Superman vs Marvel Elements

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CadenceV2
Superman

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/character_bio_576_superman_0.jpg

Manthing, Hydroman, Sandman, Zzzax, Human Torch, Electro, and Iceman.

http://img.phombo.com/img1/photocombo/1587664/cache/Comics_Wallpapers_pack_V1.1-48.jpg_Man_Thing_display.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4e/Hydro-Man.jpeg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/5599/180774-193338-sandman.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121125184858/powerlisting/images/2/2d/2394271-zzzax.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/83882/2103919-human_torch_flame_on.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_medium/0/77/210901-66871-electro.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101130030016/powerlisting/images/b/b3/Iceman.jpg

Battle in the city of New Orleans.

8swords
supes tosses the earth into the sun, bite me.

riv6672
^haha

Team should win this. They have versatility and power enough to not get steamrolled, and Man-Thing puts the BFR kibosh on Supes for the win.

krisblaze
I feel like Manthing's the only one who can really hurt Supes.

riv6672
Not really. None of them can beat him, but between them there'll be s fight.
Its not like everything's going to just bounce off Supes.

krisblaze
Sand and flame's going to hurt him? no expression

Half these guys couldn't dent Colossus on a medium day.

riv6672
Okie dokie.

Man-Thing's the only one that can do anything to him. Or Colossus. Its still going to get the win for the team.

pym-ftw
So Man-Thing vs Superman

Bfr is an insta-win for Ted but even in a normal fight Man-Thing is strong enough to throw hands, uhh claws, uhh mud bricks...

riv6672
Mud bricks laughing

krisblaze
Originally posted by riv6672
Okie dokie.

Man-Thing's the only one that can do anything to him. Or Colossus. Its still going to get the win for the team.
Do you have any argument to offer? Other than that you think it's unreasonable for Superman to not be harmed by the Human Torch or Electro?

zopzop
Originally posted by CadenceV2
Superman

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/character_bio_576_superman_0.jpg

Manthing, Hydroman, Sandman, Zzzax, Human Torch, Electro, and Iceman.

http://img.phombo.com/img1/photocombo/1587664/cache/Comics_Wallpapers_pack_V1.1-48.jpg_Man_Thing_display.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4e/Hydro-Man.jpeg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/5599/180774-193338-sandman.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121125184858/powerlisting/images/2/2d/2394271-zzzax.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/83882/2103919-human_torch_flame_on.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_medium/0/77/210901-66871-electro.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101130030016/powerlisting/images/b/b3/Iceman.jpg

Battle in the city of New Orleans.
A half-way serious Superman kills about half the team with a HV blast. He snaps the HT/Electro's neck, then walks away from Zzzzax because he's just that pathetic.

riv6672
Originally posted by krisblaze
Do you have any argument to offer? Other than that you think it's unreasonable for Superman to not be harmed by the Human Torch or Electro?

Just wondering at the enemies in Superman's rogues gallery of equal or lower power than the people on this team who manage to give Superman a fight.
So, i guess what i'm offering, is not so much an argument. As it is a realistic view of Superman.

krisblaze
Just wondering at the enemies in Superman's rogues gallery of equal or lower power than the people on this team who manage to give Superman a fight.
So, i guess what i'm offering, is not so much an argument. As it is a realistic view of Superman.

Who in Superman's rogue gallery is weaker than Sand-Man?

Or any of these, bar peak Iceman and Man-thing?

janus77
Sandman solos by shoving sand up Superman's dick!

riv6672
Who in Superman's rogue gallery is weaker than Sand-Man?

Or any of these, bar peak Iceman and Man-thing?
Instead if asking me, tell me.

Edit:
And lets not get away from the fact that Superman's already lost this fight.

krisblaze
Instead if asking me, tell me.

No one...

His rogues roam conquering the galaxy, they don't get taken out by a sprinkler.

janus77
Isn't Toy Man (Maker?) a "Superman rogue"?

What about Brainiac, there are iterations of him that are quite weak, no?

riv6672
Originally posted by janus77
Isn't Toy Man (Maker?) a "Superman rogue"?

What about Brainiac, there are iterations of him that are quite weak, no?
Heh, i didnt want to do Krisblaze's work for him...

Edit:
Guess if you cant bench press a planet you arent an official Superman rogue.

krisblaze
Heh, DCNU Superman no expression

riv6672
If the win in this versus depended on it, i might do some research.

GroggyGrunt
This would be a cool fight to see.

I think the team would mess up Superman for the first couple minutes of the fight as he's bombarded with so many different attacks, then he puts them all down once he gets his bearings.

riv6672
Originally posted by GroggyGrunt
This would be a cool fight to see.

I think the team would mess up Superman for the first couple minutes of the fight as he's bombarded with so many different attacks, then he puts them all down once he gets his bearings.
Sounds good to me.
Better than him just standing there.
My god DCnu Superman books must be boring as HELL.

krisblaze
Omg Sandman can't hurt him! How do we make these books interesting!

