Hijab (acceptable or Illegal in USA)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Should the Hijab be banned in schools, public buildings or society in general? What I am asking is; should it be illegal to conceal ones identity in public, or is it acceptable because of a persons religious beliefs? Keeping in mind that if a man were to be seen walking around in public with a ski mask, panty hose, or clown mask covering their faces, they would likely be pulled over, and searched for weapons. Something would be said, and they would likely be told to remove the item that was concealing their identity.

Also I am not talking about scarves, hats, or hair coverings, but the actual concealment of the entire face minus the eyes.

Any comments?

Robtard
To answer your question: No, they should not. If someone wants to dress like a ninja, it's their choice.

One_Angry_Scot
I'll say in the UK you aren't allowed to enter banks, petrol stations, Courtrooms etc with a covering on your face.

And I think in certain areas it shouldn't be allowed. Not because the person who thinks so is being anti Muslim. But because it's how everyone else has to behave. Religious law shouldn't come ahead of the states laws as the right for every citizen to feel safe or for equality for everyone should be maintained.

I'm 100% cool with them walking in a Hijab down a high street but in certain areas where your full identity needs to be seen I don't believe a covering should be worn.

dadudemon
IDGAF what people wear out in public which includes schools.

I value personal freedom far more than I value other people's immoral perception that they can enforce their religious or irreligious beliefs on others. If you want to look like a retard because of some stupid religious belief, so be it.

Sincerely, the Mormon who wears magic underwear.

Stoic
Originally posted by dadudemon
IDGAF what people wear out in public which includes schools.

I value personal freedom far more than I value other people's immoral perception that they can enforce their religious or irreligious beliefs on others. If you want to look like a retard because of some stupid religious belief, so be it.

Sincerely, the Mormon who wears magic underwear.

under garments don't conceal a persons appearance in terms of identity though.

dadudemon
The fact that you think a person's physical identity needs to be identifiable already presents a problem: that's immoral. They shouldn't have to identify themselves to you or anyone. If the government wants to forcefully identify people and track where they are, they need to get a legitimate warrant BEFORE they identify people like that. smile

Basically, you're approaching the topic from a fundamentally flawed perspective. I owe you nothing. I especially do not owe you my identity. You are not a judge. You do not have a warrant from a judge. And you are not law enforcement with a warrant from a judge. My identity is my own.

Now, if you are a business owner and I want to pay for something other than cash, perhaps we can discuss whether or not I need to reveal my identity. But places like Alibaba and Amazon make that almost a moot conversation, these days. big grin I love it.

Edit - Personally, I do not hide my identity, at all (seriously, I can be easily looked up in numerous places). But I think a person should have the right to hide it if they wanted: for religious reasons, too.

riv6672
If you're a nudist, you keep it to certain places.
Same thing should be done with the hijab.

red g jacks
Originally posted by Robtard
To answer your question: No, they should not. If someone wants to dress like a ninja, it's their choice. i remember when i was about 5 or so we were visiting my granddad who lived in the bronx.. we lived in florida. anyway my mom and him were upstairs and me and my sister were downstairs outside his building and a muslim lady walks by with the full get-up on. i immediately ran up stairs and told my mom that "i just saw a real ninja." she was like that's nice. wasn't until years later that i realized what i had actually saw.

Mindset
I think they should be allowed in most places, not sure where I'd draw the line though.

Maybe wherever you're required to show identification.

Or where I think it should be required at any given moment.

Slay
Originally posted by Stoic
Keeping in mind that if a man were to be seen walking around in public with a ski mask, panty hose, or clown mask covering their faces, they would likely be pulled over, and searched for weapons. Something would be said, and they would likely be told to remove the item that was concealing their identity.

no expression

Also, you're talking about niqabs not hijabs. Hijabs only cover the hair and neck, leaving the face completely visible.

Clovie
If I go to some muslim state I have to act according to their laws. if they are comming to other states they need to act according to those states laws and not trying to change them on their own way erm

like in some city they didn't allow to set up a christmass tree. WTF?!

riv6672
Originally posted by Clovie
If I go to some muslim state I have to act according to their laws. if they are comming to other states they need to act according to those states laws and not trying to change them on their own way erm

like in some city they didn't allow to set up a christmass tree. WTF?!
WHOO!!! YEAH! TRUTH BOMB!!!! thumb up

Clovie
huh?

riv6672
I was praising your post.

Clovie
oh, thanks. I wasn't sure.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
I think they should be allowed in most places, not sure where I'd draw the line though.

Maybe wherever you're required to show identification.

Or where I think it should be required at any given moment.
I think the rule of thumb should be that hijabs and burqas can be forbidden in situations where they might cause a public risk or be a danger to their wearers.

If that were a rule, they'd be straight up illegal in Miami or anywhere else that's balls-humid.

Clovie
what's "balls humid" ?

Slay
what's "balls humid" ?
Exceptionally humid.

AsbestosFlaygon
I see nothing wrong with women who choose to cover their hair.
Let them wear what they want to wear, as long as it isn't illegal in the country they reside.

dadudemon
what's "balls humid" ?

Similar to "swamp butt" or "titty pools."

SamZED

like in some city they didn't allow to set up a christmass tree. WTF?! You can go to Syria, Lebanon and other Muslim countries and nobody's going to force you to wear a hijab. It's not a law there. There are exceptions of course like SA. But choosing what you wear while walking down the street shouldn't be regulated by laws IMO. Just think of all the trick or treaters that'll get arrested...

Clovie
but I can't hug or smoke or drink in public erm or wear a mini skirt..

if they wanna wear it, they shouldn't protest about me having a xmass tree on the city square erm or influence what we eat.. there was some issue in sweden about prohibiting pork-food in schools.. because they didn't wanted to eat food made in unproper conditions.. erm

Robtard

if they wanna wear it, they shouldn't protest about me having a xmass tree on the city square erm or influence what we eat.. there was some issue in sweden about prohibiting pork-food in schools.. because they didn't wanted to eat food made in unproper conditions.. erm

I'd be happy to hug you if your were wearing a mini-skirt in whichever Islamic country.

Newjak
I'm fine with them wearing it but their religious beliefs shouldn't circumvent laws.

If they are in a place that is required to observe your identity they need to adhere to the law same as everyone else.

SamZED

if they wanna wear it, they shouldn't protest about me having a xmass tree on the city square erm or influence what we eat.. there was some issue in sweden about prohibiting pork-food in schools.. because they didn't wanted to eat food made in unproper conditions.. erm Actually you can do all of that in the Islamic countries I've mentioned. Don't see what's wrong with them wearing their traditional clothes in public and I don't believe it's fair to forbid them. But I agree there should be exceptions in certain places where showing your id is necessary like airports, visa centers where they need to take your photos etc

AsbestosFlaygon
If hijabs were to be illegalized, might as well illegalize hats and caps.

SamZED
Sunglasses as well.

Bardock42
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/Bardock42/im-sorry-i-thought-this-was-america-randy-marsh-south-park_zpsc5ab104f.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.