma amping by Hulk.

So, I really can't see this as a viable means of attack/disruption.

On top of this, you have Savage Hulk's demonstration of the strength with which his molecules/body seems to cohere, when The Vision phased into him.

Phasing into Savage Hulk, in order to attack him, would most likely just be the kind of opening Savage Hulk loves to exploit, leading to a trapped and vulnerable Nimrod, rather than in anyway damaging Hulk.

One_Angry_Scot
Hulk "lacks the extra oomph" ? What does that even mean? It just seems like your answer is basically Nimrod will find a way because he can adapt to things.

Facts are he isn't tanking Hulks strength, not when he gets cracked and destroyed in pretty much all his appearances against the X-Men who's strongest member is Colossus. He can levitate Hulk? What's to stop Hulk from clapping his hands together? Iron Man used sonics that were backed by a continents worth of power but Hulk ultimately powered through it.

Nimrod can't afford to be physically attacked by Hulk and really just doesn't quite have the feats to say he wins here for the majority.

Lacking the extra oomph means he doesn't fully have the edge to destroy Nimrod.

You are taking the Colossus point out of context, Kitty Pryde phased through Nimrods insides severely weakening him. Which is what allowed Colossus to do so.

When Nimrod used levitation on Juggernaut if you have seen the scans Nimrod specifically used it to clamp Juggernauts arms to his body. Because Nimrod will not allow Hulk to thunderclap.

Let me be clear here. I think Nimrod takes 5/10 battles. The 5 times he wins is when Nimrod nips it in the bud straight away.

For example he detects Hulks bodily functions and disables them. Which allows him to do what he needs to do to finish off the Hulk while he can't move.

The other 5 times Hulk will win as it's the times Hulk uses the thunderclap or gets a few hits in when Nimrod isn't looking or has been weakened. Nimrod has the potential to easily finish off Hulk 5 times but also get stomped by him easily in another 5. Everything you and Janus have said is what make sup the other 5 in my opinion. The reason Nimrod does so well is he has his opponents fully analyzed generally before a battle. But if he fails to judge how Hulks strength increases or underestimates Hulk then he will be defeated.

So don't think I am being unfair.

I was just stating how I think Nimrod could win 5 times out of ten.

One_Angry_Scot
No worries, thanks for the civil response smile

On the matter of finding and/or disrupting some nerve or other in Hulk's body, I think it worth noting that Hulk's internals are as strong as his externals, to the level that the famous "133 Hercs" of force couldn't do anything to them.

That and the fact that when he is damaged (no matter the severity of that damage) he has healed up right. From replacing half his brain without losing consciousness or even falling down to replacing internal organs so rapidly that the hands with which he was holding them in place, were "healed over" in the process.

Also so far there has been nothing established by way of a node/nerve-cluster/organ or anything that facilitates and/or prevents Gamma amping by Hulk.

So, I really can't see this as a viable means of attack/disruption.

On top of this, you have Savage Hulk's demonstration of the strength with which his molecules/body seems to cohere, when The Vision phased into him.

Phasing into Savage Hulk, in order to attack him, would most likely just be the kind of opening Savage Hulk loves to exploit, leading to a trapped and vulnerable Nimrod, rather than in anyway damaging Hulk.

It's kind of odd to reply to this since I kind of have been unclear but cleared it up in my reply to Sorrow.

I think when Nimrod is on point and knows who and what the Hulk is he is clever enough to defeat the Hulk. But on the day Hulk is mad enough to gain that extra bit of speed and Nimrod can't or has failed to analyze Hulk then he will be too much and Hulk will take 5 out of 10 wins.

So I believe it's a case of 5 times out of 10 that Nimrod will fully analyse Hulk and be able to defeat him but there will also be 5 times were Hulk will just be to tough and too fast for Nimrod to fully get up his force fields.

janus77
One critical problem with the analyse Hulk's body and disrupt its function approach is that Nimrod isn't anywhere near powerful enough to do this.

Don't forget that Hulk's powered through being matter manipulated, he's raged through having himself shrunk and he's easily dealt with opponents that have phased into him.

I don't see Nimrod having any success in attempting to "clamp" Hulk's arms in place as this would require a greater force than Hulk produces. And Nimrod is not Cyttorak or Odin or even a high herald.

Hulk has broken out of the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, as placed upon him by Dr. Strange. And that's Classic old school cheaty Dr. Strange, not the more recent limp one.