Mind-boggling indeed big grin

CadenceV2
Didn't Ice Man kill a powerful reality warped called Proteus as well froze the very energy attacks of The Stranger, a abstract being? He is a non factor even though he can technically last awhile as a psychic presence after his body is destroyed?

krisblaze
Originally posted by CadenceV2
Didn't Ice Man kill a powerful reality warped called Proteus as well froze the very energy attacks of The Stranger, a abstract being? He is a non factor even though he can technically last awhile as a psychic presence after his body is destroyed?

Did he? Because from what I remember Colossus killed Proteus, and then Magneto, and Utopia-Magneto straight up overpowered him no expression

And the Stranger goes up and down a lot, hell, he's even been afraid of the Hulk and the F4. He's not always an abstract being, and he sure as shit wasn't one in X-Men Forever...

riv6672
Omg Sandman can't hurt him! How do we make these books interesting!

Mind-boggling indeed big grin
Hey, you're the fanboy, if crappy no plot having featcentric books are what you want to read, knock yourself out. big grin

GroggyGrunt
Sounds good to me.
Better than him just standing there.
My god DCnu Superman books must be boring as HELL.

Kapwing!

I think Sandman could get some particles inside Supes and do him some initial harm that way...the electricity guys I see messing with his biocurrents..Iceman and Torch alternate turns tagging him with EXTREME cold and heat (alternate to increase the damage potential)...Man-Thing's acid would probably cause some pain...

Really, the only one I see that has nothing to offer at all is Hydroman. Maybe he can just be living ammo for Iceman. big grin

krisblaze
Hey, you're the fanboy, if crappy no plot having featcentric books are what you want to read, knock yourself out. big grin

Still waiting on those weak rogues or mad feats big grin

Amazing how you'll jump on a thread like this with no phucking clue about either side really.

DarkRaiden
Iceman and Torch can do damage with Absolute zero and Nova temperatures. Plus Iceman can't be put down permanently as long as there's water or moisture in the air or so I've heard.

riv6672
Originally posted by GroggyGrunt
...the electricity guys I see messing with his biocurrents.
Just wanted to point out that Lightning Lads and Lasses used a tandem maneuver using electrons with positive and negative discharges, creating a feedback loop, which worked pretty darn well on Superboy Prime in Legion of 3 Worlds #4.
Krisblaze's incredible bias is not gospel.
Fighting smart, most of these characters can hurt Superman.

Still waiting on those weak rogues or mad feats big grin

Amazing how you'll jump on a thread like this with no phucking clue about either side really.
Ha. I'll admit to that, when YOU admit to jumping on with a complete bias to one character, ready to lowball and disregard anything other characters can and would do because it negatively impacts your stunted world view.

Which means i'll never have to "admit" to anything. smile

CadenceV2
Now kids, I will turn this damn bus around if you don't be quite! That will end your precious field trip pretty damn quick!

riv6672
But daaad, Kris started it, and he's on my side of the seat! sad

maxivitopowe
99% of these characters can't have their necks snapped

CadenceV2
Originally posted by maxivitopowe

That is a fair point.

carver9
Wait a minute...electricity has harmed Superman...badly.

carver9
Just wanted to point out that Lightning Lads and Lasses used a tandem maneuver using electrons with positive and negative discharges, creating a feedback loop, which worked pretty darn well on Superboy Prime in Legion of 3 Worlds #4.
Krisblaze's incredible bias is not gospel.
Fighting smart, most of these characters can hurt Superman.

Ha. I'll admit to that, when YOU admit to jumping on with a complete bias to one character, ready to lowball and disregard anything other characters can and would do because it negatively impacts your stunted world view.

thumb up

riv6672
Oh wow, you changed your sig pic! Who is that?

Sin I AM
Honestly alot of these characters wouldn't work well together. Johnny isnt an elemental and gets oneshot and hydroman and electro/zzax would take each other out upon contact.

tkitna
Superman steamrolls these chumps. Man-Thing is the only one that has anything here for him and I can just see Supes giving him a big thunderclap or a huge blow job with his frost breath.

Anyways, I would love to see this fight just for the fact that the Torch would get his head ripped off.

riv6672
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Honestly alot of these characters wouldn't work well together. Johnny isnt an elemental and gets oneshot and hydroman and electro/zzax would take each other out upon contact.
Sounds like it'd be the three stooges, with super powers laughing out loud

Characters fight at their best....

maxivitopowe
Oh wow, you changed your sig pic! Who is that?

Thor

krisblaze

The feats of other characters (more powerful than these) that harmed Preboot prime are relevant for these guys against DCNU Superman?

I'm asking you how these guys would harm Superman.

Your reply was that he's been given a fight by weaker rogues.

He hasn't.

You continued to claim that? That lightning lad was able to pull some shenanigans and hurt Prime....? Sounds like you don't know anything about the guys fighting Superman either, AND you're apparently confused about what Superman they're fighting...

riv6672
So, you admit nothing.

Thor

Cool...

krisblaze
So, you admit nothing.
Admit to your wild claims? No.

I even said that Man-Thing could hurt Superman, more than a lot of other posters in this thread.

ZopZop, Pym-ftw and Tk-Tina are worse fans than I am? Because they're giving Superman easier wins than I am...

