Korra(Book 2) Vs Firelord Ozai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
The Avatar herself takes on her predecessor's old nemesis. the powerful Firelord.

Ozai is amped by the comet(i forgot the name)

Who wins this?

Wei Phoenix
Probably Korra. Aang's main weakness was his desire to not kill Ozai.

yungz22
I think korra was the better fighter of the two.

Seeing as how violence and fighting is not in an airbenders nature and also because korra was a master of 3 elements as a toddler it took aang much longer to master the elements

http://youtu.be/bMnzrUrzX8Q

Based
Korra. Better at three elements than Aang and has the Avatar State.

yungz22
Not to mention korra is actually a rather ruthless fighter lol

pym-ftw
Agreed, Korra wins.

Rikudo sennin
Korra obviously.

Demonic Phoenix
Ozai wins.
Korra isn't noted to have the comet amp applied to her so Ozai one-shots her with Comet amped Lightning. awesome

KingD19
Originally posted by yungz22
I think korra was the better fighter of the two.

Seeing as how violence and fighting is not in an airbenders nature and also because korra was a master of 3 elements as a toddler it took aang much longer to master the elements

http://youtu.be/bMnzrUrzX8Q

I agree Korra wins, but she was not a master as a toddler. Using bending doesn't make you a master. She wasn't deemed a master in Firebending for example by the Order of the White Lotus until she was 16 at the beginning of her adventures.

So if she was between 3 and 5 during that scene, it means it took her at least 13 years to reach the level of master in Firebending, probably a bit earlier for water and Earth isn't stated but we could say it's around the same time frame.

Aang on the other hand mastered Airbending by 12, and by the time he was 114(in the two years from when he came out of the iceberg to defeating Ozai) he'd mastered Waterbending, Earthbending, and Firebending all while fighting a war and only getting short stretches of time to train.

NemeBro
Aang is better than Katara at all four bending arts save maybe firebending as of book 2.

Come on guys.

Korra should win with the Avatar State, but man she was unimpressive with it.

BloodRain
Ozai vs Zaheer?

NemeBro
Ozai would beat book 3 Korra with the Avatar state without a doubt in my mind. She's lost the power and skill of the previous Avatars.

So yeah, I think comet-amped Ozai would probably beat Zaheer. Zaheer's mobility is barely superior, if at all, and Ozai is far more powerful.

Based
Originally posted by KingD19
Using bending doesn't make you a master.

How can you say these two statements at the same time? Aang as a kid never mastered any element besides air. His waterbending was eclipsed by Katara who was noted as a master. Zuko and Toph have told Aang at the series finale that both of those elements "need work."

Sure he had no time to train, I agree. But because of that he didn't master shit.

yungz22
I agree Korra wins, but she was not a master as a toddler. Using bending doesn't make you a master. She wasn't deemed a master in Firebending for example by the Order of the White Lotus until she was 16 at the beginning of her adventures.

So if she was between 3 and 5 during that scene, it means it took her at least 13 years to reach the level of master in Firebending, probably a bit earlier for water and Earth isn't stated but we could say it's around the same time frame.

Aang on the other hand mastered Airbending by 12, and by the time he was 114(in the two years from when he came out of the iceberg to defeating Ozai) he'd mastered Waterbending, Earthbending, and Firebending all while fighting a war and only getting short stretches of time to train.

Either way she was more talented at bending that aang was at an early age

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NemeBro
Korra should win with the Avatar State, but man she was unimpressive with it.

Dude, she freaking took a large chunk out of a mountain top in her fight with Zaheer and used nearly all of her bending to fight Zaheer with. This after the fact that she was beaten up by Zaheer when they attempted the trade. Pretty damn impressive, considering she did all of that while fighting the poison, recovering from the fight with Zaheer(where she also did pretty well despite having restricted mobility) and she one-shotted Ming Hua and The lava guy(forgot his name)

Korra wins this with difficulty imo.

