Do I employ the highest level of grammar on this website

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oneness
Opinions?

If not me, than who?

Breaking the rule of thumb, one cannot claim themselves as #1 in grammatical imminence relative to this forum's user-base.

Sincerely though, does no one notice the way in which my vocabulary has developed to the extreme? Am I not able to recognize and therefore supremely utilize the minutiae of the English language?

Keep in mind this is an individual who was leagues behind almost everyone in the subject of English until his discovery of message boards.

My intent is to become an anomaly in the business success system of the world. Intelligence is a good tool in that respect.

Astner
Last edited by Oneness on Today at 02:29 AM

I see what you did there.

You grammatically ****ed up in your third paragraph, and you also misused the term imminent, and you don't seem to know what minutiae means either.

Well at least you're trying.

Oneness
Originally posted by Astner
Last edited by Oneness on Today at 02:29 AM

Self-editing is an important a skill for real authors. Which is why they pay editors.

No, there were absolutely no errors made.

Imminence translates to; "first and foremost." There're multiple definitions to many words in the English language. Minutiae literally means small, or easily over-looked details pertaining to any subject. English included.

A lot of what I write reads better than most books.

Bardock42
I suppose there is an argument to be had, that, since you use contentless sentences in a grammatically correct form at times, you employ grammar much more than anyone else on this site.

I don't remember a time when you did not write in the manner you do now. But if you had trouble before with grammar, I do think you are now writing, at the very least, sufficiently well. It is always hard to judge one's own ability, when it comes to language, as we don't know what we don't know, in essence we all suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect. At least I know I do, I know Astner definitely does, and I think you do as well.

Robtard
Off the top of my head, Digi is a superior writer to you. But in your defense, iirc, he is some sort of professional writer. Marius is another who has superior writing skills, at least to you. I'm sure there are others, just can't think of them at the moment.

As far as your claim in possessing an "extreme" vocabulary. I get the impression that you have some sort of 'word of the day' calendar of not commonly used words and then create threads for the sole purpose of using your 'new' word.

Best of luck though in achieving your "business success" thumb up

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Off the top of my head, Digi is a superior writer to you. But in your defense, iirc, he is some sort of professional writer. Marius is another who has superior writing skills, at least to you. I'm sure there are others, just can't think of them at the moment.

As far as your claim in possessing an "extreme" vocabulary. I get the impression that you have some sort of 'word of the day' calendar of not commonly used words and then create threads for the sole purpose of using your 'new' word.

Best of luck though in achieving your "business success" thumb up

Yes, I forgot about Digi. He's probably it.

NemeBro
You're okay.

Digi
I felt a disturbance in the Force.

*looks around*

Ah, thanks for the props. I try. Anyway...

Oneness, there are multiple errors that can be pointed out in your OP alone. Some grammatical, but many more in regard to the coherence of your language usage. But we've talked about your coherence - or rather, lack thereof - before. It's not worth reiterating, except to say that you ignored me on multiple occasions, proving that you're probably not worth our time.

The other point is that it doesn't matter. Someone is always better. That goes for everyone, in everything. You should spend less time talking about yourself like you're hot sh*t and more time focused on learning. Because what did you expect? An anonymous internet forum to grovel at your linguistic feet? This is all kinds of silly, though, sadly, par for the course per your posting habits.

I'm glad you think you've improved. I hope you continue to do so. But spare us your haughty diatribes.

Astner
Originally posted by Bardock42
in essence we all suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect. At least I know I do, I know Astner definitely does, and I think you do as well.
Interesting thesis, but it kind of falls short when the individual in question has a Master's degree from one of the most prestigious programmes available.

silver_tears
Yet you're still here just like the rest of us haermm

Astner
Originally posted by silver_tears
Yet you're still here just like the rest of us haermm
Like a doctor without borders I'm here to help.

Oneness
http://memecollection.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/you-underestimate-my-power-2014.jpg

Originally posted by Digi
Oneness, there are multiple errors that can be pointed out in your OP alone. Some grammatical, but many more in regard to the coherence of your language usage. I doubt it, but point away.

dadudemon
Interesting thesis, but it kind of falls short when the individual in question has a Master's degree from one of the most prestigious programmes available.

