Cyclops vs Ultimate Green Goblin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MajorSparkman
Battle takes place in a small southern town. In an old-west fashion, there are buildings next to each other in a parallel line to the left and right, with a dirt path leading through it. Past the path a little ways is a clock-tower.

Neither fighter has prep, and are unaware of their opponent's abilities. Right off the bat, Norman is bloodlusted. Scott intends to save the citizens of the town while he deals with Norman by placing them in the clock-tower. For the purposes of this fight, once citizens are in the tower, the Goblin will no longer attempt to take their lives.

Norman simply wants to kill Scott, but will target citizens if he sees him attempting to save them. Aside from Scott saving the townsfolk, morals are off. Discuss!

Pre-Phoenix Scott
Norman without Human Torch abilities

Victory comes from death of opponent.

pym-ftw
How strong is mini hulk? Unless he is like class 80+ scott should drop him solidly

CadenceV2
Originally posted by pym-ftw
How strong is mini hulk? Unless he is like class 80+ scott should drop him solidly

Lol same could be said of Scott to be honest.

Ultimate GG best feats was tanking two all out nova attacks from Human Torch. He also tank all the Anti Hulk weapons dead on with no damage by Shield.

However Scott has feats of nuke level blast. However again GG has sky scraper busting fire attacks.

So in short it can go either way if both decide to go all out.

MajorSparkman
Originally posted by CadenceV2
Lol same could be said of Scott to be honest.

Ultimate GG best feats was tanking two all out nova attacks from Human Torch. He also tank all the Anti Hulk weapons dead on with no damage by Shield.

However Scott has feats of nuke level blast. However again GG has sky scraper busting fire attacks.

So in short it can go either way if both decide to go all out.

I was thinking the same thing, really. It seems to me like the battle could be tipped in either direction. Keep in mind that fighting the Goblin isn't his immediate objective; he needs to save the people of the town. In this scenario, I tried to make it clear that he was attempting to do both at once, save them and fight at the same time. Morals are off, yes, but I feel like the need to get the townsfolk out of harms-way would prevent him from going all-out from the start. So, there is a good chance he could be cornered/beat down if brought into melee range. Just my personal opinion on it.

CadenceV2
Melds is not really needed here then. Cyke is at a bit of a disadvantage. GG fire projection is very wide in AOE and can devastate fortified bunkers. So GG just blasting away is as much a option to kill Cyke or civilians.

With no distractions it can go either way.

MajorSparkman
Melds is not really needed here then. Cyke is at a bit of a disadvantage. GG fire projection is very wide in AOE and can devastate fortified bunkers. So GG just blasting away is as much a option to kill Cyke or civilians.

With no distractions it can go either way.

But with distractions, Gobby?

I have no favorite here, as I made this to hear a few possible outcomes. Saving all citizens isn't needed for victory, but is a personal goal of one combatant. I do agree that it does provide a tad of a disadvantage for Scott, but one that I feel would even out the playing field in a way. With no distractions, I feel Scott could just nuke-level beam his ass. This setting makes the fight a bit more interesting.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by MajorSparkman
But with distractions, Gobby?

I have no favorite here, as I made this to hear a few possible outcomes. Saving all citizens isn't needed for victory, but is a personal goal of one combatant. I do agree that it does provide a tad of a disadvantage for Scott, but one that I feel would even out the playing field in a way. With no distractions, I feel Scott could just nuke-level beam his ass. This setting makes the fight a bit more interesting.

Yes Scott with no distractions could Nuke GG. However GG in the same scenario can burn to ashes Cyke with a building busting explosion that Cyke has no chance of dodging.

So both can one shot the other. GG is tough, but Cyke can one shot him. Cyke has powerful range but would get blown to hell with a shot.

If both went all out that is.

pym-ftw
Scott can put fire out with his blasts and can create beams wider than his body.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Scott can put fire out with his blasts and can create beams wider than his body.

And GG can blast apart military bunkers, destroy 1000s of feet of area at a time, as well melt metal with his presence.

So nothing Scott has will stop from being ash to a blood lusted GG.

krisblaze
And GG can blast apart military bunkers, destroy 1000s of feet of area at a time, as well melt metal with his presence.

So nothing Scott has will stop from being ash to a blood lusted GG.

There's plenty Scott can do.

Takes him half a second to blast Gobin into the nearest galaxy...

CadenceV2
Originally posted by krisblaze
There's plenty Scott can do.

Takes him half a second to blast Gobin into the nearest galaxy...

Considering Wolverine and other characters have easily dodged the blast after they are fired at them says otherwise. GG speed wise keeps up Ultimate Peter.

So hardly a flawless argument stick out tongue

Like I said this can go either way, pick who you like as both range wise can kill the other going all out.

krisblaze
Considering Wolverine and other characters have easily dodged the blast after they are fired at them says otherwise. GG speed wise keeps up Ultimate Peter.

So hardly a flawless argument stick out tongue

Like I said this can go either way, pick who you like as both range wise can kill the other going all out.

Wolverine's never dodged any wide-spray attack no expression

CadenceV2
Wolverine's never dodged any wide-spray attack no expression

Ofcourse not, it's wide spread. The point I was making is no way is Cyclopes definitely faster at taking a shot or reacting to a shot anymore than Ultimate Norman can with his powerful plasma projectiles shown.

krisblaze
Ofcourse not, it's wide spread. The point I was making of is no way is Cyclopes definitely faster at taking a shot or reacting to a shot anymore than Ultimate Norman can with his powerful plasma projectiles shown.

Sure he can.

Cyclops' much faster on the trigger. He has 50 years of being quick on the trigger.

CadenceV2
Sure he can.

Cyclops' much faster on the trigger. He has 50 years of being quick on the trigger.

Ah the classic "my character has more feats of the same thing, thus is better" argument.

Quantity does not trump quality at all with me smile

krisblaze
Ah the classic "my character has more feats of the same thing, thus is better" argument.

Quantity does not trump quality at all with me smile

He'll open his eyes faster than the Green Goblin will hit him with energyblasts...

CadenceV2
He'll open his eyes faster than the Green Goblin will hit him with energyblasts...

I can trump that with GG can think to explode faster, or move his hands faster (ultimate spider man speed) than Scott can open his eyes wink

It's a toss up. Flip a coin.

CadenceV2
Hey MajorSparksmen, do me a favor and link the Comic Vine thread to this thread so they can read this the facts!

Your all Ultimate Haters and Haters going to Hate! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.