KingD19
Either way she was more talented at bending that aang was at an early age

Lol, not really. Aang didn't even know he was the Avatar until he was 12. And once he found out, he got frozen before he could even attempt to learn the other Elements. You can't really say she was more skilled when you look at it.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Dude, she freaking took a large chunk out of a mountain top in her fight with Zaheer and used nearly all of her bending to fight Zaheer with. This after the fact that she was beaten up by Zaheer when they attempted the trade. Pretty damn impressive, considering she did all of that while fighting the poison, recovering from the fight with Zaheer(where she also did pretty well despite having restricted mobility) and she one-shotted Ming Hua and The lava guy(forgot his name)

Korra wins this with difficulty imo. Compared to Aang who passively reshaped landscapes while in it, lol.

I mostly meant book 2 Korra btw. It's pretty strange indeed that Korra was most impressive using the Avatar State (Not counting when she went kaiju) while technically using its weakest incarnation.

wakkawakkawakka
Sure Book 3 Korra's Avatar State isn't "god-mode" like Aang's but she still shoud be able to outmatch him with Earth and Airbending right?

Wait a minute, is this Korra as powerful as she was during Harmonic Convergence?

KingD19
You're actually saying Korra is better than Aang at Airbending?

wakkawakkawakka
You're actually saying Korra is better than Aang at Airbending?
I was referring to Korra overpowering Ozai with those two elements.

yungz22
Lol, not really. Aang didn't even know he was the Avatar until he was 12. And once he found out, he got frozen before he could even attempt to learn the other Elements. You can't really say she was more skilled when you look at it.

Yes you can because she picked it up faster than aang did thats fact.

King Joker
Korra wins.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by King Joker
Korra wins.

http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/herz.png

This, so much of this. big grin

Based
Yes you can because she picked it up faster than aang did thats fact.

thumb up

SSJGGogeta
If Ozai's amped and Korra's not, then yeah, he wins. However, in an actual fight, like it would happen in the series, Korra obviously wins.

Nephthys
No. It doesn't matter if Ozai is amped or not because Korra has the Avatar State.

And we all saw how Ozai vs the Avatar State went down.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Nephthys
No. It doesn't matter if Ozai is amped or not because Korra has the Avatar State.

And we all saw how Ozai vs the Avatar State went down.

Well as Nemebro said before, Aang with AS and Korra with it are two very different things. He casually changed landscapes with a gesture. Ozai still resisted such a power for a bit though. Just saying, from what I've seen, Korra's AS is massively unimpressive compared to Aang's, and we've seen how a bit of lightning can finish him off.

Nephthys
Nothing AS Aang used against Ozai was more powerful than what AS Korra is capable of throwing out imo. And she has Aang's experiences added, so she can reflect lightning.

yungz22
Nothing AS Aang used against Ozai was more powerful than what AS Korra is capable of throwing out imo. And she has Aang's experiences added, so she can reflect lightning.

you just made the perfect point. avatar state definitely does amass the power of previous avatars i remember that being stated

ares834

Not anymore.

yungz22
Originally posted by ares834
Not anymore.

what are you talking about thats how the avatar state works

KingD19
He's saying Korra lost her connection to all the past Avatars.

Demonic Phoenix
And she has Aang's experiences added, so she can reflect lightning.

Nope.

Ozai one-shots her with Lightning.

wakkawakkawakka
I think the thread now specifies as Book 2 Korra so she does have the powered up Avatar State. In this case Korra wins solidly.

Based
Even without AS, Korra is gonna win provided Sozin Comet works for her too. If not then yeah she'll lose.

King Joker
I think any version of Korra's Avatar State, past lives included or not, could dominate Ozai.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ares834
Not anymore.

This is book 2 Korra. Up until the final episode she does.

NemeBro
Book 2 Korra got son'd every time she brought out the Avatar State to my recollection.

Nephthys
Wrong.

She beat Meelo and Ikki in an airscooter race with it.

wakkawakkawakka
So...we're not counting Blue Monster Korra?

yungz22
Originally posted by NemeBro
Book 2 Korra got son'd every time she brought out the Avatar State to my recollection.

Well she was fighting the dark avatar and vatu who are both stronger than ozai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.