I found your spelling of that word interesting because I recently read this article:

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/get-with-the-programme/

Some words, you use American English spellings. Other words, you use British English spellings: quite interesting. Why the linguistic amalgamation?

Digi
Internet posturing should be a sport.

Oneness
Originally posted by dadudemon
I found your spelling of that word interesting because I recently read this article:

Some words, you use American English spellings. Other words, you use British English spellings: quite interesting. Why the linguistic amalgamation? First of all, Max is not Swedish.

Second, he wants to sound smart so he uses the British spelling.

A classic example of psuedo-intellectualism.

Slay
Some words, you use American English spellings. Other words, you use British English spellings: quite interesting. Why the linguistic amalgamation?

Allow me to explain, as I have the same problem:

In most Western European nations, schools teach their students to speak British English while the students themselves are more influenced by American music, television, films etc. This leads to constant mixing of American and British English, both in writing and pronunciation.

NemeBro
I do it for beauty.

Color > Colour

Armour > Armor

IMO anyway.

It's xyz!
Everyone thinks they are more important than everyone else. Everyone believes that their problems are more important than other people's problems, that their jokes are better than other people's jokes, and that in general, they are much more concerned about themselves than they are with others. In fact, a lot of people believe that they make an impact or are relevant to other people, the truth is that no one is significant to anyone else any more than their own self.

In other words, we're too busy stroking our own egos to notice you Oneness. Stop trying.

Oneness
Internet posturing should be a sport. I'm being for real, what grammatical and semantic errors did I make!?

Originally posted by It's xyz!
Everyone thinks they are more important than everyone else. Everyone believes that their problems are more important than other people's problems, that their jokes are better than other people's jokes, and that in general, they are much more concerned about themselves than they are with others. In fact, a lot of people believe that they make an impact or are relevant to other people, the truth is that no one is significant to anyone else any more than their own self.

In other words, we're too busy stroking our own egos to notice you Oneness. Stop trying. I'm far more of a megalomaniac than any of you.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Oneness
Opinions?

If not me, than who?

That should be "then", not "than".

I don't know if using "cannot" instead of "can not" is technically improper but it sure is ugly. Stop doing it!

There should probably be a comma after "recognize", as well as "therefore" IMO but using one there is technically speaking not necessary I don't think.

Can't see anything wrong here. Maybe a comma after "keep in mind" since I was taught to put a comma after transition words, but I'm admittedly not sure if that qualifies.

In general, I would recommend you cut down the super lulintellectual words like "imminence" or "minutiae". Having a large vocabulary is a good thing. However, when you hamfistedly shove esoteric and unusual words into your posts it makes it more awkward to read, and tryhardy.

Maybe Digi can spot more errors.

Digi
I doubt it, but point away.

This is dumb. An arrogant reply when I or others could be helping you in a far less antagonistic setting. Anyway, lemme bust out my red pen...

If not me, than who?

Then*, not than.

Breaking the rule of thumb, one cannot claim themselves as #1 in grammatical imminence relative to this forum's user-base.

This is more coherence than grammar (notice the correct usage of 'than'...take notes), though there's one mistake I'll get to in a moment. But you haven't established the "rule of thumb" so we don't know what you're referring to when you say you're breaking it. Rules of thumb are commonly understood, to the point of cultural ubiquity. Clearly, no such rule exists on KMC.

Also, I believe you meant to use 'eminence' instead of 'imminence' there. So there's your 2nd grammatical mistake.

Sincerely though, does no one notice the way in which my vocabulary has developed to the extreme?

Again, this is technically correct, but is an awkward usage of the word 'extreme.'

Am I not able to recognize and therefore supremely utilize the minutiae of the English language?

I've used the phrase "word soup" to describe your writing before, and you're guilty of it again here. Nothing about this sentence is technically incorrect, but it's an extremely awkward way of phrasing it. I can't think of a setting, personal or professional, where this would seem contextually normal.

Keep in mind this is an individual who was leagues behind almost everyone in the subject of English until his discovery of message boards.

Good for you; I'm glad you've improved. But again, improvement is not mastery, which you are still far from.

