Professor X vs Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Tp battle. First to control the other

Digi
I legitimately think stalemate is the correct answer here. Unless we want to count stupid things like general fatigue, in which case Strange keeps himself up via spells longer.

GroggyGrunt
First to control the other, I'd give it to X. Since a mutant ability is inherent and he's had so much experience living with it 24/7, I think he'd be much faster on the draw.

Sin I AM
I don't think speed will be a deciding factor

Sixth_Winged
strange can resist X's best attack long enough to do a quick basic spell so him.

Digi
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
strange can resist X's best attack long enough to do a quick basic spell so him.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Tp battle.

riv6672
Strange.
Their powers may be comparable but the sheer amount of other dimensional alien magical god like creatures Strange has resisted over the years trumps Charles IMO.
As far as experience, bearing in mind the sliding time line Strange has been magicking as long or longer than Charles has been alive.

GroggyGrunt
I still think X would take it. To someone like Xavier, a crushing psychic attack would be akin to blinking in how quickly he would initiate it. No prep implied and the first to control stip, I think he'd get in before Stephen could properly raise his defenses. If Xavier can't get it at the outset, then he's in trouble.

riv6672
Fair point!
I would think though, each character would routinely have mental shields up. Still, being my own devil's advocate, i freely admit that only goes as far as the plot allows in the actual comics laughing

krisblaze
Loki seemed to have Strange on the ropes when they threw down telepathically.

I'm liking Professor X for this.

riv6672
That said, Charles isnt duplicating Loki's attacks slash feats.

GroggyGrunt
Originally posted by riv6672
Fair point!
I would think though, each character would routinely have mental shields up. Still, being my own devil's advocate, i freely admit that only goes as far as the plot allows in the actual comics laughing

Agreed! My money is on X primarily because of his being a biological ability, so I view both his defenses and his offense as more innate and effortless, respectively.

riv6672
Nice.
smile

Sin I AM
Not to take away from strange but Charles seems definitely more skilled. Even though i hated avx his casual owning of both teams including thor was impressive

carver9
X stomps tbh. Strange is good though.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Digi

ah yeah my bad. I guess im gonna go for strange still. I think He enough juice to resist psi bolts and whatnot from charles and fights with tpers usually ends up in the astral plane which Strange usually owns.

If it doesnt though, tossup.

BIGWHITESEXY
BOTH ARE NATURAL TELEPATHS.

STRANGE DEFEATED MOONDRAGON WITH THE MIND GEM IN A TP BATTLE SECONDS AFTER SHE EASILY DEFEATED PROF X!

I CAN'T SEE X WINNING .

BIGWHITESEXY
ALL STRANGE HAS TO DO IS BRING OUT THE EYE AND HIS TP STATS GO UP X10 AND HE BECOMES IMMUNE TO TP ATTACKS.

riv6672
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
ah yeah my bad. I guess im gonna go for strange still. I think He enough juice to resist psi bolts and whatnot from charles and fights with tpers usually ends up in the astral plane which Strange usually owns.

If it doesnt though, tossup.

Thats a lot like i was getting at originally.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by BIGWHITESEXY
BOTH ARE NATURAL TELEPATHS.

STRANGE DEFEATED MOONDRAGON WITH THE MIND GEM IN A TP BATTLE SECONDS AFTER SHE EASILY DEFEATED PROF X!

I CAN'T SEE X WINNING .

Moonstone with Mind Gem, pretty good. Proffessor X Mentally shackeled Dark Phoenix before when she resisieted him. :P

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/101625/2114086-z3fl0.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/67877/2114456-xmtdps_147.jpg

While Jean help fight of the Phoenix, I still rate Dark Phoenix mental abilities far beyond Moondragon with the Moonstone who failed a few times IIRC.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/107566/2114579-z2sl0.jpg

Also Xavier Mind Raped a robot. How do you do that?!

Both have stupid high end TP feats. Not just Strange.

riv6672
How DO you mind rape a robot?