There's no way Nimrod will prevent Hulk from using ground stomps and thunderclaps and there's nothing to suggest Nimrod could survive a powerful assault intact or "conscious".

I just don't see how Nimrod wins here. Other than by one-sided PIS/CIS against Hulk.

One_Angry_Scot
One critical problem with the analyse Hulk's body and disrupt its function approach is that Nimrod isn't anywhere near powerful enough to do this.

Don't forget that Hulk's powered through being matter manipulated, he's raged through having himself shrunk and he's easily dealt with opponents that have phased into him.

I don't see Nimrod having any success in attempting to "clamp" Hulk's arms in place as this would require a greater force than Hulk produces. And Nimrod is not Cyttorak or Odin or even a high herald.

Hulk has broken out of the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, as placed upon him by Dr. Strange. And that's Classic old school cheaty Dr. Strange, not the more recent limp one.

There's no way Nimrod will prevent Hulk from using ground stomps and thunderclaps and there's nothing to suggest Nimrod could survive a powerful assault intact or "conscious".

I just don't see how Nimrod wins here. Other than by one-sided PIS/CIS against Hulk.

Like I mentioned I think it comes down to whether Nimrod fully understands the Hulk then he wins. But Hulk can win easily with thunderclaps and physical force.

Insane Titan
Someone's probably answered this, but what's Nimrods record against non mutants other than Juggernaut ?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Someone's probably answered this, but what's Nimrods record against non mutants other than Juggernaut ?

In every battle he pretty much has always dominated unless he is attacked by a new being (like an amalgam).

Or when they separate a piece of his body which is what they used on Magus too.

Fights here.

Nimrod vs Juggernaut

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991347/1.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991348/2.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991349/3.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991350/4.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991351/5.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991352/6.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991353/7.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991354/8.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991355/9.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991356/10.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991357/11.png.html

Nimrod vs X-Men +Hellfire Club members.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991198/1.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991200/2.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991201/3.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991202/4.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991203/5.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991205/6.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991207/7.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991209/8.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991210/9.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991211/10.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991212/11.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991213/12.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991214/13.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991215/14.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991216/15.png.html

Nimrod vs Gambit + the Rogue amalgam (which turns out to be a flashback.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991539/1.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991540/2.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991541/3.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991542/4.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991543/5.png.html

Nimrod vs New X-Men

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991628/1.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991631/2.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991634/3.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991637/4.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991640/5.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991644/6.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991646/7.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991649/8.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991651/9.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991653/10.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991656/11.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991660/14.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991661/15.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991662/16.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991663/17.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991664/18.png.html

That's why I say if he comes fully prepared and knowledgeable of the Hulk then he will have ways to win here. But if Hulk can dodge a few hits and gain some solid hits then he wins.

The Sorrow
Lacking the extra oomph means he doesn't fully have the edge to destroy Nimrod.

You are taking the Colossus point out of context, Kitty Pryde phased through Nimrods insides severely weakening him. Which is what allowed Colossus to do so.

When Nimrod used levitation on Juggernaut if you have seen the scans Nimrod specifically used it to clamp Juggernauts arms to his body. Because Nimrod will not allow Hulk to thunderclap.

Let me be clear here. I think Nimrod takes 5/10 battles. The 5 times he wins is when Nimrod nips it in the bud straight away.

For example he detects Hulks bodily functions and disables them. Which allows him to do what he needs to do to finish off the Hulk while he can't move.

The other 5 times Hulk will win as it's the times Hulk uses the thunderclap or gets a few hits in when Nimrod isn't looking or has been weakened. Nimrod has the potential to easily finish off Hulk 5 times but also get stomped by him easily in another 5. Everything you and Janus have said is what make sup the other 5 in my opinion. The reason Nimrod does so well is he has his opponents fully analyzed generally before a battle. But if he fails to judge how Hulks strength increases or underestimates Hulk then he will be defeated.

So don't think I am being unfair.

I was just stating how I think Nimrod could win 5 times out of ten.
Hulk could smash him to pieces and throw parts of his body to different states, destroying Nimrod would be a win.

Rogue destroyed his body aswell who had taken Colossus' powers.

I don't recall him stopping Juggernaut from being able to move his limbs, I remember him levitating Cain and blasting him across the city but that's it. In either case trying to restrain Hulk against his will isn't a smart tactic as it gives him a chance to struggle and amp. Some of his best feats come from beings far more powerful than Nimrod attempting to restrain/immobilize him.

