Excalibur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Who in your opinion could remove the sword from the stone other the Arthur. If you think of someone else, please include them in to debate.

My Possible's: Hulk, Thor, Man of Steel, Loki, Captain America or Odin.

RJ 2.0
None of them. It is not a feat of strength. They'll end up looking like this:

53-l7v9onIo

Time Immemorial
Thor or Odin might be able to over come the curse.

BruceSkywalker
nobody as Merlin placed the enchantment which clearly implies Arthur is the only person who can lift Excalibur out of the stone

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
nobody as Merlin placed the enchantment which clearly implies Arthur is the only person who can lift Excalibur out of the stone I forget, was it solely Arthur, or someone of Arthur's character?

Robtard
Urther who was wielding Excalibur at the time placed the enchantment on the sword: "Nobody shall wield Excalibur but me!" *stabs sword into stone*

Then Merlin says: "He who draws the sword from the stone, he shall be king" *looks down at baby Arthur who is cradled in his wizardly arms and says* "Arthur, you're the one."

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
None of them. It is not a feat of strength. They'll end up looking like this:

53-l7v9onIo

So, this then.

Robtard
Yes.

Though most of these guys are strong enough to pick up the boulder the sword in stuck in and smash it, thereby freeing the sword that way.

juggerman
My thoughts exactly

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Robtard
Yes.

Though most of these guys are strong enough to pick up the boulder the sword in stuck in and smash it, thereby freeing the sword that way. That does not meet the conditions of the thread.

FrothByte
So what happens if Thor hangs Mjolnir onto Excalibur, wraps the hand strap around the cross guard, walks away for about a hundred meters then calls Mjolnir to him?

Then we see who's magic is stronger: Odin's or Merlin's?

Time Immemorial
Good questions, how strong is that pull?

RJ 2.0
If they smash the rock to get the sword out, the sword breaks, as it did with Dean.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
So what happens if Thor hangs Mjolnir onto Excalibur, wraps the hand strap around the cross guard, walks away for about a hundred meters then calls Mjolnir to him?

Then we see who's magic is stronger: Odin's or Merlin's?

Merlin's magic probably wasn't keeping the sword in place, it was Excalibur's (The Lady of the Lake's) magic, since Uther called upon the sword's magic to thrust it into the stone while he was the wielder.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.