My intent is to become an anomaly in the business success system of the world. Intelligence is a good tool in that respect.

This straddles the line between word soup and just plain wrong. The first sentence sounds like a foreign language speaker trying to say something in English. We understand what you mean, but you took a very obtuse path to that meaning.

In the second sentence, you fail to identify to what you're referring to. "...in that respect." In WHAT respect? Intelligence is a good tool in becoming an anomaly in the business success system of the world? Maybe the first sentence dooms the second, but it's all just awkwardly phrased. As Neme said, try to avoid big words unless you're absolutely sure of their usage. Otherwise, your language sounds forced.

Here's the point: that was a few lines that you were using to say you're the best at this. And they're not good. I won't say they're terrible, but they're not good. And this is among hundreds of posts you've written, many much worse.

So, eat some humble pie. You're probably a smart kid, but this egotistical indignation isn't helping.

NemeBro
I didn't even spot that he misused imminence, lol, wow.

I'd agree that Dolos' main problem seems to be a disturbing propensity toward purple prose. It's like reading fanfiction sometimes, in terms of how virtually incoherent his wording is.

Digi
Purple prose? I hadn't encountered that term and had to google it. Thanks.

Also, Neme's not wrong with his comments on comma usage, it's just that the ones he mentioned are likely optional. Your chief problems lie elsewhere.

Digi
Oneness: study Hemingway, if you want an entry point that won't bore you to death. He never used an ornate word when a simple one would suffice. His works are a master class in linguistic and grammatical austerity. You'd benefit from taking a few pointers from his style.

NemeBro
Purple prose? I hadn't encountered that term and had to google it. Thanks.

Also, Neme's not wrong with his comments on comma usage, it's just that the ones he mentioned are likely optional. Your chief problems lie elsewhere. It can be done well (William Faulkner and some would say HP Lovecraft do it pretty well), or wrong, and Dolos certainly does it wrong.

I mean, Dolos, I've seen much worse. Your posts aren't indecipherable. However, your love for obtuse wording and sentence structure doesn't help your writing, rather, it hinders it.

Also **** Digi my comments on comma usage are not optional. Aesthetic excellence is its own reward. thumb up

NemeBro
Oneness: study Hemingway, if you want an entry point that won't bore you to death. He never used an ornate word when a simple one would suffice. His works are a master class in linguistic and grammatical austerity. You'd benefit from taking a few pointers from his style. The anti-Faulkner. Good suggestion. thumb up

Astner

Coolness factor, like with vizor and visor.

When writing professionally I stick with British even though I don't like it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by NemeBro
The anti-Faulkner. Good suggestion. thumb up

Oneness: study Hemingway, if you want an entry point that won't bore you to death. He never used an ornate word when a simple one would suffice. His works are a master class in linguistic and grammatical austerity. You'd benefit from taking a few pointers from his style.

It can be done well (William Faulkner and some would say HP Lovecraft do it pretty well), or wrong, and Dolos certainly does it wrong.

I mean, Dolos, I've seen much worse. Your posts aren't indecipherable. However, your love for obtuse wording and sentence structure doesn't help your writing, rather, it hinders it.

Also **** Digi my comments on comma usage are not optional. Aesthetic excellence is its own reward. thumb up

lol

Behold:

It wasn't just Hemingway who criticized him, though. Hemingway was Faulkner's polar opposite, though. I think someone should hand GRRM a few Hemingway pieces. Hemingway succeeded in creating the same sensory as GRRM but with FAAAAAAAAAAAR fewer words. Hemingway was a damn good writer. smile

Get ideas on how to descriptive write from William Faulkner. Then contrast that with Ernest Hemingway's ultra-minimalist style. Take a bit from each and then create your own writing style.

dadudemon
Coolness factor, like with vizor and visor.

When writing professionally I stick with British even though I don't like it.

K.

You have my permission to keep doing what you're doing.

Digi
Also **** Digi my comments on comma usage are not optional.

laughing out loud

Astner
George R.R. Martin and Ernst Hemingway have two completely different writing styles. Hemingway never described thoughts or emotions while Martin uses them extensively. On top of that Hemngway wrote short stories while Martin writes a novel series.

Oneness

Oneness
Here's where that sub-vocalization comes in handy.