Nimrod isn't "easily" defeating Hulk in any one of their fights you haven't really backed that claim up outside of saying he MIGHT be able to disrupt Hulks amping.

Insane Titan
In every battle he pretty much has always dominated unless he is attacked by a new being (like an amalgam).

Or when they separate a piece of his body which is what they used on Magus too.

Fights here.

Nimrod vs Juggernaut

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991347/1.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991348/2.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991349/3.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991350/4.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991351/5.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991352/6.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991353/7.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991355/9.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991356/10.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991357/11.png.html

Nimrod vs X-Men +Hellfire Club members.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991198/1.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991200/2.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991201/3.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991202/4.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991203/5.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991205/6.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991207/7.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991209/8.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991210/9.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991211/10.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991212/11.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991213/12.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991214/13.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991215/14.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991216/15.png.html

Nimrod vs Gambit + the Rogue amalgam (which turns out to be a flashback.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991539/1.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991540/2.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991541/3.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991542/4.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991543/5.png.html

Nimrod vs New X-Men

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991628/1.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991631/2.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991634/3.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991637/4.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991640/5.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991644/6.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991646/7.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991649/8.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991651/9.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991653/10.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991656/11.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991660/14.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991661/15.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991662/16.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991663/17.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19991664/18.png.html thanks for the scans/info , but I wanted to know if he's ever really faced any other non mutants other than Juggs.

Has it been shown or stated he adapts to non mutants without a exploitable weakness?

One_Angry_Scot
Hulk could smash him to pieces and throw parts of his body to different states, destroying Nimrod would be a win.

Rogue destroyed his body aswell who had taken Colossus' powers.

I don't recall him stopping Juggernaut from being able to move his limbs, I remember him levitating Cain and blasting him across the city but that's it.

Nimrod isn't "easily" defeating Hulk in any one of their fights you haven't really backed that claim up outside of saying he MIGHT be able to disrupt Hulks amping.

As I mentioned the only way his body has been easily destroyed is when he is either attacked by a new amalgam which allows them to teleport his arm away, or phase through his machinery.

If you see the scan where Nimrod holds Juggernaut his arms are stuck tot he side of his body and not moving. If Juggernaut wasn't being restricted he wouldn't clamp his arms to the side of his body. He would try to break out.

You seem to neglect the fact that I also mentioned that Hulk could defeat Nimrod easily if given the chance. But if Nimrod fully knows the Hulk he can come up with so many different ways to win how to stop him that he can win.

It's not like I haven't given Hulk any credit at all. I am just saying Nimrod with a full idea of Hulk could win.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Insane Titan
thanks for the scans/info , but I wanted to know if he's ever really faced any other non mutants other than Juggs.

Has it been shown or stated he adapts to non mutants without a exploitable weakness?

Nope never faced another non mutant.

It has never been outright stated that he can adapt to non mutant powers but he hasn't ever come across a non mutant in battle bar Juggernaut. He was a predominately an X-Men villain so he didn't really fight non mutants.

So for all intents and purposes it hasn't been stated.

The Sorrow
As I mentioned the only way his body has been easily destroyed is when he is either attacked by a new amalgam which allows them to teleport his arm away, or phase through his machinery.

If you see the scan where Nimrod holds Juggernaut his arms are stuck tot he side of his body and not moving. If Juggernaut wasn't being restricted he wouldn't clamp his arms to the side of his body. He would try to break out.

You seem to neglect the fact that I also mentioned that Hulk could defeat Nimrod easily if given the chance. But if Nimrod fully knows the Hulk he can come up with so many different ways to win how to stop him that he can win.

It's not like I haven't given Hulk any credit at all. I am just saying Nimrod with a full idea of Hulk could win.
Rogue just tore his arm off and punched straight through him.

I see what you mean but I dunno man, it looks more like it could be due to the force of Nimrods attack rather than Juggernaut being restrained but I guess it's open to interpretation. Either way the point still stands... Attempting to restrain Hulk against his will is only going to give him a chance to amp and something else to smash.

I don't have an issue with you believing it's possible for Nimrod to come up with a way to win, but saying he could "easily" defeat Hulk or pull a split is a bit of a stretch based on his lack of feats.

One_Angry_Scot
Rogue just tore his arm off and punched straight through him.

