Fernus the burning martian vs Death sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Reflassshh
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/126197/2568975-2319336_jla__87_pg02_super.jpg

VS

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ts6hryo7rog/UrdV9RCtfpI/AAAAAAAAQ-0/uqrRVkaU26o/s640/uncannyavengers15d.jpg

No bfr, The burning or the death seed?

RealityWarper
No.
The Death of the Martian.

leonidas
depends on whether dentry had some immunity to tp. if not, he's utterly f'd.

Reflassshh
Thought this was a good fight.

Golgo13
Originally posted by leonidas

Does he have any offense against intangible beings?

DarkSaint85

This. Whilst DS had good regeneration, Fernus was blown apart by Superman, and blown in half by John Stewart, and he just regenerated from that.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111129725/3949654-john+stewart+vs+fernus.png

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1728/z25f.jpg

RealityWarper
Fernus dies.

Sentry stomps.

DarkSaint85
Nah.

RealityWarper
Sentry is immune to TP and can erase Fernus with a though.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Sentry is immune to TP and can erase Fernus with a though.

D Sentry can? I would like to see some feats of him erasing people with a thought.

Mindship
I'm not that familiar with Fernus. Did the JLA eventually defeat him? If so, how? I mean, the JLA typically takes on single individuals with team-challenging power (eg, Shaggyman), only to eventually defeat them. Is Fernus any different?

My point is that, Fernus is a bad guy. So he will/should eventually be beaten. Dentry has no such constraints; he's a free agent storywise.

Admittedly, this is a loopy reason to given Dentry a first-impression win. That's why I asked about Fernus' eventual fate.

Reflassshh
Fernus stomped the JLA, they beat him just because plastic man was supposedly immune to TP due to not being 'organic' or some shit like that.

That should be considered PIS imo as that wasn't mentioned again before or after that story.

krisblaze
Haha, gotta love DC telepathy, such shit.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Fernus stomped the JLA, they beat him just because plastic man was supposedly immune to TP due to not being 'organic' or some shit like that.

That should be considered PIS imo as that wasn't mentioned again before or after that story.

They ultimately beat him when Atom/Major Disaster/Raven freed MM on the astral plane, GL drowned the whole of that N Korean city in water (removing his flames) and MM then atomised him with Martian Vision.

Estacado
Fernus.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This. Whilst DS had good regeneration, Fernus was blown apart by Superman, and blown in half by John Stewart, and he just regenerated from that.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111129725/3949654-john+stewart+vs+fernus.png

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1728/z25f.jpg

With regards to your comment on Roberts regeneration as shown in that very scan. Hurting his physical shell is pointless. And in my opinion the only 2 times he actually was damaged in UA was to portray the fact that he couldn't be hurt.

And he has appeared back from nothing with feats like Morgana Le Fay and Molecule Man. So he isn't without regen feats

(not accusing you of saying otherwise)

Then we have Sentry resisting TP from Dr Strange, which I will 100% concede it is not on the level of Fernus to any degree. That's at least 1 TP resistance feat. And current Sentry is now mentally stable and in a determined mindset. Who is to say what that could mean. But yeah ultimately that just leads down a road of what do you say he could resist and that's a silly game to play. Interesting battle idea, just thought I could reply to you on a couple of things.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
With regards to your comment on Roberts regeneration as shown in that very scan. Hurting his physical shell is pointless. And in my opinion the only 2 times he actually was damaged in UA was to portray the fact that he couldn't be hurt.

And he has appeared back from nothing with feats like Morgana Le Fay and Molecule Man. So he isn't without regen feats

(not accusing you of saying otherwise)

Then we have Sentry resisting TP from Dr Strange, which I will 100% concede it is not on the level of Fernus to any degree. That's at least 1 TP resistance feat. And current Sentry is now mentally stable and in a determined mindset. Who is to say what that could mean. But yeah ultimately that just leads down a road of what do you say he could resist and that's a silly game to play. Interesting battle idea, just thought I could reply to you on a couple of things.

Yah. It's all down to that TP resistance, which I am willing to concede on if DS had some more feats.

You're really the only one I would trust on DS; so if you are unsure, then that's this thread done.

If DS can resist TP on that level, DS wins.
If not, then Fernus wins.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yah. It's all down to that TP resistance, which I am willing to concede on if DS had some more feats.

You're really the only one I would trust on DS; so if you are unsure, then that's this thread done.

If DS can resist TP on that level, DS wins.
If not, then Fernus wins.

It's a tricky thing to be honest, I mean I would present what he has resisted then hypothesize what someone who is mentally stable (and as powerful as Robert could resist) with his newfound control.

But then that leads you down an endless road of picking characters you think he could combat. It ends up being a choose a character and say he could resist this because of X showings.

In short I would like to think now he could resist TP beyond what Strange could exert (given my argument in the 2nd paragraph) with him being stable to the nth degree, being in a determined mindset. But how far you can speculate could lead to all manner of things.

leonidas
^yep, pretty much this exactly. my gut says that if they battled in a book, dentry would be affected by fernus's tp, but that's only a guess. i think his history is something fernus could use against him, as a weakness. he might be able to bring out the old fears, etc. dentry would be the more powerful, but imo, fernus could drive a wedge into his old weak spots. not sure if that would be enough to get fernus a win, but no one was close to being able to simply resist fernus's tp. i readily admit that is pure speculation though and could well be wrong. maybe this new form of dentry's would allow him to resist.....

in short, this is yet another thread where it's impossible to find a definitive answer.

Reflassshh
Yeah, it's a give or take really.

Considering that Fernus flat out mind raped characters with a good record against TP such as Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder woman and someone like Superman whos TP resitance feats are very good to say the least. And they were helpless with Fernus.

One_Angry_Scot
^yep, pretty much this exactly. my gut says that if they battled in a book, dentry would be affected by fernus's tp, but that's only a guess. i think his history is something fernus could use against him, as a weakness. he might be able to bring out the old fears, etc. dentry would be the more powerful, but imo, fernus could drive a wedge into his old weak spots. not sure if that would be enough to get fernus a win, but no one was close to being able to simply resist fernus's tp. i readily admit that is pure speculation though and could well be wrong. maybe this new form of dentry's would allow him to resist.....

in short, this is yet another thread where it's impossible to find a definitive answer.

I'd have to disagree with you here.

While Fernus has godly TP him attempting to use it to bring back old memories wouldn't have a single affect on current Sentry.

As we know the mental illness is what made Sentry the way he was. Why he struggled with crowds of people, why he was afraid of himself etc. And in Sentry's words.

He was cleaned of his Agoraphobic nightmare after being burnt in the Sun. Reborn again and again until his curse was lifted.

So on that front I don't believe Fernus could utilize them memories to affect him as they are intrinsically related to Sentry when he was affected by his mental illness.

Which is all the time but in different degrees of severity.

This sounds like I am being rude but I don't mean it in that way. I just sort of think Fernus can't exploit this certain thing. He'd be better trying to exploit nerve signals and such (but like I said we have the whole theory of a theory thing).

So while I am not stating Fernus couldn't at all affect him. I am just saying he couldn't effect Robert by going down that one avenue. It is a completely different Sentry now.

He would be better of trying other things.

leonidas
fair enuff. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.