Only two errors made when reading a relatively complex paragraph in 68 seconds:

Dq0qKTjF2wE

Bardock42

On the contrary, being adept in one field makes you even more prone to incorrectly assume you excel at others. There is an informal term for that, btw, it's called Engineers' Syndrome.

On the error spotting front; "pseudo" not "psuedo"

Oneness
On the contrary, being adept in one field makes you even more prone to incorrectly assume one excels at others. There is an informal term for that, btw, it's called Engineers' Syndrome. Not necessarily; to quote my profile page:

"The creativity of people on the schizophrenic end of the human continuum is a creativity that springs from the inability to accept the standardized cultural denials of the real nature of experience. And the price of this kind of almost "extra human" creativity is to live on the brink of madness, as men have long known."

-Ernest Becker, The Denial of Death

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern."

-William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

Oneness
You do know I was stupid drunk as I made the OP?

As I am now?

When I've transformed myself I'll not need drugs. Can you imagine the possibilities of my potential?

Oneness
Bumpaholic.

I crave Digi's appraisal.

You know, being an intelligent individual and all.

Bardock42

Oneness
What just happened.... SStahp, you're nonsense.

Astner
On the contrary, being adept in one field makes you even more prone to incorrectly assume you excel at others. There is an informal term for that, btw, it's called Engineers' Syndrome.

On the error spotting front; "pseudo" not "psuedo"
You're criticizing my English?

I had straight A's throughout my high-school years, in which I took three English courses each one over a period of two semesters. Most of my course literature in University was written in English. I communicate with most of my clients in English. I read English-written novel series on a regular basis.

Now it's interesting that you bring up a typo rather than an actual grammatical error, because typos frequently occur throughout all professional reports. Hence why even professional authors proof-read their own work and then have other people do another proof-reading.

Oneness

I had straight A's throughout my high-school years, in which I took three English courses each one over a period of two semesters. Most of my course literature in University was written in English. I communicate with most of my clients in English. I read English-written novel series on a regular basis.

Now it's interesting that you bring up a typo rather than an actual grammatical error, because typos frequently occur throughout all professional reports. Hence why even professional authors proof-read their own work and then have other people do another proof-reading. Straight A's is a sign of dependence on the curriculum, MAXIPADS!

Astner
Straight A's is a sign of dependence on the curriculum,
How?

Bardock42

Now it's interesting that you bring up a typo rather than an actual grammatical error, because typos frequently occur throughout all professional reports. Hence why even professional authors proof-read their own work and then have other people do another proof-reading.
I wasn't criticising you, or your English. The only thing that I said, in a roundabout way, is that you overestimate your skills in English (like I do, and like Oneness does). However, this exchange makes me seriously question your reading comprehension. The error I pointed out, was not done by you, but by Oneness.

Oh, also, I had an F in 8th grade English, if that makes you feel better.

Oneness
How? You do things in the professor's way, not your own.

Unlike me. Whose methods often disagree or inhibit my final grade.

Oneness
I wasn't criticising you, or your English. The only thing that I said, in a roundabout way, is that you overestimate your skills in English (like I do, and like Oneness does). However, this exchange makes me seriously question your reading comprehension. The error I pointed out, was not done by you, but by Oneness.

Oh, also, I had an F in 8th grade English, if that makes you feel better. I do not. I'm merely under the influence of drugs, and am I not prodigious?

In a few months you'll realize so, when I decimate Digi in an argument.

Bardock42
I do not. I'm merely under the influence of drugs, and am I not prodigious?

In a few months you'll realize so, when I decimate Digi in an argument.

Winning arguments and having impeccable grammar are only marginally related.

Astner
I'm sure I've made the very same mistake, and since you were quoting me and not Oneness naturally I assumed that you criticized me. Either way it's not indicative of anything other than carelessness.

Oh, also, I had an F in 8th grade English, if that makes you feel better.
Right, but you also regularly **** up grammatically, even in this very post.

Said is past tense, is is present.

Bardock42
I'm sure I've made the very same mistake, and since you were quoting me and not Oneness naturally I assumed that you criticized me. Either way it's not indicative of anything other than carelessness.