BIGWHITESEXY
STRANGE ALSO DEFEATED UMAR, DORMMAMUS SISTER IN TP.

CLASSIC STRANGE HAS NEVER BEEN BEATEN MENTALLY.

CadenceV2
How DO you mind rape a robot?

I know right?!

riv6672
Originally posted by CadenceV2
I know right?!
Ha, when i saw you'd posted, i thought "dagNAMit. If he's answered this question i'm gonna PLOTZ!"

Laminator_X
With the Eye of Agamotto, Strange doesn't loose this. Without it, I'd favor Xavier.

Sin I AM
(auto quote)[/quickquote

Using the eye would kinda be cheating. Haven't decided since its standard tp equipment for strange

riv6672
Not sure what you mean by that?

relentless1
the question is which is fatser? the speed of movement or the speed of thought? answer would be speed of thought so Xavier would win this one by a c#nt hair

Sin I AM
Not sure what you mean by that?

It amplifies his abilities like cerebro

Originally posted by relentless1
the question is which is fatser? the speed of movement or the speed of thought? answer would be speed of thought so Xavier would win this one by a c#nt hair

What's with you guys and speed. Its not about speed. When has that ever been a determining factor in a tp battle? Never. It's about skill, imagination, willpower. Geez

CadenceV2
Yeah, Eye of Aggy is a major amp to strange as Cerebro is to xavier.

complexbrother
X because .... well I'm too lazy to write why .

Laminator_X
Originally posted by CadenceV2
Yeah, Eye of Aggy is a major amp to strange as Cerebro is to xavier.

Key difference being that Strange carried it with him everywhere, it accompanied him into the astral plane while still defending his body, etc. it was "Standard Equipment" for almost every version of the character.

CadenceV2
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Key difference being that Strange carried it with him everywhere, it accompanied him into the astral plane while still defending his body, etc. it was "Standard Equipment" for almost every version of the character.

Hmmmm.... thats funny, nowhere in my post did I state anything about standard equipment. Nope, not at all. Just that is AMPED his powers which it does.

riv6672
It amplifies his abilities like cerebro

I got you. thumb up

What's with you guys and speed. Its not about speed. When has that ever been a determining factor in a tp battle? Never. It's about skill, imagination, willpower. Geez
Ha, annoying, isnt it? laughing

Laminator_X
Speed would be a factor if one party could crush his opponent immediately, denying him the ability to respond. Even if Charles strikes first though, I don't think he can insta-defeat Stephen.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Speed would be a factor if one party could crush his opponent immediately, denying him the ability to respond. Even if Charles strikes first though, I don't think he can insta-defeat Stephen.

Can you reference as instance where "speed" led to victory in the astral plane?

Laminator_X
Not off-hand. I don't think it matters in this battle though.

I figure that if Strange has the Eye, he takes 4/5, without it, Xavier takes 3/5.

Sin I AM
I honestly don't believe the eye will help him as he's so reliant on it. Sorta like people with hfs forget their MA skills

riv6672
Point!

BIGWHITESEXY
I honestly don't believe the eye will help him as he's so reliant on it. Sorta like people with hfs forget their MA skills
HE ISN'T RELIANT ON IT, HES A UNIVERSAL LEVEL TP WITHOUT IT AND A MULTIVERSAL TP WITH IT. HES READ MINDS OF ENTIRE PANETS FROM BILLIONS OF LIGHTYEARS AWAY WITH OUT IT.

BUT, WHEN HE WANTS TO DEFEAT A SKYFATHER LEVEL TP, HE USES IT.

NO ONE HAS EVER FOUGHT OFF THE EYE.

AS FOR SPEED, HIS EYE REACTS FASTER THAN LIGHT.

abhilegend
Just recently when Strange was amped against Great Society, Norn effortlessly broke through Strange's defenses and said that he leaves his mind open for TP attacks.

Laminator_X
Recent Strange will job to anybody. Of course, recent Xavier is dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.