I see what you mean but I dunno man, it looks more like it could be due to the force of Nimrods attack rather than Juggernaut being restrained but I guess it's open to interpretation. Either way the point still stands... Attempting to restrain Hulk against his will is only going to give him a chance to amp and something else to smash.

I don't have an issue with you believing it's possible for Nimrod to come up with a way to win, but saying he could "easily" defeat Hulk or pull a split is a bit of a stretch based on his lack of feats.

It's true in a way what you said with Nimrod lacking feats. He exhibits a dangerous powerset but compared to Hulk it's hard but it's purely based on the select appearances from him that I have portrayed my argument (not to say you haven't just making my point)

I will explain the part you are speaking of.

On this occasion it was an amalgam i'e Rogue, Colossus and Nightcrawler.

On his database Nimrod will have this (this is vague so excuse explanations)

Colossus: Super Strength

Rogue: Absorption Power

Nightcrawler: Teleportation

But he doesn't have the amalgam in his database. So when it attacked him Nimrod was probably thinking who the f**k is this?

This doesn't comply, so due to that the amalgam could defeat him.

If you recall earlier on Nimrod detects Nightcrawlers teleportation and detects where he is travelling to and delivers a blast to that exact place.

But when they're combined as it isn't on his database he can't ascertain a way to win.

I would argue that Nimrod using his force would restrain Juggernaut and that's why he was that way. When I say he could easily defeat it's due to him having that plan. Nimrod hardly ever goes into a battle unprepared. That's why I say if Nimrod has the Hulk in his database so while he is in the air flying down to him he is analysing him.

When he is using a forcefield to block a punch he is analyzing him.

But on that occasion Hulk lands that extra punch or can stun Nimrod then Hulk wins.

krisblaze
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Do you think Nimrod could take Thor sans Mjolnir or nah?
It'd be close.

I don't think he can adapt to magical lightning, which Thor would eventually resort to.

I'm not sure what counts as a win and not here, the Hulk can probably destroy him once or twice.

big juggy man
Logic would dictate if he could beat the Juggernaut he should easily be able to beat the Hulk.

krisblaze
Originally posted by big juggy man
Logic would dictate if he could beat the Juggernaut he should easily be able to beat the Hulk.

It might, but the way he defeated the Juggernaut doesn't seem like it would keep the Hulk down for long.

I'm not even sure I understand how it kept the Juggernaut down smile

carver9
Originally posted by big juggy man

He beat Jugs by using sonics. Will not work at all on Hulk. Let me know if you need proof.

TheLordofMurder
It might, but the way he defeated the Juggernaut doesn't seem like it would keep the Hulk down for long.

I'm not even sure I understand how it kept the Juggernaut down smile

Nimrod paralyzed him by cutting the connection between Juggs body and brain...

I see no reason why this wouldnt work on Hulk...

Other than the PIS filled "Hulk rages though it" explanation...

Check out the 9th scan of Nimrod vs Juggs where Nimrod states this...

krisblaze
Nimrod paralyzed him by cutting the connection between Juggs body and brain...

I see no reason why this wouldnt work on Hulk...

Other than the PIS filled "Hulk rages though it" explanation...

Check out the 9th scan of Nimrod vs Juggs where Nimrod states this...

Looks like I am proven wrong.

The sonic method should work on the Hulk as well then smile

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

carver9
Looks like I am proven wrong.

The sonic method should work on the Hulk as well then smile

Of course you would agree with someone voting against Hulk.

Anyways. Whatever happened to Jugs will NOT happen to Hulk. Proof. Hulk body withstand a blast that can rewrite molecules on a subatomic level.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot4_zpsc0e9f9ee.jpg.html

Not only does he withstand the gun during that scene. He power through the same gun and this time it engulfed his entire body.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot2_zps1e73866f.jpg.html
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot3_zpsfe0f0c28.jpg.html

So Hulk has the durability to withstand anything Nimrod has shown on panel. The strength to rip Nimrod armor to pieces...the speed to get to Nimrod before he had the chance to react. Hulk holds every advantage.

carver9
Also, per this scan, Nimrod used sonics against Juggernaut and targeted his head which cut the connection between his brain and his body.

I would like to add this...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-07-22-00-00-24_zpsbda31bd8.png.html

Ironman hits Hulk with a sonic blaster so powerful that it could power a CONTINENT. Hulk not only withstands the attack, he overpowers it with a thunderclap of his own.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.