Right, but you also regularly **** up grammatically, even in this very post.

Said is past tense, is is present.

This works a lot better when the person you are trying to correct is very arrogant about their skills. I, on the other hand, in the very post you quoted, said that my skills are not anywhere near perfect.

I think your behaviour and pompousness in the last couple posts just support my point that you overestimate your skills.

Oneness
Winning arguments and having impeccable grammar are only marginally related. Is a superior cognitive thought-process not omni-applicable?

Do you doubt my > thoughts per second than anyone? Even this guy?

You'd be erroneous not to. He has no street smarts, I do, yet we suffer from the same ailment.

Astner
You do things in the professor's way, not your own.

Unlike me. Whose methods often disagree or inhibit my final grade.
As in writing a review of a book I didn't want to read, like Of Mice and Men? Sure, but if I would've had it my way I would've written my own novel instead of writing exams and performing oral presentations.

But that would've made it difficult for my teacher to grade me according to the curriculum which expects a more general examination of my abilities in that field. Besides, at the end of the day most employers couldn't give two shits in regard to how good you are at writing stories.

Bardock42
Sure, but if I would've had it my way I'd write my own novel instead of writing exams and perform oral presentations.

Astner

Don't you have some off's to f*ck?

Digi

Oneness

dadudemon
George R.R. Martin and Ernst Hemingway have two completely different writing styles.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140820213305/sailormoon/images/e/e0/You_don't_say-.jpg

Hemngway wrote short stories while Martin writes a novel series.

False:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Hemingway_bibliography#Novels

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/bibliography/

smile

The Renegade
and create an equivalent city to that of 01 from The Animatrix: The Second Rennaissance.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/emb1.gif

Oneness

NemeBro
I do not. I'm merely under the influence of drugs, and am I not prodigious?

In a few months you'll realize so, when I decimate Digi in an argument. You're going to destroy a tenth of him?

That still leaves 9/10's left to oppose you.

Bardock42
You're going to destroy a tenth of him?

This guy I know, one of his biggest pet peeves is the incorrect usage of the word decimate. tbh, I think that battle is lost, though.

NemeBro
At this point the meaning of "decimate" has changed so much that I wouldn't legitimately fault someone's use of it to be honest.

Oneness
Originally posted by The Renegade
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/emb1.gif React however you want.

I particularly enjoyed the way in which their industry put corrupt coorporate tycoons out of commission, without stooping to real-life illegitimate biusiness practices. Like manufactoring consent, putting the space-industry out of commission, and creating wealth out of thin-air.

dadudemon
You're going to destroy a tenth of him?

Lame. No one uses your definition these days except pedants:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/decimate

": to destroy a large number of (plants, animals, people, etc.)

: to severely damage or destroy a large part of (something)"

NemeBro
Lame. No one uses your definition these days except pedants:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/decimate

": to destroy a large number of (plants, animals, people, etc.)

: to severely damage or destroy a large part of (something)" I already said that though.

Bardock42
And I said that before that.

dadudemon
I already said that though.

You follow-up comment doesn't count because you already made the mistake, bro.

And I said that before that.

Your comment doesn't count because I didn't read it. It only exists after I read it.

Digi
All this idiocy aside, I do enjoy that I'm the yardstick for his progress. Apparently he'll have arrived at superhuman grammar and debating skills when he defeats me on the hallowed fields of KMC.

I heartily approve. The rest of you are free to use me as the standard by which to compare your own ascents toward godhood.

Robtard
All this idiocy aside, I do enjoy that I'm the yardstick for his progress. Apparently he'll have arrived at superhuman grammar and debating skills when he defeats me on the hallowed fields of KMC.

I heartily approve. The rest of you are free to use me as the standard by which to compare your own ascents toward godhood.

You realize that if you deny his challenges, you then hold his ascension/evolution/transcendence/kwisatz haderach-ing/whatever-else-he's-claimed in your hands.

Bardock42

Oh I do, I have progressed from 1.5 Digis to over 4 Digis in the last year alone.

Digi
You realize that if you deny his challenges, you then hold his ascension/evolution/transcendence/kwisatz haderach-ing/whatever-else-he's-claimed in your hands.