Why can't you just provide stuff relevant to the debate here, you have yet to;

a) Provide a credible way for them to hurt Superman

b) Show DCNU Superman's "weaker" Rogues, that apparently are lesser than these.

Sin I AM
Sounds like it'd be the three stooges, with super powers laughing out loud

Characters fight at their best....

Meh. Honestly if Bobby were better this would be a good match. The others arent gonna help mt at all imo

riv6672
a) Provide a credible way for them to hurt Superman.

Could've sworn i provided a tactic that could be used by the two electricity users on the team.

Oh wait.

You dismissed it because it was used pre reboot. So, since people have been punched using super strength pre reboot, thats no longer a viable tactic either.

Hey folks! Krisblaze has just invalidated every combat tactic used by all DC characters, unless the characters were created after the reboot!

This will make forum fights MUCH more interesting.

laughing

krisblaze
Could've sworn i provided a tactic that could be used by the two electricity users on the team.

Oh wait.

You dismissed it because it was used pre reboot. So, since people have been punched using super strength pre reboot, thats no longer a viable tactic either.

Hey folks! Krisblaze has just invalidated every combat tactic used by all DC characters, unless the characters were created after the reboot!

This will make forum fights MUCH more interesting.

laughing

A tactic used by 2 other characters, who are more powerful and resourceful than the ones in this thread, and also happen to be team-mates no expression

And it wasn't even Superman they attacked, and it wasn't even this Superman they could've attacked.

riv6672
So you agree with me, as:

Could apply to attacks using super strength, speed, tech, magic, TP...

Not to mention the whole "invalidate the tactic because it was used pre reboot" part of your earlier argument, which you conveniently didnt address.

Congratulations, Krisblaze, you just broke the internet.

krisblaze
So you agree with me, as;

Could apply to attacks using super strength, speed, tech, magic, TP...

Not to mention the whole "invalidate the tactic because it was used pre reboot" part of your earlier argument, which you conveniently didnt address.

Congratulations, Krisblaze, you just broke the internet.

I think we should get a rule clarification or something then.

If you really feel that the feats of 2 characters with similar powers should apply to the characters here.

There's just no way you can logically bridge that gap or even make that connection, but if you feel strongly enough about it..

riv6672
The only thing that needs clarification is your understanding of my posts.

I said the same tactic would be viable, in the same way someone'd say nerve strikes worked in one instance on this character who's in the same league power wise as character A, so character B could use the same type of attack in this fight.

Its nothing that hasnt been done here before, except that this time, you're involved; over thinking, nit picking, low balling, disregarding...basically doing what you can to prop up Superman.
In a fight he's already lost.

krisblaze
^There's no proof that the characters in this thread, who have never worked together, is capable of that.

You haven't proven that they're capable of doing it.

Or that they'd be fast enough to catch superman with it.

riv6672
Oh noooz not the dreaded speed rebuttal!
laughing out loud
Took you longer than usual to fall back on the flavor of the month fror Superman getting every win.

Lets see where was i?
"Characters in this thread...never worked together...capable of doing it..."
Get real.
As per the forum rules characters will be at their best. Even random characters thrown together are going to use teamwork; never seen you or anyone else say otherwise.
Are they capable of using a coordinated electrical attack successfully? The fact that the example i cited worked, makes me think it would.
You dont agree? Prove me wrong.
And before you say something like "there's no proof..." Bear in mind that you havent shown any proof other than stating your own opinion.
An opinion based on ignoring the forum rules and selective application of PIS/CIS in Superman's favor.

Oh, yeah, BTW, team wins this versus. thumb up

krisblaze
You're not really familiar with the forum rules then thumb up

You might not know, since you're probably never read any, but there are hundreds of incidents where Superman uses speed that say Sand-Man or Zzax couldn't keep up with. It's not a made up or proxy argument.

Your lightning-lad argument is.

They fight to the full extent of the abilities they've displayed, not the full extent of those abilities...

riv6672
Riiiight, i expected more tired nonsense from you.
I got it.
Please, keep replying. All this does is keep me from getting bored.
The win's gone to the team and now you're just wallowing in misinformation and selective reading, ignoring forum rules and latching onto meaningless arguments.
I'll be sure to remember this creativity...

...when you conveniently argue the opposite in a few days.
This is what makes you a fanboy.
This is why people here think you're sad.

CadenceV2
Everybody is heating up with rage. Drink some ice cold Haterade. It has what raging posters need, electrolytes smile

riv6672
I'm not mad, but i'll let it go; he never will.

Badabing
I'm not sure what's going on in this thread but feats aren't interchangeable. Just because Thor can do a feat with Mjolnir does not mean Beta Ray Bill can do it with Stormbreaker. The same goes with Superman and Shazam. And we go by feats on KMC, not powersets.

Stanor
Superman

shadowknight
Superman wins 10/10

golem370
Mud-Thing- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/mudthing.htm and Man-Thing combine?

riv6672
Good ruling.
Next time i'll specify more clearly that i'm referring to a tactic not a feat.

@Golem370...whoa! eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.