What do people think of Denetrius Vidian as a villian?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Vidian is the latest baddie from A New Dawn, and one of the first major villians in new canon (excluding the rogue Imperial in Ezra's Gamble). He's a cruel, self-serving bully with a chip on his shoulder and microchips in his head. Aside from the slightly cheesy name, I think he's a pretty unique villain. What does everyone else think?

Trocity
I haven't had a chance to read AND yet but I agree, that name just sounds like they were trying too hard to make it "cool."

King Joker
He's okay, I guess. I don't find him especially interesting at the moment. I didn't finish the book yet.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Trocity
I haven't had a chance to read AND yet but I agree, that name just sounds like they were trying too hard to make it "cool."

Sounds like something from Harry Potter tbh.

Q99
Star Wars is full of bad names smile

NewGuy01
Like Cade. shifty

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Sounds like something from Harry Potter tbh.

I would agree.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Like Cade. shifty

And Darth Crate http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2811/36/97/52/smiles/1702231425.gif

Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I would agree.

Anyways, apologies for derailing the thread Abonis. So i wanted ask if A New Dawn is worth buying? or am i better off leaving that untouched?

Q99
Kit Fisto, Boba Fett, and don't tell me that 90% of Darth names aren't incredibly blatant.

Really, the series we love has horrible names all over ^^

chilled monkey
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Like Cade. shifty

You kidding? Cade is one of the cooler SW names.

Originally posted by Q99
LikeKit Fisto, Boba Fett,

I don't see any problem with "Boba Fett." Sounds fine to me.

Originally posted by Q99
Like and don't tell me that 90% of Darth names aren't incredibly blatant.

Nothing wrong with that. In a sci-fi/fantasy setting the villains should have ominous-sounding names.

Originally posted by Q99
Like Really, the series we love has horrible names all over

To be fair the series is set "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" so names should sound alien or otherworldly. It would be rather odd if everyone had regular "Earth" names.

I agree though that some of them are just plain dumb. Case in point:

Yarael Poof.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure "Vidian" was the name of a Star Trek character.

Q99
The Vidiians were a star trek species.

Vidian is the name of a nerve in the body, and a Xenoblade character.

---

Yea, I'll note even though I find a lot of them 'bad,' it's like, in a fun way and I like the favor it gives.

NewGuy01
Answered your own question there, buddy.

Darth Abonis
What's cool about Vidian is that he not is some aspiring Sith, diehard alien warrior, or even anything overly sinister or otherworldly. He is a essentially a project manager!! Yet he brings a sinister realism to the novel that works wonderfully.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
He's a cruel, self-serving bully with a chip on his shoulder and microchips in his head. How original.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.