Heh. I'm actually weening myself off of KMC again after a rash of activity in the Battlezone forum that dragged me back for a time. By the time Oneness hits 9000, I hope to be all but gone from the forums, which in recent years have become nothing but a time thief (with a few notable exceptions, though none in this forum, certainly).

I have a feeling he'd be disappointed anyway, what with no choir of trumpets heralding his victory. I can't be the harbinger of such a letdown. He'd forever associate me with his failed apotheosis. I can't handle that pressure, dude.

Oh I do, I have progressed from 1.5 Digis to over 4 Digis in the last year alone.

laughing out loud

4 Digis?! Impossible.

AsbestosFlaygon

If not me, than who?

Right...

NemeBro

313 I'm Digi^7

Oneness

You never hit the mark; not an inhuman, not a polymath (although close), not a genius, not the shortening of the way, but the very first mind with no pre-frontal cortex 'turned-on' to negate 'free-thinking'; and with the metabolism of Marvel's post-SSS Steve Rogers to boot (imagine the brain-power that such a metabolic-rate would afford). With the anti-senescence gene (dual-growth of nucleic strands) switched on because I've tricked my body into thinking it's 'fit for survival' in a purely primal setting, youth can be sustained far longer even given the extra wear-and-tear of an absolute metabolism. There's nothing inhuman about any of it, some people have the myostatin gene, few don't and their muscles develop without ample exercise. It's all in the nucleic acid.

As I said, I need no particular competitor. There's a uniquely superior aspect to the writing-styles of all of the greatest authors; whom are each "imminent" masters of each and every single language on earth, respectively, in those aspects.

Am I not to be omni-linguistically superior in every single one of these aspects?

I'm going to let that sink in.

Digi
As I said, I need no particular competitor.

Ducking our showdown that would prove your ascendency? Typical. How will you create the Matrix if you can't rap battle me?

There's a uniquely superior aspect to the writing-styles of all of the greatest authors; whom are each "imminent" masters of each and every single language on earth, respectively, in those aspects.

I do love that you're not only sticking with but flaunting imminent. There's still no usage of that word that works. The hilarious part is that he uses eminent to describe a writer in his example in the link. I couldn't have planned it any better.

Oneness
Ducking our showdown that would prove your ascendency? Typical. How will you create the Matrix if you can't rap battle me?

I do love that you're not only sticking with but flaunting imminent. There's still no usage of that word that works. The hilarious part is that he uses eminent to describe a writer in his example in the link. I couldn't have planned it any better. I had originally used the correct word, then. Thanks for clearing that up, because as you can see the first definition literally says "recognized superiority".

Oneness
Or immenent may have actually been better, as in; "the hierarchy stops here".

It can be made to work either way; literary superiority is a gray area, because no two people have the same writing-style. The eminent writers of KMC have all developed equally, but also uniquely, advanced methods in their writing-style. Therefore, for high-caliber writers, whoever would be picked would be picked out of preference.

Oneness
a423vpZ5m_o

Digi
I had originally used the correct word, then. Thanks for clearing that up, because as you can see the first definition literally says "recognized superiority".

Not quite. You used it incorrectly, I corrected you, then you tried to correct me, incorrectly, and used it incorrectly...again. In big 'ol quotes so everyone would know what an "imminent" chap you are. So you're incorrect yet again in this post, saying you originally used the correct word. You didn't. You incorrectly used the incorrect word, and in this case two wrongs didn't make a right. So now, at least, you're correctly using the correct term, though you're incorrectly saying that you correctly used it originally. Correct?

We should swap avatars. It is you who is the Superior Spider-Man.

The eminent writers of KMC have all developed equally, but also uniquely, advanced methods with their writing-style.

This is an internet forum, and a small one at that. "Eminent" applies to none of us.

Oneness
Not quite. You used it incorrectly, I corrected you, then you tried to correct me, incorrectly, and used it incorrectly...again. In big 'ol quotes so everyone would know what an "imminent" chap you are.

It worked for how I was using it in the second and third examples, precisely the way in which I described; the terminal point of the proverbial hierarchy.

In the next post, I described precisely how it was functional for my purposes.

