Round 3: [2014] Ultimate Agents, Assassins, and Operators

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
2014 Ultimate Agents, Assassins and Operators Championship

The tournament continues from Round 2

Round 2 was finished by 5 votes. Thank you for those who voted.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2qn7bc8.jpg

The Detailed Results:

* Jason Bourne (5) vs Bob Lee Swagger (0)
* 47 (4) vs Ethan Hunt (1)
* Bryan Mills (3) vs Todd (2)
* Jack Bauer (4) vs Bond (Craig) (1)

Clean sweep by Bourne.

The rules again:

............................................................................................

**** Please cast your votes for Round 3. ****

Post who you think will win in each bracket (M-N).

You can include the details (who wins which category).

Posts which do not include the winners of ALL brackets will not be counted.

Votes will be tallied in when at least 7 (subject to change based on responses) votes have been received.

Lestov16
47 vs Bourne: This is a tough one, but I would edge it out to 47. His H2H is definitely on par with Bourne (end fight in library) and his skills are amped due to eugenics shown in the beginning.

Mills vs Bauer: This is also a tough one, but I would edge it out to Bauer. His skill in H2H rivals Mills, and Bauer snaps necks instantly whereas Mills has to struggle for a moment, his killcount and ability to perform a task in a limited timeframe definitely exceeds Mills, his durability also definitely exceeds Mills, as Bauer was in a plane crash, had a tree branch embedded in his leg, ripped it out, and hours later killed a man by running up a wall and snapping his neck.

This was a great round 3. If you are interested, I could PM you with multiple characters for your next tournament.

Placidity
Originally posted by Lestov16

This was a great round 3. If you are interested, I could PM you with multiple characters for your next tournament.

Lets see what you have in mind.

But really, the turn out is extremely sub par, not sure I will make another tournament thread for a while.

Robtard

Mills

Stanor
Originally posted by Lestov16
47 vs Bourne: This is a tough one, but I would edge it out to 47. His H2H is definitely on par with Bourne (end fight in library) and his skills are amped due to eugenics shown in the beginning.

Mills vs Bauer: This is also a tough one, but I would edge it out to Bauer. His skill in H2H rivals Mills, and Bauer snaps necks instantly whereas Mills has to struggle for a moment, his killcount and ability to perform a task in a limited timeframe definitely exceeds Mills, his durability also definitely exceeds Mills, as Bauer was in a plane crash, had a tree branch embedded in his leg, ripped it out, and hours later killed a man by running up a wall and snapping his neck.

Agreed,

Placidity
Bump.

I am going to re-watch Hitman before voting.

Placidity
I would thought there would be votes towards the final.

Watched Hitman again, this is much closer than I thought.

Bourne vs 47: Bourne

1. H2H/Unarmed Fight

47 had two H2H scenes, none of which was anything special next to Bourne's scenes. Bourne seems faster, and has often shown he can dispatch multiple agents at once. Because Bourne has more feats, I have to give him the edge.

2. Pistol Shootout (Standard USP 9mm)

I'd give 47 the nod. Bourne had one excellent shot though, the headshot on Conklin's man running up the stairs while he was free-falling.

3. Intelligence / Cunning

Bourne.

4. Capabilities (Well rounded knowledge and skills - excluding firearms and fighting)

Hard to say, I'd give a tie.

5. X Factor - Unknown mission - who would you rather send?

I didn't plan on this, but looks like an impasse. I'll settle this by going with who would fair better in the other's scenario in the film. I don't think Bourne could accomplish what 47 did in the same way, but he could get the job done, or close to.

47 on the other hand would likely clear Bourne Identity, but probably not 2 and 3. He hasn't demonstrated the durability or range of skills required. I have to give this to Bourne.

Also the point about 47 being enhanced - so is Bourne. Treadstone assets were taking the performance enhancing pills, which The Professor (Clive Owen) mentioned in Identity. Not only do the pills enhance physical stats, but also mental abilities. The Professor also talked about the side effects of the pills (headaches). This raises two important points:

1. Bourne was off the pills, but was clearly still able to keep up with the rest of them (who were on pills).

2. Going off the pills would trigger severe withdrawal symptoms. Bourne never displayed this (takes a few days for it to kick in, Bourne was unconscious for a day at most and then he was on the boat and was never seen affected), is it possible he was viralled-off like Outcome agents?

Bauer vs Mills: Bauer

1. H2H/Unarmed Fight

Tough call, I have to give it to Mills. There was one scene in Taken 1 where Mills walks into the room *unarmed* and takes them all down. I don't think Bauer would've pulled it off. On the other hand, Bauer is MUCH tougher, which may nullify the skill gap. It's been awhile since I watched 24, but Mills for the slight edge.

2. Pistol Shootout (Standard USP 9mm)

Bauer.

3. Intelligence / Cunning

Bauer. I'm afraid Bauer has had much more opportunity to demonstrate this. Bauer could replicate Mill's outcome in Taken 1 and 2 *easily*. Mills on the other hand, I cannot say with any confidence, would have the same success as Bauer in any season of 24. I am referring to the intelligence/cunning required here.

4. Capabilities (Well rounded knowledge and skills - excluding firearms and fighting)

From what little Mills has shown, Bauer wins this by a mile.

5. X Factor - Unknown mission - who would you rather send?

Bauer.

Darth Martin
May have to watch Hitman again but Mills gets the edge overBauer. He is clearly the superior H2H combatant and works without support whereas Bauer generally has help. Don't get me wrong; Bauer is a better agent but in a straight up fight Mills would win......

....which leads me to question how Bauer beat Bond.

Placidity
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Don't get me wrong; Bauer is a better agent but in a straight up fight Mills would win......

Then you should vote Bauer smile . H2H is only part of it. Its about who is the better agent overall.

Darth Martin
The only thing that makes me question him over Mills is his knack for getting captured. But on the other hand he's shown the ability to tank way more torture and harm in general than Mills.

Darth Martin
Either way, Bourne definitely out classes Bauer. Only areas Bauer would do better in are things like undercover assignments, flying aircraft (never seen Bourne do this), and interrogations. Any sort of combat and Bourne wrecks Bauer.

Placidity
Bump.

Final round will be posted soon no matter what.

Get your vote in.

Lestov16
47: outright rips off ears and stomps heads in H2H with ease. He's also taken on multiple hostiles at once with ease. He did practically everything with ease. He also seems to be a better assassin.

Bauer: pretty much the archetype Mills is based on. Way smarter and way higher strength/durability.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.