Red Skull Vs JSA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Red Skull (with mental powers)
Mzee-tortoise man, super strength, magical gem powered
Goat Face Girl-mutant power nullifier
Dancing Water-water form, water teleportation, water manipulation
Tsar Sultan-insect form, poison stingers
Honest John-appears as whatever one considers a great leader
Dangerous Jinn-magical flight, energy projection, longevity

Vs

(Pre DCnu)
GL Alan Scott
Jay Garrick Flash
Wildcat
Mr. Terrific
Star Spangled Kid
Hawkman
Citizen Steel

krisblaze
First off, how do they deal with Skull's telepathy?

Any takers? Cause I only see Alan Scott resisting it and even then....just barely...

riv6672
You tell me how they do or dont. Kinda the point if these things.

DarkSaint85
Mr Terrific MIGHT be able to, depending on how PISy you want to get with his intelligence.

After all, his T-spheres were telepathic in nature.

But yes, I would give this quite handily to Red SKull, who would have no qualms about ending things with a mindbolt the instant things go against his team.

riv6672
Nice.

Is he more powerful than Xavier? Because Charles while powerful, has never been portrayed as able to wreck the JSA i dont think.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
Nice.

Is he more powerful than Xavier? Because Charles while powerful, has never been portrayed as able to wreck the JSA i dont think.

Not more powerful, just less moral.

And just before his death, Chuck effortlessly made the entire Avengers roster go to sleep with a single word, including Thor, Hulk, Wolverine etc.

Though Jessica Drew was A-OK lol.

riv6672
Sweet. Thanks for the info.

And, Drew really tanked Xavier's power? Holy crap!

krisblaze
Nice.

Red Skull's feats are still less than Xavier's I'd say, by a huge margin.

It's just that no one here but Scott (and maybe Mr.Terrific) have any telepathic resistance feats. Jean or Emma would be just as devastating stick out tongue

riv6672
Thanks, but i already got the unbiased answer from DS. stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
Sweet. Thanks for the info.

And, Drew really tanked Xavier's power? Holy crap!

Yeah. Apparently SHIELD implants > Phoenix 5 Namor.

krisblaze
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Those Shi'ar telepaths have a thing or two to learn from SHIELD.

Galaxy spanning empire ain't nuthin' to nick fury and his cronies.

DarkSaint85
Here are the scans:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/3674236-2718980-5.png
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/3674232-2718981-6.png

Note how Cap is also down for the count.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hey, Nick Fury can depower gods...

beatboks
Originally posted by krisblaze

It's just that no one here but Scott (and maybe Mr.Terrific) have any telepathic resistance feats. Jean or Emma would be just as devastating stick out tongue

That's not quite correct. Yes Alan has overcome TP before (and powerful TP at that) but he has also succumbed to it. Brainwave Jnr had him but Alan overcame it with his will power. Now BW is aruably above many TPers in TP assault power but lower than those same TPers in mental defense. For example he has stated on panel that he always has thousands of minds going through his. Unlike say Martian manhunter he can't block the thoughts of others out (it's what made him crack and go bad)

I wouldn't say that Terrific has great TP resistance. all his feats vs TPers are actually Nu52 not pre.

Courtney Whitmore however does have protection from mind control courtesy of her cosmic devices. When Obsidian possessed and controlled many JSAers she was unaffected and by merely getting near Hourman 1 Million she freed him. In the Star's and Stripes series she was unaffected by the mental control of some villain who was making entire schools of students do his bidding. I also vaguely recall Jack knight not being affected by mind control or some such from Shade in Robinson's run (i'd have to look that issue up).

I can't recall Jay showing it but Barry is unable to be affected by TP because of the speed his ind works on. Jay has been stated on panel to think and strategize in the pico second so I would say the same applies to him.

Though honestly considering how many of the JSA's main Rogues gallery is littered with powerful TPers who are easily at/above Xavier level who have failed to win that way I don't see TP being the victory bringer. Brainwave, Ultra-Humanite, Psycho Pirate, Wizard, Mordru,

Digi
You tell me how they do or dont. Kinda the point if these things.

OPs can have opinions. But yeah, it's lopsided because of the tp. Alan's left trying to solo the field.

riv6672
Originally posted by Digi
OPs can have opinions. But yeah, it's lopsided because of the tp. Alan's left trying to solo the field.
They can, but so can posts.

Also, odd question:
If this were versus the JLA would the argument have been made that Flash or Superman would speed blitz Skull before he did anything?
There IS a speedster on this team. Maybe not the right one though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.