Perhaps I unwittingly used it correctly. Or, we could think of it as me just doing what I do best, exploiting the inherent flaws in the opposing argument to restate my original hypothesis in a new way, yet without revising it.

Doc Oc, in your flesh.

It does, albeit relatively.

Oneness
Don't fret. If it's any consolation, certain words are very broad in their meanings. It'd be exhaustively difficult to construct a flawless counter-argument designed specifically to enclose such meanings.

If there's a flaw, then rest assured, I will find it.

Addendum: Perhaps for me, it's becoming increasingly paramount to put more emphasis on time, as well. My internet activity will hit a paroxysmal halt after tonight.

Digi
The whole correct/incorrect thing was me screwing around. With the joke well over your head, I can't be bothered to care about what you do and don't understand.

It's your tone, though. It's what's so repugnant. Forget the nonsensical plans and whatever else. If you were the least bit empathetic, the rest would actually be palatable.

Anyway, thanks for the amusement. Get back to me when you're Neo.

Oneness
The whole correct/incorrect thing was me screwing around. With the joke well over your head, I can't be bothered to care about what you do and don't understand.

It's your tone, though. It's what's so repugnant. Forget the nonsensical plans and whatever else. If you were the least bit empathetic, the rest would actually be palatable.

I'm sure if I had not taken this route, I would be able to empathize with others. For now, unfortunately, I can only empathize with myself.

You can call it me being about my shit.

Gah! I did it again. Forgive the abrasive language, apathy is a hell of a drug.

At least I'm moral, the immoral wolves of wall-street who have interests in Iranian Oil are the root of all evil. The root cause, and I mean that quite literally.

For all I know, the IRA vans have been driving around my house; collecting very private and personal digital information for their psyche-profile.

Ditto.

Get back to me when you're Neo. I gawk at the implications. Neo was good at hitting, not much else.

Robtard
You never hit the mark; not an inhuman, not a polymath (although close), not a genius, not the shortening of the way, but the very first mind with no pre-frontal cortex 'turned-on' to negate 'free-thinking'; and with the metabolism of Marvel's post-SSS Steve Rogers to boot (imagine the brain-power that such a metabolic-rate would afford). With the anti-senescence gene (dual-growth of nucleic strands) switched on because I've tricked my body into thinking it's 'fit for survival' in a purely primal setting, youth can be sustained far longer even given the extra wear-and-tear of an absolute metabolism. There's nothing inhuman about any of it, some people have the myostatin gene, few don't and their muscles develop without ample exercise. It's all in the nucleic acid.

As I said, I need no particular competitor. There's a uniquely superior aspect to the writing-styles of all of the greatest authors; whom are each "imminent" masters of each and every single language on earth, respectively, in those aspects.

Am I not to be omni-linguistically superior in every single one of these aspects?

I'm going to let that sink in.

http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/mind-blown/picgifs-mind-blown-774951.gif

Back in 2008: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=486655&highlight=myostatin+userid%3A73571

Oneness
*NRA

http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/mind-blown/picgifs-mind-blown-774951.gif

Back in 2008: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=486655&highlight=myostatin+userid%3A73571 A nigh-infinitesimally altered nucleotide sequence, super does not one make. Naturally, it can only be changed ever-so-slightly. However, finding a way to create a molecular climate in which most of the nucleic strands opt for dual-growth, holds far more potential for nucleic alteration than does a mere excess of follistatin. More than longevity, when the strands grow in both directions many changes may occur to the way in which everything is sequenced.

Oneness
Most of the mutations should be trimmed, most viably through nano-surgery.

Although if there's a natural biological trigger for said alteration, as Epicurus' thread would indicate, such dual-growth would be very controlled and any mutations would be insignificant to the overall sequence - the integrity of the DnA would remain untarnished. In fact, it'd probably be improved. Ipso facto; longevity.

dadudemon
Most of the mutations should be trimmed, most viably through nano-surgery.

No, they should use the real science stuff called gene therapy.

Go google search that and tell me how much you like it.

AbnormalButSane
Opinions?

If not me, than who?

Sincerely though, does no one notice the way in which my vocabulary has developed to the extreme? Am I not able to recognize and therefore supremely utilize the minutiae of the English language?

No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.